Limbaugh passed away

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: Limbaugh passed away

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:18 pm I can say as often as I listened to him debate with callers that disagreed with him, I never heard him get angry and belittle anyone.
Get the pic but I could just as easily infer that she caught an unexpected turtle head in her bloomers there.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:20 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:09 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm Where was the hard line against his drug addiction. If he were a black teenager and consistent with Clayton bigsby he would’ve voluntarily committed himself to life in prison for illegal prescription drug use and conspiracy to comm it a felony.
He admitted his drug use on the air. That doesn't excuse it. That is the reason my doctor took me off oxycodone when I had my broken ribs. People easily become so addicted to the chit. I chose heavy duty anti inflammatory medicines. The correct question is why do so many doctors prescribe this chit to patients in the first place? This chit does not descriminate now does it? Rich or poor it will get you hooked.
If you know the history you’d know he broke numerous laws in obtaining the drug over a period of time and colluded with doctors. It’s not as simple as “that poor man, the Sackler family ruined his life” here, he argued for three strikes and other harsher than reasonable penalties for weed and other drugs, clearly an assault on minorities.

Getting prescription drugs, even with pill mill doc in a boxes everywhere, is more of a planned process than buying street drugs so while I can have empathy for addiction, he still has to answer for his duplicity, illegal behavior Etc and he never showed any remorse for his positions with regard to others which makes it a million times worse. IMO he acknowledged it to play the media game not because he felt it was a right/wrong morality play but rather strategic to play the people who would buy what he’s selling.
So that makes him just like so many other millions of drug addicts rich and poor. They will do whatever they have to do to get their drugs.
Poor drug addicts people don’t have a platform to push tough drug policies against poor drug addicts (let alone rich).
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 pm How do proclaim him to be a bigot? His screen caller for all of those years was a black man. You think he would have done so for a bigot?
His screen caller was a black man who worked with him from day one. He knew the man better than anyone one on this forum ever could. If you want to call him a liar I wonder if you would have the balls to say it to his face? Was he the wrong shade of black for the FLP folks on this forum?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 pm How do proclaim him to be a bigot? His screen caller for all of those years was a black man. You think he would have done so for a bigot?
"Slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back, I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

A "halfrican American," describing President Obama.

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

“Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.”

The guy was a completely destructive piece of sh*t. He never did a single constructive thing with his life and pulpit. I'd pay to watch him scald his backside over a pool of burning brimstone.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Oh, forgot:

https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/sta ... 2457943041

And of course this puts the seal of approval on his timely exit from the living:

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/sta ... 8361206784
Last edited by seacoaster on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:P I
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:28 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm Where was the hard line against his drug addiction. If he were a black teenager and consistent with Clayton bigsby he would’ve voluntarily committed himself to life in prison for illegal prescription drug use and conspiracy to comm it a felony.
He admitted his drug use on the air. That doesn't excuse it. That is the reason my doctor took me off oxycodone when I had my broken ribs. People easily become so addicted to the chit. I chose heavy duty anti inflammatory medicines. The correct question is why do so many doctors prescribe this chit to patients in the first place? This chit does not descriminate now does it? Rich or poor it will get you hooked.
If you know the history you’d know he broke numerous laws in obtaining the drug over a period of time and colluded with doctors. It’s not as simple as “that poor man, the Sackler family ruined his life” here, he argued for three strikes and other harsher than reasonable penalties for weed and other drugs, clearly an assault on minorities.

