Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu08

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by jhu08 »

Stagnitta just scored on a nice shot from about 20 yards out as the shot clock was expired. I’m glad to see him having success. Jacksonville is rolling over Bellarmine.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:51 pm "too many miaa kids""ground balls have been a problem""stanwick spotted, reuse the infographic""Passive aggressive criticism of the hopkins administration""Mistakenly calls Milliman Petro""Passive aggressive support for trump+letting the kids play""the blue jay isn't wearing a mask, or pants-Blue Jay laid an egg following protocols #dadjoke""carc reference to SYYYYYRacuse""lsm has been an issue""It's bananas theres no bananas, haha carc #dadjoke""That ambulance emt painted like a blueman group screaming for a crease violation looks like cornell willis on the bullhorn with the binnoculars from the first half""ssdm has been an issue""goaltending has lacked consistency""no fans but heres schwartzman""Cole williams is back""move the season back""move the tournament to june""carc reference to SYYYYYRacuse""Do you notice I've been wearing the same jj threads wardrobe they gave me for free 10 years ago every season""anish is gray and I'm not even though I'm 15 years older than him and lets not talk about me out benching him, haha #dadbod, slacker""Clip of me from the 1989 national championship game, oh wait Petros gone, can we still use that""Why did carc cut peoples hair""I'm broadcasting from a basement""Look at our camera guys""Good with the stickwork""Lack athleticism""Good size""Carc misses the fan interaction""Quint takes a maga shot at the administration no fall ball, no fans, no parents, outbreak""Lack speed""Meyers""Picture of grant jr""LIE-ohlah""TowNsin""The truck"
You forgot all the shameless PLL draft plugs and "ladies and gentleman, the Zion Williamson of lacrosse"
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

I guess we will hear later tonight or tomorrow morning on the campus and team status. If campus remains closed into the weekend I don’t see how that Ohio game happens.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm I guess we will hear later tonight or tomorrow morning on the campus and team status. If campus remains closed into the weekend I don’t see how that Ohio game happens.
I am curious about how the staff sees this. On one hand, I bet they're dying to get out there and play. On the other, if the option to reschedule is on the table, then I wonder if they don't prefer that, just to be better prepared. Missing a week of practice is no small thing.

If it does get rescheduled, it seems like it would have to be a midweek game, since every other weekend is booked. That'd put both teams at a disadvantage for their next games after that one. Another option would be to roll this game into the same weekend as whenever the second matchup is scheduled and play both back-to-back on a Friday/Sunday or something.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:41 pm
flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:22 pm I guess we will hear later tonight or tomorrow morning on the campus and team status. If campus remains closed into the weekend I don’t see how that Ohio game happens.
I am curious about how the staff sees this. On one hand, I bet they're dying to get out there and play. On the other, if the option to reschedule is on the table, then I wonder if they don't prefer that, just to be better prepared. Missing a week of practice is no small thing.
I’ve got to think it really depends on how much work and systems they have been able to put in. Has Ernie got that schedule posted yet?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:26 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:41 pm
I’ve got to think it really depends on how much work and systems they have been able to put in. Has Ernie got that schedule posted yet?
Not that I've seen.

If you piece together the clues from social media in the last month or so it does seem like they were able to get a decent amount of work in, including some full field stuff and offense/defense live action—though I doubt they've had an actual team scrimmage. Many other teams have been in the same boat in terms of restrictions on practice, though they of course have not all missed a week of it as the Jays have.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:13 pm - Our fellow blue birds at Delaware have also paused all athletic activity due to positive Covid test results. Their game with Villanova this weekend is postponed.

https://bluehens.com/news/2021/2/10/men ... poned.aspx

Doesn't really make me feel any less uneasy about our current situation but the fact of the matter is this can and will continue to happen at programs across the country this year. It's going to be a mess. The threshold for lacrosse teams to cancel or postpone games does not appear to be very high.

- Former Hop middie Matt Stagnitta started on attack for Jacksonville today against Bellarmine. Curious to see how he does down there. Came to Homewood with quite a pedigree but could just never really get it going.

- Also noticed Fox the Younger is no longer on the roster. We are now down to six giant (6'3''+) defensemen: Calnan, Lyne, Ruddy, Deans, McManus, and Rodgers.
Stagnitta: 1 G, 2 A. I think that contribution was mostly in the second half.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Campus reopening tomorrow

https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/messages-and- ... ctivities/

There is a new "5-person limit on gatherings" until March, though it's unclear what exactly that means. If you read between the lines it might only mean social gatherings, but not entirely positive. Would not really make sense to ban larger gatherings of any kind given that they then wouldn't be able to go back to in-person classes. If indoor classes are back on, one would assume outdoor lacrosse is as well.

