Conservative Ideology 2024: NOTHING BUT LIES AND FEARMONGERING

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
wahoomurf

Re: The GOP, Past and Future Direction

Post by wahoomurf »

A BLACK WOMAN may represent Dorchester in Congress?. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/us/p ... setts.html
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

No "MAY" about it...she has no opposition in the general...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wahoomurf wrote:A BLACK WOMAN may represent Dorchester in Congress?. Never thought I'd live to see the day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/04/us/p ... setts.html
Sings were all over Hyde Park, Dorchester and Murderpan.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The collective cowardice of the GOP in the face of an utterly amoral, unfit president will never be forgotten. “Republican” will be like “Tory.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Its so nice for the demmcrats to show their true colors once again.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

WH employee pops smoke. The Woodward book is accurate. He is nuts. Turn on your TV. He’s wigging out.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Just saw him give some staggering good numbers about employment, historical numbers BTW....that must burn the left up. :o
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

He assembled a group of fat white cops to clap for his attack on the press.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Stay on topic Trinity......it must also burn you up the country is doing so well but those beautiful numbers he so eloquently spoke. :lol:

Hanging on to some theory that Trump is impulsive or erratic is silly, news flash.......everyone already knew that before he was even elected, the left is beating a dead horse.
~Livy

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s your future, for good or ill. Cling tight
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Actually no....he's OUR future. That may be part of your problem....instead of finding fault in everything, find the good like those numbers he just reported on with the Fat White cops you also don't like. Life is much simpler if you stop hating...seriously.
~Livy

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Stay on topic? This is the GOP thread. And yeah, sure, Trump’s eloquent.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

umm, have Bandito and youthathletics ever been seen in the same room together... :?:

Just axin'

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Not that I know of and I can assure you there is only 1 of me, God knows it should stay that way. ;)
~Livy

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote:Not that I know of and I can assure you there is only 1 of me, God knows it should stay that way. ;)
One is plenty, :D
But let me say that, like your avatar (and unlike Bandito), you do often find a way to see "the glass is half full" and make rational points more often than not.

By contrast, Bandito's full-on bought into the Trumpist far-right nut job agenda and cult of personality, no caveats or subtlety of thought... at all.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote:
Bandito wrote:Racists/white supremacists use and used the word 'monkey' to demean African Americans; they did it as Dems back when Dems did include that element and today as Republicans, now that they are found within, and tolerated by, the GOP.

are you suggesting that the intentions matter???

i ask because aFan said it's offensive language.

Just to be clear, Chairman, those are my words in the quote, not Bandito's.

Absolutely, intentions matter.

As others have expressed, DeSantis should have known (if he didn't) that the word should be avoided in that context. He has a plenty wide enough vocabulary to have expressed himself cogently and forcefully without it.

But as I explained, it could simply have been a flub, a stumble, a mistake.

If so, easy peasy to correct with a quick apology. But he chose to go the other way, which means he cares more about appealing to racists than not.

So, intentions matter.
if thats true, then words arent inherently offensive.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

dislaxxic wrote:umm, have Bandito and youthathletics ever been seen in the same room together... :?:

Just axin'

I don't agree a lot with youth on a good chunk of the issues, but he seems to have a good head on his shoulders and speaks coherently - I imagine if we had a beer together we'd find a lot more in common than not.

Bandito on the other hand can't really comprehend simple facts, regardless of his positions. Seems like he is a bit of a try-hard in getting people riled up.
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote:Actually no....he's OUR future. That may be part of your problem....instead of finding fault in everything, find the good like those numbers he just reported on with the Fat White cops you also don't like. Life is much simpler if you stop hating...seriously.
Finding the good is fine.

The problem arrives when you ask: what did Trump do to get those numbers? And when you start asking those questions, you realize that Houston, we have a problem.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

That's exactly how i feel about it AF...the "success", the "winning" he constantly attempts to take credit for...are a chimera. Republican politicians love to impress us with what they claim is the correctness, the validity, that their approach to solving the nation's problems work. They really don't, at least not in the way they'd have you believe. Trickle-down economic policy is one of the major examples...and it directly effects many of us day-to-day.

To ponder on a couple of the right's major boogeymen: "you didn't build that" and "it takes a village"...

tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote:
youthathletics wrote:Actually no....he's OUR future. That may be part of your problem....instead of finding fault in everything, find the good like those numbers he just reported on with the Fat White cops you also don't like. Life is much simpler if you stop hating...seriously.
Finding the good is fine.

The problem arrives when you ask: what did Trump do to get those numbers? And when you start asking those questions, you realize that Houston, we have a problem.
OK, so you're going to give Obama credit for killing Osama though, right? I do, why?, because he was in office when it occurred...that is only fair IMHO. If nothing else, Trump came in with a "pro business" agenda, and that along with deregulation/tax breaks, rightly or wrongly, has boosted this economy. Look no further than consumer sentiment to understand how much the "pro business" angle has generated "the numbers." I guarantee, if Hillary had been elected, we would not be seeing these numbers, and certainly not the optimism.

Return to “POLITICS”