Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:02 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:49 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:33 pm I have no interest in the style of journalism that we have today.when the talking head begins the story with who ever the person they are reporting is guilty of perpetuating a false narrative. So your cool and groovy with the talking head having already determined in his or her own mind the person they are reporting on is already guilty?
Yes! Because politicians are full of sh*t! So I would prefer a journalist that's all over Obama, to one that's his lapdog.

it's the one saving grace of FoxNation-----they're all over Biden already. Biden is full of it, and they will call him out. Do they call him out too much, and for dumb things like Obama's tan suit? Of course! But I'd rather have that than a emasculated media. Putin has an emasculated media. As does Kim. As do all dangerous as hell dictators.

IMHO, it's 1000 times more dangerous to have a media that's asleep at the wheel, than one that's all over our leaders like white on rice.

Look at how dangerous FoxNation was when it came to Trump. I have ZERO interest in a media that will look the other way on any and every matter as Fox did with Trump.
The relationship between Donald Trump and FoxNews had never been seen before in this country. Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes have done a ton of damage. I believe Murdoch media concerns have been banned in Australia. I am hoping the relationship between the POTUS and a major media outlet is never seen again. It’s dangerous.
It also should be noted that the major news affiliates should not come across as having a mad crush on the new POTUS either. If they are so enamored with him at what point to they separate their emotional attachment and just get back to reporting the news... with no personal opinions inserted in their reporting. It may be stunning but at some point in time they may actually have to criticize President Biden... :o
Don’t fall over laughing
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:48 pmWhen a talking head begins a report accusing the person he or she is reporting about of perpetuating a false narrative... THAT IS NOT REPORTING, THAT IS EDITORIALIZING.
Sorry, can't get my jaw up off the table after reading this...i must have missed something further up thread...but then again, it IS Cr-Cr-Cr-Cradle talking here...

Dozens...nay, hundreds of times in the past four years, Donald "The Con" T**** wove a narrative of DEMONSTRABLE LIES into his tweets, interviews, statements and mostly, whenever he spoke.

His habit of forcing disinformation on the country, on the world, is what has brought up to the ditch we're currently trying to yank ourselves out of.

"Talking Heads" can't report on this sort of thing??

There is nothing wrong with reporting about the tweet. There is something wrong with passing judgement about the truthfulness of the content. I'm sure in the talking heads opinion they believe the content is bogus. IMO that is the point where you let the viewer decide without having to inform them what the content is followed by a brief lecture about what a stinky dog the person who tweeted is. I think people can figure that out all on their own lonesome. Report the news and let your viewers decide for themselves. Is an outrageous concept to you Dis. Do you really need the talking heads to tell you their opinion of what they are telling you? Well, yer a liberal so that ability is probably out of your wheelhouse. You prefer your news to be spoon fed to you so you don't have to think for yourself. You should consider the concept like jumping jacks for your brain.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:12 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 4:33 pm I have no interest in the style of journalism that we have today.when the talking head begins the story with who ever the person they are reporting is guilty of perpetuating a false narrative. So your cool and groovy with the talking head having already determined in his or her own mind the person they are reporting on is already guilty?
Yes! Because politicians are full of sh*t! So I would prefer a journalist that's all over Obama, to one that's his lapdog.

it's the one saving grace of FoxNation-----they're all over Biden already. Biden is full of it, and they will call him out. Do they call him out too much, and for dumb things like Obama's tan suit? Of course! But I'd rather have that than a emasculated media. Putin has an emasculated media. As does Kim. As do all dangerous as hell dictators.

IMHO, it's 1000 times more dangerous to have a media that's asleep at the wheel, than one that's all over our leaders like white on rice.

Look at how dangerous FoxNation was when it came to Trump. I have ZERO interest in a media that will look the other way on any and every matter as Fox did with Trump.
The relationship between Donald Trump and FoxNews had never been seen before in this country. Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes have done a ton of damage. I believe Murdoch media concerns have been banned in Australia. I am hoping the relationship between the POTUS and a major media outlet is never seen again. It’s dangerous.
It also should be noted that the major news affiliates should not come across as having a mad crush on the new POTUS either. If they are so enamored with him at what point to they separate their emotional attachment and just get back to reporting the news... with no personal opinions inserted in their reporting. It may be stunning but at some point in time they may actually have to criticize President Biden... :o
Don’t fall over laughing
There is a good chance that POTUS Biden could inspire Rachel Maddow to change her sexual preference. Now that is true love.🥰. BTW you do realize your girlfriend Hannity is not a news anchor. He states his opinion he does not report the news. I'm glad I could clear up that confusion for you. :mrgreen:
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:22 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:47 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:02 pm Why or how is MDLax's response "pedantic"?
He comes back talking trash to everyone, taking shots and then whines about others. Same thing different day.
Sorry, who is the "he" in that sentence?
The dark web king of course. Who shows up after a break and tosses a bomb of being toxic meanwhile if you were to rip through his posts since the new year you’d see all sorts of this stuff while claiming to be above the fray and superior to it all.
Ha!... I'm truly flattered such a risk-taking, vital, and paragon of worldly experience such as yourself would take the time to analyze my every post. You do realize your pimped up presentation on here reveals your own insecurities and victim mentality? ;)

if you're so threatened by what I write, I suggest you simply not read or block me.
Last edited by tech37 on Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/8/22272 ... cers-trump

