All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Climate Change & The Environment: A Green New Deal

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/other/j ... i-BB1dmbvy

You had another option DUMBASS, you could have stayed home and accepted the award. An arrogant, elitist jerk such as yourself probably never thought of that option. :roll: That is why I keep keep saying the leadership cabal of the environmental freak circus are the biggest hypocrites on the planet they want to save while getting uber wealthy at the same time. It is so sad that most of you sheep just keep following these people wherever they lead you and never even say baaaaah about doing so. :roll: I'm wondering which of you sheep out there will be the first one to step up to the plate and defend the ketchup kid? The ketchup kid is one of those people the democrats should have thanked for his service and put his ass out to pasture 4 years ago. Send him to France and buy him a chateau and let him drink fine cognac and nibble on escargot and keep his fluency in French and his inane boorish conversations. The French eat that stuff right up, with no ketchup of course. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:56 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:17 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:10 pm Like restricting fracking & stopping KXL in mid construction, so we become dependent on ME oil again.
Oh, so you DO understand that government does indeed effect our economic choices, and that we CHOSE those gas cars.

Back in my camp, are we? :lol: ;)

BTW, that second pipeline has nothing to do with ME oil. It's about money.

And also btw, I disagree completely with Biden's BS Keystone move that was nothing but pointless theater.
Yes. As disciused, we chose gas cars over the horse & buggy.

Right now, the Canadian crude goes to US refineries AND ships to China from US Gulf Ports. If KXL is dead, the Chinese will fund a pipeline to BC & they'll suck up all that cheaper Canadian crude that is now feeding US mid-continent & Gulf coast refineries. Bakken (ND & MT) crude is limited by takeaway capacity which KXL would help relieve. When US refineries can't get enough US or Canadian crude, they import, much from the ME & Venezuela. KXL would allow for the export of US & Canadian crude from US Gulf state ports.

It's not only about $$$. It's energy security -- not depending on crude from unreliable, unstable, adversarial nations.
Are you saying that we don't produce enough oil and gas in the US to support our country's needs in extremis? Not a matter simply of price, but actually not enough?

And that if, say, the US and China actually were in a hot war our neighbor Canada would continue to ship to China rather than diverting to the US?

I'm not buying that on it's face, but am open to details that show otherwise.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Who wants to start a business with me?

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:42 am Who wants to start a business with me?

Yeah, transition periods can be a BEAR, especially when elements of the transition are so oppositional... ;)

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:42 am Who wants to start a business with me?

Yep. The future is stupid....along with the people.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

You nailed it.. :lol:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:55 am

Yeah, transition periods can be a BEAR, especially when elements of the transition are so oppositional... ;)

I'm guessing that's your car dis? ;)
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Actually it's my generator, while trying to light up my turnip patch, the generator was getting a little slow, so i thought i'd juice it up a little at this hapless lib's expense. Sucked it's batteries dry! Dontcha just LUV owning libs??

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:57 am

Sounds like your work here is done Mr. Omniscient. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:26 am

Sounds like your work here is done Mr. Omniscient. :lol:
No. Your work is. “The future is stupid”. That’s funny. :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

Does it make this the "Past Stupid"?

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Carroll81 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:53 am Does it make this the "Past Stupid"?

No b/c I can syphon gas from your car, to get mine moving again. Currently you can not transfer battery supply from car to car.
~Livy

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

:lol:
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:15 am Actually it's my generator, while trying to light up my turnip patch, the generator was getting a little slow, so i thought i'd juice it up a little at this hapless lib's expense. Sucked it's batteries dry! Dontcha just LUV owning libs??

.. :lol: :lol: :lol: I forgot yellow man that you do have a sense of humor buried deep in the bottom of your progressive soul. I guessing you let it out once a year to go to the bathroom and stretch its legs.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:08 pm
Carroll81 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:53 am Does it make this the "Past Stupid"?

