D1 Mens Lacrosse
wgdsr

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:51 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:45 pm
flalax22 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:29 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am don't throw that coach under the bus. watch out, move over, while i throw this one...
+1
If either of you have a problem with that, take it up with Coach Pietramala and let him know what you think about what he said.

DocBarrister 8-)
yea, i'm sure you didn't take that out of context. got the full quote, before and after?
Have you even viewed the recent interview video with Petro?

There’s a link to it on this thread. Watch it ... Petro clearly states that one thing he would do differently is have a defensive coordinator. He also states that Dwan “was also along for the ride.”

I’m sure Petro remains good friends with Dwan, but those statements aren’t exactly a ringing endorsement of his former associate head coach.

So ... please stop doing your usual thing, which is posting before you do your homework, and watch the video interview.

DocBarrister :roll:
no. i asked you to print out for everyone to see the context of "along for the ride". print out the context. before and after. coming from you.

i haven't seen it, whatever it is. but i have a feeling i know what it says. and what it says about you.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:08 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:54 am don't throw that coach under the bus. watch out, move over, while i throw this one...
+1
If either of you have a problem with that, take it up with Coach Pietramala and let him know what you think about what he said.

DocBarrister 8-)
yea, i'm sure you didn't take that out of context. got the full quote, before and after?

There’s a link to it on this thread. Watch it ... Petro clearly states that one thing he would do differently is have a defensive coordinator. He also states that Dwan “was also along for the ride.”

I’m sure Petro remains good friends with Dwan, but those statements aren’t exactly a ringing endorsement of his former associate head coach.

So ... please stop doing your usual thing, which is posting before you do your homework, and watch the video interview.

no. i asked you to print out for everyone to see the context of "along for the ride". print out the context. before and after. coming from you.

i haven't seen it, whatever it is. but i have a feeling i know what it says. and what it says about you.
In the politics thread, I had to teach you basic public health.

I am not going to indulge your painfully obvious laziness by summarizing a video for you.

(1) Find the video link on this thread;

(2) Inform yourself by actually watching the video; and

(3) THEN post something on this thread.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:13 pm
+1

DocBarrister 8-)

I am not going to indulge your painfully obvious laziness by summarizing a video for you.

ahhh. i remember that schtick. and we still got mers crushed by immunity, right? or was that sars?

pretty easy to call your response.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:15 pm
+1

DocBarrister 8-)

ahhh. i remember that schtick. and we still got mers cruched by immunity, right? or was that sars.

Now I understand how your frustrated elementary school teachers must have felt. :roll:

Let’s continue this conversation after you have watched the video and learned something. You can’t crib off of others all your life.

@DocBarrister
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:20 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:15 pm
+1

DocBarrister 8-)

ahhh. i remember that schtick. and we still got mers cruched by immunity, right? or was that sars.

Now I understand how your frustrated elementary school teachers must have felt. :roll:

Let’s continue this conversation after you have watched the video and learned something. You can’t crib off of others all your life.

just listened to it. surprised you call yourself a hopkins fan. and i don't surprise easily in 2020-21.
sad, really.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I'm not getting into all of that, going to do the Youthathletics popcorn thing with the creepy wayans brother here. However, you surely recall Doc declaring the transformative class and his "this is the year we crush everyone" routine on LP for, like, a decade? He's a fanatic of Hop for sure. Probably one of the more optimistic ones of all the fans on this thread. 06 wants to MAGA the college back to when there were Kegs on the sidelines, girls consuming roofies was mandatory and Hopkins won many of the titles they currently claim beyond the 3 in 35 years of late. (don't hear the 44 number as much these days given that 35 of them were won before 1970 in the pre NCAA era given that you'd have to be at least 55yrs old to recall a pre NCAA one, easier to do in 2007 or 2010)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

It was a live interview for the better part of an hour. I had the same reaction ... surely upon reflection he did not intend to have it sound that way. Usually a coach can repeat platitudes in response to a couple of questions on the way to the locker room (and I thought he faced some tough questions), but I bet he would like to have that one back.

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:44 pm I'm not getting into all of that, going to do the Youthathletics popcorn thing with the creepy wayans brother here. However, you surely recall Doc declaring the transformative class and his "this is the year we crush everyone" routine on LP for, like, a decade? He's a fanatic of Hop for sure. Probably one of the more optimistic ones of all the fans on this thread. 06 wants to MAGA the college back to when there were Kegs on the sidelines, girls consuming roofies was mandatory and Hopkins won many of the titles they currently claim beyond the 3 in 35 years of late. (don't hear the 44 number as much these days given that 35 of them were won before 1970 in the pre NCAA era given that you'd have to be at least 55yrs old to recall a pre NCAA one, easier to do in 2007 or 2010)
-IL gave the covers to Greeley and Shack's group. Sometimes a kid or class has a Felipe Lopez career sometimes he's LeBron. Not the fans or journalists fault.
-Geneva if I wanted that kind of a school I wouldn't have chosen Hopkins. What I was referring to was the criticisms leveled here about the program.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Season has started, and we’ve had our first non-06-16 pissing match!

In this corner, ding ding, mr lowercase.

