Trump's Russian Collusion

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: The Mueller Investigation

Post by old salt »

MDLF76 wrote :
On the stop blaming Russia, your defense seems to me to be pretty lame, to the point that one would think you perhaps had/have some contracts yourself dependent upon lifting of sanctions. sarcasm emoji.
If I were still a contractor, this budding sore loser Cold War would be good business for me.
That experience informs me on how expensive & dangerous it will be, if continued.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDLF76 wrote :
That's such a weak crack, Salty, or perhaps you were merely being sarcastic?

Did the HRC folks know they were purchasing Russian disinformation? If so, TLD is right, refer them for criminal prosecution.
But that just doesn't appear to be factual, so...

In contrast, the Trump crew seemed to know what they were doing was wrong, that it was the Russians, and they lied and covered it up.

Different order of offense.
What's weak are your lame excuses & failure to acknowledge HRC's Russian disinformation operation, covertly funded & executed via Fusion GPS.

You're correct that it was a different order of offense. It included the willing participation of serving govt officials.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:06 pm
MDLF76 wrote :

Did the HRC folks know they were purchasing Russian disinformation? If so, TLD is right, refer them for criminal prosecution.

In contrast, the Trump crew seemed to know what they were doing was wrong, that it was the Russians, and they lied and covered it up.

What's weak are your lame excuses & failure to acknowledge HRC's Russian disinformation operation, covertly funded & executed via Fusion GPS.

You're correct that it was a different order of offense. It included the willing participation of serving govt officials
What did the Senate and Congressional investigations, along with Special Counsel, determine? Steele fabricated his information and framed folks because Hillary paid him? Your argument has consistently been that the Steele dossier (which you reference here more than anyone on this board) is just re-hashed publically available information...... if so, why do you care? What is the harm if Hillary wasted her money?
“I wish you would!”
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Very gratifying to know that Salty will keep his trap shut and won't give a truck when a future Dem candidate/POTUS does lots of politically reprehensible but clearly non-criminal stuff...wonderful bar to put in place for all, right? That'll keep the hypocrisy down to manageable levels...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm
MDLF76 wrote :

You're correct that it was a different order of offense. It included the willing participation of serving govt officials
What did the Senate and Congressional investigations, along with Special Counsel, determine? Steele fabricated his information and framed folks because Hillary paid him? Your argument has consistently been that the Steele dossier (which you reference here more than anyone on this board) is just re-hashed publically available information...... if so, why do you care? What is the harm if Hillary wasted her money?
doesn't what you always post apply here as well?

"....but OJ was innocent..."
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
old salt

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:52 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:16 pm
MDLF76 wrote :

It's just his typical misrepresentation of my position. Whenever anyone says how much of the dossier is accurate, I point out that's the open source stuff Nellie Ohr complied (like Trump's, Flynn's & Carter Page's public appearances in Russia), --- not the uncorroborated stuff Steele purchased from his unnamed Russian sources. That then elicits the OJ okie doke.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDLF76 wrote :

You're correct that it was a different order of offense. It included the willing participation of serving govt officials.
ok, "weak and lame". I didn't vote for HRC, found her sleazy in all sorts of ways, much less I haven't voted for D for President in 40 years. (2020 may change that run).

But there's been no credible information, at least so far, that says the HRC folks knew they were receiving Russian-sourced information, accurate or not.

Again, if what you keep implying were actually true, that elected officials were complicit, knowingly, then I'd say nail'em. Prosecute.
But the facts just don't seem to support that allegation. So, the only reason to keep touting that canard is to distract from what the Trump folks actually were doing and lying about...and still are.

I can't figure out any other rational explanation for your plugging away on that other than that you just don't want to face what the Trump folks actually did and are still doing. You're afraid of "Cold War" with the Russians? Let me ask you a question: should we have rolled over for the Soviets at Berlin? Cuba? When do you take a stand and when do you not?
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:20 pm
MDLF76 wrote :

ok, "weak and lame". I didn't vote for HRC, found her sleazy in all sorts of ways, much less I haven't voted for D for President in 40 years. (2020 may change that run).

But there's been no credible information, at least so far, that says the HRC folks knew they were receiving Russian-sourced information, accurate or not.

Again, if what you keep implying were actually true, that elected officials were complicit, knowingly, then I'd say nail'em. Prosecute.
But the facts just don't seem to support that allegation. So, the only reason to keep touting that canard is to distract from what the Trump folks actually were doing and lying about...and still are.

I can't figure out any other rational explanation for your plugging away on that other than that you just don't want to face what the Trump folks actually did and are still doing. You're afraid of "Cold War" with the Russians? Let me ask you a question: should we have rolled over for the Soviets at Berlin? Cuba? When do you take a stand and when do you not?
The HRC campaign didn't know Steele used Russian sources ? Steele identified them as unnamed Russian sources. The credibility of his dossier was based on his history of having contacts within the Russian govt.

