2021 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

D1 Womens Lacrosse
JoeMauer89

Re: 2021 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

Post by JoeMauer89 »

Cletus wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:12 pm 3-0 Hop over Cats. Upset in the fledgling stage?
I just think its more of a slow start by the Cats...

Joe
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Lady Trojans awake now. Trail 6 to 4 with eight minutes left in the first half.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:17 pm Lady Trojans awake now. Trail 6 to 4 with eight minutes left in the first half.
That catch and BTB shot and goal by North was a beautiful thing to see.

https://twitter.com/BCwlax/status/1365366679690113027
Last edited by seacoaster on Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Northwestern defense is so poor. I assume that they will win this game, but at this rate they'll do it by scoring 24, not by holding anyone under 10.

Why do the JHU players not swing the ball on the clear? Three or four times now, running along the sideline into a double, with the sideline hemming them in.

Did it again; turnover, and goal for NU. 11-6 now, with 3:00 to go in the half.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:15 pm
Cletus wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:12 pm 3-0 Hop over Cats. Upset in the fledgling stage?
I just think its more of a slow start by the Cats...

Joe
Nailed that one Joe
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Hopkins clears like a high school team.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Speaking of slow starts by the Cats. Nova's got to win a draw.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, gettin' late mighty early in this one, Owls up 6-0 seven minutes in and dominating in every phase of the game.
Nova's gotta get possession of the ball and get it to the cage, not much luck with that so far.
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:32 pm Northwestern defense is so poor. I assume that they will win this game, but at this rate they'll do it by scoring 24, not by holding anyone under 10.

Why do the JHU players not swing the ball on the clear? Three or four times now, running along the sideline into a double, with the sideline hemming them in.

JHU fell off a cliff. NU didn’t play well and still won by 9. Agree with your general point, but they did hold both opponents under 9...not to quibble.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:41 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:32 pm Northwestern defense is so poor. I assume that they will win this game, but at this rate they'll do it by scoring 24, not by holding anyone under 10.

JHU fell off a cliff. NU didn’t play well and still won by 9. Agree with your general point, but they did hold both opponents under 9...not to quibble.
No worries; we are here to quibble. I just thought JHU gave away a ton of possessions, and against a team like NU, that's just a death blow.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

DMac wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:25 pm Wow, gettin' late mighty early in this one, Owls up 6-0 seven minutes in and dominating in every phase of the game.
Nova's gotta get possession of the ball and get it to the cage, not much luck with that so far.
12-0, running clock, still 7 mins left 1st half. Not sure why nova keeps pulling starting goalie, did it in 1st game as well, she was on pre-season all league team I think.

nova needs a reset, doesn't look good at all and offense is now taking desperate shots and not setting up play
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:52 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:25 pm Wow, gettin' late mighty early in this one, Owls up 6-0 seven minutes in and dominating in every phase of the game.
12-0, running clock, still 7 mins left 1st half. Not sure why nova keeps pulling starting goalie, did it in 1st game as well, she was on pre-season all league team I think.

nova needs a reset, doesn't look good at all and offense is now taking desperate shots and not setting up play
Nova is still missing some key starters on offense and defense. Just didn't show up ready to play today. I can tell you the coaches are not going to be happy with this effort. They will have to put it behind them. I am not sure what the HC is trying to do with the GK's, they are not getting a lot of help from the close D AT ALL.

Joe
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:29 pm

Nova is still missing some key starters on offense and defense. Just didn't show up ready to play today. I can tell you the coaches are not going to be happy with this effort. They will have to put it behind them. I am not sure what the HC is trying to do with the GK's, they are not getting a lot of help from the close D AT ALL.

Joe
Just one of those days when nothing went right. Your sister and Coach Young are going to have to think long and hard about how to respond, but tomorrow is another day, and there are still plenty of games to play.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:49 pm

Joe
Just one of those days when nothing went right. Your sister and Coach Young are going to have to think long and hard about how to respond, but tomorrow is another day, and there are still plenty of games to play.
guessing those kids are going to run, a lot, tomorrow.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

8meterPA wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:50 pm

Joe
And I know just who is going to make them do it! :lol: :lol:
Without even talking to her, I can assure she is NOT happy!

Joe
Bart

Post by Bart »

Joe
Never understood this philosophy. To me it's like rubbing a puppies nose in turd when you are trying to house train it. You may think you are accomplishing something but in the end you are not, imo. The team knows they played like a$$ the question for the staff is why. You run for purpose and in general, for me, punishment is not a purpose, unless you are trying to generate resentment. Perhaps this stems from playing for a coach who thought this way.
LaxGuy17

Post by LaxGuy17 »

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Bart wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Joe
Never understood this philosophy. To me it's like rubbing a puppies nose in turd when you are trying to house train it. You may think you are accomplishing something but in the end you are not, imo. The team knows they played like a$$ the question for the staff is why. You run for purpose and in general, for me, punishment is not a purpose, unless you are trying to generate resentment. Perhaps this stems from playing for a coach who thought this way.
I have never been able to identify a clear upside to this sort of punitive measure. I would make the kids play 7v7 until they collapse. I'd have a draw competition until everyone is ruined. I'd clear and redefend for an hour. But tonight, I think I'd get on the bus and look at everyone and say, "There is nothing to say. Go home, get a good meal, study a little, and be ready to recommit yourselves tomorrow. We embarrassed ourselves across town, in Philadelphia, and it's on all of us."
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

LaxGuy17 wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Yes?
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:12 pm
Bart wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:06 pm

Joe
I have never been able to identify a clear upside to this sort of punitive measure. I would make the kids play 7v7 until they collapse. I'd have a draw competition until everyone is ruined. I'd clear and redefend for an hour. But tonight, I think I'd get on the bus and look at everyone and say, "There is nothing to say. Go home, get a good meal, study a little, and be ready to recommit yourselves tomorrow. We embarrassed ourselves across town, in Philadelphia, and it's on all of us."
what would Bobby Knight do?
Last edited by 8meterPA on Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”