NFL

General Chatter
Cletus

Re: NFL

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:14 pm If Tommy Terrific pulls of a W he'll be the undisputed god of all gods. If he wins the SB he'll just be God. This is a mighty tough test for those Bucs against Arron and his Pack. The Pack has been on a roll, and looking pretty darn smooth. I don't see Tommy's boys winning but if Gronk catches the winning TD pass they're going to have to make a brighter gold jacket for their induction.
Bills-Chiefs, my Bills Mafia member friend sez Bills by 3.
Aint no more Norwood with the Bills.
I think anything Brady does from this point on is gravy. No one else comes close to his legendary status. It's already undisputed. I'm not a fan of Brady but I have to give credit where it is due.

Poor Scott Norwide--frozen in sports infamy.
Cletus

Re: Championship Weekend

Post by Cletus »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:33 pm Bills all the way. I have only been a fan since they drafted some guy named Simpson.
I remember those early days. It was exciting to watch the Bills the year Orenthal busted the 2000 yard mark.
cradleandshoot

Re: Championship Weekend

Post by cradleandshoot »

Cletus wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:23 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:33 pm Bills all the way. I have only been a fan since they drafted some guy named Simpson.
I remember those early days. It was exciting to watch the Bills the year Orenthal busted the 2000 yard mark.
You and me both. The juice was my hero of all athletes bar none. As a bills fan he was my hero. What he did broke my heart. Damn OJ was capable of amazing things with the football in his hands.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Gooooooooooooo. Bills. :D
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Tommy Terrific is so terrific he can throw three INTs and still win. His receivers dropped some right on the money key passes too. Bucs win 31-26. Pack goes for the FG??? Not a good move.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqvkIPBnqqs&t=160s
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:18 pm Tommy Terrific is so terrific he can throw three INTs and still win. His receivers dropped some right on the money key passes too. Bucs win 31-26. Pack goes for the FG??? Not a good move.
Any true Upstater detests Brady. Beating him in Tampa Bay would be even sweeter.
Bob Ross:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:18 pm Tommy Terrific is so terrific he can throw three INTs and still win. His receivers dropped some right on the money key passes too. Bucs win 31-26. Pack goes for the FG??? Not a good move.

Aaron Rodgers had the opportunity to break away for a run and come close to the first down but chose to pass. It didn't work. Am surprised Pack went for that FG as they did have momentum despite all.

Good game.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Poor Bill Belichick. He has to endure two more weeks of trolling and finger-pointing that he chased Brady out of town. I would put that guy on suicide watch, along with Robert Kraft. I bet Kraft is stabbing every picture he can find of Belichick with a pair of scissors. 😂

Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Cletus wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:42 pm Poor Bill Belichick. He has to endure two more weeks of trolling and finger-pointing that he chased Brady out of town. I would put that guy on suicide watch, along with Robert Kraft. I bet Kraft is stabbing every picture he can find of Belichick with a pair of scissors. 😂

Who you kidding? Kraft is gonna attend the SB in FLA so he can get another 'massage'.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Cletus

What a difference a Tom Brady makes...

Post by Cletus »

https://nypost.com/2021/02/01/tom-brady ... -amendola/

This is really no surprise, given the way Belichick has made an infamous name for himself by being rude and condescending to the press. No surprise his former players are speaking out against him.

And quarterbacks who have won diddley squat in the offseason don't even want to play for Belichick or the Cheatriots now.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/matthew-s ... -patriots/

Not even Matthew freaking Stafford. Trade me anywhere but there. How have the mighty fallen. I can hear Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" becoming Belichick's (and Bob Kraft's for that matter) theme song for this new chapter in the teams history. How appropriate.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: What a difference a Tom Brady makes...

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Cletus wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:17 pm https://nypost.com/2021/02/01/tom-brady ... -amendola/

This is really no surprise, given the way Belichick has made an infamous name for himself by being rude and condescending to the press. No surprise his former players are speaking out against him.

And quarterbacks who have won diddley squat in the offseason don't even want to play for Belichick or the Cheatriots now.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/31/matthew-s ... -patriots/

Not even Matthew freaking Stafford. Trade me anywhere but there. How have the mighty fallen. I can hear Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" becoming Belichick's (and Bob Kraft's for that matter) theme song for this new chapter in the teams history. How appropriate.
Matt Patricia.....
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Tom Brady = unapologetic tRUMPist.

USA Today column argues Tom Brady has gotten 'undeserved pass' for supporting Trump, cites 'white privilege'
Nancy Armour wrote a similar column in 2017 that argued Brady has 'some explaining to do' for Trump ties

https://www.foxnews.com/media/usa-today ... ting-trump

With Tom Brady days away from playing in his tenth Super Bowl, a USA Today sports columnist has taken aim at the NFL superstar over his past support of former President Donald Trump.

