NFL

General Chatter
youthathletics

Re: NFL

Post by youthathletics »

Rams win it.

Brady has been talking too much trash this post season, much more than years past. I will add, Wade Phillips knows the Patriots system and personnel quite well, he was able to pressure and get contact on Brady a few years back when the Broncos knocked them out. The challenge,..will Belichick and Brady devise a new scheme..I am not so sure they have the deep weapons to gain separation if Phillips takes away the Patriots bread and butter of quick slants. I expect to see Brady rely heavily on misdirection runs and roll-out flare passes to the backside in order to gain YAC, becuase Phillips will likely play pressure coverage on the line, limiting Brady's time to find an outlet, forcing their O-line to hold off the horses.

The Rams need Gurley and Anderson to make this all work. McVey is an offensive savant, he can recall plays from his Redskins days down to the game, qtr, and down/yardage. Will he over coach it....hope not.

Looking forward to a competitive game, sure hope its not a blow out just for the pure entertainment value.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Also a Rams fan tonight. When i moved from Boston in 1985 after living there for 8 years, the Pats hadn't won SQUAT and the Curse of the Bambino still had the Sox under its thumb. Well, the city has had a remarkable run ever since and it time it stopped, IMO.

Would love to see the Rams sack Tom Terrific into retirement, however, as a betting man, i would never bet against that Belicheat/Brady duo. That Edelman dude is something else too. With it likely being Gronks last game, i could see the team trying to put him in position to go out as the SB MVP...

Will the Saints be watching, or out drinking on Bourbon Street?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

dislaxxic wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 am Also a Rams fan tonight. When i moved from Boston in 1985 after living there for 8 years, the Pats hadn't won SQUAT and the Curse of the Bambino still had the Sox under its thumb. Well, the city has had a remarkable run ever since and it time it stopped, IMO.

Would love to see the Rams sack Tom Terrific into retirement, however, as a betting man, i would never bet against that Belicheat/Brady duo. That Edelman dude is something else too. With it likely being Gronks last game, i could see the team trying to put him in position to go out as the SB MVP...

... and I wouldn't bet against them considering how they have the referees in their pocket - no doubt those officials will have considerable impact on the outcome of the event later today ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Brooklyn wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:44 am
dislaxxic wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:24 am Also a Rams fan tonight. When i moved from Boston in 1985 after living there for 8 years, the Pats hadn't won SQUAT and the Curse of the Bambino still had the Sox under its thumb. Well, the city has had a remarkable run ever since and it time it stopped, IMO.

... and I wouldn't bet against them considering how they have the referees in their pocket - no doubt those officials will have considerable impact on the outcome of the event later today ...
Yawn. False narrative.
Division series - LA 5 penalties, 33 yds. NE 9, 75.
AFC Champ - KC 4, 28. NE 6, 61.

Plenty of reasons to not like NE or not want them to win, just don’t make stuff up.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You don't make it to the Super Bowl unless you're mighty darn good, and more often than not, having Lady Luck help you out a little on the journey. Rams D is tough, but the Saints marched down field on their first two possessions in the Conference Championship Game and that's where they lost it, IMO. Gotta figure you can't let the Pats do that. Saints walked away from those drives with six points which coulda/shoulda been 14. You knew when they didn't get it in the end zone on those drives it was trouble. Throw the blown call in and the Rams are playing with house money the way I see it. Could work for or against 'em mentally. Might feel as if they're more lucky to be there than deserving, or everything is going their way and it's their year to win it all.
No way you avoid butterflies and nerves for this one and you've got to figure the Pats have an advantage there. Awful lot of experience in the coaching staff and players on that team. Game feels as if it has the makings for a good one....we'll see.
Rack of ribs in the oven on the slow cook.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:50 pm
Yawn. False narrative.
Division series - LA 5 penalties, 33 yds. NE 9, 75.
AFC Champ - KC 4, 28. NE 6, 61.

Plenty of reasons to not like NE or not want them to win, just don’t make stuff up.

Reminds me of the old claims against the Boston Celtics in the Larry Bird days. Every time you breath in his direction you get a penalty. Then once the game is virtually decided and the Celts have an insurmountable lead, the refs start to engage in makeup calls so that at the end of the day, both teams have an equal amount of calls against them. Same claims were made against Bobby Knight's team when he coached Indiana.

