Sacred Heart vs LIU 24 February 3:00PM

D1 Mens Lacrosse
faircornell

Sacred Heart vs LIU 24 February 3:00PM

Post by faircornell »

While I realize that this game might have little broad based interest, it could be quite competitive. Sacred Heart was 1-5 in 2020, with a tough schedule, losing to Brown, Bucknell, UMBC and Stony Brook in a one goal game. LIU was 1-6 last season, with an easier schedule. Both teams have goal tending around 50%. Sacred Heart has losses to Stony Brook and Hofstra this year. In my view, last year, LIU was playing below their potential. It will be interesting to see how the game turns out, and could be a fun game to watch.
10stone5

Re: Sacred Heart vs LIU 24 February 3:00PM

Post by 10stone5 »

NEC games are always worthwhile, I believe.

Sacred Heart looked like they picked things up on
the defensive side their last game, until Hofstra
decided to ramp things up towards the end of the game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’ve always thought that the merger of post and LIU had potential to create a strong mid tier program in the range of a Drexel, StonyBrook, Bryant, Richmond level combining the D2 tradition of Post w LIU. But I don’t really know much about the school(s) to underwrite this notion.

I still think SHU has yet to find an offense post Saggese/Tuttle. Goalie play has been inconsistent a while think Dutton is still there? We will see if Basti can maintain or build on that 2019 momentum without Myashita (sp?), whom I still expect to build Canisius into a annual top 2 MAAC program. Believe he was instrumental in recruiting Tuttle (and some of their other better players).

Frankly, I’ll watch transgender dwarf amputee lacrosse if I can get it on tv right now.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
bkad95

Post by bkad95 »

Is this game being streamed.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

bkad95 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:18 am Is this game being streamed.
It should be live on NEC Front Row at the below link (unless something changes between now and then):

http://necfrontrow.com/game/7773
bkad95

Post by bkad95 »

Thank you. so, gotta have fun with predictions.

I am a long island guy, so I am going to go with LIU since I know them better being. I do think the coach needs to make some hard decisions to sit certain kids that they seemed hell bent on playing last year that had been there a while. There are a couple of younger players that would probably be more productive and will get them experience to make more noise in the next 2 years or so.

I don't know as much about Sacred Heart except that I just don't think their offense is real good. But LIU defense is not great either, although they do have a good goalie.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

I've only been able to catch bits and pieces on my phone while at work, but it looks like a good competitive game so far.

The fight for the last conference tournament spot in the NEC this year might be a fun one.
bkad95

Post by bkad95 »

Well, good win by Sacred Heart, but it was pretty ugly. If your LIU, you gotta be scratching your head. You win almost every faceoff and your goalie makes a ton of saves, and you still lose by 2 to a not so great team. this is pretty similar to last years handful of games for LIU though. Get down big early and then come real close to coming back, but just can't do it. Way too many turnovers for both teams.

Unfortunately I don't think the conference is very strong right now. You have a couple of good teams at the top, and then it drops off dramatically.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

bkad95 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:07 pm Unfortunately I don't think the conference is very strong right now. You have a couple of good teams at the top, and then it drops off dramatically.
NEC is definitely not the conference that I know the most about, but who would you say the most likely 4 for the conference tourney this year are?

I’d probably have Hobart, MSM, Bryant, and St Joe’s as my 4 in some order, but I don’t feel like some of the others are all that far away.

MSM and St Joe’s have looked somewhat vulnerable at times already this season.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”