Limbaugh passed away

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Matnum PI

Re: Limbaugh passed away

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 am A lot may be explained by recognizing which posters excused Rush's behavior, heck thought he was someone to be admired and respected, who deny that he was a racist....big part of the country is in that camp.
it's true. But when Trump, as an example, says, I'm the least racist person in this room (and he means it), it's hard not to say, Are you sure?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:31 amHow much of your money have you donated to help cure childhood cancer?
I know a guy who's a slumlord. Makes tens, if not hundreds, of millions. Has gone to court more than once and was forced to pay out millions to the people he victimizes. (For the record, the victims are poor. They only get their money back when not-for-profits help them to get their money back, which is not often. It's a horrible situation. The epitome of the strong preying on the weak.) And, for obvious reasons, he's still very wealthy. And, with this wealth, he donates to innumerable community entities, orgs, schools, etc.. More than once, I've seen his face on the cover a fundraising dinner or whatever. I obviously understand why a school or whatever does what they do. They need money and... To each their own. but do you really think this person is a good person? Because he gives a relatively small percentage of his wealth away? even though you know how he made his money? No one is purely good or purely bad but... Would you go out of your way to call this person good?
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:35 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 am A lot may be explained by recognizing which posters excused Rush's behavior, heck thought he was someone to be admired and respected, who deny that he was a racist....big part of the country is in that camp.
it's true. But when Trump, as an example, says, I'm the least racist person in this room (and he means it), it's hard not to say, Are you sure?
Some are quite 'triggered' by any challenge.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Taking this to the extreme to prove a point....

Hitler’s military machine created 100s of 1000s of jobs for Germans in the 1930s and early 40s. What a great guy.

Limbaugh was an incendiary scumbag who helped polarize politics.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:48 am Some are quite 'triggered' by any challenge.
for me, it's not the challenge but the lie. much like a joke is an A, B, C, Q, a quick change in direction, and... you laugh. I have the same reaction when Trump (or otherwise) says, I'm the least racist person in this room. after you've heard this same "joke" 100 times, it's easier to not be triggered. but... you get the idea. I still react and consciously need to not be triggered. the lie bothers me. lies bother me.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:31 am
judge others lest not ye be judged yourself. How much of your money have you donated to help cure childhood cancer? Are you into the 10s of millions of dollars yet? That racist pig has probably help save the lives of countless children of all colors and nationalities. When it comes to compassion and actually putting your money where your mouth is Mr Snitch. So TELL us what YOU have done to save the lives of children stricken with cancer? I admire and respect Mr Limbaugh not because I am in any camp. He has supported a cause with his own money to help save children. So how many millions have you dug out of your own pocket to help children be cured from their cancer? If Limbaugh was the racist you portray him to be we sure could use more racists like that. What are our other options? Pathetic, whining little republican snitches like you? I hope i am not "bullying" you. I would never want to hurt your sensitive little feelings. :roll:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/rush-lim ... usin-rusby

So Rush Limbaugh raised over 50 million dollars there MD to help cure childhood cancer. Millions of that was his own money. i bet the money continues on after his death. You willing to share with us how much of YOUR hard earned money you donate to people in need? Or do you just judge other people you dislike from the ivory tower of FLP republican idealism you squat upon and pass judgement from?
Buddy, The Clinton Foundation has done far more good.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:01 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:48 am Some are quite 'triggered' by any challenge.
for me, it's not the challenge but the lie. much like a joke is an A, B, C, Q, a quick change in direction, and... you laugh. I have the same reaction when Trump (or otherwise) says, I'm the least racist person in this room. after you've heard this same "joke" 100 times, it's easier to not be triggered. but... you get the idea. I still react and consciously need to not be triggered. the lie bothers me. lies bother me.
sorry, I was actually referring to another poster on FL (several actually) who are quite 'triggered' by any challenge to the lie, any challenge to their 'hero'. 'Snowflakes' in reality, the instinct is to attack other posters insultingly.

