Big Ten 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Big Ten 2021

Post by jhu06 »

Joe Paterno used to say the number 1 secret to his success at Penn State was having New Jersey recruiting all to himself.
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

AOD wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:48 pmHis club coach produces annually some of the best players from NJ.
My son plays for that club...and yeah there is a serious amount of talent on some of those teams.
AOD

Post by AOD »

jhu06 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:40 pm Joe Paterno used to say the number 1 secret to his success at Penn State was having New Jersey recruiting all to himself.
Yep. Schiano was a grad assistant to Paterno and has consistently mined NJ for football talent during his two tenures as RU head coach.
Young Warrior

Post by Young Warrior »

O/A for Rutgers goals this weekend v Michigan?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Young Warrior wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:52 am O/U for Rutgers goals this weekend v Michigan?
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

jhu06 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:40 pm Joe Paterno used to say the number 1 secret to his success at Penn State was having New Jersey recruiting all to himself.
Perhaps this is neither here nor there, but it looks like JoePa had a lot of secrets that kept PSU up there in the national rankings.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Seriously, what the heck do you mean by the previous statement?
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I think it is pretty obvious what he’s referring to. Joe Pa knew he had a child molester on his staff and kept it a secret. His assistant coach told him directly and Joe Pa did nothing.

Was that a genuine question that you were asking?

Lots of sexual misconduct in the Big 10. Mostly overlooked in the interest of $$$$$. Ohio State wrestling coaches, Michigan State gymnastics coaches, penn state football coaches.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Not a PSU fan (obviously), but is it too difficult to believe that Paterno could not imagine that guy (sorry I won't bother to look up his name) being a pervert? So, he found it impossible to believe his assistant coach? I mean, he was a classics major at Brown, so I am sure he was aware of pagan practices, but isn't it possible that he found it easier to believe that his assistant coach was mistaken than to believe what's his name on his staff doing (cue the Animal House Bill of Particulars)?
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Yes. That is too difficult to believe.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Henpecked wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 pm I think it is pretty obvious what he’s referring to. Joe Pa knew he had a child molester on his staff and kept it a secret. His assistant coach told him directly and Joe Pa did nothing.

Lots of sexual misconduct in the Big 10. Mostly overlooked in the interest of $$$$$. Ohio State wrestling coaches, Michigan State gymnastics coaches, penn state football coaches.
I shouldn't have brought it up, but I couldn't help it.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Wheels wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 pm
Henpecked wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:53 pm I think it is pretty obvious what he’s referring to. Joe Pa knew he had a child molester on his staff and kept it a secret. His assistant coach told him directly and Joe Pa did nothing.

If anything “good” came out of this,
it is that this is no longer the case,

"a culture of reverence for the football program
that is ingrained at all levels of the (campus, surrounding
areas, Pennsylvania) community"
(from the trial transcripts)
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:57 pm

You're joking, right?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

keno in reno wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:23 am

You're joking, right?
Nope
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

So these are the same people that "assumed" that Greg Schiano had knowledge of the Jerry Sandusky scandal and the horrendous acts he perpetrated. This ultimately cost Schiano the Tennessee Head Coaching job because a few nut jobs were loud and scared the UT administration. The precursor to the Cancel Culture we are being overrun with in our country. It used to be innocent until proven guilty in the USA, not if you are on the wrong side of the leftist mob.

Be careful of throwing stones in glass houses.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:28 am
keno in reno wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:23 am

You're joking, right?
Nope
not worth rehashing
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

livelovelax wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:07 am So these are the same people that "assumed" that Greg Schiano had knowledge of the Jerry Sandusky scandal and the horrendous acts he perpetrated. This ultimately cost Schiano the Tennessee Head Coaching job because a few nut jobs were loud and scared the UT administration. The precursor to the Cancel Culture we are being overrun with in our country. It used to be innocent until proven guilty in the USA, not if you are on the wrong side of the leftist mob.

Be careful of throwing stones in glass houses.
Yeah, no. Clay Travis and people like him used the PSU case as a reason to tank his chance at the UT job because they wanted a bigger name. I'm sure they're happy with what Pruitt did during his time in Kville before they fired him.

JoePa knew (as did many around him) and either didn't know what to do (best case) or didn't want to do anything about it (worst case). The same evidence that got PSU administrators convicted was the same evidence that they might have used on JoePa...had he lived and had they decided to charge him. Do I think they would have charged him? No, but not because of a lack of evidence.

I'll ask the administrator to delete my comment. Back to lacrosse.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Guys my post was about how loaded the state of new jersey is in talented student athletes. Rutgers and the sport deserves better than this penn state bs rehash.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You forgot that Gordon Gee is barely a human being.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Don’t forget the Maryland football coach murdered a kid...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”