CAA 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2021

Post by 10stone5 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 pm
Neverplaydown wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:25 pm Does anyone know which teams are allowing fans?
Thanks in advance
Delaware is 2 tickets per player for now hopefully opening up to general fans soon but I haven’t heard and updates recently.
Drexel,
Due to the pandemic, city regulations and continuing health protocols, all Drexel Athletics home events are closed to members of the general public. The general public includes the families of student-athletes, fans, current Drexel students and non-participating student-athletes.
Towson,
TOWSON, Md. – Towson University athletics is set for a big spring, and you can support the sport you love from the comfort of home. The Towson department of athletics has announced virtual season tickets plans for several sports that will compete in the spring of 2021.
Hofstra,
Hempstead, NY - The Hofstra University Department of Athletics continues to monitor all CDC, New York State, Nassau County, and University protocols as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.

As a result of all protocols and regulations in place to provide a safe environment for our student-athletes, coaches, and essential staff, there will be no fan attendance at any Hofstra sporting events on campus.
Neverplaydown

Post by Neverplaydown »

Thanks for info
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hens turning their play up a notch.
A classic, playing down to the competition, game.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I saw that Navy has suspended play again for all sports (except Basketball for some reason).

Anyway, I am hopeful that UMass will be able to play its game against Hofstra this weekend after being shut down the past month. Hopeful, but not sure. There has been nothing published to say the suspension has been lifted.

There is always a threat that ADs will shut down the programs if cases go up on campus. So the big question remains, will be see a champion crowned at the end of 2021?

Cases are going up at Delaware and the President has been publically threatening a shut down of all activity. What happens when the conference games start getting cancelled?

Keep your fingers crossed.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Out of our control,
Any new directives coming down from the CoC,
the DoD, individual school ADs or their states,

I’ll just assume a full slate for the most part
this week.

Week 3 rankings,
once you get past the top 9 “Super Teams”,
UMass remains in the mix, Hofstra gets into the top
20 after a real good game with Stony Brook,
Hens, Tigers also get top 20 votes, too bad Tigers
could not hold on to that lead against Spiders.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Drexel actually did play Salisbury Saturday,
assume this was just a chance for Dragons to
get a full field workout, test out as many players
as time allowed,

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/75464/603b ... 13ec982615
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hofstra - Wagner
4pm EST 03/02
on Hofstra Portal Stretch Internet

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/hofstra/
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

Hofstra-Wagner starts at 2 PM.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Tierney should be good for 12 goals in that game.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Henpecked wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:57 am I saw that Navy has suspended play again for all sports (except Basketball for some reason).
The men's Bball team has been isolated from the Brigade, living in the Navy Lodge & testing daily. They've been in a bubble.

The women's Bball team was going to do the same but they had a couple players in a contact tracing chain so they're withdrawing from the PL tourney.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:07 pm
Henpecked wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:57 am I saw that Navy has suspended play again for all sports (except Basketball for some reason).
The men's Bball team has been isolated from the Brigade, living in the Navy Lodge & testing daily. They've been in a bubble.

The women's Bball team was going to do the same but they had a couple players in a contact tracing chain so they're withdrawing from the PL tourney.
Thanks for the info. Seemed peculiar to me . Makes sense but I hope the lacrosse team can get back at it soon.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Nassaufan wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:18 pm Hofstra-Wagner starts at 2 PM.
Tuesday’s game.
Ryan Tierney has been bringing in some positive
publicity for the CAA, Tierney is close to passing
Curtis Dickson as the all time CAA scorer.
This hopefully turns the attention to other top
CAA players, Charlie Kitchen picked his game up this
past game, the UMass players if and when they take
the field, Dylan Beckwith.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

So how would play Ryan Tierney? Clearly he does a lot of damage on GLE, and he goes back to his left hand. Why aren’t teams denying him the ball? You cut back his possessions, would be a good start. I’m thinking not a normal slide , but a trail slide behind him once he gets up on his island. He needs to be bracketed.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Tierney is one of the best shooters in all D1 lacrosse. Maybe the best? But the next right-handed goal he scores, will be the first right-handed goal he scores in his career.

A couple years back Delaware frustrated the heck out of Tierney by overplaying his left hand and trailing with a double EVERY single time he touched the ball above GLE. He ended up scoring 2 goals in a 13-7 loss, including a shot from behind GLE that to this day astounds me that it got in. Tierney freaked out and lost composure in that game and took four minutes in penalties. He is extremely competitive (a hot head like dad) and gets a little outside his game when teams key on him like that. I think he may be the all-time leader in penalties for an attackman if they keep those kind of stats. Look it up. He led his team in penalties in 2019 with 14 penalties and 13 minutes in the box.

All that said, two years ago he had ZERO support on offense, so he was forced to force the action. This year, with the addition of transfers Alex Concannon and Justin Lynsky, he has so many more options to just rotate the ball and pick up an assist. Doubling him every time he touches the ball could cost teams dearly.

So, I can't say that there really is a way to stop him completely. You can only hope to contain him somewhat.
HU34

Post by HU34 »

You can't let him turn the corner. Over play his left and send the slide to turn him back. Once he starts sweeping lefty above GLE it's all over.
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

NCAA's leading scorers today:

1 Ryan Tierney Hofstra 5.67
2 Jake Carraway Georgetown 5.50
3 Mike Robinson Delaware 5.33
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

He has a Tebow whined up, that’s why I’m thinking a double from behind, it’s almost like keeping him in the pocket. Heck of a player, no reason to let a player score 8g’s when clearly he is the one to key on
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Nassaufan wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:20 am NCAA's leading scorers today:

1 Ryan Tierney Hofstra 5.67
2 Jake Carraway Georgetown 5.50
3 Mike Robinson Delaware 5.33
And Tierney with 8 points per game,
Sowers was averaging over 9 a game last year.

I don’t think there’s any way you completely shut off
Tierney, like the Ivies tried with Teat.
He’s too good in tight spaces.
If Tierney is smart and anyone tries this, just have
Tierney bring in the ball on all out of bounds plays
in the offensive end.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Henpecked wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 am Tierney is one of the best shooters in all D1 lacrosse. Maybe the best? But the next right-handed goal he scores, will be the first right-handed goal he scores in his career.

A couple years back Delaware frustrated the heck out of Tierney by overplaying his left hand and trailing with a double EVERY single time he touched the ball above GLE. He ended up scoring 2 goals in a 13-7 loss, including a shot from behind GLE that to this day astounds me that it got in. Tierney freaked out and lost composure in that game and took four minutes in penalties. He is extremely competitive (a hot head like dad) and gets a little outside his game when teams key on him like that. I think he may be the all-time leader in penalties for an attackman if they keep those kind of stats. Look it up. He led his team in penalties in 2019 with 14 penalties and 13 minutes in the box.

All that said, two years ago he had ZERO support on offense, so he was forced to force the action. This year, with the addition of transfers Alex Concannon and Justin Lynsky, he has so many more options to just rotate the ball and pick up an assist. Doubling him every time he touches the ball could cost teams dearly.

So, I can't say that there really is a way to stop him completely. You can only hope to contain him somewhat.
They lost to St John’s when Tierney scores 8,3. Won the next game where he did very little. Does he make the team better?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Henpecked wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 am Tierney is one of the best shooters in all D1 lacrosse. Maybe the best? But the next right-handed goal he scores, will be the first right-handed goal he scores in his career.

Yeah but has he ever taken a skate off and tried to stab anyone with it?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”