Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by AreaLax »

Maryland-Johns Hopkins Women’s Lacrosse Game Postponed

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- The Maryland women's lacrosse season opener at Johns Hopkins scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 14, has been postponed as mutually agreed upon out of an abundance of caution surrounding the health and safety of the participants due to positive COVID-19 testing results in the Blue Jays' program.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:52 pm Maryland-Johns Hopkins Women’s Lacrosse Game Postponed

COLLEGE PARK, Md. -- The Maryland women's lacrosse season opener at Johns Hopkins scheduled for Sunday, Feb. 14, has been postponed as mutually agreed upon out of an abundance of caution surrounding the health and safety of the participants due to positive COVID-19 testing results in the Blue Jays' program.
stunning developments that an athletic department with this webpage up (see top row)
https://hopkinssports.com/staff-directory

can't put out a lacrosse schedule, can't honestly admit there won't be a d3 spring season, although I'm unaware how cross country running can transmit the virus, keep athletes safe for one game, or disseminate information except through insider emails leaked onto blogs.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

:!:
AreaLax wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:52 pm Maryland-Johns Hopkins Women’s Lacrosse Game Postponed

Anyone want to admit the OSU game is in jeopardy now? I’ve got a bad feeling about this.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

Ohio State @ Hopkins has shown up in the ESPN App for a 1:00pm start on the 20th, broadcast on ESPN3. (No surprises here on either time or network)
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu08 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:53 am Ohio State @ Hopkins has shown up in the ESPN App for a 1:00pm start on the 20th, broadcast on ESPN3. (No surprises here on either time or network)
Nice spot. Also a game listed on ESPNU on 3/13 at 12pm. No teams specified but that could be ours against PSU.

I assume away games will be on BTN.

Fingers crossed they restart practice this week because if there is another extension of the campus pause then I agree with flalax that the 20th looks dicey. If they get back to it this week then I think they’ll still play next week but expectations should probably be tempered.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:12 am
jhu08 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 3:53 am Ohio State @ Hopkins has shown up in the ESPN App for a 1:00pm start on the 20th, broadcast on ESPN3. (No surprises here on either time or network)
Nice spot. Also a game listed on ESPNU on 3/13 at 12pm. No teams specified but that could be ours against PSU.

I assume away games will be on BTN.

Fingers crossed they restart practice this week because if there is another extension of the campus pause then I agree with flalax that the 20th looks dicey. If they get back to it this week then I think they’ll still play next week but expectations should probably be tempered.
My fear is that they play and get blown out and then I come here to read that the staff is incompetent. Im going to schedule a therapist appointment for the 22nd now.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

I don’t have any fears. If they take precautions, and are allowed to play, then I want them to have fun and do their best.

One game at a time. Improvement will come with each opportunity to represent.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:04 pm I don’t have any fears. If they take precautions, and are allowed to play, then I want them to have fun and do their best.

Absolutely the mantra for this year
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

primitiveskills wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:18 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:04 pm I don’t have any fears. If they take precautions, and are allowed to play, then I want them to have fun and do their best.

the quint commentary during this one should be a podcast of its own.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

According to the student paper, three students knew they had Covid and still attended last week's Wawa party. They're now facing expulsion.

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/article/2 ... -expulsion

Daily cases are back in the single digits. Barring another disaster in the next 36 hours, it seems like they will open up campus again on Thursday.

It would be nice to hear something—anything—from the athletic department by Thursday, given that there is a game on the schedule (at Homewood) in 11 days.

Jays come in at #18 in the latest coaches poll. Maryland is #5, Penn State is #6, Ohio State is #9, Rutgers is #16. Michigan is unranked. The RPI might suffer given the conference-only schedule, but there will be plenty of opportunities for "quality wins." Not that it matters. As mentioned, I'm just hoping the team we see in 2021 provides some reason for optimism for the next full, non-pandemic season.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm According to the student paper, three students knew they had Covid and still attended last week's Wawa party. They're now facing expulsion.

Daily cases are back in the single digits. Barring another disaster in the next 36 hours, it seems like they will open up campus again on Thursday.

It would be nice to hear something—anything—from the athletic department by Thursday, given that there is a game on the schedule (at Homewood) in 11 days.

Jays come in at #18 in the latest coaches poll. Maryland is #5, Penn State is #6, Ohio State is #9, Rutgers is #16. Michigan is unranked. The RPI might suffer given the conference-only schedule, but there will be plenty of opportunities for "quality wins." Not that it matters. As mentioned, I'm just hoping the team we see in 2021 provides some reason for optimism for the next full, non-pandemic season.
“Three students knew they had COVID and still attended last week’s Wawa party”

Yeah that’s about the easiest expulsion ever
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 pm

O/U 20 whinges about the Big Ten playing conference only and how duke and the ACC is doing it right
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm According to the student paper, three students knew they had Covid and still attended last week's Wawa party. They're now facing expulsion.

"at least half the students who attended were (women)"-are we sure this was a Hopkins party? Sigep/pike for example never had above 25 percent women.

