NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
georgeoar394

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by georgeoar394 »

JumboFan4 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:00 am
georgeoar394 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:41 am Makes sense but I don't see why some of those schools would travel upwards of 4 hrs in a day for just a game. Assuming overnights are entirely out of the question. Nescac will be spread thin geographically if, Midd and Wesleyan join in not playing with AC and Bowdoin. Middlebury, and Hamilton are an anomaly if you try separating east and west. Makes sense to have coaches setup for local out of conference play
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but how are there going to be any conference championships and NCAA playoffs if teams can't travel?
Well obviously there won't be a Nescac conference championship with potentially 3-4 teams opting out. Will there be an NCAA championship? Yes but an asterisk next to the name in my book. Especially at such liberal NESCAC schools I don't see how they would permit teams to do extensive travel
laxxer27

Post by laxxer27 »

Dave wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:39 am I think Middlebury is out, so that leaves 4 in each if Wesleyan plays. Last I heard was that they only had 18 kids or so on campus, but still might play
I echo that, pretty sure middlebury is out this season.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

georgeoar394 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:31 am
georgeoar394 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:41 am Makes sense but I don't see why some of those schools would travel upwards of 4 hrs in a day for just a game. Assuming overnights are entirely out of the question. Nescac will be spread thin geographically if, Midd and Wesleyan join in not playing with AC and Bowdoin. Middlebury, and Hamilton are an anomaly if you try separating east and west. Makes sense to have coaches setup for local out of conference play
Apologies if this has already been mentioned, but how are there going to be any conference championships and NCAA playoffs if teams can't travel?
Well obviously there won't be a Nescac conference championship with potentially 3-4 teams opting out. Will there be an NCAA championship? Yes but an asterisk next to the name in my book. Especially at such liberal NESCAC schools I don't see how they would permit teams to do extensive travel
NESAC teams, even if playing, will almost certainly not be participating in an post-season tournaments. It will be interesting how they try to pull off a D3 tournament (I think it is very likely that they have one). Brackets will really, even more than usual, have to be designed almost exclusively on proximity.
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

pcowlax wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:52 pm
georgeoar394 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:31 am
NESAC teams, even if playing, will almost certainly not be participating in an post-season tournaments. It will be interesting how they try to pull off a D3 tournament (I think it is very likely that they have one). Brackets will really, even more than usual, have to be designed almost exclusively on proximity.
Seems really early to state that NESCAC teams won't partake in post-season sports, especially when vaccinations really start to ramp up over the next 6-8 weeks.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I sure as hell hope they are and there is no medical reason at all they can’t travel and stay over night for that matter but they aren’t exactly following any scientific or medical reason currently. No reason for all teams not to be practicing regularly yet we can see how many or not or planning paired down games. Things will indeed be better in a few months but to say that they would then expand what they are willing to do would imply that they are guided by science (rather than panic/PR), which has not been the case to date. We’ll see and I will certainly hope for the best!
lilax

Post by lilax »

Good to see some NESCAC players making their 5th years worthwhile.

McCormack had 6 goals in Vermont's win over UMass Lowell

Chlastwa had 2 goals and an Assist in Fairfield's loss to Providence.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

Trinity Lacrosse schedule up on their site.
SimpleLax

Post by SimpleLax »

Good to see Trinity being proactive in getting season. Sad to see only 1 NESCAC opponent which does not bode well for official NESCAC season but with a roster of 70 strong, Trinity has ability to split squad and add a second season of games if NESCAC does sponsor some type of official season.

As mentioned by other posters, understand Bates is working on scheduling home and him games with Tufts, Colby and UNE as well as potentially with Conn College,which based on recent Maine reopening may become a reality, bringing to fruition the East NESCAC division. Hopefully announcement soon.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Well, this hire is working out about as well as everyone expected. What a nightmare of utterly myopic idiocy.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 am
Well, this hire is working out about as well as everyone expected. What a nightmare of utterly myopic idiocy.
Until JTs 2020 freshman graduate, the program is going to have some issues imo..need a full wave of recruits to sort all of this out and that’s even if Devoe can stay that long
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

georgeoar394 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:22 am
pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:13 am
Until JTs 2020 freshman graduate, the program is going to have some issues imo..need a full wave of recruits to sort all of this out and that’s even if Devoe can stay that long
I think "some issues" is being kind. The issue as to whether he will stay that long looks like it will be decided entirely based on politics rather than athletic results so who knows but it sure as hell is no way to run an athletic program.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

It is a lacrosse and athletics trainwreck of epic proportion. The woke culture at Amherst will not allow the truth to come out and so the student-athletes have to endure the hypocrisy of the school's practices.
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Is there any more context/detail on what the comments and issues actually were? Either way, what a bizarre story.
NJlaxfan88

Post by NJlaxfan88 »

With the Salisbury loss the NESCAC has officially announced a full spring season.
nehslaxfan

Re: NESCAC 2021

Post by nehslaxfan »

Have any other teams besides Trinity posted their schedule as of yet? Hopefully we will see additional teams posting shortly and more conference games on the schedule.
VTLaxGuy

Post by VTLaxGuy »

Colby had two winter sports playing this weekend: Women's BBall played Southern Maine and Men's Hockey played University of New England; so that's clearly a great sign that they'll be doing SOMETHING this spring....

I've heard from a lacrosse player at UNE that they're playing Colby this spring as part of a "Maine school thing". It sounded (according to the UNE player) like the state of Maine was not letting teams travel out of state to play (though they can host out of state teams), so the D3 schools in Maine are trying to make the best of it and play each other in some form of a season.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

VTLaxGuy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:56 pm Colby had two winter sports playing this weekend: Women's BBall played Southern Maine and Men's Hockey played University of New England; so that's clearly a great sign that they'll be doing SOMETHING this spring....

I've heard from a lacrosse player at UNE that they're playing Colby this spring as part of a "Maine school thing". It sounded (according to the UNE player) like the state of Maine was not letting teams travel out of state to play (though they can host out of state teams), so the D3 schools in Maine are trying to make the best of it and play each other in some form of a season.
A few days ago Maine opened up unrestricted travel with all New England states: https://www.necn.com/news/local/maine-o ... w/2420237/ As of March 19th, Connecticut will no longer have travel restrictions. Massachusetts, meanwhile, continues to have travel restrictions with NY and all New England states.

There appears to be enough daylight there for most of the NESCAC to play a full schedule.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

I think VT is still locked down but sounds like Midd is not playing regardless. Maybe Williams can drive a few miles west and host games in NY. Not sure what the player status is at most of these schools but have to assume they don’t have nearly as many unenrolled as the Ivys did due to lack of stay at home grad school options.
Laxwizard

Post by Laxwizard »

ah23 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 1:01 pm Is there any more context/detail on what the comments and issues actually were? Either way, what a bizarre story.
Whatever the comments the players were escalating, from the article it sounds like the investigation has concluded and they all need to move forward and get on with team building exercises, an presumably practice. Good luck to all involved!

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”