Comparing this to Berlin or Cuba is laughable. I take a stand when they pose a credible threat. When they threaten us or out allies militarily. That's why I've supported our efforts to bolster NATO & expect our allies to do more. We're not in a global ideological struggle like we were vs Communism in the Cold War.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:28 pm
MDLF76 wrote :

The HRC campaign didn't know Steele used Russian sources ? Steele identified them as unnamed Russian sources. The credibility of his dossier was based on his history of having contacts within the Russian govt.

Comparing this to Berlin or Cuba is laughable. I take a stand when they pose a credible threat. When they threaten us or out allies militarily.
We're not in a global ideological struggle like we were vs Communism in the Cold War.
Ok, so I'd also say that "Cold War" is overwrought hyperbole as well.

But, yes, they do threaten us and our allies. They're just playing an asymmetrical game right now and people like you are excusing it out of some notion that to stand up to them will create a "Cold War".

Sure, Steele had contacts in Russia, but by Russian-sourced, I meant Putin-directed information (or disinformation). They didn't think that Putin and his gov't was trying to help elect HRC or hurt her opponent. The Trump folks actually knew that the Putin folks were trying to hurt HRC, and help them.

Big difference. One is intelligence gathering, the other is "collusion" with an adversary nation. Of course, you know that.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:52 pm

Yes it does.....my inquiry was more or less if it was "publicly available information" why care about Hillary wasting her money? Also, I won't forget that Charles Stuart was innocent until he wasn't. ;)
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:28 pm
MDLF76 wrote :

Comparing this to Berlin or Cuba is laughable. I take a stand when they pose a credible threat. When they threaten us or out allies militarily. That's why I've supported our efforts to bolster NATO & expect our allies to do more. We're not in a global ideological struggle like we were vs Communism in the Cold War.
There you go obsessing over the dossier.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDLF76 wrote :
...one would think you perhaps had/have some contracts yourself dependent upon lifting of sanctions. sarcasm emoji.
Here ya go Tailgunner Joe <sarcasm emoji> -- our MSM has smoked out the Kremlin's new favorite candidate.
Won't get fooled again.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... rd-n964261
MDLF76 wrote:
Apparently this (D) Pres candidate doesn't think "Cold War" is overwrought hyperbole.
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status ... 9304612869
...she's subject to another deployment.

Can't wait to see Tulsi in the (D) debates.
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard

Trump needs to ask Judge Sullivan if he can get Flynn on work release until sentencing & send him & McChrystal on a visit back to Afghanistan, Iraq & Syria to recommend the residual forces we need to leave behind, to maintain our intel gathering, Special Forces & counter terrorism capability. They were the last ones to get it right. Trump would trust Flynn on this.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Tulsi and her army of Russian bots should primary Trump if Vladimir is unhappy with his current employee. She had 300 people watch her debut on Periscope. Jill Stein must feel abandoned.

But for now let’s enjoy Rick Gates and Michael Cohen as they lead us through the corruption behind the lamest Inaugural in History.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Tulsi wants in on the Russian action....hey, it gets you elected, right? Right! ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Not as a Democrat.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Russians do not care what party, they just want someone they can manipulate.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:46 am
MDLF76 wrote :
...one would think you perhaps had/have some contracts yourself dependent upon lifting of sanctions. sarcasm emoji.
Here ya go Tailgunner Joe <sarcasm emoji> -- our MSM has smoked out the Kremlin's new favorite candidate.
Won't get fooled again.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... rd-n964261
MDLF76 wrote:
Apparently this (D) Pres candidate doesn't think "Cold War" is overwrought hyperbole.
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status ... 9304612869
...she's subject to another deployment.

Can't wait to see Tulsi in the (D) debates.
https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard

Trump needs to ask Judge Sullivan if he can get Flynn on work release until sentencing & send him & McChrystal on a visit back to Afghanistan, Iraq & Syria to recommend the residual forces we need to leave behind, to maintain our intel gathering, Special Forces & counter terrorism capability. They were the last ones to get it right. Trump would trust Flynn on this.
I'm actually a little bummed that she's not really a viable candidate, but then again I think she needs more time under her belt anyway.

That the Russians are promoting a non-viable candidate just to create division within the democratic party is not a surprise. they're going to meddle away unless we get serious about combatting their cyber efforts.

On her tweets, she's referring to Trump pulling out of the treaty, effectively giving Putin explicit permission to develop and test these weapons. It's a terrible way to address Putin's cheating on the treaty. She's right.

We can also have an interesting discussion about "regime change" wars, if/when such are appropriate, as well as what to do once we're committed to military action (you broke it, you fix it). I think her voice on this would be valuable, so let's not reject her perspective just because the Russians (currently) like it versus others. I suspect that over the long haul, she'd be strong on standing up to Russian aggressions, whether territorial or cyber or other.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Right, ignorant nincompoops they can manipulate...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
old salt

Post by old salt »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:44 am Right, ignorant nincompoops they can manipulate...
Ooopsie, ...GG points out that NBC were the ignorant nincompoops doing the manipulating.
https://theintercept.com/2019/02/03/nbc ... tic-party/

Return to “POLITICS”