House chair wants to know who’s financing Parler

In her letter to Parler’s chief operating officer Jeffrey Wernick Monday, Maloney called on the company to hand over documents outlining who or what entities have ever had any control over the company, a list of some of its creditors, and any documents or communications tying the company to a Russian individual or entity.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:12 am

Don’t fall over laughing
There is a good chance that POTUS Biden could inspire Rachel Maddow to change her sexual preference. Now that is true love.🥰. BTW you do realize your girlfriend Hannity is not a news anchor. He states his opinion he does not report the news. I'm glad I could clear up that confusion for you. :mrgreen:
BTW that’s not what you stated. Read YOUR statement again. You can edit it if you meant something different.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:24 am https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/8/22272 ... cers-trump

In her letter to Parler’s chief operating officer Jeffrey Wernick Monday, Maloney called on the company to hand over documents outlining who or what entities have ever had any control over the company, a list of some of its creditors, and any documents or communications tying the company to a Russian individual or entity.
Good.
Typical Lax Dad

seacoaster wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:15 am
tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:24 am https://www.theverge.com/2021/2/8/22272 ... cers-trump

Good.
+1
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:49 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:12 am

Look at how dangerous FoixNation was when it came to Trump. I have ZERO interest in a media that will look the other way on any and every matter as Fox did with Trump.
Don’t fall over laughing
BTW that’s not what you stated. Read YOUR statement again. You can edit it if you meant something different.
I'm too old and tired to try and go back to what statement of mine you are referring to. If you want to refresh my memory as to what you refer to I will be glad to answer you.
FTR I'm glad you have enough spare time in your day to keep track of what yer girlfriend Hannity is saying. Your a good egg you are. I could simply rephrase that to saying that you are a glutton for punishment. :)
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:35 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:02 pm Why or how is MDLax's response "pedantic"?
He comes back talking trash to everyone, taking shots and then whines about others. Same thing different day.
The dark web king of course. Who shows up after a break and tosses a bomb of being toxic meanwhile if you were to rip through his posts since the new year you’d see all sorts of this stuff while claiming to be above the fray and superior to it all.
Ha!... I'm truly flattered such a risk-taking, vital, and paragon of worldly experience such as yourself would take the time to analyze my every post. You do realize your pimped up presentation on here reveals your own insecurities and victim mentality? ;)

if you're so threatened by what I write, I suggest you simply not read or block me.
Why bother replying? I’ve also acknowledged a bout of crushing depression, anxiety and adhd which it took me quitting a job and thinking about driving into a wall in Cullman AL onN January night a few years ago but you selectively forget that by being a, well, yourself. I’ve presented both side of myself but you’re focus is only on one side why is that?

Threatened? I’m just annoyed by you acting like you’re above the fray and full of it. Project on others the way you behave and lie about being agnostic but that never being the case. It’s not that hard to index the words and behavior of people without recalling every detail. Maybe you can’t do that but most people are capable of it.

Pimped up presentation? Grew up in a ranch house in crappy upstate NY, parents fought like Ward-Gatti for the first eleven years of my life then put me in the middle of a three year divorce, my mother died last year never solving her emotional issues from my abusive grandfather who was a typical POS Irish home builder on Long Island. My sister spent a bit of her childhood where they had food stamps (before I was born). Saved $22k for college selling baseball cards which I put towards college attendance so I didn’t have nasty loans beyond Stafford coming out. Had a potential drug problem at one point. Depression crushed me after my father died because they never figured out he had C diff from a hip replacement a few months before my first child was born and my boss picked $268k in bonus money out of my pocket from 2013-2015 while I still made money that was a ton I earned not seeing my first or second child while working 80+ hour weeks, planting flags in a region my boutique shop didn’t have a presencec fathers brother dies shortly later from cancer the third kills himself outside Rome NY, throw in a miscarriage and a broken marriage of my own.

How’s that for you. While most of you intentionally want to reject your above social media and yet look for connections through dialogue here but only if it fits in the echo chamber I don’t care. Lived my life with a mask on and it became me until it took over my life. So anyone who selectively drop an occasional personal reference but spend one second thinking about what to share or not share is the fraud. That’s just reality.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:42 am

Why bother replying? I’ve also acknowledged a bout of crushing depression, anxiety and adhd which it took me quitting a job and thinking about driving into a wall in Cullman AL onN January night a few years ago but you selectively forget that by being a, well, yourself. I’ve presented both side of myself but you’re focus is only on one side why is that?

