Limbaugh passed away

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Limbaugh passed away

Post by cradleandshoot »

This is news that should bring joy and happiness to many folks on this forum.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Re: Limbaugh passed away

Post by youthathletics »

Just read that. RIP
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:19 pm This is news that should bring joy and happiness to many folks on this forum.
Sounds good.
Brooklyn

Re: Obituaries - Gone but not forgotten.

Post by Brooklyn »

reich winger Limbaugh croaks:

https://www.google.com/search?q=limbaug ... e&ie=UTF-8

Hitlerian hatemonger who spent a week criticizing the innocent Central Park Five and all blacks after that contrived incident. Afterwards he refused to take back his words or to condemn the Hitlerian racist cops who made up the story.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just a who cares, not even a politician, a radio host. I would care equally little when Howard Stern passes as well.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
CU77

Post by CU77 »

From the wapo obituary:
Especially during the Democratic presidencies of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, Mr. Limbaugh played a leading role in demonizing liberals and pushing conservative elected officials to hard lines on issues such as immigration, government spending and denial of global warming.

During Republican presidencies, Mr. Limbaugh became a leading defender of the faith, even when that meant veering away from long-standing principles. A lifelong deficit hawk who supported Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) in the 2016 Republican presidential primaries, Mr. Limbaugh often blasted businessman Donald Trump, saying, “Trump is not a conservative.”

But in the general election, Mr. Limbaugh embraced Trump. The radio host and the new president became dinner and golf friends, and Mr. Limbaugh emerged as a staunch supporter of Trump’s battles against the news media and Republican establishment. He railed against Trump’s impeachments in 2019 and 2021 and allied himself with Trump during the coronavirus pandemic, insisting that the disease was no worse than the common cold.

After Trump lost the 2020 election, Mr. Limbaugh echoed the president’s baseless allegations of voting fraud and suggested that pro-Trump states consider seceding from the union.
So, yeah: ding dong.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:19 pmThis is news that should bring joy and happiness to many folks on this forum.
What a surprise you'd choose THIS way of describing this event...would it be just as insightful to say "This is news that should have racists and misogynists' all across America weeping and rending their garments today."

Rush Limbaugh, Bigoted King Of Talk Radio, Dies At 70

Sad for his family...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Where was the hard line against his drug addiction. If he were a black teenager and consistent with Clayton bigsby he would’ve voluntarily committed himself to life in prison for illegal prescription drug use and conspiracy to comm it a felony.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Don't think this warrants a new thread. Belongs in obits. Admin?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:15 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:19 pmThis is news that should bring joy and happiness to many folks on this forum.
What a surprise you'd choose THIS way of describing this event...would it be just as insightful to say "This is news that should have racists and misogynists' all across America weeping and rending their garments today."

Sad for his family...

How do proclaim him to be a bigot? His screen caller for all of those years was a black man. You think he would have done so for a bigot? If you had ever listened to his show Me Snerdly use to address this point all the time.Thank you Dis for being the hate filled petulant whiney liberal you always have been. I use to listen to him a lot when I was working service calls and driving all day. That was in the mid 90s . NJ is correct, this should have been posted by myself in the obit thread. Given the importance of the person that died and how POLITICALLY controversial he was, it is no wonder the hate filled and angry FLP types want Limbaugh's passing as far away from your view as possible. I'm giving you the chance to vent all your anger, hatred and frustration as to how much he was hated. Let your hate flow liberals, let your hate flow unabated. It will make you feel better.
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

who?
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

njbill wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:29 pm Don't think this warrants a new thread. Belongs in obits. Admin?
I don't think so. In general, the Obits Thread is for awareness, paying respect, etc. This is a different animal.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm Where was the hard line against his drug addiction. If he were a black teenager and consistent with Clayton bigsby he would’ve voluntarily committed himself to life in prison for illegal prescription drug use and conspiracy to comm it a felony.
He admitted his drug use on the air. That doesn't excuse it. That is the reason my doctor took me off oxycodone when I had my broken ribs. People easily become so addicted to the chit. I chose heavy duty anti inflammatory medicines. The correct question is why do so many doctors prescribe this chit to patients in the first place? This chit does not descriminate now does it? Rich or poor it will get you hooked.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:15 pm

Sad for his family...

