Marquette 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
MU Fan

Marquette 2019

Post by MU Fan »

I am looking forward to a great season. Are there any updates on the opening date of Marquette's new lacrosse facility?
Haga

Re: Marquette 2019

Post by Haga »

I understand the new MU Lacrosse facility will be opened in early February. The new home of MU Lacrosse right in the middle of campus, it looks like an amazing building - see link below:
https://www.marquette.edu/athletic-huma ... ch-center/

Strength of Schedule Question?
IL Pre-Season top 25 is out - MU missing- but will play 8 of the top 25 and 4 of the top 10 ranked teams. Does anyone know how our schedule holds up to others? I saw one top 10 team highlight they have 7 games against ranked opponents. I sure am looking forward to this season!
Haga

Post by Haga »

Found the Answer see below:

Marquette holds the #5 overall Strength of Schedule (SOS). If they play well and stay healthy that should be to their advantage.

Chris Jastrzembski
@CFJastrzembski
· Dec 5, 2018
Replying to @CFJastrzembski
Top 10 overall SOS goes like this:

1. @PennStateMLAX (.605)
2. @OhioStateMLAX (.588)
3. @Towson_MLAX (.582)
4. @jhumenslacrosse (.568)
5. @MarquetteMLax (.555)
6. @LoyolaMLAX (.553)
T7. @YaleLacrosse & @TigerLacrosse (.550)
9. @DrexelMLax (.544)
10. @UVAMensLax (.534)
Haga

Post by Haga »

Wonderful time at University of Maryland yesterday. As they are reporting on the MD Forum the score was 12-5 after 3rd Quarter. What they don’t say is that MU boys were up 5-1 and at the end of the first 5-3!

That is when we began subbing and MD’s subs were just better than MU subs. So much to be happy with and so much to learn from. I saw enough to know this can be a magical year for Marquette!
MU Fan

Post by MU Fan »

Hopkins tune-up was just what MU needed heading into their opening game next weekend.

Here is the skinny. 5-2 Hopkins at half. 8-8 when both pulled starters. Hopkins wins 10-9.

MU played all four goalies and was without some of our leading firepower.

Knowing the team will get stronger this was a great showing heading into Saturday’s opening match. May the lax world continue to underestimate MU, I think history shows the team plays best hungry and with something to prove.
Eagle Feather

Post by Eagle Feather »

MU Fan I think FanLax has helped ranking Marquette preseason #33. Should make everyone hungry!
Haga

Post by Haga »

MUFAN:

Thank you for the Hopkin's update. Sounds like our starters game them everything they could handle. Looking forward to a large home crowd on Saturday and the official beginning of the 2019 season!

WE ARE!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”