Matnum PI

Brown

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Re: Brown

Post by Matnum PI »

Am I the only one who finds it strange how many former Culver players are now playing at Lawrenceville?
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:17 am Am I the only one who finds it strange how many former Culver players are now playing at Lawrenceville?
Yes.
“I wish you would!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

It's high school. Following a coach halfway across the country in HS?!
Caddy Day
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Assuming this is Brown2021;
Still no freshmen on '21 roster.
Charlie Don't Surf

Post by Charlie Don't Surf »

Interesting. They had been up earlier.

Perhaps they are no longer listed because they are no yet enrolled in school yet.

Brown delayed the arrival of all freshmen on campus until January 2021.

I suspect they will be up come January.
COMMISH

Post by COMMISH »

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Still no frosh on roster.
Latest I've heard, IL says no practice 'till 3/1/21.
League-only schedule? Since the Ivies are in the Northeast, they may be able to fit in local rivals safe-travel-wise, but time-wise in a condensed sched is the issue.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

A Brown Lacrosse Zoom jamboree was held several Sat.’s ago
toasting former Brown coach Dom Starsia on his induction into the IMLCA HOF...former Brown Coach Lasagna testified as to his love for Brown...current
Coach Daly forecast continuing success...former coach Tiffany had the guts to appear despite succumbing to Brown State last
March in Providence with his “Defending National Champion”: Wahoos...over 150 attendees celebrated Brown Lax in the open session of the event...followed by a “by invitation only” session...it was a memorable event highlighted by the allegiances sworn to by many Brown greats including Evans, Gagnon, LoBosco and others.
Charlie Don't Surf

Post by Charlie Don't Surf »

Hope springs eternal for Brown Lacrosse fans:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sn0AFygiAk
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

2021 Roster up!!! Now including freshmen!!!!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

https://brownbears.com/news/2021/1/29/g ... rship.aspx

AD Hayes leaving. Has been big supporter of the lax programs.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Sad news, legendary HOF Coach Stevenson has passed away just short of his 93rd birthday. Thanks Coach for all you have meant to so many. We are truly grateful for the opportunities we have. #EverTrue #GoBruno 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🐻🐻🐻

From @BrownLacrosse

RIP
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

bearlaxfan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:32 pm Sad news, legendary HOF Coach Stevenson has passed away just short of his 93rd birthday. Thanks Coach for all you have meant to so many. We are truly grateful for the opportunities we have. #EverTrue #GoBruno 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🐻🐻🐻

From @BrownLacrosse

RIP
RIP Cliff. Hopefully the stories will always be told. So many Yogi Berra like quotes from Cliff over the years like: "Half of you over there, half of you with coach and the rest with me."

Hoping that the Brown Bears get some type of season in even if the Ivy Presidents choose not to play.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Is there any news to report from Providence whether or not Brown will allow us to schedule non-league games and get some type of season out of this Sh**show?
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Brown needs to get to Phase IV (now in Phase II of athletic conditioning) and IL will let them know (no stats offered) when Covid conditions improve enough to get there ....then OOC games no more than 40 miles away can be scheduled .....don’t want the contagion spread on campus after student-athletes return from visits to infested foreign lands ....that leaves mileage-wise possible games with Bryant, Providence, Conn College and perhaps any team willing to meet at an I-95 N or I-95S rest stop within 40 miles of Private....would be laughable if IL was not so pathetic and inept as it is...other Ivies had coaches advise (inside info?) their players to bail on their senior seasons ...Penn and Brown had their players stick with the 2021season- guess who gets to finish their undergrad years in 2022 !? Oh, right, the IL lets seniors get to take grad school years at Penn and Brown if they have the $$ and the capacity to be admitted to competitive grad programs....
Laxman23

Post by Laxman23 »

Anyone curious how the decision to curtail the IVY season went down? Two of the big 3 had not listed 2021 rosters prior to the weekend when the decision was made not to have a season. Were teams that pulled out given equal say in the vote whether or not to have a season? Should they have had an equal vote?. Seems like the players that stuck together and enrolled in the spring got the shortest end of the stick. Kind of sad that all the concepts of “team” “unity” “togetherness” got shortchanged.
Clearly the 40 mile rule, lack of neutral site competition, and the inability to invite teams with Covid clearance to come to the IVY home field to play were attempts to absolutely guarantee that any IVY team that had student athletes enrolled this spring would not have any ability to have a season. Very hard pill to swallow. Just curious how four schools trying to have a season got boxed out by the big three?
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Bearfan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:58 pm ... Were teams that pulled out given equal say in the vote whether or not to have a season? ... Just curious how four schools trying to have a season got boxed out by the big three?
None of the teams got to vote; university presidents did. Columbia U's president had a say, even though Columbia has no men's varsity lacrosse. The League's decision applied to baseball, crew, any and all other spring sports. I don't think there was any boxing out; some coaches / teams read the tea leaves more carefully.
Laxman23

Post by Laxman23 »

Probably true on reading of the tea leaves.....it’s just the IVY league likely could have done a better job letting kids and coaches know a lot earlier in time to potentially withdraw. The whole process should have been a whole lot less obtuse.
Frustrating that I can go in my hometown library and take out a book, that I am encouraged to safely dine with a mask and restart the economy by shopping in person locally and that 60 some other D1 programs have found a way to make a season happen.
Not good for the IVY image and certainly very sad for the student athletes.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”