Getting prescription drugs, even with pill mill doc in a boxes everywhere, is more of a planned process than buying street drugs so while I can have empathy for addiction, he still has to answer for his duplicity, illegal behavior Etc and he never showed any remorse for his positions with regard to others which makes it a million times worse. IMO he acknowledged it to play the media game not because he felt it was a right/wrong morality play but rather strategic to play the people who would buy what he’s selling.
So that makes him just like so many other millions of drug addicts rich and poor. They will do whatever they have to do to get their drugs.
Poor drug addicts people don’t have a platform to push tough drug policies against poor drug addicts (let alone rich).
Correction, recovered drug addict. Not that many drug addicts live long enough to ever say that. My best friend included.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

+1 (to sc's post). I don't say this about too many people, but he should rot in hell.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:29 pm
His screen caller was a black man who worked with him from day one. He knew the man better than anyone one on this forum ever could. If you want to call him a liar I wonder if you would have the balls to say it to his face? Was he the wrong shade of black for the FLP folks on this forum?
Ever watch Django Unchained? Would you say Leo DiCaprio’s character was cool with black folks because he listened to Sam Jackson’s character?

I’d say it to his face if given the chance. Some people use props some people don’t mind being props (Tim Scott, Baba Booey, this guy, and on and on)

Before the election and bunch of dishonest folks were running around with proof trump or his people weren’t racist because a rapper came out supporting him (only to find his name on a pardon list...)
njbill

Post by njbill »

Thank God T**** isn't still president. He'd no doubt order flags to be flown at half-staff.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:32 pm :P I
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:28 pm

Correction, recovered drug addict. Not that many drug addicts live long enough to ever say that. My best friend included.
Some of mine made it and some didn’t...BFD.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Twitter Question of the Day

"All Confederate flags will fly at half-staff today?"
Last edited by Kismet on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Agreed. And worth highlighting to again that he has resources not available to others that were “earned” on the backs of severely criminalized poor drug users.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Many of the greatest antisemites in history (and today) are Jews. The same is true for blacks and numerous other groups. Your "I know a black man who respected him thus he can't be a racist" is silly. I have a black friend so I can't be a racist! It's a ridiculous perspective...
Last edited by Matnum PI on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:30 pm
"Slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back, I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.”

“Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?”

“Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.”

“You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.”

“Let the unskilled jobs that take absolutely no knowledge whatsoever to do — let stupid and unskilled Mexicans do that work.”

The guy was a completely destructive piece of sh*t. He never did a single constructive thing with his life and pulpit. I'd pay to watch him scald his backside over a pool of burning brimstone.
I would hope you would put those quotes in a context that they may have been used in. I've listened to some Chris Rock standup where he mocks the hell out of white folks. He is very funny when he does so. Years ago I use to listen to his show. I certainly was never a ditto head. It was just entertainment. If you really wanted to you could change the station. That is what I did after years of listening. I respected his talent, I was not a lap dog for his ideology. He did eff with people of all backgrounds. The parody bits with Al Sharpton shouting in the megaphone were funny. He was an equal opportunity ball buster if you were a FLP type of person. I clearly underestimated the hatred and vitriol of my FLP friends on this forum who always lecture about diversity and understanding for the difference of opinion we all have. I always thought your message was about love and understanding even the people we dislike and strongly disagree with. I guess I was wrong. So your hatred here for a man is justified because you believe he hated more than you do...GOT IT. What is that the bible says...judge others lest not you be judged yourself?
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:49 pm

I would hope you would put those quotes in a context that they may have been used in. I've listened to some Chris Rock standup where he mocks the hell out of white folks. He is very funny when he does so. Years ago I use to listen to his show. I certainly was never a ditto head. It was just entertainment. If you really wanted to you could change the station. That is what I did after years of listening. I respected his talent, I was not a lap dog for his ideology. He did eff with people of all backgrounds. The parody bits with Al Sharpton shouting in the megaphone were funny. He was an equal opportunity ball buster if you were a FLP type of person. I clearly underestimated the hatred and vitriol of my FLP friends on this forum who always lecture about diversity and understanding for the difference of opinion we all have. I always thought your message was about love and understanding even the people we dislike and strongly disagree with. I guess I was wrong. So your hatred here for a man is justified because you believe he hated more than you do...GOT IT. What is that the bible says...judge others lest not you be judged yourself?
I am friends with Chris’ aunt. I may text her your stupid post....actually my wife is closer to her than I am. We have known her for about 20 years.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Best joke I've found:
Limbaugh's final horcrux was destroyed this morning:

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:49 pm I always thought your message was about love and understanding even the people we dislike and strongly disagree with. I guess I was wrong.
There is a life philosophy where you love all people, even evil people. i do not subscribe to this perspective. i deplore evil, i deplore evil people.

there are people that hate blacks, jews, etc.. there are people that hate bigotry and the bigots that hate blacks, jews, etc.. that you cannot see the difference between these two is, to be kind, strange.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:49 pm

I don’t know if Im thrown in this hang as well or not being referred to here. Personally I just think he was one of the worst types of hypocrites, could make the case he sold out millions of Americans so he could one day buy his way out of a drug addiction (which may be tragic for anyone but still self inflicted). Further, not worth much discussion in general (I don’t think he’s as talented as you do, just a con man, many of whom often seem smarter or more talented than they are but have one specific ability, or perhaps lack of this human filter to not act this way, of exploiting the anxieties of others for little more than personal gain).

It’s funny, thinking you could replace a few words here and there from one of my favorite rap songs called Real Hip Hop by a political, strongly anti labor, underground hero/worship in NYC (like The Pogues in Ireland and Irish parts of NY or John Denver in West Virginia level cult worship) named Dead Prez.

Specific to Rush, he’s just another guy with ideas when the smoke and mirrors clear. But he divided the wrong cross sections because it was a cheap and easy way for him to make a good life for himself to do whatever he wanted with impugning while hurting many others. It’s a life gone, but it’s not one that care to or actually did provide greater benefit for his country than he took out off the backs of hurting people.

“....back to beats, it don’t reflect on how many records get sold,
On sex, drugs and rock n roll,
Whether your project’s put on hold,
In the Real world, these just people with ideas,
They just like me and you when the smoke and camera disappear,
When po’ folks got the millions and my woman’s disrespected,
We ride for ya’all all my dogs stay real,
N——-, don’t think these record deals goin to feed your seeds,
And pay your bills cause they’re not,
Same scenes in the video, monotonous material,
Ya’ll don’t hear me though,
These record labels sling our tapes like dope,
You would rather have a Lexus or justice,
A dream of some substance?
A Beamer,a necklace or freedom....
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:47 pm
Many of the greatest antisemites in history (and today) are Jews. The same is true for blacks and numerous other groups. Your "I know a black man who respected him thus he can't be a racist" is silly. I have a black friend so I can't be a racist! It's a ridiculous perspective...
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:15 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:19 pmThis is news that should bring joy and happiness to many folks on this forum.
What a surprise you'd choose THIS way of describing this event...would it be just as insightful to say "This is news that should have racists and misogynists' all across America weeping and rending their garments today."

Rush Limbaugh, Bigoted King Of Talk Radio, Dies At 70

Sad for his family...

How do proclaim him to be a bigot? His screen caller for all of those years was a black man. You think he would have done so for a bigot? If you had ever listened to his show Me Snerdly use to address this point all the time.Thank you Dis for being the hate filled petulant whiney liberal you always have been. I use to listen to him a lot when I was working service calls and driving all day. That was in the mid 90s . NJ is correct, this should have been posted by myself in the obit thread. Given the importance of the person that died and how POLITICALLY controversial he was, it is no wonder the hate filled and angry FLP types want Limbaugh's passing as far away from your view as possible. I'm giving you the chance to vent all your anger, hatred and frustration as to how much he was hated. Let your hate flow liberals, let your hate flow unabated. It will make you feel better.
I didn't call him a bigot. That's the headline from the online article i posted. I called him a racist and misogynist. You know the difference?

Didn't think so.

I also listened to him occasionally in the 90's to see what "the enemy" was jawing about on a given day. I didn't hate the MAN so much as i did the fact that his wild-eyed, unhinged hatred and denigration of all things librul effected so many weak-minded, gullible crackers around the country...jiving nicely with the rise of a GOP that did the very same thing, scrambling to gin up votes with culture war nonsense when they counldn't win on actual policy.

RIP anyway, you hateful bastid.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes

Return to “POLITICS”