Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:20 pm That’s the concern of most centrists that read the law. You can say the last minute abortions won’t happen, but the legislation says that it technically can.

There’s a common-sense chain of morality.

You can’t be pro-life and pro-death penalty.
You can’t be pro-abortion and anti-war.
You can’t be pro-abortion and pro civil rights.

Centrists? :lol: Everybody thinks they represent the center and are the true voice of reason. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:49 pm If the pregnant women has been going to see her OB all along these issues would have been determined a long time ago.

I looked and I could not find detailed instructions about how these new baby murdering procedures are to be implemented. My guess is that the brain damaged Democrats that run NYS never thought that far ahead. I do know how this game is played even with all of the faux outrage from you folks here at this forum. My guess is many of you are so morally bankrupt that you don't know either and nor do you care. So long as the sacred sacrament of abortion on demand is preserved that is all that matters to all of you.
Exactly. These decisions are not made by someone thinking they want an abortion at 8.5 months and getting it signed off after a few minutes.

This is why it goes from 0 to 10 real quick. You make some good points in terms of who should have a say in the matter. But then you jump from that to brain dead and sheepdip and morally bankrupt and no reasoning at all when you talk about your opponents. You're so enraged by what may happen once in a blue moon that you don't see what will happen 99.999% of the time.

Do you trust your wife to make that decision about a patient if she had to? A Nurse Practitioner is 6-8 years of medical schooling, then add on how ever many years they've been on the job and you've got someone pretty damn good at their job.

But in the end it's not an argument of semantics or what protections we should have in place to you, you think that thousands of babies are going to suddenly be murdered at 9 months because someone gives an ok on a whimsy. That's why it's insanely frustrating discussing these delicate matters. You are a hammer seeing everything as a nail.

You think you're on a high horse, but you're in the mud with the rest of humanity and never realize it. I care as much as you do, but you'll never realize or acknowledge it. You've gone through your entire life being handed everything without realizing it, including what you think are the answers, but life is much more complicated than you or I will ever know.

Enjoy thinking you're better than everyone else. You're not.

You don't have to defend yourself to this wanker. It is obvious to anyone who cares to see, that this issue does concern you and the easy answers aren't answers for you (or me, or 50% of the human race). He on the other hand has outsourced his thinking making use of the "god dodge". The 50% who don't agree with his simple answer are just evil.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:53 am
holmes435 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:49 pm If the pregnant women has been going to see her OB all along these issues would have been determined a long time ago.

I looked and I could not find detailed instructions about how these new baby murdering procedures are to be implemented. My guess is that the brain damaged Democrats that run NYS never thought that far ahead. I do know how this game is played even with all of the faux outrage from you folks here at this forum. My guess is many of you are so morally bankrupt that you don't know either and nor do you care. So long as the sacred sacrament of abortion on demand is preserved that is all that matters to all of you.
Exactly. These decisions are not made by someone thinking they want an abortion at 8.5 months and getting it signed off after a few minutes.

This is why it goes from 0 to 10 real quick. You make some good points in terms of who should have a say in the matter. But then you jump from that to brain dead and sheepdip and morally bankrupt and no reasoning at all when you talk about your opponents. You're so enraged by what may happen once in a blue moon that you don't see what will happen 99.999% of the time.

Do you trust your wife to make that decision about a patient if she had to? A Nurse Practitioner is 6-8 years of medical schooling, then add on how ever many years they've been on the job and you've got someone pretty damn good at their job.

But in the end it's not an argument of semantics or what protections we should have in place to you, you think that thousands of babies are going to suddenly be murdered at 9 months because someone gives an ok on a whimsy. That's why it's insanely frustrating discussing these delicate matters. You are a hammer seeing everything as a nail.

You think you're on a high horse, but you're in the mud with the rest of humanity and never realize it. I care as much as you do, but you'll never realize or acknowledge it. You've gone through your entire life being handed everything without realizing it, including what you think are the answers, but life is much more complicated than you or I will ever know.

Enjoy thinking you're better than everyone else. You're not.

You don't have to defend yourself to this wanker. It is obvious to anyone who cares to see, that this issue does concern you and the easy answers aren't answers for you (or me, or 50% of the human race). He on the other hand has outsourced his thinking making use of the "god dodge". The 50% who don't agree with his simple answer are just evil.
72 when a jerk such as yourself wants to call be a wanker that is about the highest compliment I could ever receive. :P You can go back to cowering in the corner now about CC.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

If we only could find a way to talk to each other, like we were face to face.....

You actually don't have to "win" to make your point.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Double post
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:23 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:20 pm That’s the concern of most centrists that read the law. You can say the last minute abortions won’t happen, but the legislation says that it technically can.

Centrists? :lol: Everybody thinks they represent the center and are the true voice of reason. :lol:
Talk to AFan about the voice of reason and what constitutes “centrists.” Pretty sure they’re everywhere. And represent the vast majority of this country.

Beyond your smilies, perhaps you could tell me what you deem to be the logical fallacy of my statements?
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Not a good look for the governor who pushed a similar late-term abortion law in Virginia:

https://twitter.com/davidfolkenflik/sta ... 17794?s=12

Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Needs to resign, the sooner the better.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:16 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:23 am

Talk to AFan about the voice of reason and what constitutes “centrists.” Pretty sure they’re everywhere. And represent the vast majority of this country.

Beyond your smilies, perhaps you could tell me what you deem to be the logical fallacy of my statements?