Ernie, we're waiting on you bud.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:40 pm Campus reopening tomorrow

https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/messages-and- ... ctivities/

There is a new "5-person limit on gatherings" until March, though it's unclear what exactly that means. If you read between the lines it might only mean social gatherings, but not entirely positive. Would not really make sense to ban larger gatherings of any kind given that they then wouldn't be able to go back to in-person classes. If indoor classes are back on, one would assume outdoor lacrosse is as well.

Ernie, we're waiting on you bud.
hilarious guidelines. has hopkins at the very least installed new powerful hvac exchange and filtration systems into every classroom and building, workout center on campus?
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-school announced yesterday it was the leading fundraiser at $1.5 billion last year in the country stanford and harvard were second with $1.2 billion. $49 billion was raised by the 900 schools surveyed and none of the top 10 are on our schedule. A lot of that was bloomberg aid, the democracy center at homewood, the dc building and the business school but that's still really impressive considering we don't have a law school or business school.

-also announced were #1 in federal fundraising. I thought after mikulski retired given her spot as a cardinal we might go down but that's pretty good and a lot of jobs for maryland.

I have a lot of family who went to the ivies and have been to a lot of their general alumni fundraising presentations and it's really impressive the depth of what Hopkins does and is able to do.

Forgot the PLL stuff. Brady gave Rabil an IG shoutout after the super bowl win.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

Just heard they are back practicing tomorrow to prepare for Ohio. Looks like the Jays are back on track.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:21 pm -school announced yesterday it was the leading fundraiser at $1.5 billion last year in the country stanford and harvard were second with $1.2 billion. $49 billion was raised by the 900 schools surveyed and none of the top 10 are on our schedule. A lot of that was bloomberg aid, the democracy center at homewood, the dc building and the business school but that's still really impressive considering we don't have a law school or business school.

-also announced were #1 in federal fundraising. I thought after mikulski retired given her spot as a cardinal we might go down but that's pretty good and a lot of jobs for maryland.

I have a lot of family who went to the ivies and have been to a lot of their general alumni fundraising presentations and it's really impressive the depth of what Hopkins does and is able to do.

Forgot the PLL stuff. Brady gave Rabil an IG shoutout after the super bowl win.
I think what you mean is that https://carey.jhu.edu/ in addition to being new (so it has fewer graduates) is not a traditional full-time 2-year powerhouse MBA program that sends tons of folks to Wall Street, top consulting firms, and VC, and therefore does not return a ton of mega-donations to JHU.

But, hey, I helped my team earn an extra $10K during the winter giving challenge.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu93

Post by jhu93 »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:33 pm Just heard they are back practicing tomorrow to prepare for Ohio. Looks like the Jays are back on track.
Can't bring yourself to say State, huh? You must be a SCUM fan. Hopefully Hopkins at least shows up unlike Captain Autism and his team of Skunk Weasels did in December. Have fun watching your hero go 0-6 when SCUM gets skull dragged in Ann Arbor again this November.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

woke orville up.

#popcorn
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

jhu93 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:13 pm
flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:33 pm Just heard they are back practicing tomorrow to prepare for Ohio. Looks like the Jays are back on track.
Can't bring yourself to say State, huh? You must be a SCUM fan. Hopefully Hopkins at least shows up unlike Captain Autism and his team of Skunk Weasels did in December. Have fun watching your hero go 0-6 when SCUM gets skull dragged in Ann Arbor again this November.
What the hell is this guy talking about?
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:36 pm
the GOAT Dave Portnoy and the michigan people don't say Ohio State and Ohio State doesn't use the letter M. It's land grant powder puff tickling.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:48 pm
flalax22 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:36 pm
the GOAT Dave Portnoy and the michigan people don't say Ohio State and Ohio State doesn't use the letter M. It's land grant powder puff tickling.
someone mentioned staginitta. Is anyone tracking our refugees like fire the concannon?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Interesting interview with Petro. He admits doing as much early recruiting as they did was a mistake. He also says if he coaches again he'll have two coordinators and focus more on the managerial aspects of being a head coach, which was a tacit admission that he probably put too much on his plate at Hopkins.

https://pressboxonline.com/2021/02/11/c ... ietramala/

He's asked what kind of program he'd like to coach at next and while he says he's open to pretty much everything my read on it is he'd rather go somewhere that already values lacrosse and has a strong culture rather than try to build up a new program from scratch.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:07 am A little diversion as we await any further developments:

Comical Zoom Texas court hearing mishap:

I saw this and all I can say is that I wouldn't want to play poker with the other attorney. The ability to keep a straight face when they "Cat" attorney is fumbling around is unbelievable. I don't think I could do it.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”