Threatened? I’m just annoyed by you acting like you’re above the fray and full of it. Project on others the way you behave and lie about being agnostic but that never being the case. It’s not that hard to index the words and behavior of people without recalling every detail. Maybe you can’t do that but most people are capable no of it.

Pimped up presentation? Grew up in a ranch house in crappy upstate NY, parents fought like Ward-Gatti for the first eleven years of my life then put me in the middle of a three year divorce, my mother died last year never solving her emotional issues from my abusive grandfather who was a typical POS Irish home builder on Long Island. My sister spent a bit of her childhood where they had food stamps (before I was born). Saved $22k for college selling baseball cards which I put towards college attendance so I didn’t have nasty loans beyond Stafford coming out. Had a potential drug problem at one point. Depression crushed me after my father died because they never figured out he had C diff from a hip replacement a few months before my first child was born and my boss picked $268k in bonus money out of my pocket from 2013-2015 while I still made money that was a ton I earned not seeing my first or second child while working 80+ hour weeks, planting flags in a region my boutique shop didn’t have a presencec fathers brother dies shortly later from cancer the third kills himself outside Rome NY, throw in a miscarriage and a broken marriage of my own.

How’s that for you. While most of you intentionally want to reject your above social media and yet look for connections through dialogue here but only if it fits in the echo chamber I don’t care. Lived my life with a mask on and it became me until it took over my life. So anyone who selectively drop an occasional personal reference but spend one second thinking about what to share or not share is the fraud. That’s just reality.
Hold the ponies their young fellow. There is nothing crappy about Upstate NY. Why don't you venture out on an autumn morning in October driving along the road in Letchworth State Park. If you go just at dawn you might see the hot air balloons soaring through the gorge. The best memories I have of my black lab Tugger was taking her on a summer night to Hamlin Beach State Park so she could chase sticks in lake Ontario until the sun set. I LOVE upstate NY. I despise the liberal f***s that are destroying this state, but I will always love the unique beauty upstate ny has to offer.
You never enjoyed a summer day at Sampson State Park when you were at Hobart? You never ventured down 5 and 20 to Canandaigua to watch the fireworks on the 4th. You never went down the road and watched a Penn Yan home lacrosse game? You never spent a weekend at Watkins Glenn and walked the gorge?
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

INDIA: Farmers

Post by runrussellrun »

What say you, progressives ? Which side are you on, boys, which side are you on? Will POTUSA OBAMA's Sect. of Agriculture, MR. Monsanto, chime in on the India farmers protests? A democratic :lol: Indian government, COMPLETELY shut down twitter !

learned this from "women w/ jugs on trampolines" Jimmy Kimmels hilarious show last night ;)

The "deplorable" farmers protest in India IS way more important that the useless Congressional theatre, which IS serving its purpose: to distract.

IS it too early to point out that certain people LIED about stimulus checks, especially the importance of quick action and dispersal.

And the same vampires that LIED in 2009, are running the show. Again.

Do we have this write? Or, IS the reddit, gamestop thing just a lil too complicated for Janet Yellen to give a $300k speech about. Several, in fact.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:57 am

Threatened? I’m just annoyed by you acting like you’re above the fray and full of it. Project on others the way you behave and lie about being agnostic but that never being the case. It’s not that hard to index the words and behavior of people without recalling every detail. Maybe you can’t do that but most people are capable no of it.

Hold the ponies their young fellow. There is nothing crappy about Upstate NY. Why don't you venture out on an autumn morning in October driving along the road in Letchworth State Park. If you go just at dawn you might see the hot air balloons soaring through the gorge. The best memories I have of my black lab Tugger was taking her on a summer night to Hamlin Beach State Park so she could chase sticks in lake Ontario until the sun set. I LOVE upstate NY. I despise the liberal f***s that are destroying this state, but I will always love the unique beauty upstate ny has to offer.
You never enjoyed a summer day at Sampson State Park when you were at Hobart? You never ventured down 5 and 20 to Canandaigua to watch the fireworks on the 4th. You never went down the road and watched a Penn Yan home lacrosse game? You never spent a weekend at Watkins Glenn and walked the gorge?
I love the finger lakes, saranac, the area around placid, some of the non flat countryside (most is flat especially closer to Pa). Love throwing fish at syracuse players. I loved canoeing the Callicoom river near Hancock into Pa camping there but having a work out dinner a short drive away at the Roscoe Diner (best onion rings in the state!). I loved going to the Dairy Festival in Bath as a young child and winters riding the snowmobiles (would go on hunts but never hunted as a kid). I loved going to the grass roots festival in HS and College in Trumansburg. Of course I’ve been to Sampson, less rocky beach than the closer one to Geneva/Hobart. Loved going in middle and high school to my best friends grandparents cottage in the cove/bay across from fairhaven state park. I even miss white blankets of snow because both DC and NY would get it but it would be that grey mush within minutes from the traffic over it, never stayed white and powdery for long. I loved “learning“ to ski in HS ski club at Greek Peak with its 14” manufactured base typically.