There is no logic to your statement -- IT IS YOUR OPINION, as to how centrists read the law. I am a centrist and totally disagree with your reading.

Even the terminology you use shows your bias and unwillingness to consider the position of the other side. "Pro-abortion" is no way to characterize anyone's position in this discussion if it is your intent to have a dialog, to understand. THERE IS NOT A SINGLE INDIVIDUAL ANYWHERE THAT IS PRO-ABORTION!!!! This is just one more labeling effort of the right to try to demonize those they disagree with. Same as C&S' holier than though sermonizing, his speaking for god.

The fact is, Holmes and others are not pro-abortion, they are pro-life. The life of the mother, the life of the fetus. Meaningful life. The only person who can make that decision is the individual who is living the life. Not you, not me, and not a clown pretending to be speaking for god.

It is absurd for anyone to believe that a woman is going to carry a fetus for 8+ months, and on a whim abort the fetus. This has got to be one of the most difficult decisions any human being could possibly make. You have to have a pretty low opinion of all other humans to believe that such decisions are made cavalierly by anyone.
Last edited by jhu72 on Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Andersen wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:19 am Needs to resign, the sooner the better.

The standard applied to him should be the same one applied to Trump when his past sins have been disclosed to the public.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:54 am
Andersen wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:19 am Needs to resign, the sooner the better.

The standard applied to him should be the same one applied to Trump when his past sins have been disclosed to the public.
It is somewhat refreshing that a politician immediately owned up to it, to what is obvious to all. No denial, no logic chopping, no obfuscation. I know nothing about this individual, but based on that one fact he is worthy of a second chance in my opinion. Compare that to Agent Orange's behavior, an individual clearly not worthy of any further consideration of forgiveness.
old salt

Post by old salt »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:00 pm It is somewhat refreshing that a politician immediately owned up to it, to what is obvious to all. No denial, no logic chopping, no obfuscation. I know nothing about this individual, but based on that one fact he is worthy of a second chance in my opinion. Compare that to Agent Orange's behavior, an individual clearly not worthy of any further consideration of forgiveness.
.:lol:. ...yes, very refreshing. A Soviet agent planted that pic in his yearbook.

He was playing Devil's Triangle & boofing at that party. Too drunk to remember.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Northam is now claiming he is not so certain he is in the photo. Apparently taking a page out of Agent Orange's playbook. :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:22 pm Northam is now claiming he is not so certain he is in the photo. Apparently taking a page out of Agent Orange's playbook. :roll:

It is a page out of "shaggy's" playbook.....It wasn't me....or Dennis Rodman.....
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The fact is, Holmes and others are not pro-abortion, they are pro-life. The life of the mother, the life of the fetus. Meaningful life. The only person who can make that decision is the individual who is living the life. Not you, not me, and not a clown pretending to be speaking for god.
You are partially correct, and you mind is getting there: The baby is the individual “living the life.” So the mother (or doctor, or PA, or attending nurse etc) should not be able to make a decision that determines “meaningful life” or death of another person...
I’m espousing an argument for civil rights. It is about a hands-off of a position as there can be.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Duplicate
DMac

Post by DMac »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm65]

[/b]
You are partially correct, and you mind is getting there: The baby is the individual “living the life.” So the mother (or doctor, or PA, or attending nurse etc) should not be able to make a decision that determines "meaningful life" or death of another person...
I’m espousing an argument for civil rights. It is about a hands-off of a position as there can be.
Doesn't this happen regularly with people who are hooked up to, and only surviving because of, life support equipment? When they tell/ask the doc to pull the plug haven't they determined there's no meaningful life left for that person?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm
You are partially correct, and you mind is getting there: The baby is the individual “living the life.” So the mother (or doctor, or PA, or attending nurse etc) should not be able to make a decision that determines “meaningful life” or death of another person...
It is not a baby until delivered. It is not an individual. Who choses between mother and fetus? A mother with a couple of other living young children who depend on her. Who speaks for those living children, when a choice has to be made between fetus and mother?? Who speaks for a clearly defective fetus, prior to birth. A fetus with no chance for a meaningful life. A fetus that if it survives will never be capable of making a decision for itself. Sorry, the only person who can make these choices is the mother.

These are case by case decisions, and some third party, the state, the church, their rules will get the answer wrong far more often than right.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DMac wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:02 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:44 pm65]

[/b]
You are partially correct, and you mind is getting there: The baby is the individual “living the life.” So the mother (or doctor, or PA, or attending nurse etc) should not be able to make a decision that determines "meaningful life" or death of another person...
Doesn't this happen regularly with people who are hooked up to, and only surviving because of, life support equipment? When they tell/ask the doc to pull the plug haven't they determined there's no meaningful life left for that person?
… and this is a place where the state sticks their nose in and does nothing but cause problems by forcing people who want to move on, to linger.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:00 pm
Needs to resign, the sooner the better.

It is somewhat refreshing that a politician immediately owned up to it, to what is obvious to all. No denial, no logic chopping, no obfuscation. I know nothing about this individual, but based on that one fact he is worthy of a second chance in my opinion. Compare that to Agent Orange's behavior, an individual clearly not worthy of any further consideration of forgiveness.

Exactly.

When it is a Democrat whose past behavior is questioned, the response is an immediate demand for his resignation.

When it is a Republican whose past or present behavior is questioned, the immediate response is let he who is without sin cast the first stone. Thereafter we see a myriad of excuses as to why everyone needs to disregard his behavior.

I say it is time to finally apply a uniform application of standards for all. It's only fair.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”