Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu08

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by jhu08 »

Wheels wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:55 pm
jhu08 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:45 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:38 pm next week I'll watch it live, I have cable,
Unless you know something that I don’t, the network for our game next week has yet to be confirmed. And I think there’s a non-zero chance we’re in this same BTN+ boat again.

In which case, you’re either going to have to pay for the game (and have missed this one for no reason), or not watch again.
MD-Hop on BTN+?! If that's the case, shut the whole thing down now! I don't care what B1G basketball games are playing at noon on a Saturday.
Don’t count it out. Basketball is king this time of year. I’m sure BTN would like to find a window for us if they can, but I promise we aren’t the #1 priority.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Should that goal at the end of the half counted? Good thing we have a scorebug and highlights to show us. Not. 06 loves to talk incessantly about how these other Big Ten schools have so much resources poured into sports but this is the second game of the day without any graphics or replay capabilities. If you watched the Hop women yesterday you'd know that "Hop TV" is significantly better than whatever the f*ck we've gotten out of OSU and Mich today.

- Defense does look better than last week but that's not saying much.
- Szuluk looks good
- Epstein is fine
- Narewski good
- Clearing bad
- Delaney too trigger happy in transition. This isn't basketball son
- Zinn has the yips
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:58 pm Should that goal at the end of the half counted? Good thing we have a scorebug and highlights to show us. Not. 06 loves to talk incessantly about how these other Big Ten schools have so much resources poured into sports but this is the second game of the day without any graphics or replay capabilities. If you watched the Hop women yesterday you'd know that "Hop TV" is significantly better than whatever the f*ck we've gotten out of OSU and Mich today.

- Defense does look better than last week but that's not saying much.
- Szuluk looks good
- Epstein is fine
- Narewski good
- Clearing bad
- Delaney too trigger happy in transition. This isn't basketball son
- Zinn has the yips
Narewski is kind of saving our bacon so far this year imo. Maybe our MVP of the first 1.5 games?
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

jhu08 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:55 pm
jhu06 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:38 pm next week I'll watch it live, I have cable,
Unless you know something that I don’t, the network for our game next week has yet to be confirmed. And I think there’s a non-zero chance we’re in this same BTN+ boat again.

In which case, you’re either going to have to pay for the game (and have missed this one for no reason), or not watch again.
MD-Hop on BTN+?! If that's the case, shut the whole thing down now! I don't care what B1G basketball games are playing at noon on a Saturday.
Don’t count it out. Basketball is king this time of year. I’m sure BTN would like to find a window for us if they can, but I promise we aren’t the #1 priority.
If they air Nebraska vs Northwestern in hoops instead of MD-Hop, a pox on the their house!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

hahaha. write your legislator.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu08 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:47 pm
nyjay wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:45 pm 5-4 Hop. We've starting winning f/o's and controlling possession. DeSo looks like he did last week - way, way quicker than the last 3 years. Epstein starting to hit some shots (3G so far, I think), last goal on a nice apple from DeSo. Clearing is a bit of an adventure for both teams. Can't say much about the D, as they haven't played all that much of it since I've been watching. 16 does appear to be getting some runs though. And it looks like 46 is the first choice LSM, but it's really hard to see numbers with only one camera angle.
Deso to attack and Cole to midfield was the first visibly great decision by Milliman as HC.
i'm sweating flashbacks here. smith for williams, but still.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

According to the new documents, covering fiscal years ending June 30:

►The Big Ten brought in $781.5 million, which resulted in payouts of about $55.6 million to each of the 14-team conference’s 12 longest-standing members. Maryland and Rutgers received smaller revenue-share amounts, but both schools also received loans from the conference against future revenue shares.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 414405002/

with athletics investments our big ten peers are like G7 nations at the olympics and we are like kenya at the summer games.
michigan has 6 different departments who have some involvement w/marketing, media, external pr, communications, public engagement and television. Homewood probably doesn't have 6 communications staffers for the entire athletic department.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

So McManus is sitting for Szuluk.

And was that Jaronski with a short stick? Who just drew that push? Looked like 77, but maybe I'm blind.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

7 of 11 goals assisted so far. Good.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Offensive clinic: 6-0 3rd qtr.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:11 pm According to the new documents, covering fiscal years ending June 30:

►The Big Ten brought in $781.5 million, which resulted in payouts of about $55.6 million to each of the 14-team conference’s 12 longest-standing members. Maryland and Rutgers received smaller revenue-share amounts, but both schools also received loans from the conference against future revenue shares.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/c ... 414405002/

with athletics investments our big ten peers are like G7 nations at the olympics and we are like kenya at the summer games.
michigan has 6 different departments who have some involvement w/marketing, media, external pr, communications, public engagement and television. Homewood probably doesn't have 6 communications staffers for the entire athletic department.
Ok then why can't they afford to put the score on the freakin screen?

Szuluk is terrific. Not sure why he didn't play last week.

That was indeed Jaronski in playing SSDM. Haven't seen DiPietro today.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:29 pm
I swear that they did last year. I had BTN+ and particularly remember watching Marquette/Michigan because I was thinking it might be the last game of the season (it was). Same graphics as a normal BTN tv broadcast.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Ohio State and Michigan, but I'm wondering if they can't have as much staff on site as they need because of Big Ten restrictions?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Reminder: be happy we are having any lacrosse at all.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

32 isn't bad from that low left wing
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

Epstein with 6. And Quint basically said last week that he thought Epstein was just okay and overhyped as a freshman.

:lol:
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:42 pm Reminder: be happy we are having any lacrosse at all.
I am beyond thrilled. And even more happy that we are going to win a game.

Feeling #blessed as the kids would say these days.
Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Epstein open AGAIN: 6 goals.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

jhu08 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:35 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:29 pm
I swear that they did last year. I had BTN+ and particularly remember watching Marquette/Michigan because I was thinking it might be the last game of the season (it was). Same graphics as a normal BTN tv broadcast.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Ohio State and Michigan, but I'm wondering if they can't have as much staff on site as they need because of Big Ten restrictions?
16 I learn more from you than I do the Hopkins Sports website or the ghosts of ed lee and mike preston. Dixon and company who did not do the game but are involved w/btn are on social media as are qk and carc, their dms are open and they're pretty plugged in and responsive if you have thoughts and ideas.

qk said on his pod he doesn't think 32 gets involved enough. I rewatched the harrison princeton 02 debut last summer and quint spent the broadcast gushing over the 05ers like erwin et al. If we're good, he'll play happy tunes unless he wants to troll us which he also might do.

hopkins mens lax ig has some of the video and that's embarassing from michigans end after all the $ they put into starting the program and esp w/out fans in the stands.

Feels really weird to be thinking about maryland w/snow on the ground. oh well.
Last edited by jhu06 on Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

For those wondering where Jaronski was, he made an appearance at SSDM in mop up time.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Haven't dug deep into the stats but:

- Epstein good
- DeSo good
- Angelus good
- Keogh good
- Szuluk good
- Reinson good
- Delaney way better, must have had 5-6 GBs at least
- Shorties better but still terrifying to watch
- Narewski first half good, second half bad
- Clearing no bueno

Congrats to Grimes on goal #1 and Milliman on win #1.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”