In this case, the 'hero' being Limbaugh.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:59 am Hitler’s military machine created 100s of 1000s of jobs for Germans in the 1930s and early 40s. What a great guy.
and even though one could say, Yes but he systematically murdered millions of people! someone else could say, Ugh, you're just focusing on the negative! and they'd be right. for all humans, there's good and bad. john Wayne Gacy did lots of good for his community including local volunteer political stuff and being a silly clown at kids' birthday parties, and, for real, he was great. well, except for the raping and murdering 10 year-old boys and then burying them in his basement. that part wasn't so good. *All* humans do good and do bad. and to only focus on one is disingenuous, dishonest. so we look at both and make a personal judgment call. (Yes, i judge people. Living and dead. That's how I'm able to tell my children to stay away from rapey, murderous people.) for me, the judgment isn't even close for Limbaugh. There's no amount of $ that he could give to research child cancer that could bribe me. this coupled with remorse for his actions would be *very* different. But just $ to a charity which, for the record, is a tax write-off... I'm not that easily bribed, not that easily fooled. Limbaugh was *not* a good person.
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:11 am
SCLaxAttack wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:59 am Hitler’s military machine created 100s of 1000s of jobs for Germans in the 1930s and early 40s. What a great guy.
and even though one could say, Yes but he systematically murdered millions of people! someone else could say, Ugh, you're just focusing on the negative! and they'd be right. for all humans, there's good and bad. john Wayne Gacy did lots of good for his community including local volunteer political stuff and being a silly clown at kids' birthday parties, and, for real, he was great. well, except for the raping and murdering 10 year-old boys and then burying them in his basement. that part wasn't so good. *All* humans do good and do bad. and to only focus on one is disingenuous, dishonest. so we look at both and make a personal judgment call. (Yes, i judge people. Living and dead. That's how I'm able to tell my children to stay away from rapey, murderous people.) for me, the judgment isn't even close for Limbaugh. There's no amount of $ that he could give to research child cancer that could bribe me. this coupled with remorse for his actions would be *very* different. But just $ to a charity which, for the record, is a tax write-off... I'm not that easily bribed, not that easily fooled. Limbaugh was *not* a good person.
But he was VERY good at PR.
PR designed to drive ever higher audience appeal and engagement and influence...bottomline, the PR was to drive his personal income.

I'm not at all persuaded that he cared about the issues to which he donated beyond the value to his own income.

Not unlike Q and stopping the global cabal preying on children (after all, who isn't alarmed and upset about child abuse!!!). It attracts eyeballs, interest, and plucks at people's heart strings, manipulates their emotions...but what's the real objective?
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Rush Limbaugh Wasn’t Funny

It is, in a way, all Rush Limbaugh’s fault. The talk radio host, who died Wednesday at 70, was the pioneer and possessing spirit of America’s intellectually bankrupt right-wing media ecosystem. For decades now, conservative outlets modeled in Limbaugh’s image have degraded the public sphere while enriching their most avid participants. Limbaugh showed moguls and entrepreneurs that the way to succeed in media was to abandon factual argument and ceaselessly repeat an ever-growing list of inane smears and theories about the left. These tactics made Limbaugh a wealthy man—and America all the poorer for his long-looming presence.

Limbaugh did not invent modern conservatism, but he hatched the dominant way of selling it: by harnessing operatic illogic and cruelty into a tribal bonding mechanism. From 1988 to 2021, on radio stations everywhere, Limbaugh spewed paleoconservative cant and nonsense, unfalsifiable antediluvian theories rooted in a relentless mockery and vilification of the other. He was forever warning his listeners of the homegrown pinko threat posed by liberals, intellectuals, journalists, environmentalists, feminists, and the sorts of suspicious souls who got their news from credible sources rather than shows like his.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:22 am Limbaugh did not invent modern conservatism, but he hatched the dominant way of selling it: by harnessing operatic illogic and cruelty into a tribal bonding mechanism. From 1988 to 2021, on radio stations everywhere, Limbaugh spewed paleoconservative cant and nonsense, unfalsifiable antediluvian theories rooted in a relentless mockery and vilification of the other. He was forever warning his listeners of the homegrown pinko threat posed by liberals, intellectuals, journalists, environmentalists, feminists, and the sorts of suspicious souls who got their news from credible sources rather than shows like his.[/i]
Been saying it for years. Imagine how glorious the American Conservative movement would be if Limbaugh had chosen a different format for his show

Instead of spending all his time on "the libs are bad"? He could have banned the word "Dem" or "Lib" from his airwaves, and spent his entire time discussing the positives of Conservative theories of Governance, and touting Conservative laws and Conservative candidates. Picture that.

He would have left America in a better place than he arrived. What did he do instead? He peddled fear, xenophobia, and hate of "the other". He's the center of the destruction of the Republican party. Tin foil hats over reasonable spending, and paying America's bills on time.

Sad.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:37 am
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:22 am Limbaugh did not invent modern conservatism, but he hatched the dominant way of selling it: by harnessing operatic illogic and cruelty into a tribal bonding mechanism. From 1988 to 2021, on radio stations everywhere, Limbaugh spewed paleoconservative cant and nonsense, unfalsifiable antediluvian theories rooted in a relentless mockery and vilification of the other. He was forever warning his listeners of the homegrown pinko threat posed by liberals, intellectuals, journalists, environmentalists, feminists, and the sorts of suspicious souls who got their news from credible sources rather than shows like his.[/i]
Been saying it for years. Imagine how glorious the American Conservative movement would be if Limbaugh had chosen a different format for his show

Instead of spending all his time on "the libs are bad"? He could have banned the word "Dem" or "Lib" from his airwaves, and spent his entire time discussing the positives of Conservative theories of Governance, and touting Conservative laws and Conservative candidates. Picture that.