Bottom line is, it's not so much the amount of calls made but when they are made and what impact they have during the course of the game. By the way, I was posting on a YT chat and many others made the same remarks I made above. Go have a look for yourself.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:28 pm Game feels as if it has the makings for a good one....we'll see.
Rack of ribs in the oven on the slow cook.

I'm also sure it will be a good one. Meantime am watching lax on YT.

Roast pork shoulder working in my oven.

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Goff played like dump, plain and simple. He looked like he saw a ghost the entire game. And if true the goal was to break huddle with less than 15 seconds....that backfired and gave damn near zero time for audibles. Kudos to Patriots.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Kudos to Pats - well executed game plan.

DMac

Post by DMac »

How bout dem Pats! Six rings for Tom Terrific, the GOAT, unarguably. Despite a less than stellar performance by the GOAT, his Super Bowl rings is now a two handed affair. Gotta figure he's approaching Michael Jordan goddom at this point. Can't remember seeing Tom as inaccurate as he was in this game. Wasn't giving his receivers a chance to catch the ball, finally did it with Gronk when it mattered a lot. But for Edelman though, the Pats don't win this game. Just an incredible player, MVP and deservedly so.
If I were coaching either one of these teams there'd have been far fewer punts in this game. If I'm in your territory on fourth and short, I'm going for it. Both teams punted when I wouldn't have, football minds need to change their thinking a little, IMO.
Adam Lavine had a good part of the population a little moist at half time. That boy took advantage of his Super Bowl half time exposure and just killed it. One of the best half time performances in recent memory......always been a fan of Maroon 5.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

CU77 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am Yep, I'm gonna skip the SB this year. Can't root for either team.
Skipped it I did. First time ever for me. Apparently I didn't miss much.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

You just have to respect the success Brady and Belichick have had together. How they do it like this year-in and year-out is nothing short of amazing...and has the rest of the football world jealous and very envious of their success. Agree that Edelman is a very deserving MVP, that is one TOUGH SOB! The Pats are largely a bunch of no-names outside the obvious ones, and that seems to be Belichick's greatest skill, getting top-level performance out of other teams cast-offs and undesireables.

It was a snooze fest for the most part...i had to fire up my copy of Super Bowl LII just to get the nasty taste out of my mouth.

Tom must have a fill-in-the-blank kind of contract situation, no? He sure doesn't show signs of slowing down...and he got roughed up a bit last night.

End of the day...hats off to Tom Terrific and the 6-time champs. Great for the city of Boston and New England in general...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

My daughter was born in 1998 and has been a New Englander all her life; she thinks this is what following teams is like. The hockey and basketball teams get one every four or five years, the baseball team wins a few every few years, and the Patriots go 6-3 in Super Bowls in her lifetime.

There is a little internet thing going around about Boston's 97-day professional sports title drought. Is it any wonder people hate the Patriots -- or love them?
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

You have to give some credit to the Rams defense for holding NE to only 13 points while having to go back on the field after countless 3 and outs. I think this game proves the real genius of the Pats is Belichick. While Brady is a technically excellent QB it’s Belichick with a rotation of talent and coaches that make this team click. He really made McVay look like a high school coach. Too bad the Saints and Brees weren’t the opponent. That would have made a much better game.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:48 pm A lot of folks agree:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/281 ... m=referral
It was a master class by Coach Belichick. Low scoring but a lot of tension. Ram did nothing all day but were never out of the game. They were just one fluke play away really.... Goff had a rough day:

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/02/super- ... -goff-rams
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:05 pm You have to give some credit to the Rams defense for holding NE to only 13 points while having to go back on the field after countless 3 and outs. I think this game proves the real genius of the Pats is Belichick. While Brady is a technically excellent QB it’s Belichick with a rotation of talent and coaches that make this team click. He really made McVay look like a high school coach. Too bad the Saints and Brees weren’t the opponent. That would have made a much better game.
I would have given them some credit if someone had figured out a way to stop # 11 from being wide open almost every play. That #11 he was quite the secret weapon. If only the Lambs had been aware of him. Who was that guy # 11 anyway? Where was coach b hiding that guy. The Lambs were completely caught off guard by that guy that is for sure. You would think after 3 quarters of play that the Lambs would have made an adjustment. New England and those damn secret weapons of theirs. Who was that guy #11 anyway?? :roll: Certainly the Lambs had never heard of him before this game.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

The Rams probably regret cutting Nick Foles.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Florida man Robert Kraft arrested for 2 counts of soliciting a prostitute.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Nice to see a billionaire getting enjoyment from trafficked sex slaves. Quite a humanitarian.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”