The Fourth Estate and Politics

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
kramerica.inc

Re: The Fourth Estate and Politics

Post by kramerica.inc »

Appropriate post in the 4th estate thread.

Interesting framework of that article.

The briefing room was already a battlefield. But the shoe appears to be on the other foot these days, so the concerns have changed.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

dislaxxic wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:59 am The 8 Best Fact-Checking Sites for Finding Unbiased Truth

I made a bookmark folder (called "Radio Free Salt") for these... :D

:lol: :lol: That's like the bar owner, telling you to go to his other bars to stop drinking.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:25 amThe briefing room was already a battlefield. But the shoe appears to be on the other foot these days, so the concerns have changed.
You're right...a daily battle with the TRUTH. There were more lies told in that briefing room from 2017-January 20, 2021 than in the entire history of the job of White House Press Secretary. That battle (to understand what is true) continues today, but isn't it SO NICE that the Twitter feed of one of the biggest liars of all time has gone dark...what a relief!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:17 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:25 amThe briefing room was already a battlefield. But the shoe appears to be on the other foot these days, so the concerns have changed.
You're right...a daily battle with the TRUTH. There were more lies told in that briefing room from 2017-January 20, 2021 than in the entire history of the job of White House Press Secretary. That battle (to understand what is true) continues today, but isn't it SO NICE that the Twitter feed of one of the biggest liars of all time has gone dark...what a relief!

As she looks for the "truth" :

a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:31 pm

:lol: As I said weeks ago.......watching Trump'sAmerica try and come up with stuff to complain about when it comes to Biden will be a four year long treat.

Maybe Biden should start by refusing to sign any bills until we're "sure" that the elections of the Republicans in Congress are proven to not be fraudulent?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wonder if Matnum PI will agree with her using the word "Um" so much. From this link he posted

Finally, Sheryl said, ‘You know, Kim, I can tell I'm not really getting through to you. I'm going to have to be clearer here. When you say um every third word, it makes you sound stupid.’”

:D
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 4:51 pm

Wonder if Matnum PI will agree with her using the word "Um" so much. From this link he posted

Finally, Sheryl said, ‘You know, Kim, I can tell I'm not really getting through to you. I'm going to have to be clearer here. When you say um every third word, it makes you sound stupid.’”

Just like joining Rand Paul in the Big Lie, the clip overlooks the fact that after the "umms" -- which I don't love either -- she actually doesn't make stuff up out of thin air and proffer it to the public as a truth or true state of affairs. She says "umm" too much. She doesn't appear to lie all the time. Spicer, Sanders, Grisham (the Press Secretary that wasn't) and McEnany defrauded the public and the airwaves every single time they spoke at the lectern -- but that's OK in YA World. When are you gonna be better than this?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:00 pm

Just like joining Rand Paul in the Big Lie, the clip overlooks the fact that after the "umms" -- which I don't love either -- she actually doesn't make stuff up out of thin air and proffer it to the public as a truth or true state of affairs. She says "umm" too much. She doesn't appear to lie all the time. Spicer, Sanders, Grisham (the Press Secretary that wasn't) and McEnany defrauded the public and the airwaves every single time they spoke at the lectern -- but that's OK in YA World. When are you gonna be better than this?
SHe doesnt appear to lie. Says you.

But as you note, appearances ARE everything.

But I did notice that despite all the hate for McEnaney's binder, the Biden crew has one now, too.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:10 pm

But I did notice that despite all the hate for McEnaney's binder, the Biden crew has one now, too.
Man, you are giving the word “superficial” new depth.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Oh no, you are pretending to be too learned by using a word such as "superficial", it's not accessible enough to a self centered person and you have to make it more easy for them to understand without said person ever asking for any clarification or indicating they didn't understand. It's all on you and all your fault..
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

There aren’t enough laugh emojis on the internet to express my disdain for ANY Trump supporter/sympathizer/boot licker that wants to attack Jen Psaki for not being truthful. Even ones who NOW tell us they “never liked the man”. As for those that feel his “policies” were worth putting up with that clown, all I got to say is: <<<deleted out of deference to Admin>>>

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:10 pm

McEnaney still wearing that cross?
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Appearances are only everything for people who lack substance.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:02 pm Appearances are only everything for people who lack substance.
Really unbelievable. Blind ambition. The more she was around Trump the more evil she began to look. Check the tape. She reminded me of those women in Devil’s Advocate.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

So the biggest complaint about the current press secretary from the right is that she says "umm" too much?

JFC.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

And the biggest complaint of McAneney from the left was that she “looked evil” and wears a cross.

JFC indeed.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:06 pm So the biggest complaint about the current press secretary from the right is that she says "umm" too much?

JFC.
So the FLP folks here are throwing the label on the woman that she looks evil? Pretty heady stuff from a bunch of libs that have the queen of evil still infecting their own party. I wonder which of these 2 women would win a lamp throwing contest? My money is on the queen of evil not the runner up. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:19 am And the biggest complaint of McAneney from the left was that she “looked evil” and wears a cross.

JFC indeed.
Well, not so much Cosmo. Lying about the President’s conduct, lying about a healthcare plan, lying about election results, advancing conspiracy theories. McEnany will go down as the worst of the four Trump press secretaries, and therefore the most brazen liar ever in that role. All wearing her sanctimonious little cross, using religiosity to counterbalance her everyday fraud.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

You dislike McEnaney more than Sanders or Spicer?

Interesting.

She really must have done her job well!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:19 am And the biggest complaint of McAneney from the left was that she “looked evil” and wears a cross.

JFC indeed.
Those were the biggest complaints???...as Joe would say, "Come-on man..."!

In each and every press briefing she was allowed to give, she lied numerous times ...on behalf of a constant liar. But yeah, the cross wearing was amazingly hypocritical...for such a liar, in support of policies clearly intended to hurt the least defended in society.

Return to “POLITICS”