All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:21 am
tech37 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:36 am Ha. And by your response it's quite obvious you're a biased, dead end re this subject

Just for you, I'll repost this article. Did you even read it before or is the author cause for instant rejection? If so, just more bias on your part.

This is a truthful article whether you're capable of either understanding and/or admitting it:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/opinion/o ... s-2188255/
:lol: So the board's centrist hits MDLax for bias, and to prove his point, he cites Victor David Hanson------who gee whiz golly, "forgot" to post one single article hammering Trump for----well, take your pick.

You say you're a centrist, but you gobble up the right wing games with relish. What do I mean by this?

First of all, VDH claimed the media stopped covering the virus after the election. Which is a flat out lie. Death counts, ICU counts, maps that showed "hot spots" were ALL OVER the FRONT PAGE of every media outlet in America. So he starts the piece by making the standard FoxNation lie----"the media are big meanies to Trump".

Nope. That's a lie. And Pete and others tried to tell that lie----that the Media would stop the death and ICU counts after the election. Nope. We refuting that as it happened. The death counts continued. The grim forecasts continued. And even today----trot on over to CNN, or any other media site. Grim news of Covid. So for F's sake, VDH is lying to you.

Second of all, did you notice something missing from this "both sides do it" article from VDH?

VDH ONLY CITED DEMS in the entire piece!

So with VDH's whatboutism, VDH "forgot" to criticize Trump's political rhetoric, and instead quoted Harris. Whoops. I'm sure that was an evenhanded oversight, right?

And yet this is your idea of a "truthful" article?
It is actually sad. These are adults here and not teenagers. God help us.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

Numbers haven't improved. We are miles away from completing vaccinations and we're still in the throws of the worst part of the pandemic.
Yet we are are now opening schools, sports etc.
Why now?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:09 pm Numbers haven't improved. We are miles away from completing vaccinations and we're still in the throws of the worst part of the pandemic.
Why now?
The school question seems to be answered: with proper precautions, schools do not seem to be a place where the pandemic is breeding. (According to the CDC). And it is also shown that in person schooling, especially for those who lack resources (high speed internet at home, good home computers, etc) works better.

Opening sports to attendence is highly connected to earning money, however. Just like why you can have online schooling but open restaurants (a known place for high chance of spreading the virus).
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:09 pm Numbers haven't improved. We are miles away from completing vaccinations and we're still in the throws of the worst part of the pandemic.
Why now?
Data has been collected and studied instead of “winging it”. And Trump lost.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Why now?
i take it you mean anecdotal and regional with respect to school opening, sports? some states have been doing it all along. some places are talking about it. some states have no current plans to do either in-person schooling or sports or both.
Typical Lax Dad

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:34 pm
Why now?
i take it you mean anecdotal and regional with respect to school opening, sports? some states have been doing it all along. some places are talking about it. some states have no current plans to do either in-person schooling or sports or both.
Yes. There hasn’t been a blanket “all schools are closed” or “there are no sports being played”. I have seen plenty on TV and watches kids walk to and from school here almost daily (depending on the cohort).
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

In MD- there are few restrictions on dining etc. that I can see. But more a lack of customers as a whole that is helping keep things in check.

I get the excitement on the vaccine front. But the 3 studies from Norway and NC while encouraging, it seems to be risking an awful lot on a small sample size/ Additionally, matching the environments of those studies will be a challenge, IMO.

Opening for 3 mos of 1-day schooling seems a tad premature best and quite risky at worst. For minimum benefit. Seems like calling it a wash until the fall when more can get vaccinated and protpocols can be set up, seems smarter.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Andrew Cuomo Doesn’t Trust Health Experts. Now, They’re All Resigning

Cuomo reminds me a lot of Trump...his Health Officials are bouncing left and right, guilt setting in?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:33 am ok. i just went back and read the article. turns out.. it was useful, accurate, and getting the word out in a media environment that's maybe less than helpful re: "effectiveness" for our vaccines. lays it out well and is what i've been saying for a while. what matters most with these vaccines is the cut down on severe illness. it's not a force field. and that people aren't getting the right message, so stuff like this article helps.

of secondary importance but of value until vaccinations are more widespread, is cutdown on mild illness, as that is still tbd on transmissibilty. but severe illness cutdown is what matters most.

what red quoted was twitter. same guy that authored the article got lazy with his tweet. not surprising in our insta-info age in that medium with character limitations influencing. article was well done and informative for folks. we need more of them. and less twitter.
Yup...thanks. Agreed re twitter-speak.

I was not sure where to post this, but one of our fellow Fanlax denizens sent me the following rant as a PM, then re-sent the same thing twice more. I think it may have been referencing this discussion.

