NFL

General Chatter
Farfromgeneva

Re: NFL

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ok I just watched the game but sounds like you are more armchair than player with such specious and limited arguments about a game that just happened.
This wasn’t anything like the SB couple of years ago vs Atlanta or some others. He was well protected all night and took short and intermediate options and the pounded it out with around 150yds between Fournette and Jones.

Your just sucking the stars teet. This was a good but not great game and your theory about him setting up the D makes no sense because of that statistic. His QBR was an 81.8, pretty average. Completions are a dumb statistic these days.

You sure you weren’t watching a rerun of an older super bowl Brady played in tonight because nothing you’ve positive makes actual sense in the context of the game tonight and getting a hard on over completion percentage is anachronistic to the days when Dan Fouts and Jim Plunkett were playing.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Angus wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:48 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:35 pm I thought the Tampa Bay DL should be the MVP as they stifled KC completely.
Huge reason they held the high flying Chiefs and Pat Mahomes to 0 touchdowns. They were up in his grill All Night. What a demolition job.

As usual, the offense (esp the QB) gets all the attention. But, as always, Championships are won via defense. The great work done last night by the DL has been overlooked by media commentators. Sadly, those great defenders will go into obscurity as others have done over the decades but they are and will always be the true heroes.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the latest on Kap:

Mariah Carey Celebrates ‘Colin Kaepernick Appreciation Day’ on Super Bowl Sunday

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/ma ... d=msedgntp

Mariah Carey had just one thing to say on Super Bowl Sunday.

“Happy Colin Kaepernick Appreciation Day!” the pop star wrote on Twitter Sunday night (Feb. 7), in the middle of the game.

Carey’s words seemingly found ample support from her fans, based on the comments on her post. The tweet was her only one of the weekend, as of Sunday night.

Former NFL star Kaepernick last played in 2016, for the San Francisco 49ers, when he kneeled during the pre-game national anthem in protest of police brutality and racial injustice.

Five years later, ahead of the 2021 Super Bowl, on Thursday NFL commissioner Roger Goodell spoke about the quarterback and activist, telling reporters that he deserved “our recognition” and “our appreciation” for challenging systemic racism.

Carey has shared her support of Kaepernick in the past. In 2018, she posted an Instagram photo of herself meeting him, to mixed reactions. “Such an honor,” she captioned their snapshot.

Mariah Carey @MariahCarey
Happy Colin Kaepernick Appreciation Day!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu93 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:08 pm Just like death and taxes, it was a given that Brady's team would get all of the calls.

sure did seem that way

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sort of true but plenty of precedent for defensive players:
SB 5 - Chuck Howley, LB
SB 7 - Jake Scott, FS
SB 12 - Harvey Martin & Randy White - DL
SB 20 - Richard Dent, DE (my Bears!)
SB 30 - Larry Brown, DB
SB 35 - Ray Lewis, LB
SB 37 - Dexter Jackson, DB
SB 48 - Malcom Smith, LB
SB 50 - Von Miller, LB (great comp to this game w Peyton on Broncos led by the defense checking down and throwing short and intermediate routes all night)

Desmond Howard won as kick returner one year.

Brady’s 201 yards? Lowest in 20yrs since Beady got it for his first SB vs STL with 145yds (when the defense won the game ironically). Before that you have to go to Super Bowl 16 (were at 55) w Joe Montana. Brady’s other SB MVPs? 328yds, 354yds and 466yds (Falcons suck).

The story of the game was the defense and it seems pretty silly to give it to a guy who had his worst super bowl game in more than a decade when Mahomes hasn’t scored single digits in a game going back to before college.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:05 pm Sort of true but plenty of precedent for defensive players:
SB 5 - Chuck Howley, LB
SB 7 - Jake Scott, FS
SB 30 - Larry Brown, DB
SB 35 - Ray Lewis, LB
SB 48 - Malcom Smith, LB
SB 50 - Von Miller, LB (great comp to this game w Peyton on Broncos led by the defense checking down and throwing short and intermediate routes all night)

Brady’s 201 yards? Lowest in 20yrs since Beady got it for his first SB vs STL with 145yds (when the defense won the game ironically). Before that you have to go to Super Bowl 16 (were at 55) w Joe Montana. Brady’s other SB MVPs? 328yds, 354yds and 466yds (Falcons suck).