How do proclaim him to be a bigot? His screen caller for all of those years was a black man. You think he would have done so for a bigot? If you had ever listened to his show Me Snerdly use to address this point all the time.Thank you Dis for being the hate filled petulant whiney liberal you always have been. I use to listen to him a lot when I was working service calls and driving all day. That was in the mid 90s . NJ is correct, this should have been posted by myself in the obit thread. Given the importance of the person that died and how POLITICALLY controversial he was, it is no wonder the hate filled and angry FLP types want Limbaugh's passing as far away from your view as possible. I'm giving you the chance to vent all your anger, hatred and frustration as to how much he was hated. Let your hate flow liberals, let your hate flow unabated. It will make you feel better.
I am not going to be kind here. You sound stupid.
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:01 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:18 pm Where was the hard line against his drug addiction. If he were a black teenager and consistent with Clayton bigsby he would’ve voluntarily committed himself to life in prison for illegal prescription drug use and conspiracy to comm it a felony.
He admitted his drug use on the air. That doesn't excuse it. That is the reason my doctor took me off oxycodone when I had my broken ribs. People easily become so addicted to the chit. I chose heavy duty anti inflammatory medicines. The correct question is why do so many doctors prescribe this chit to patients in the first place? This chit does not descriminate now does it? Rich or poor it will get you hooked.
If you know the history you’d know he broke numerous laws in obtaining the drug over a period of time and colluded with doctors. It’s not as simple as “that poor man, the Sackler family ruined his life” here, he argued for three strikes and other harsher than reasonable penalties for weed and other drugs, clearly an assault on minorities.

Getting prescription drugs, even with pill mill doc in a boxes everywhere, is more of a planned process than buying street drugs so while I can have empathy for addiction, he still has to answer for his duplicity, illegal behavior Etc and he never showed any remorse for his positions with regard to others which makes it a million times worse. IMO he acknowledged it to play the media game not because he felt it was a right/wrong morality play but rather strategic to play the people who would buy what he’s selling.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:12 pm From the wapo obituary:
Especially during the Democratic presidencies of Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, Mr. Limbaugh played a leading role in demonizing liberals and pushing conservative elected officials to hard lines on issues such as immigration, government spending and denial of global warming.

During Republican presidencies, Mr. Limbaugh became a leading defender of the faith, even when that meant veering away from long-standing principles. A lifelong deficit hawk who supported Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.) in the 2016 Republican presidential primaries, Mr. Limbaugh often blasted businessman Donald Trump, saying, “Trump is not a conservative.”

But in the general election, Mr. Limbaugh embraced Trump. The radio host and the new president became dinner and golf friends, and Mr. Limbaugh emerged as a staunch supporter of Trump’s battles against the news media and Republican establishment. He railed against Trump’s impeachments in 2019 and 2021 and allied himself with Trump during the coronavirus pandemic, insisting that the disease was no worse than the common cold.

After Trump lost the 2020 election, Mr. Limbaugh echoed the president’s baseless allegations of voting fraud and suggested that pro-Trump states consider seceding from the union.
So, yeah: ding dong.
I get your point. There are countless media types that have demonized Republicans and POTUS Bush with equal venom. The FLP mainstream tried for decades to find an on air answer to Limbaugh and they never came close. Al Franken could not maintain an on air audience despite all of the $$$$$$$$$ money that backed his radio show. Limbaugh will always be who he was, loved by some and hated by others. What he accomplished can not be denied. His vision for what talk radio became in the years he did his show was copied by many of all kinds of political beliefs. I honestly liked the guy. His schtick grew old for me a long time ago. I can say as often as I listened to him debate with callers that disagreed with him, I never heard him get angry and belittle anyone. He always stood for what he believed in and would not compromise those beliefs no matter how intense the criticism. I found myself years ago having become tired of his show. I use to enjoy the parodies of the gentleman who use to poke fun at Democrat icons like Ted Kennedy. His show was opinion and his version of mocking the Democrats. He did nothing all that different than SNL has done for decades. His problem was he did it too well for many of the FLP people who hated him so much.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:51 pm How do proclaim him to be a bigot? His screen caller for all of those years was a black man. You think he would have done so for a bigot?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:09 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:01 pm
If you know the history you’d know he broke numerous laws in obtaining the drug over a period of time and colluded with doctors. It’s not as simple as “that poor man, the Sackler family ruined his life” here, he argued for three strikes and other harsher than reasonable penalties for weed and other drugs, clearly an assault on minorities.

Getting prescription drugs, even with pill mill doc in a boxes everywhere, is more of a planned process than buying street drugs so while I can have empathy for addiction, he still has to answer for his duplicity, illegal behavior Etc and he never showed any remorse for his positions with regard to others which makes it a million times worse. IMO he acknowledged it to play the media game not because he felt it was a right/wrong morality play but rather strategic to play the people who would buy what he’s selling.
So that makes him just like so many other millions of drug addicts rich and poor. They will do whatever they have to do to get their drugs.
Bob Ross:
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:18 pm I can say as often as I listened to him debate with callers that disagreed with him, I never heard him get angry and belittle anyone.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The rest didn’t have a platform to villain-ize and destroy so many lives over the same actions as he did. The reason this thread is staying here rather than another section is because he was very different in many ways including his influence than millions of other Americans. That should be obvious. And the fact that he kept after it with no remorse as to others behavior and his piousness never changed one bit is what is especially galling.

Starting to sound like a “they’re all the same” defense here from you.

Return to “POLITICS”