No b/c I can syphon gas from your car, to get mine moving again. Currently you can not transfer battery supply from car to car.
You can't forget about that pesky little problem with those damn batteries catching fire. I'm guessing most environmental minded folks keep a box of graham crackers, a bag of marshmallows and a hershey bar in the back seat " just in case" :D
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:47 am
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 3:10 pm Like restricting fracking & stopping KXL in mid construction, so we become dependent on ME oil again.
Oh, so you DO understand that government does indeed effect our economic choices, and that we CHOSE those gas cars.

And also btw, I disagree completely with Biden's BS Keystone move that was nothing but pointless theater.

Right now, the Canadian crude goes to US refineries AND ships to China from US Gulf Ports. If KXL is dead, the Chinese will fund a pipeline to BC & they'll suck up all that cheaper Canadian crude that is now feeding US mid-continent & Gulf coast refineries. Bakken (ND & MT) crude is limited by takeaway capacity which KXL would help relieve. When US refineries can't get enough US or Canadian crude, they import, much from the ME & Venezuela. KXL would allow for the export of US & Canadian crude from US Gulf state ports.

It's not only about $$$. It's energy security -- not depending on crude from unreliable, unstable, adversarial nations.

If we don't get it from Canada, it comes from Venezuela or the ME.
Are you saying that we don't produce enough oil and gas in the US to support our country's needs in extremis? Not a matter simply of price, but actually not enough?

And that if, say, the US and China actually were in a hot war our neighbor Canada would continue to ship to China rather than diverting to the US?

Where were you in the '70's. Why do you think we maintain a strategic oil reserve.

Are you against the US being a net oil & refined products exporter, or do you prefer that your Chinese friends get the Canadian crude we would get via KXL, while we import from Venezuela & the ME.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Where were you in the '70's. Why do you think we maintain a strategic oil reserve.

Are you against the US being a net oil & refined products exporter, or do you prefer that your Chinese friends get the Canadian crude we would get via KXL, while we import from Venezuela & the ME.
Was that supposed to be an answer? :?

I'm enthusiastic about the US maintaining a sound strategic reserve and to be a net exporter going forward (as we are), while at the same time dramatically reducing reliance on carbon fuels where we can. There's a ton of room for such reduction and indeed it's in our strong strategic interest to do so.

But I asked about in extremis, no exporting, rather everything directed to domestic/military usage. Not enough?

And I asked about whether you really think our Canadian allies wouldn't happily divert their oil to the US via US tankers rather than to the Chinese? Seems to me that's not a remotely close call in such a situation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 2:48 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 12:59 pm

Was that supposed to be an answer? :?

I'm enthusiastic about the US maintaining a sound strategic reserve and to be a net exporter going forward (as we are), while at the same time dramatically reducing reliance on carbon fuels where we can. There's a ton of room for such reduction and indeed it's in our strong strategic interest to do so.

But I asked about in extremis, no exporting, rather everything directed to domestic/military usage. Not enough?

And I asked about whether you really think our Canadian allies wouldn't happily divert their oil to the US via US tankers rather than to the Chinese? Seems to me that's not a remotely close call in such a situation.
We beat this to death on LP when we had a petroleum engineer onboard to explain how different grades of crude come from different regions & refineries are set up to only refine certain grades. We might have a net equilibrium, while exporting US & Canadian crude, while also importing ME & Venezuelan crude to some refineries who require it. Plus, some refineries located away from our mid-continent pipelines can be more cheaply supplied via shipboard delivery of imported crude. We are also hindered by the law requiring that oil moving between US ports be carried on US flagged ships. KXL's capacity is critical to the Canadian bitumen projects already being built, because KXL was approved. Cancelling it now will be disruptive to the global oil market, driving energy prices up (part of the green strategy) & (when combined with fracking restrictions) will reduce the availability of North American crude, helping Venezuela, Russia & the ME. Even if a pipeline to BC is eventually approved, the price will not make it competitive for export compared to KXL feeding US refineries & ports for export, which already exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petroleum ... ted_States
https://www.energy.ca.gov/data-reports/ ... refineries
https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=37073
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Why would the van need to gas powered?...I don't get it...must be that I'm stupid...
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:38 pm

Why would the van need to gas powered?...I don't get it...must be that I'm stupid...
You said it, not me. ;)
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”