Biased
Delete Report Quote
Sent: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:45 am
Recipient: MDlaxfan76

MD,

I just don't get it man, you are downright ridiculous!! Do you believe every piece of nonsense that the Media feeds to you. You know what's a novel idea? That something that the NYT publishes MAY NOT BE RIGHT. They have a clear agenda, anyone can see it, whether you are the biggest Democrat or Republican. You are the only person on this site that bends over backwards to defend positions on which you are clearly in the wrong and DOUBLE DOWN to maintain that position. The Ivies are wrong to not play this season, PERIOD. I don't care if you went to Dartmouth, it does not make you a damn expert on the subject. A lot of what the NYT published in the article in question is WRONG, because there has been WAY WAY more infections than has been documented and this is common knowledge therefore the MATH is way off and in actuality it's for the better meaning that stat looks better when you take INTO account all the infections that the overwhelming evidence indicates have occurred, not the the number that CNN posts on their graphics because it better serves their narrative of fear, fear and more fear. You live in a f**king dream world. And you are the biggest hypocrite of all time, as you spend time in Florida, were life is quite normal as the deal with the response to this pandemic in a practical matter. Nobody respects an inherently biased opinion, and that's all yours is. You've been doing it for years. Having a son who lives in Asia, gives you ONE SMALL piece of insight into what goes on there. It's a big place, and his perception of it may not be what actually transpires all over the country. So you know nothing in that regard, Asian countries have a higher degree of pre-existing immune protection to these type of viruses and as they seem to deal with it more often there than we do in the UNITED STATES. You never cease to amuse me with your inability to even admit that what somebody else is saying may in fact be true. It's quite sad, but that's what happens when somebody starts to believe their own nonsense all the time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe

ahh well
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:14 pm
wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:33 am ok. i just went back and read the article. turns out.. it was useful, accurate, and getting the word out in a media environment that's maybe less than helpful re: "effectiveness" for our vaccines. lays it out well and is what i've been saying for a while. what matters most with these vaccines is the cut down on severe illness. it's not a force field. and that people aren't getting the right message, so stuff like this article helps.

of secondary importance but of value until vaccinations are more widespread, is cutdown on mild illness, as that is still tbd on transmissibilty. but severe illness cutdown is what matters most.

what red quoted was twitter. same guy that authored the article got lazy with his tweet. not surprising in our insta-info age in that medium with character limitations influencing. article was well done and informative for folks. we need more of them. and less twitter.
Yup...thanks. Agreed re twitter-speak.

I was not sure where to post this, but one of our fellow Fanlax denizens sent me the following rant as a PM, then re-sent the same thing twice more. I think it may have been referencing this discussion.

Biased
Delete Report Quote
Sent: Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:45 am
Recipient: MDlaxfan76

MD,

I just don't get it man, you are downright ridiculous!! Do you believe every piece of nonsense that the Media feeds to you. You know what's a novel idea? That something that the NYT publishes MAY NOT BE RIGHT. They have a clear agenda, anyone can see it, whether you are the biggest Democrat or Republican. You are the only person on this site that bends over backwards to defend positions on which you are clearly in the wrong and DOUBLE DOWN to maintain that position. The Ivies are wrong to not play this season, PERIOD. I don't care if you went to Dartmouth, it does not make you a damn expert on the subject. A lot of what the NYT published in the article in question is WRONG, because there has been WAY WAY more infections than has been documented and this is common knowledge therefore the MATH is way off and in actuality it's for the better meaning that stat looks better when you take INTO account all the infections that the overwhelming evidence indicates have occurred, not the the number that CNN posts on their graphics because it better serves their narrative of fear, fear and more fear. You live in a f**king dream world. And you are the biggest hypocrite of all time, as you spend time in Florida, were life is quite normal as the deal with the response to this pandemic in a practical matter. Nobody respects an inherently biased opinion, and that's all yours is. You've been doing it for years. Having a son who lives in Asia, gives you ONE SMALL piece of insight into what goes on there. It's a big place, and his perception of it may not be what actually transpires all over the country. So you know nothing in that regard, Asian countries have a higher degree of pre-existing immune protection to these type of viruses and as they seem to deal with it more often there than we do in the UNITED STATES. You never cease to amuse me with your inability to even admit that what somebody else is saying may in fact be true. It's quite sad, but that's what happens when somebody starts to believe their own nonsense all the time!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Joe

ahh well
You are a moron, there was a reason I sent you a PM, because it was meant to be between the two of us. I stand by everything I said in regards to YOU, and only YOU. My problem is with not a single other poster on this website. Then you go ahead and post it in the thread. You have zero credibility. My whole purpose now will be to discredit everything you say where I feel it's inherently biased bulls**t. You're a fool MD, bottom line.