He would have left America in a better place than he arrived. What did he do instead? He peddled fear, xenophobia, and hate of "the other". He's the center of the destruction of the Republican party. Tin foil hats over reasonable spending, and paying America's bills on time.

Sad.
I first started listening to Limbaugh when I spent many hours driving to service calls in the 90s. I was not as much enamored with Rush as I was with the parodys of Democrat leaders of the 1990s that he lambasted with no mercy. I always looked at his show as humor and opinion and nothing else. He was the only person telling America as to what a despicable, disgusting, revolting human being Ted Kennedy was. In the 1990s that degenerate scumbag was the undeniable poppa bear of the Democrat party. Without Rush would any of us even know what a " waitress sandwich " was. Where do you draw draw your line for people you would trust. If you have an 18 year old daughter a Fan and you had to choose between Limbaugh and Bill Clinton to be her chaperone to the senior prom.. who would you choose?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Sad.
I first started listening to Limbaugh when I spent many hours driving to service calls in the 90s. I was not as much enamored with Rush as I was with the parodys of Democrat leaders of the 1990s that he lambasted with no mercy. I always looked at his show as humor and opinion and nothing else. He was the only person telling America as to what a despicable, disgusting, revolting human being Ted Kennedy was. In the 1990s that degenerate scumbag was the undeniable poppa bear of the Democrat party. Without Rush would any of us even know what a " waitress sandwich " was. Where do you draw draw your line for people you would trust. If you have an 18 year old daughter a Fan and you had to choose between Limbaugh and Bill Clinton to be her chaperone to the senior prom.. who would you choose?
Target audience
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Sad.
:lol: Right. His daily radio show would have been as popular with the proletariat as William Buckley's Firing Line.
Advertisers would have flocked to AM radio.

You win today's ggaslamp award.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:21 pm :lol: Right. His daily radio show would have been as popular with the proletariat as William Buckley's Firing Line.
Yep. He got paid to burn conservative America to the ground. And he replaced it with the dumbest generation of tinfoil hat morons that America has ever produced. A generation of Americans who are 100% dependent on big Federal government to keep the lights on....yet are convinced that they're independent. And 2020 Republicans wouldn't know what a conservative value was if it fell on them. Hence: Trumpism.

Happy with this awesome outcome, are ya? Okay.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:48 am
And some cannot ever admit they are wrong, the world works both ways! :lol: :lol:

Joe
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:39 pm
And some cannot ever admit they are wrong, the world works both ways! :lol: :lol:

Joe
took this online class while in the pen....having trouble thinking I wasn't shafted like Trump U ran this "money maker", but here we are.

what class did you take, Joe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwseDTKj9Hw
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:48 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:39 pm

Joe
took this online class while in the pen....having trouble thinking I wasn't shafted like Trump U ran this "money maker", but here we are.

what class did you take, Joe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwseDTKj9Hw
Knitting 101, it was terrible!!

Joe
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:39 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:21 pm :lol: Right. His daily radio show would have been as popular with the proletariat as William Buckley's Firing Line.
Yep. He got paid to burn conservative America to the ground. And he replaced it with the dumbest generation of tinfoil hat morons that America has ever produced. A generation of Americans who are 100% dependent on big Federal government to keep the lights on....yet are convinced that they're independent. And 2020 Republicans wouldn't know what a conservative value was if it fell on them. Hence: Trumpism.

Happy with this awesome outcome, are ya? Okay.
:roll: Conservatives should have stuck with the Lincoln Project boyz.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:55 pm :roll: Conservatives should have stuck with the Lincoln Project boyz.
If you actually wanted Conservative Policies moving the country forward instead of 20 years of "hey, let's stick it to the libs on twitter"?

Yep. I find it telling that you think that a conservative group that dares to point out that Trump's policies weren't conservative.... is bad.

How are Trump's voters doing OS? Four years, and not a single police that helped them in any meaningful sense. They're economically drowning, and you know it. Rush is an ENORMOUS part of the reason why.

But sure. Go ahead and double down and ignore that, while all my "coastal elite" lib friends that Rush mocked so much take increasingly expensive vacations every year. TrumpVoters are going to continue to get played, while the Ted Cruz's of the GOP take vacations to Mexico during a national emergency in the State he represents.

Return to “POLITICS”