Virginia vs. Syracuse, 6 PM (ACCN)

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Virginia vs. Syracuse, 6 PM (ACCN)

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So I missed the game. Did UVA have the football cheerleaders in after halftime? How many touchdowns did the Hoos win by?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Wow!!

No ‘cuses here...

When does Cuse play UNC?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

Beatdown by Cuse. Porter shut the door in the second half, shutting out Moore. Phaup controlled the faceoffs too. It was the SU rides that did in UVA instead of the other way around.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Congrats to molo, blue angels and fmubart for seeing Cuse game vs Army for what it was worth.The real Cuse team needed more time to prep. Desko did a great job getting team ready in a few days when most were mocking
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Looks like no brake pumping this week. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

syracuse will be national champs.
you heard it here first.
Pensky Material

Post by Pensky Material »

wgdsr wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:29 pm syracuse will be national champs.
you heard it here first.
Well that's very nice of you to say but there's a lot of lacrosse left to play not to mention another game against the Cavs which I assume will be a lot different.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

I listed earlier in this thread what needed to be done to in. Doables but so many but all done. . Hats's off to the players and to staff who prepared such a good game plan adding several wrinkles. . Starting Hiltz paid off big time as well as playing Seebold at attack rather than mid and even playing Ferris to give another Quinn gave them a few goals and placing Kennedy at lsm freed him up to transition. Phaup was great on faceoffs and Porter played up. . Felt for Rode, he made some great saves but Cuse was relentless tonight. UVA was sloppy in the clear and weak defensively. Cuse showed why many had them in top four only to trash them after one game.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

you heard it here first.
The IL people and Carc will be insufferable now.

The Lacrosse World Revolves Around Syracuse,
Part Deux
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:34 pm
you heard it here first.
The IL people and Carc will be insufferable now.

The Lacrosse World Revolves Around Syracuse,
Part Deux
A. Now? Carc has been insufferable since the wooden stick days.
B. It's not just Syracuse, it's upstate NY, standing for the creators game. Cuse, Cornell, Bart, Cortland, LeMoyne, OCC, etc. You're a very knowledgeable lacrosse mind 10 so I'm sure you already knew this.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
DMac

Post by DMac »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:44 pm
Henpecked wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:18 pm Virginia 18 Syracuse 9

Won’t be close at any point.
:shock: Well, half right, it wasn’t close at any point!
This is pretty damn funny. Even with a 3,4,5,6 goal lead you're really not ever worried about Virginia's ability to go nuts and put on big run, they've been pretty impressive this year (and last). I was blown away by Cuse's intensity which escalated as the game went on. Hiltz on the ride was phenomenal, the swarming and relentless pressure put on by the Cuse boys was impressive to these eyes, they didn't give anyone a whole lot of time to relax or feel comfortable. Impressive performance all over the field. Porter was terrific, Phaup was terrific...beyond terrific, played an unbelievably tough game. A second meeting between the two in the near future...oh boy.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

DMac wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 pm

This is pretty damn funny. Even with a 3,4,5,6 goal lead you're really not ever worried about Virginia's ability to go nuts and put on big run, they've been pretty impressive this year (and last). I was blown away by Cuse's intensity which escalated as the game went on. Hiltz on the ride was phenomenal, the swarming and relentless pressure put on by the Cuse boys was impressive to these eyes, they didn't give anyone a whole lot of time to relax or feel comfortable. Impressive performance all over the field. Porter was terrific, Phaup was terrific...beyond terrific, played an unbelievably tough game. A second meeting between the two in the near future...oh boy.
I was of course just messing with him but watching the game actually no, once the lead was 3,4,5 I never did see a run coming, this one wasn’t happening for UVA today and that seemed clear pretty early.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

By five minutes into the fourth Virginia quit and it started with the coaches. Cuse went on a huge run and there were no timeouts, no adjustments, nothing. I’m not saying it would have made a difference but at least they could have tried. Cuse was dominant and it was fun to watch, but UVA rolling over was disappointing.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 pm A second meeting between the two in the near future...oh boy.
You''re not kidding.

If I've learned anything from watching almost ever game of this regular season series that started in 1995?

UVa is going to be something to see in the next game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:19 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 pm

I was of course just messing with him but watching the game actually no, once the lead was 3,4,5 I never did see a run coming, this one wasn’t happening for UVA today and that seemed clear pretty early.
I hear ya, but that pretty clearly early part can turn around quickly. 18-18, 466-466 is a game of runs by both teams, it's tough to be comfortable with a few goal lead with these two teams. Cuse beat Va by 10...don't think there's many who would have thought that. I called Cuse's year to win, that's as close as I get.
molo

Post by molo »

Part of game day coaching is reacting to changes in momentum and make adjustments on the fly. Aside from some double poling on the face-offs, I didn’t see many .
DMac

Post by DMac »

a fan wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:43 pm
DMac wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 pm A second meeting between the two in the near future...oh boy.
You''re not kidding.

If I've learned anything from watching almost ever game of this regular season series that started in 1995?

UVa is going to be something to see in the next game.
You know I've been to every one of the meetings of these two when they've played (don't think that's an exaggeration) in the Dome and back even some more years. The meeting between these two is just ridiculous, some of the most incredible and exciting games I've seen. Kinda makes you fear Va will even those numbers back up next time around. :|
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trying to make sense of this...

~ UVA beats Army by 5
~ Army beats Cuse by 7
~ Cuse beats UVA by 10

Was Cuse treating Army like a tune up game, Is UVA's defense nowhere near Army's, or did Cuse just get that damned good with a few more practices this past week?

What are we missing here?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
TruthBeTold

Post by TruthBeTold »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:12 pm I will go with the overhype, kiss of death angle,

the IL / ESPN yahoos are doubling down on their
Syracuse national championship or bust, Syracuse
the center of the lacrosse universe, mistake.

The kiss of death, an IL/ESPN overhype endorsement.

So then, Cavs will handle them handily.
How'd that work out for ya?
DMac

Post by DMac »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:44 am Trying to make sense of this...

~ UVA beats Army by 5
~ Army beats Cuse by 7
~ Cuse beats UVA by 10

Was Cuse treating Army like a tune up game, Is UVA's defense nowhere near Army's, or did Cuse just get that damned good with a few more practices this past week?

What are we missing here?
I think it's undeniable that some teams were more affected by the long layoff than others, no fall ball, pre season scrimmages, etc pretty much has to be taken into consideration. Cuse had a long time to read and hear about how good they were during that period too. The intensity they played with v Virginia was off the charts the way I saw the game, and that includes an impressive D which wasn't on the same level v Army. There were also some changes with middie personnel and attack, hats off to Desko for making changes. The potential is there for Cuse, they might have just needed a little spanking to straighten them out. That was an impressive outing and I'll say again, their toughness blew me away a little. Phaup was like a like a bulldog, even when he didn't win it cleanly, he wasn't letting anyone get out of that area with the ball...big help from the wings too. The attack was relentless on the ride too, made it a long evening for Virginia. Cuse just put it together in this one, good to see (for Cuse fans) they can compete with the big boys.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”