Love many parts of upstate from May - Sept. but I’m talking about the lack of jobs, struggle to find cultural opportunities beyond AOH keggers at the State park (we’d have to go to the hangar theatre to get much beyond SUNY Binghamton productions, that’s an hour drive). The cities are half boarded up and crumbling. Population is getting and dying off and generally unhappy making a run at Boston for the most miserable people in the US.

Cradle, you complain a ton about upstate NY and we’ve discussed Roch as my uncle was a longtime Kodak line mgr (Aa degree from Corning community making $125-$150k in the mid late 80s! Living in Webster). That’s the one who killer himself outside Rome a couple of years back. Left a note “heart hurts, body hurts”,left his dog at his house drove into woods and shot himself. (his wife died about 5yrs earlier and kids were grown and on teenage grandkids, he was very lonely, he was also like 300-350lbs on 6’3” or so, my dad was the only small one at 5’10” of the siblings, my sole surviving aunt is like 6’ when vertical not kicked up in a reclining chair with the mouth breather machine on.) You make it all about NYC folks but I think the people in upstate have contributed an awful lot to where it stands today and that should be the focus as it’s more controllable. Upstate NY composition is what it is today because of the people there not “downstate”. Can’t bifurcate the issue into “I love me some upstate” and “downstate/NYC has ruined upstate NY” IMO. That’s not a specific indictment of you but the populous on the whole that remains in upstate NY.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Should’ve mentioned Watkins glen. Aunt and uncle who remained around Bath have a permanent RV setup there we used to go and camp (my father and I) and fish on their boat. Haven’t been in the gorges in more than a decade now...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:30 am

Should’ve mentioned Watkins glen. Aunt and uncle who remained around Bath have a permanent RV setup there we used to go and camp (my father and I) and fish on their boat. Haven’t been in the gorges in more than a decade now...
It is a beautiful place to take an early morning hike.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Good.
sure...sure...

It's been established that the vast majority of communication/planning re Capitol siege was done on platforms other than Parler, yet Parler gets all the scrutiny. Wonder why?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:18 pm

Good.
sure...sure...

It's been established that the vast majority of communication/planning re Capitol siege was done on platforms other than Parler, yet Parler gets all the scrutiny. Wonder why?
Isn't the current news on the street that Tommy Caldwell was/is an FBI person, with security clearances blah blah blah.........

Is Caldwells lawyer LYING about this? wouldn't that be a violation, of the law, of some sort, to blatantly LIE in a court document. So, it MUST be true? I don't know. Maybe tRumps theatrical juris prudence types can point this out.

Is this TRUE? Caldwell is an FBI agent ? Wasn't another protagonist leader proven to be an FBI informant ?

Baiting bears should be a crime, but baiting tRump supporting idiots with inserrection syrup ? Should be legal 24/7.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:18 pm It's been established that the vast majority of communication/planning re Capitol siege was done on platforms other than Parler, yet Parler gets all the scrutiny. Wonder why?
So you can't figure it out?

Is Parler moderated in any way? No.

So what does that mean? Think for a change, without your right wing lense.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:32 pm
tech37 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:18 pm It's been established that the vast majority of communication/planning re Capitol siege was done on platforms other than Parler, yet Parler gets all the scrutiny. Wonder why?

"Wonder why?" was rhetorical but that's OK. Funny thing how free speech used to be a liberal cause.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:32 pm

It means: wait for it.......you can say whatever you want.

as one of the few progressives on these threads, that seems pretty cool to me.

What IS your problem with being able to say what you want on an electronic keyboard ? Is your hero Tipper Gore still alive?

I can't think, to HIGH. explain the harm in people writing whatever they want ? plenty of current laws that result in some criminal chaff.

well, when you declare YEAH, we/I approve, of the recent NYT firing, for clearing DIFFERENT application of the use, and context of a certain word, that is currently being part of the AP handbook lexicon, as , well, you know...the word.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/05/busi ... e-nyt.html

Surprised AFAN is happy with ny times firing don mcneil. Others? not surprised. Context only matters when you want it too. when all else fails...call them a racist. works on these threads too.

The Rising has had some great segments discussing this very issue. The three people reading this, HIGHLY recommend making this a daily ritual and watch/listen.

Return to “POLITICS”