Joe
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

My goodness....it is called a PM for a reason. You doing okay?...seriously. Maybe a vacation from this place is in order...just to clear your mind.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:14 pm My goodness....it is called a PM for a reason. You doing okay?...seriously. Maybe a vacation from this place is in order...just to clear your mind.
+1000

I thank you for understanding that what he just did is NOT okay in any way, shape or form and violates the basic principles of this site. :roll: :roll:

Joe
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:14 pm My goodness....it is called a PM for a reason. You doing okay?...seriously. Maybe a vacation from this place is in order...just to clear your mind.
I thought hard about it, youth.
It's an abusive message and IMO didn't deserve any protection of "privacy".

Had Joe revealed something personal or sensitive in nature in which I felt his own personal privacy would be threatened I would not have exposed it...but it did not.

Please understand that this guy gets in my face constantly, abusively ranting. In this case, I have no idea what prompted this outburst other than my discussion with wgdsr. It certainly was not prompted by any exchange I was having with him.

sunlight
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:27 pm

Had Joe revealed something personal or sensitive in nature in which I felt his own personal privacy would be threatened I would not have exposed it...but it did not.

Please understand that this guy gets in my face constantly, abusively ranting. In this case, I have no idea what prompted this outburst other than my discussion with wgdsr. It certainly was not prompted by any exchange I was having with him.

sunlight
It was strongly worded, that's NOT abusive at all. This discussion is over. Be well MD. You won't be getting any more PM's from me, lest you show them for the whole world to see. Admin will be deciding your fate on this particular one...

Joe
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:27 pm Please understand that this guy gets in my face constantly, abusively ranting. In this case, I have no idea what prompted this outburst other than my discussion with wgdsr. It certainly was not prompted by any exchange I was having with him.
:lol: ...you poor thing. Maybe it's time to knock off the personal attacks. You complain about the Big Lie, then you practice it with your repeated name calling & personal accusations.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

sunlight
Blahh, blahh, blahh with your bullchit. When you PM someone that is the same as a confessional IMO. Shame on you, no respect for you ever going forward. Go suck face with all you marshmallow fluff republicans. You need to man up and put forth a huge apology and humble yourself and admit you effed up. If you had a problem with the content of a PM... go to the mods. I use to disagree with you vehemently but still have respect for you, not any more. Shame on you MD... shame on you. Go dig yourself a left handed ditch. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:32 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:27 pm Please understand that this guy gets in my face constantly, abusively ranting. In this case, I have no idea what prompted this outburst other than my discussion with wgdsr. It certainly was not prompted by any exchange I was having with him.
:lol: ...you poor thing. Maybe it's time to knock off the personal attacks. You complain about the Big Lie, then you practice it with your repeated name calling & personal accusations.
+1

Joe
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:29 pm

sunlight
It was strongly worded, that's NOT abusive at all. This discussion is over. Be well MD. You won't be getting any more PM's from me, lest you show them for the whole world to see. Admin will be deciding your fate on this particular one...

Joe
IMO I think a long term time out is warranted. If you got a beef with someone via PM that is between the 2 of you. If need be you pass it on to the mods. Posting it for all to see... the epitome of no class at all. I'm shocked someone around here that i use to respect despite all our disagreements would ever stoop so low, I mean down to trump level low. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:25 pm

sunlight
Blahh, blahh, blahh with your bullchit. When you PM someone that is the same as a confessional IMO. Shame on you, no respect for you ever going forward. Go suck face with all you marshmallow fluff republicans. You need to man up and put forth a huge apology and humble yourself and admit you effed up. If you had a problem with the content of a PM... go to the mods. I use to disagree with you vehemently but still have respect for you, not any more. Shame on you MD... shame on you. Go dig yourself a left handed ditch. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
:D no worries cradle, your "confessionals" are safe. We've had very respectful exchanges in PM, and though you occasionally go off on me on here, that's ok...you generally chill down after a bit. Not so with some posters.

But yeah, anyone who sends me an abusive PM, thinking that's cool to do, better understand that I won't keep it private. Sunshine, fellas.

But if you reveal something actually private, I'll maintain discretion.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:32 pm
Silly. The Big Lie is a lie.

I merely copied and pasted an abusive post. Verbatim.
There was no "exchange" in PM, he sent me the same abusive message 3 times within minutes, prompted in no way with any other exchange with him, public or private.

You wanna go hide on the dark web, where it's just fine to post crazy stuff anonymously, go ahead. You can find all sorts of folks who agree with you there.

But don't expect me to not to expose abuse in these forums, especially if directed at me.

Return to “POLITICS”