In a piece published Tuesday headlined, "Tom Brady has gotten an undeserved pass for his past support of Donald Trump," Nancy Armour accused the Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback of being "happy to talk politics until he wasn’t."

Armour cited the presence of a "Make America Great Again" hat in Brady's locker while he was a member of the New England Patriots and previous comments he made supporting his "friend" Trump before insisting it's no longer convenient to talk about the 45th president now that he's out of office and facing a second impeachment trial.

"How mighty white [sic] of him," Armour wrote. "Brady’s ability to enter and exit the debate at his choosing, to shield himself from accountability, is the height of white [sic] privilege. As this country grapples with the far reaches of systemic racism, look no further than Brady, for whom the expectations, and allowances granted, will always be different."

Armour agreed with comments made by Pro Football Hall of Famer Shannon Sharpe, who argued that someone like LeBron James would never get away with being associated with someone like Nation of Islam leader and famed anti-Semite Louis Farrakhan the way Brady has associated with Trump.

"In theory, it should not matter whether Brady supports Trump, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez or someone somewhere in between on the political spectrum. He has a right to his private views," Armour wrote. "But it was Brady himself who chose to make those private views public. If you think that MAGA hat just happened to wind up in his locker – at camera level, not buried at the bottom beneath a pile of cleats and clothes – I have a case of TB12 supplements to sell you. Brady has carefully cultivated his image over his 21-year career, whether it be his style or his social media posts, and he knew just what kind of reaction he would get.

"Brady has had the chance – several, in fact – to clarify or walk back his comments and has chosen not to ... Instead, Brady has been allowed to divorce himself from it while Black athletes are made to own their views in perpetuity," she continued. "It might seem petty to bring up Brady's moral cowardice now, when the 43-year-old is accomplishing things unlikely to ever be seen again in the NFL. But celebrating what he's done while turning a blind eye to what he has not is a privilege Brady does not deserve."

Armour, who wrote a similar column prior to Super Bowl 51 in 2017 that insisted that Brady "has some explaining to do" and "no longer gets a pass on his friendship with Donald Trump," promoted her latest effort on Twitter, writing "Tom Brady’s politics aren’t the problem. It’s his refusal to recognize that his ability to enter and exit the debate when he chooses, to shield himself from accountability, is a privilege that Black and brown athletes don’t have."

Armour's tweet and op-ed received a hostile response from critics.

"What are you talking about?" PJ media writer Jim Treacher reacted. "Just because he allows himself to be photographed with Trump? I hate Tom Brady and politics has nothing to do with it."

"140 million Americans over two elections voted for Trump - many of them black and brown. Your column is ridiculous," GOP strategist Chris Barron told Armour.

"Yeah you wrote this exact same thing in 2017 too. Your particular brand of amateur s---stirring for clicks is a bigger problem than Tom Brady is," conservative commentator Stephen Miller wrote.

Well, at least he's not openly defending him like he did in the past. ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

the latest on Kap:

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Coast Guard honors Emlen Tunnell, war hero, football great and first Black Giant

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/co ... d=msedgntp

Before he became the first Black player inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame, Emlen Tunnell served in the Coast Guard during and after World War II, where he was credited with saving the lives of two shipmates in separate incidents.

Now, a Coast Guard cutter and an athletic building on the Coast Guard Academy campus are being named in honor of the former NFL defensive back, who died in 1975, as the service aims to highlight his little-known story and its own efforts to do better when it comes to race and celebrating diversity ...

A true hero.

DMac

Post by DMac »

Nice.
Angus

Super Bowl - Rooting for...?

Post by Angus »

I'm going to enjoy the end result no matter who wins, no matter what the score is or margin of victory. If Brady wins, Belichick gets his nose rubbed in his own crud some more, and rightfully so. If Brady loses--Deflategate Karma. AHAHAHAHaaaaa!!! Either way--AHAHAHAHaaaaa!!!
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

1991 Super Bowl XXV at Raymond James Stadium - Tampa FL - 30 Years ago on the eve of the First Gulf War
The BEST Rendition of the National Anthem EVER by the late Whitney Houston

DMac

Post by DMac »

Tommy Terrific to Gronk. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!
7-3 Bucs. No semblance of Quint and Anish
with the broadcasting duo. These two are good.

Tommy Terrific to Gronk X 2. TOUCHDOWN!!!!
14-3.
Angus

Post by Angus »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:15 pm Tommy Terrific to Gronk. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

14-3.
That’s a lethal combination. You have to think the Chiefs will start paying more attention to Gronk which will then leave other receivers open.
jhu93

Post by jhu93 »

DMac wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:15 pm Tommy Terrific to Gronk. TOUCHDOWN!!!!!

14-3.
Just like death and taxes, it was a given that Brady's team would get all of the calls.

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”