The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by holmes435 »

https://www.reddit.com/user/haupt91/com ... ?context=3

I'm up like 1,600%. If only I had bought more than 2 shares :lol: It's fun to play with these things though while the regular portfolio chugs along.

Nice to see the left, right and center coming together for once.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

2020 was the worst year for economic growth since the Second World War

The U.S. economy shrank by 3.5 percent last year as the novel coronavirus upended American business and households, making 2020 the worst year for U.S. economic growth since the depths of the Great Recession. Economic growth rose more slowly from October to December, compared to the previous quarter, according to the Bureau of Economic Analysis.

It is the first time the economy has contracted for the year since 2009, when Gross Domestic Product shrank by 2.5 percent during the depths of the Great Recession. "There has been a broad recovery, but economically speaking, we're not out of the woods yet," said Ben Herzon, executive director at IHS Markit.

This is the last GDP report from former president Donald Trump's tenure. Until the pandemic, Trump was on track for an economic record that put him near the middle of the pack among recent presidents. But the covid-19 crisis has ensured that he is likely to have overseen the slowest economic growth of any president in the period since the Second World War.

Economic chaos reigned in 2020. In the second quarter, gross domestic product contracted at the fastest quarterly rate ever for the United States, as the pandemic walloped workers and businesses and kept millions from leaving their homes. Then, in the third quarter, GDP soared at a record pace as parts of the economy reopened and businesses brought workers back onto their payrolls.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... recession/

Thank you trump.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

My 401k was up 17% in 2020.

Thank you Trump, indeed.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:00 pm https://www.reddit.com/user/haupt91/com ... ?context=3

I'm up like 1,600%. If only I had bought more than 2 shares :lol: It's fun to play with these things though while the regular portfolio chugs along.

Nice to see the left, right and center coming together for once.
https://www.cnet.com/news/as-gamestop-s ... reactions/
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:26 am My 401k was up 17% in 2020.

Thank you Trump, indeed.
That is right about where my wife and I wound up. Should we blame dump for our good fortune? :D I'm expecting triple the return out of a POTUS Biden administration. Is it right for Joltin Joe to write an EO demanding 30% returns on all 401Ks? :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:34 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.
That is right about where my wife and I wound up. Should we blame dump for our good fortune? :D I'm expecting triple the return out of a POTUS Biden administration. Is it right for Joltin Joe to write an EO demanding 30% returns on all 401Ks? :D
Biden Supporters red in the face:

"But, BUT, BUUUUT- YOU ARE SOOO GREEDY! THAT IS NOT A SIGN OF A HEALTHY ECONOMY!!!!!!!!"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:39 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.

"But, BUT, BUUUUT- YOU ARE SOOO GREEDY! THAT IS NOT A SIGN OF A HEALTHY ECONOMY!!!!!!!!"
healthy economy?

sheesh, I thought we were done with that discussion.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:45 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.

healthy economy?

I lost my job because of Covid. It is hard for me to cackle about how good the economy is. It sure as hell could have been a lot worse. Our financial planner has kept our ship running right on course. Are there any suggestions who I can sue to recover from the Covid pandemic.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Thank you Trump, indeed.

healthy economy?

You still in business? ;) Did you make money or lose money last year? Whatever the case was it dumps fault? It could be because you know how your business runs?
Bob Ross:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Thank you Trump, indeed.
Your 401(k) did better under Obama and Clinton than T****. T**** did beat out W, however.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:52 am Are there any suggestions who I can sue to recover from the Covid pandemic.
Donald John T****.

But be advised that he is processing lawsuits on a FIFO basis. Don’t expect him to reach yours until the year 2030.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:54 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.

healthy economy?

You still in business? ;) Did you make money or lose money last year? Whatever the case was it dumps fault? It could be because you know how your business runs?
Lost money, 30% negative impact on revenue. Two key client sectors frozen in decision making, some making severe budget cuts.

Am I blaming Trump for the initial whack to the economy? No, COVID was going to hurt, regardless...now, the question that comes back to Trump though is whether this thing could have been put down swifter with less long tail trauma to the economy, a better 4th Q, usually my company's strongest...and on that the answer I have is yes. The bumbled health response caused much more economic pain than if they'd gotten it right.

Stock portfolio did well though, way better than I expected, but that does make at least some sense given that most of a stock's value is many year's of future earnings, not the short term. And the massive liquidity infusion and commitments to more are positively impacting stock prices, with debt holdings providing low or negative returns, so equity markets swell...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Thank you Trump, indeed.
Brilliant analysis
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Thank you Trump, indeed.

More brilliant analysis. Where can I sign up for that class in macroeconomics? Carnival in rural florida?
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

njbill wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:58 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.
Your 401(k) did better under Obama and Clinton than T****. T**** did beat out W, however.
Perhaps. It was quite fruitful when Obama tanked the defense industry. Lots to buy low.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:11 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.
Brilliant analysis
You too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

For excoriating me and calling me out I don’t see anything worthwhile in “my portfolio is up”. Explain to me that economic analysis since you are so much more understanding than I am. I’ve only stated, along with twenty other people, The market and economy aren’t the same thing. How do hedge funds have to liquidate, insolvency or illiquidity? Genius.

But hey my portfolio is up!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I hope Biden has an EO to make abortion easier so I can start an abortion clinic and make some real cheddar! The economy will be better because of Biden and my ability to suck babies out of non motherly women!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:08 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:54 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.

healthy economy?

Lost money, 30% negative impact on revenue. Two key client sectors frozen in decision making, some making severe budget cuts.

Am I blaming Trump for the initial whack to the economy? No, COVID was going to hurt, regardless...now, the question that comes back to Trump though is whether this thing could have been put down swifter with less long tail trauma to the economy, a better 4th Q, usually my company's strongest...and on that the answer I have is yes. The bumbled health response caused much more economic pain than if they'd gotten it right.

Stock portfolio did well though, way better than I expected, but that does make at least some sense given that most of a stock's value is many year's of future earnings, not the short term. And the massive liquidity infusion and commitments to more are positively impacting stock prices, with debt holdings providing low or negative returns, so equity markets swell...
I can only sympathize with what are going through. I know some of the folks in the bar/restaurant business in Rochester that are ready to throw in the towel. Their demise has much to do with how King Andy regulated and destroyed the business. They scraped by this summer because the good king allowed outside dining. A couple of months ago King Andy declared orange zones and yellow zones and the boundaries were totally fouled up. If your bar/restaurant was in an orange zone you were screwed. The establishment across the street was in a yellow zone, they did not fare much better. I know enough about the bar/restaurant biz to know you can't survive at 25% capacity for long. Your paying the bills that is about all. Some of these owners have every penny to their name sunk into these establishments. They will not be around for very much longer. It did not have to be this way. Too many screw ups at the federal level and just as many screw ups at the state level.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:13 am

Thank you Trump, indeed.

More brilliant analysis. Where can I sign up for that class in macroeconomics? Carnival in rural florida?
It all becomes relative. When your portfolio is doing well in spite of all the carnage around us, you begin to believe you have weathered the worst of the storm.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”