Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:55 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 am https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/arti ... 880918.php

This gives me a little bit of leeway to be able to accuse MD lax fan of being guilty of institutional racism. Shame on you, what a despicable white racist you really are. Your rich on top of it all... sarcasm font is on ;) Time for you to pony up some bling bling to make up for all the bad things you and your white run state have done. I thought this womans conclusions were justified in some respect and exaggerated in others. It is hard for me to see a gentleman like MD Lax condoning such behavior over decades in his own state. So who has dropped the ball on this in your state MD? What this Maryland House speaker has to say about the history of your state over the last decades in not very flattering.
Maryland is explained much like the long running cities.....the problem became circular; both sides needed each other, only difference the politicians were in it for different reasons.

I don't blame this woman, but she has her hands full. Maryland is blessed with DC as our neighbor and the state/feds employee a very large population of blacks...majority live in PG County. PGC was gerrymandered decades and decades ago, as urban sprawl grew its legs....but those in charge were certain to keep certain districts in check...mainly those that were just outside the city. IMO, she does have a legitimate gripe about a few things...but it sure ain't all bad in Md, she too is taking advantage of current events.

This article is quite in-depth in showing how sneaky and complex gerrymandering can be.
Your take was my take. She is starting her negotiation asking for quite a bit. If she gets half of what she wants she will be a winner.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Truth/wisdom from Greenwald:

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-ne ... -terror-is

"The New Domestic War on Terror is Coming"

"Anyone who, despite all this, still harbors lingering doubts that the Capitol riot is and will be the neoliberal 9/11, and that a new War on Terror is being implemented in its name, need only watch the two short video clips below, which will clear their doubts for good. It is like being catapulted by an unholy time machine back to Paul Wolfowitz’s 2002 messaging lab."
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:19 am Truth/wisdom from Greenwald:

https://greenwald.substack.com/p/the-ne ... -terror-is

"The New Domestic War on Terror is Coming"

"Anyone who, despite all this, still harbors lingering doubts that the Capitol riot is and will be the neoliberal 9/11, and that a new War on Terror is being implemented in its name, need only watch the two short video clips below, which will clear their doubts for good. It is like being catapulted by an unholy time machine back to Paul Wolfowitz’s 2002 messaging lab."
Good.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:16 am https://www.greenwichtime.com/news/arti ... 880918.php

This gives me a little bit of leeway to be able to accuse MD lax fan of being guilty of institutional racism. Shame on you, what a despicable white racist you really are. Your rich on top of it all... sarcasm font is on ;) Time for you to pony up some bling bling to make up for all the bad things you and your white run state have done. I thought this womans conclusions were justified in some respect and exaggerated in others. It is hard for me to see a gentleman like MD Lax condoning such behavior over decades in his own state. So who has dropped the ball on this in your state MD? What this Maryland House speaker has to say about the history of your state over the last decades in not very flattering.
:D

I don't know much about either of these gals, but I do know Wes Moore and really like him.

Sounds like they have the bit in their teeth and finally have some power to drive some serious change.

Yes, there's been a ton of institutional racism in MD...much of it through the Dem Party as well as the GOP.

I'm a bit uncomfortable with branding this a Black Agenda, because I see much of this agenda as ultimately benefiting all Marylanders, but I see why they're blowing the bugle so loudly.

I liked this part:

"We know we have a lot of work to do," Griffith said. "Work has been going on for decades . . . We've dealt with the symptoms, we did not necessarily focus on the root causes."

Griffith said some might view her group's recommendations as incremental, or say they will take a long time to make a difference, but she disagrees.

"The results may not be fast, but they will be measurable, impactful and sustainable," she said.

I too would say that there were lots of well-meaning (by some) actions to address 'symptoms' but embedded in that was a bigotry of sorts that wasn't willing to really go to the root. And thus, unintended consequences.

I think this is a much more constructive, though challenging, approach.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

progressives are just smarter and more practical than are the cons - this is illustrated by the very utilitarian gloves used by Senator Bernie:

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:56 pm Nice job....embarrassing: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKh-zL7ngo8 ... 0rx0qrt24y
Link doesn't work.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

The link worked for me, but here's what it's about: progressive Democrat councilman in Los Angeles stumbles over the pledge of allegiance. This is important to CONservatives, who always value style and performance over substance.

https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... allegiance
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:27 pm The link worked for me, but here's what it's about: progressive Democrat councilman in Los Angeles stumbles over the pledge of allegiance. This is important to CONservatives, who always value style and performance over substance.

he get confused about the one nation under god part??? :D Maybe he thought it should read god is under the nations control? :D
Bob Ross:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:50 pm
CU77 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:27 pm The link worked for me, but here's what it's about: progressive Democrat councilman in Los Angeles stumbles over the pledge of allegiance. This is important to CONservatives, who always value style and performance over substance.

he get confused about the one nation under god part??? :D Maybe he thought it should read god is under the nations control? :D
Maybe because that line was not in the original pledge, but added by Congress (1930s?)...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:56 pm

Maybe because that line was not in the original pledge, but added by Congress (1930s?)...
:roll: :lol: :lol: Yea...give him a pass as an elected government official by blaming it on a change from 1930. GMAFB. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

Maybe if T**** had had his army recite the pledge at his Jan. 6 rally, they would have not only pledged allegiance to the US, but would have practiced it as well.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

RedFromMI wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 1:56 pm

I know that, it was added in circa 1950s to calm the fears about the red tide. They could keep it in or take it out it does not matter to me one bit.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:50 pm Maybe if T**** had had his army recite the pledge at his Jan. 6 rally, they would have not only pledged allegiance to the US, but would have practiced it as well.
Very good point...
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 pm progressives are just smarter and more practical than are the cons - this is illustrated by the very utilitarian gloves used by Senator Bernie:

Too bad they're mittens, not gloves. Progressives aren't as smart as they think they are.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Nigel wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:34 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 pm progressives are just smarter and more practical than are the cons - this is illustrated by the very utilitarian gloves used by Senator Bernie:

Too bad they're mittens, not gloves. Progressives aren't as smart as they think they are.

Thanks One L Hilary.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

These are the words colleges don't want you to say:

https://www.campusreform.org/article?id=16731

:lol:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:46 pm

Thanks One L Hilary.
Nah, One L would've said gloves and mittens are not synonymous. :lol:
RIP
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

DMac wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 10:00 am
Brooklyn wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:46 pm

https://media.gq.com/photos/60088fc15e6 ... ves-v2.jpg

Thanks One L Hilary.
Nah, One L would've said gloves and mittens are not synonymous. :lol:
RIP

:lol:

Return to “POLITICS”