Taking suggestions for quint bingo. "Duke is loaded" "canadian influence" "yale not playing, I feel bad for the kids""Outbreak""Campus was closed this fall not a lot of practice time""Sowers""Historic homewood field""Trying to develop this year""Making the ncaa tournament is a reach but would be a major accomplishment""Jameson""Milliman was an outside choice who knew the ad, raised eyebrows among alumni" "Hopkins approach to lacrosse has changed, the support of jerry schnydman isn't there anymore""Lot of new faces bob benson is at maryland""Free space, love your hair Anish""Have a lot of new faces""Have struggled a lot on defense and will struggle""Duke is loaded""Tierney""Fan expectations are too high, this isn't 1984 anymore""Duke""Epstein""Cornell Willis with binnoculars from the parking lot and a bullhorn""I can't wait to cover college hockey next week on espn+""Grimes""Don't have a lot of dodgers at midfield""I like X kid he's never seen""Kirson/transfers""The band""Can't smell the hot dogs""Grant Jr""Picture of Jameson as a player""Something about him having Hopkins 5th in b1g preseason"
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:43 pm

"at least half the students who attended were (women)"-are we sure this was a Hopkins party? Sigep/pike for example never had above 25 percent women.

Taking suggestions for quint bingo. "Duke is loaded" "canadian influence" "yale not playing, I feel bad for the kids""Outbreak""Campus was closed this fall not a lot of practice time""Sowers""Historic homewood field""Trying to develop this year""Making the ncaa tournament is a reach but would be a major accomplishment""Jameson""Milliman was an outside choice who knew the ad, raised eyebrows among alumni" "Hopkins approach to lacrosse has changed, the support of jerry schnydman isn't there anymore""Lot of new faces bob benson is at maryland""Free space, love your hair Anish""Have a lot of new faces""Have struggled a lot on defense and will struggle""Duke is loaded""Tierney""Fan expectations are too high, this isn't 1984 anymore""Duke""Epstein""Cornell Willis with binnoculars from the parking lot and a bullhorn""I can't wait to cover college hockey next week on espn+""Grimes""Don't have a lot of dodgers at midfield""I like X kid he's never seen""Kirson/transfers""The band""Can't smell the hot dogs""Grant Jr""Picture of Jameson as a player""Something about him having Hopkins 5th in b1g preseason"
I think he’s probably gonna say all of those but “I like X kid he’s never seen” made me laugh most
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu06 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 7:43 pm

“I wish you would!”
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

"too many miaa kids""ground balls have been a problem""stanwick spotted, reuse the infographic""Passive aggressive criticism of the hopkins administration""Mistakenly calls Milliman Petro""Passive aggressive support for trump+letting the kids play""the blue jay isn't wearing a mask, or pants-Blue Jay laid an egg following protocols #dadjoke""carc reference to SYYYYYRacuse""lsm has been an issue""It's bananas theres no bananas, haha carc #dadjoke""That ambulance emt painted like a blueman group screaming for a crease violation looks like cornell willis on the bullhorn with the binnoculars from the first half""ssdm has been an issue""goaltending has lacked consistency""no fans but heres schwartzman""Cole williams is back""move the season back""move the tournament to june""carc reference to SYYYYYRacuse""Do you notice I've been wearing the same jj threads wardrobe they gave me for free 10 years ago every season""anish is gray and I'm not even though I'm 15 years older than him and lets not talk about me out benching him, haha #dadbod, slacker""Clip of me from the 1989 national championship game, oh wait Petros gone, can we still use that""Why did carc cut peoples hair""I'm broadcasting from a basement""Look at our camera guys""Good with the stickwork""Lack athleticism""Good size""Carc misses the fan interaction""Quint takes a maga shot at the administration no fall ball, no fans, no parents, outbreak""Lack speed""Meyers""Picture of grant jr""LIE-ohlah""TowNsin""The truck"
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 6:07 pm
jhu06 wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:50 pm

O/U 20 whinges about the Big Ten playing conference only and how duke and the ACC is doing it right
British-ism or typo...?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

A little diversion as we await any further developments:

Comical Zoom Texas court hearing mishap:

wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:07 am A little diversion as we await any further developments:

Comical Zoom Texas court hearing mishap:

lol. i saw that this morning and should have thought of you.
"i am not a cat". sounds exactly like something a cat would say.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

- Our fellow blue birds at Delaware have also paused all athletic activity due to positive Covid test results. Their game with Villanova this weekend is postponed.

https://bluehens.com/news/2021/2/10/men ... poned.aspx

Doesn't really make me feel any less uneasy about our current situation but the fact of the matter is this can and will continue to happen at programs across the country this year. It's going to be a mess. The threshold for lacrosse teams to cancel or postpone games does not appear to be very high.

- Former Hop middie Matt Stagnitta started on attack for Jacksonville today against Bellarmine. Curious to see how he does down there. Came to Homewood with quite a pedigree but could just never really get it going.

- Also noticed Fox the Younger is no longer on the roster. We are now down to six giant (6'3''+) defensemen: Calnan, Lyne, Ruddy, Deans, McManus, and Rodgers.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”