The story of the game was the defense and it seems pretty silly to give it to a guy who had his worst super bowl game in more than a decade when Mahomes hasn’t scored single digits in a game going back to before college.
Wish there was a better definition for the award. Soccer and rugby “man of the match” comes to mind.

You’d get no argument from me if Devin White (or Fournette) was named; similarly I’m not offended that Brady got it. Specific to the game, Brady played error free, and is the first qb to complete 80% of his throws and throw for three TDs in a half in an NFL championship game. Re: that last stat, it’s unfair that some of you have jumped on Angus for suggesting Brady performance didn’t put the Buc’s D in position to be more aggressive. Three TD passes in the first quarter absolutely helps.

Arians, and owner Joel Glazer, also acknowledged Brady’s changed the Buc’s culture, and was the reason behind players like Gronkowski and Fournette coming (some even calling him a de facto GM).

Off my soap box.

Congrats to Hobart’s Marpet for becoming a Super Bowl champion. Kudos also to Bucs’ long snapper Zach Triner, who was Siena’s FOGO as a freshman until a conversation with Brian Brecht after which he decided to follow his dream of making the NFL and transferred to play football.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:08 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:05 pm Sort of true but plenty of precedent for defensive players:
SB 5 - Chuck Howley, LB
SB 7 - Jake Scott, FS
SB 30 - Larry Brown, DB
SB 35 - Ray Lewis, LB
SB 48 - Malcom Smith, LB

Wish there was a better definition for the award. Soccer and rugby “man of the match” comes to mind.

You’d get no argument from me if Devin White (or Fournette) was named; similarly I’m not offended that Brady got it. Specific to the game, Brady played error free, and is the first qb to complete 80% of his throws and throw for three TDs in a half in an NFL championship game. Re: that last stat, it’s unfair that some of you have jumped on Angus for suggesting Brady performance didn’t put the Buc’s D in position to be more aggressive. Three TD passes in the first quarter absolutely helps.

Arians, and owner Joel Glazer, also acknowledged Brady’s changed the Buc’s culture, and was the reason behind players like Gronkowski and Fournette coming (some even calling him a de facto GM).

Off my soap box.

Congrats to Hobart’s Marpet for becoming a Super Bowl champion. Kudos also to Bucs’ long snapper Zach Triner, who was Siena’s FOGO as a freshman until a conversation with Brian Brecht after which he decided to follow his dream of making the NFL and transferred to play football.
The other guy made the argument that his play allowed the defense to pin their ears back. Just not what we watched and by Brady and SB MVP QB standards not on par with the winners in the last two decades. Look at those TD passes, about 4-7 yards each right (one to Gronk was 17yds the otehr two were 8 and 1yd). Just check downs created by the running game putting them deep in the red zone. Nice game, exceptional for someone over 40 of course and cements his legacy for sure. The superficial analysis performed just sounded like a Brady fan sucking on the Brady teet vs actual analysis of the game.

When the story of the game is how Mahomes was shut down and didn't get to double digits for the first time since before college (if ever), a defensive player should've been named unless no one stood out like Larry Brown picking the QB repeatedly a while back. This is a game where it shouldn't have been the QB and it's a shame.