And in the opposite corner, ding ding, you guessed it, the one and only DBar, who is coming up on his 15th anniversary of defending Nifong to the max.

Let’s get ready to RUMBLE!!!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

This really stood out to me, not cool in my book: https://imgur.com/YQuJBfN
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
genghiskhanbluejay

Post by genghiskhanbluejay »

[/qoute]
(as I said being the OC at Hopkins for decade and not really sniffing a HC job tells you all you need to know what other schools felt about Benson).
[/quote]

That tells us nothing and years spent as an assistant and still not a D1 head coach is a worthless barometer to judge an assistants performance or capability. The first 3 coaches I looked up all spent over a decade as assistants, Charley Toomey spent 16 years as an assistant, Tillman was an assistant for 15 years, the current Hopkins coach spent 11 years as an assistant.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Truth. Tills knows the game and talent. The problem when everything is the fault of the coach or the assistant coach or the strength coach you run into a conundrum sooner or later. I don’t know how it will work out but Tills knows what he is doing
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:41 pm It was a live interview for the better part of an hour. I had the same reaction ... surely upon reflection he did not intend to have it sound that way. Usually a coach can repeat platitudes in response to a couple of questions on the way to the locker room (and I thought he faced some tough questions), but I bet he would like to have that one back.

:D
Probably right...It may have actually been an honest slip, though.
But he'd very likely want to have not said it out loud.
I do think he meant the part that he shouldn't have been so hands on himself (and shouldn't have felt the need to do so).

On Benson, as to "lax mind", I've heard more than one person also call him "dumb as a rock", which of course isn't the same thing...IMO, he was a quite uncanny player himself, definitely a 'lax mind' when on the field; indeed I thought that was far more important to his personal success on the field than his athleticism... But I think the lax community's issue re head coaching was not whether he knew offensive sets, studied the game etc (undoubtedly did and does), but rather whether he had the stuff to effectively lead a program. The latter is the difference between being 'considered' and 'in the hunt' and actually being the top choice. Right or wrong I think there was a rap that said no.

It'll be interesting to see where his career takes him...I don't see him long term at UMD. It would be interesting to see him get a HC gig and have a chance to prove the naysayers were wrong.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 am Season has started, and we’ve had our first non-06-16 pissing match!
If you don't like our "pissing matches" (which I'm pretty sure is just me correcting blatant misinformation, but I digress), then you're free to smash that mute button, baby.

Game this weekend is at 1pm on Big Ten Network Plus: https://www.btnplus.com/game/johns-hopk ... n-02272021

Reminder: You do NOT automatically get BTN+ if you get regular BTN on TV. This is a separate streaming subscription.

You can sign up for a monthly pass for $15 and then cancel it after the game, but given we might have more games this season on the service you might want to keep it around until May. Alternatively, you can buy a "lacrosse only" subscription for $40 per year, and that'd give you access to all Big Ten men's and women's lax games this season (the ones that aren't on ESPN, anyway).
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:26 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:20 am Season has started, and we’ve had our first non-06-16 pissing match!
If you don't like our "pissing matches" (which I'm pretty sure is just me correcting blatant misinformation, but I digress), then you're free to smash that mute button, baby.

Game this weekend is at 1pm on Big Ten Network Plus: https://www.btnplus.com/game/johns-hopk ... n-02272021

Reminder: You do NOT automatically get BTN+ if you have a regular BTN access on TV. This is a separate subscription.

You can sign up for a monthly pass for $15 and then cancel it after the game, but given we might have more games this season on the service you might want to keep it around until May. Alternatively, you can buy a "lacrosse only" subscription for $40 per year, and that'd give you access to all Big Ten men's and women's lax games this season.
ahhh, gotta admit wombat's crack was funny, right? ;)
At least he didn't have a picture of a cat peeing
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:01 am This really stood out to me, not cool in my book: https://imgur.com/YQuJBfN
What am I missing here?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:38 am
youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:01 am This really stood out to me, not cool in my book: https://imgur.com/YQuJBfN
What am I missing here?
my screen is black...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

4 or 5 stars
Last edited by runrussellrun on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:41 am
flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:38 am
What am I missing here?
my screen is black...
as your heart ;)

dude playing fun.........

....but scroll away. Love the worm cartoon.
I don't see any worm....scroll?
I get a little flash when I link then black...
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

the picture is dipietro or schilling who foy said is fine based on what he saw at the game of the treatment he got.

I happen to really really like 16. only person I ever had an issue with was mary pat clarke who believed that Hopkins was her personal cash cow convent bringing hundreds of millions of dollars to her ward where students deserved Baltimore PD fatwas and gitmo deportations if they did not behave like nuns.

Nifong was a personal favorite district attorney of mine, but his stuff overshadowed my second favorite duke lacrosse scandal which was the girl who posted her powerpoint of sexual conquests to deadspin. When I was at Hopkins one student social organization hired female entertainers one night where there was a blizzard and lets just say it went deep into extra innings.

too bad the new rules hurt prouty, he warriored for us.

this weekend I'm watching
-defensive improvements and personnel changes from last week
-wing play on faceoffs
-offensive cohesion
-shooting

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”