Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by jhu06 »

molo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:06 pm In light of all the complaints about poor fan attendance, it may be possible to open the stadium to the public and still maintain social distancing. Much to the chagrin of the governor, I'll be getting a vaccine Wednesday. Here's hoping to see some live games this year!
michigan had parents on saturday it sounded like. time to open sesame.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

jhu06 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:41 pm
molo wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:06 pm In light of all the complaints about poor fan attendance, it may be possible to open the stadium to the public and still maintain social distancing. Much to the chagrin of the governor, I'll be getting a vaccine Wednesday. Here's hoping to see some live games this year!
PSU had family (looked like more than just parents but also siblings) and allowed the visiting team to have a single parent, if I'm not mistaken.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

My understanding is that Michigan allowed each Hopkins player one ticket for family.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

flalax22 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:16 pm
My understanding is that Michigan allowed each Hopkins player one ticket for family.
smart move. time for baltimore and Hopkins to follow suit.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Why one ticket instead of two?

It generally takes two to create a lacrosse player.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 am Why one ticket instead of two?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... arch/57382
quint shows bobby benson a lot of love that some of you don't seem to share and in case there was any doubt, game this weekend is on btn+. In a normal year our schedule based on this weeks rankings w/spots varying 2-3 to include ivy participants we'd be at 1,3,4,6,7,10,11,14 w/navy umbc receiving votes and obviously towson and princeton are strong rivals. "One of the toughest schedules in the nation", was always something I looked forward in the game notes, a credit to the quality of our rivals, and meant we were getting to see great games and some of the best players every week.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:41 am and in case there was any doubt, game this weekend is on btn+.
Skipping this one too?
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

jhu08 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:05 am
jhu06 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:41 am and in case there was any doubt, game this weekend is on btn+.
Skipping this one too?
I'm already a big ten subscriber, so yes I'll throw $ rosemont for this one. Looked at the 2019 box score from our last visit there and realized epstein will be our only starter aside from narewski from that game in the same spot in the lineup although williams and connor are still around. Epstein and Grimes might be the only guys the next time we player there in the same spot in the lineup.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:01 pm
I'm already a big ten subscriber, so yes I'll throw $ rosemont for this one.
Good. I look forward to hearing from you during the game. This thread was too quiet this Saturday.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:01 pm Epstein and Grimes might be the only guys the next time we player there in the same spot in the lineup.
How are you arriving at this conclusion? If we play there next year then Williams is the only player on the roster who can't come back. Pretty sure even Lyne can come back. DeSimone, Baskin, Keogh, Prouty, Reinson—they can all come back. Even if we don't play there again until 2023 then guys like Angelus, Degnon, Szuluk, Deans could all still be around and very well be in similar roles. Not everyone is going to take the extra year of eligibility from Covid but some probably will.

They only touched on the Michigan game briefly on this week's IL podcast but Quint seemed positive (for him, at least). Said he thinks the offense is talented and will be able to score with top Big Ten teams, but still has questions about the defense, which is certainly fair.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

jhu06 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:41 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 am Why one ticket instead of two?

quint shows bobby benson a lot of love that some of you don't seem to share and in case there was any doubt, game this weekend is on btn+. In a normal year our schedule based on this weeks rankings w/spots varying 2-3 to include ivy participants we'd be at 1,3,4,6,7,10,11,14 w/navy umbc receiving votes and obviously towson and princeton are strong rivals. "One of the toughest schedules in the nation", was always something I looked forward in the game notes, a credit to the quality of our rivals, and meant we were getting to see great games and some of the best players every week.
QK continues with the performance art in this week's rankings. Richmond? UMBC? UMass at 12? Georgetown at 9? You gotta give it to him though, the guy definitely has his opinions. Based on this week's rankings, he may have just as much against Georgetown as he does against Hop.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

jhu08 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:13 pm
Good. I look forward to hearing from you during the game. This thread was too quiet this Saturday.
I tried . . . .
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

nyjay wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:32 pm

QK continues with the performance art in this week's rankings. Richmond? UMBC? UMass at 12? Georgetown at 9? You gotta give it to him though, the guy definitely has his opinions. Based on this week's rankings, he may have just as much against Georgetown as he does against Hop.
He doesn’t think Georgetown
is any good.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

jhu08 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:13 pm
I tried . . . .
Haha no slight against you. I’m ribbing 06 for what I deem to be “questionable logic” when it comes to spending money.

It seemed like there were only like 3 of us actually watching live last week.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:33 pm

He doesn’t think Georgetown
is any good.
No, he does not. And they've allowed 2 goals in 2 games. Dude definitely has the courage of his convictions.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

flalax22 wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:16 pm
I’m willing to act as a surrogate parent to attend a Jays game this season.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Rutgers will apparently allow limited fans at its home games. When we play there (likely in April?) that might be an opportunity to see the Jays.

Attendance at sporting events is decided on a state level. I suspect when Maryland allows, Homewood will have fans again, even if it's just family to start. The staff and admin have been saying all along that they'd like to have fans back in the stands when they're able to do so but right now it's not up to them.

For those still following PLL, Atlas traded Rabil to the Cannons for draft picks. They protected Durkin, Crawley, Tinney, and Brown to prevent the Cannons from taking them in the expansion draft. Redwoods protected Harrison and Chrome protected Ranagan. Foley, Rapine, Hubler all went unprotected for their respective teams. If they are smart some PLL coach will draft Cody Radz, who's been a very solid player in the MLL.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

HopFan16 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:21 pm Rutgers will apparently allow limited fans at its home games. When we play there (likely in April?) that might be an opportunity to see the Jays.

Attendance at sporting events is decided on a state level. I suspect when Maryland allows, Homewood will have fans again, even if it's just family to start. The staff and admin have been saying all along that they'd like to have fans back in the stands when they're able to do so but right now it's not up to them.

For those still following PLL, Atlas traded Rabil to the Cannons for draft picks. They protected Durkin, Crawley, Tinney, and Brown to prevent the Cannons from taking them in the expansion draft. Redwoods protected Harrison and Chrome protected Ranagan. Foley, Rapine, Hubler all went unprotected for their respective teams. If they are smart some PLL coach will draft Cody Radz, who's been a very solid player in the MLL.
Didn’t Navy have fans in their first home games? If so, is it really a state-level decision?

I don’t really have a strong opinion on whether Hopkins/the Big Ten should or shouldn’t. So no one bite my head off please. (As in, whatever they decide is fine with me - I’m more worried about other things.)
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu08 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:41 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:21 pm Rutgers will apparently allow limited fans at its home games. When we play there (likely in April?) that might be an opportunity to see the Jays.

Didn’t Navy have fans in their first home games? If so, is it really a state-level decision?

I don’t really have a strong opinion on whether Hopkins/the Big Ten should or shouldn’t. So no one bite my head off please. (As in, whatever they decide is fine with me - I’m more worried about other things.)
Yes, but that's because the Maryland governor had already issued an order allowing for fans at sporting events, which I didn't realize: https://governor.maryland.gov/wp-conten ... .28.21.pdf

"Fans or no fans" is a state-level issue, but after that it's up to localities to decide if they brings fans back under the state guidelines. Didn't see that the state had made its decision already. NJ just announced it was allowing fans last week.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

jhu08 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:41 pm

Fan attendance is based on state and county. AA county has reduced it to parents only for Navy. But Navy is now shut down for the next 10 days

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”