How about that block by my boy to clear the way on the last, Fournette TD rush? Brady didn't change the culture around Ali. That kid works harder than anyone, eats like 20 chik fil a's a day and will shed 50lbs the year he retires (his father and two brothers are shredded with 6 packs and not that thick), runs like forrest gump. And the sack in Q1 wasn't on him even though he tried to get a hand on the guy, it was a twist and on the right side of the line.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Marty Schottenheimer, veteran NFL coach, dead at 77

https://nypost.com/2021/02/09/marty-sch ... ead-at-77/

Marty Schottenheimer, one of eight head coaches in NFL history to record at least 200 wins, but the only member of that group never to win a championship, died Monday due to complications from Alzheimer’s disease. He was 77.

Schottenheimer spent 21 seasons as an NFL head coach with Cleveland, Kansas City, Washington and San Diego, compiling a record of 200-126-1, punctuated by a smash-mouth brand of conservative football that became known as “Martyball.”

“Marty will rightfully be remembered as one of the greatest coaches in NFL history, but his legacy extends far beyond his winning percentage,” Chiefs chairman Clark Hunt said Tuesday in a statement. “He was a passionate leader who cared deeply for his players and coaches, and his influence on the game can still be seen today on a number of coaching staffs around the league.”

https://nypost.com/wp-content/uploads/s ... all&w=1024

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The Washington Post Headline is embarrassing.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:06 pm The Washington Post Headline is embarrassing.

That’s a brutal headline. Is it legitimate?
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I took a look. That’s may be a fake site:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Jessica Pegula, daughter of Buffalo Bills owners Kim and Terry Pegula, def #13 ranked Victoria Azarenka in Aussie Open.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:07 pm Jessica Pegula, daughter of Buffalo Bills owners Kim and Terry Pegula, def #13 ranked Victoria Azarenka in Aussie Open.
I love the Pegula family. One day soon they will hoist the Lombardi trophy with a million adoring Buffalo Bills fans in attendence. Josh Allen will do what Jim Kelly could not do...win a super bowl for Buffalo.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
DMac

Post by DMac »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:32 am
ardilla secreta wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:07 pm Jessica Pegula, daughter of Buffalo Bills owners Kim and Terry Pegula, def #13 ranked Victoria Azarenka in Aussie Open.
I love the Pegula family. One day soon they will hoist the Lombardi trophy with a million adoring Buffalo Bills fans in attendence. Josh Allen will do what Jim Kelly could not do...win a super bowl for Buffalo.
Looks as if Tommy Terrific, the undisputed GOAT and God of all gods, isn't quite ready to retire yet so Josh and his boys are gonna have to wait a little longer, I guess.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The Pegulas bought a Public BDC founded by M&T folks in the 1960s called Rand Capital that invests in early stage businesses throughout the country but has a a large concentration of investments in upstate NY (Rand was cheap, had a friend on the board). More likely than not it will migrate its investments away from upstate NY under the Pegula control but we will see.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:56 am :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Funny and yet sadly true at the same time.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:24 am
The Pegulas bought a Public BDC founded by M&T folks in the 1960s called Rand Capital that invests in early stage businesses throughout the country but has a a large concentration of investments in upstate NY (Rand was cheap, had a friend on the board). More likely than not it will migrate its investments away from upstate NY under the Pegula control but we will see.
I appreciate your perspective FFG but sometimes your analytical approach can be a real buzz kill. Besides, Kim Pegula is pretty damn hot for the lady who in reality runs the Buffalo Bills.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sorry, my dad was a lifelong Bills fan, starter jacket and mustache in the 1980s in all its glory like a standard WNY guy.

How do you think Terry Pegula gets a Kim Pegula exactly? (Or own the bills)?

Ever see the Ravens owner wife who was a 45yr old cheerleader banging one of the players?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

6x6

Post by 6x6 »

Super Bowl streaker. Cop clearly used excessive force and will surely receive additional sensitivity training, de escalation refresher etc.

D86C1280-194D-421A-97FB-2698DB6D41C7.jpeg
D86C1280-194D-421A-97FB-2698DB6D41C7.jpeg (170.19 KiB) Viewed 2631 times

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”