NFL

General Chatter
SCLaxAttack

Re: NFL

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:45 am Sorry, my dad was a lifelong Bills fan, starter jacket and mustache in the 1980s in all its glory like a standard WNY guy.

How do you think Terry Pegula gets a Kim Pegula exactly? (Or own the bills)?

Ever see the Ravens owner wife who was a 45yr old cheerleader banging one of the players?
Big $$$ for their desired physical enhancements and shoe collections.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:07 pm Jessica Pegula, daughter of Buffalo Bills owners Kim and Terry Pegula, def #13 ranked Victoria Azarenka in Aussie Open.
I love the Pegula family. One day soon they will hoist the Lombardi trophy with a million adoring Buffalo Bills fans in attendence. Josh Allen will do what Jim Kelly could not do...win a super bowl for Buffalo.
I was unaware their daughter was a professional tennis player.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:07 pm Jessica Pegula, daughter of Buffalo Bills owners Kim and Terry Pegula, def #13 ranked Victoria Azarenka in Aussie Open.
I love the Pegula family. One day soon they will hoist the Lombardi trophy with a million adoring Buffalo Bills fans in attendence. Josh Allen will do what Jim Kelly could not do...win a super bowl for Buffalo.
I was unaware their daughter was a professional tennis player.
I remember reading that awhile ago.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Did she go to IMG? I know the Pegulas have some operations in S Florida called East West Management.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

JJ Watt granted his release from Houston.

https://www.espn.com/blog/houston-texan ... -elsewhere

Not a good time to be a Houston fan.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hasn’t been a good time to be a Houston fan since Bill OBrien got Gm responsibilities. What’d he trade their receiver, Hopkins, for? A pack of garbage pail kids and some of that old cigar gum candy?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

They miss Jim Bernhardt.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It is really a crappy thing though because Watt has done a boatload for the community and made a very clear commitment to the Houston area so this tells me the owners are on the level of Daniel Snyder and the former La Clipper owner Sterling.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:26 pm JJ Watt granted his release from Houston.

https://www.espn.com/blog/houston-texan ... -elsewhere

Not a good time to be a Houston fan.
The RiNger did a piece on this today too

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2021/2/12 ... ton-texans
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The move is being spun as a benevolent one by Houston ownership to Watt, as they released him outright, instead of trading him for compensation.
It may be nicer to Watt, and avoided any more public pissing matches between players and leadership (like with Watson). But it's even more depressing if you're a Houston fan who sees a potential commodity released for nothing. More signs the team isn't interested in winning anytime soon.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Which is why hanging onto Watson makes no sense. Going rate is probably 2+ 1st round picks plus other consideration. That could help accelerate a rebuild real fast. What they’re doing to Watson feels semi punitive.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:04 pm Which is why hanging onto Watson makes no sense. Going rate is probably 2+ 1st round picks plus other consideration. That could help accelerate a rebuild real fast. What they’re doing to Watson feels semi punitive.
100%
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We should really just talk football eh? :)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

6x6

Post by 6x6 »

I wonder if he'd like to try pro rugby? The SaberCats said they could find a spot for him, he could keep his 99 and he wouldn't have to move. Of course with his $$ he could probably buy the team!

JJ a Sabercat.jpg
JJ a Sabercat.jpg (52.53 KiB) Viewed 2697 times
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:41 pm Hasn’t been a good time to be a Houston fan since Bill OBrien got Gm responsibilities. What’d he trade their receiver, Hopkins, for? A pack of garbage pail kids and some of that old cigar gum candy?

Correct about O'Brien but he was a contributing problem before it came to that point. He and GM Rick Smith didn't always get along and O'Brien wasn't the QB and offensive genius he was touted to be.

Many in Houston were and are accepting of the Texans because they have an NFL team while overlooking the flaws of ownership, management and coaching.
6x6

Post by 6x6 »

My wife is a huge tennis fan and she claimed the large family room TV this evening to watch Jessica win her third round match at the Aussie Open.
njbill

Post by njbill »

How is the temperature over there? Wondering if things are a little cooler since they moved the event several weeks later in the season. Some years the temperature can be absolutely beastly, over 100°.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

6x6 wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:45 pm
My wife is a huge tennis fan and she claimed the large family room TV this evening to watch Jessica win her third round match at the Aussie Open.
J Pegula won in straight sets to move on to 4th round against #5 seed Svitolina on Sunday.

Expecting a high of 69f in Melbourne on Sunday.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

njbill wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:02 pm What a difference a year makes.

https://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/ ... temps-soar

Gets so darn hot in that country in their summer that they change the playing surface to grass.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”