2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
njbill

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Historic Impeachment #2

Post by njbill »

I still haven’t figured out the attraction between Kimberly and Gavin Newsom.
ggait

Post by ggait »

IMO, the sooner they cleanse themselves, the sooner they can credibly compete nationally again...
But we know that this never happens.

When faced with a declining core product, almost all companies try to prop it up and hang onto it for too long. Because they still get so much revenue/votes from the dying golden goose. Polaroid, Nokia, Blackberry, Blockbuster, Apple 1.0, etc.

Everything was made 100% crystal clear in the 2013 GOP autopsy commissioned by...Rience Preibus. Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity endorse immigration reform and amnesty.

But then Trump comes along, hijacks the GOP primary, and improbably pulls the inside straight to beat Hillary. Goodbye 2013 autopsy, hello MAGA. With Preibus, of all people, signing on as Trump's WH chief of staff.

Eventually, the GOP will move on from selling VCRs. But only after a lot more losses.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:48 pm
IMO, the sooner they cleanse themselves, the sooner they can credibly compete nationally again...
But we know that this never happens.

When faced with a declining core product, almost all companies try to prop it up and hang onto it for too long. Because they still get so much revenue/votes from the dying golden goose. Polaroid, Nokia, Blackberry, Blockbuster, Apple 1.0, etc.

Everything was made 100% crystal clear in the 2013 GOP autopsy commissioned by...Rience Preibus. Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity endorse immigration reform and amnesty.

But then Trump comes along, hijacks the GOP primary, and improbably pulls the inside straight to beat Hillary. Goodbye 2013 autopsy, hello MAGA. With Preibus, of all people, signing on as Trump's WH chief of staff.

Eventually, the GOP will move on from selling VCRs. But only after a lot more losses.
I wouldn't bet against that prognostication.

On the other hand, a Ben Sasse sort could be decently positioned for 2028.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

One sunny day in January 2021 an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he’d been sitting on a park bench. He spoke to the U.S. Marine standing guard and said, “I would like to go in and meet with President Trump.” The Marine looked at the man and said, “Sir, Mr. Trump is no longer President and no longer resides here.” The old man said, “Okay,” and walked away.

The following day, the same old man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, “I would like to go in and meet with President Trump.” The Marine repeated, “Sir, as I told you yesterday, Mr. Trump is no longer President and no longer resides here.” The man thanked him and, again, just walked away.

The third day, the old man approached the White House and spoke to the very same U.S. Marine, saying again, “I would like to go in and meet with President Trump.” The Marine, understandably irritated at this point, looked at the man and said, “Sir, this is the third day in a row you’ve been here asking to speak to Mr. Trump. I’ve told you each time that he’s no longer the President and that he no longer resides here. Don’t you get it?”

The old man looked at the Marine and said, “Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it.”

The Marine snapped to attention and said, “See you tomorrow, Sir.”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

njbill wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:18 pm I still haven’t figured out the attraction between Kimberly and Gavin Newsom.
Crazy in the head, crazy in bed?

Opposites attract?
calourie

Post by calourie »

My wife wants Buffalo-horn guy, and Auschwitz T-shirt guy, and Pelosi-laptop-to-Moscow girl among others now being rounded up by the feds who are using the "I did it because Trump told me it was my duty" as their defense for storming the Capitol to be the witnesses called by the proponents for impeachment during the upcoming proceedings. I say yes, let Biden pardon them and let 'em back into the building as long as they wear the outfits and face paint and carry the banners and slogan-signs etc. they brought with them during the riots. Would be quite the compelling testamonial as well as spectacle, and likely have more impact on Trump's diminishment in the eyes of his followers than the condemnation (or not) of impeachment by a bunch of coat and tied senators.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

njbill wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:18 pm I still haven’t figured out the attraction between Kimberly and Gavin Newsom.
Same as Kamala and Willie. It is the power of the p***y.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

🤮
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Yep. I remember that ISIS dude taking a dump in senate chambers!
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:32 am
Same as Kamala and Willie. It is the power of the p***y.
Shhh. You can’t talk about that. Not around here. There was nothing to that!

:?
DMac

Post by DMac »

This really is horseschidt to pick out the vets from this crowd of however many there are. I've got a question for the crack reporter, Sara, w-t-f is a former veteran? A veteran is a veteran is a veteran, no? I'll guarantee you the Navy vet was never issued any combat gear and never had one second's training in any kind of combat tactics. Could it be the guy's military experience has absolutely nothing to do with his actions on this day and that he's just a fanatic but you're hell bent on picking the veterans (or is that former veterans?) out of the crowd? The guy's sixty-five years old fer chrissakes and probably rode around on a ship for a couple of years nearly fifty ago, but that kind of training heavily influenced his actions on this day. What horseschidt.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:10 am
This really is horseschidt to pick out the vets from this crowd of however many there are. I've got a question for the crack reporter, Sara, w-t-f is a former veteran? A veteran is a veteran is a veteran, no? I'll guarantee you the Navy vet was never issued any combat gear and never had one second's training in any kind of combat tactics. Could it be the guy's military experience has absolutely nothing to do with his actions on this day and that he's just a fanatic but you're hell bent on picking the veterans (or is that former veterans?) out of the crowd? The guy's sixty-five years old fer chrissakes and probably rode around on a ship for a couple of years nearly fifty ago, but that kind of training heavily influenced his actions on this day. What horseschidt.
As an old dog faced grunt I did not notice anybody getting in line and use fire and manuver up the capital steps. Not a single hand grenade was used. For a bunch of veterans their tactics really sucked. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yes sir, I'd agree. This narrative that is being pushed by the clueless is such absolute horseschidt.
From the video: " They came to Washington trained in combat." "Used their training against the
U.S. Capitol." Really? That Navy veteran didn't have any more combat training than DocB did,
promise you. The "former Army veteran" gal, what was her MOS? Was she a cook, a supply clerk,
a barber? How much combat training did she have?
Then there's the Marine, and of course they're all the toughest guys in the world trained to be
animals. Like my friend's son who went in the Marines and became a weatherman. He learned a
whole lot more about how to release weather balloons than about any kind of combat tactics and
how to storm a Capitol Bldg. When are we going to get what percent of these folks are/were Uber
drivers, construction workers, teachers, car salesmen, mechanics, etc?
Typical Lax Dad

I believe its the arrest being reported. My guess is as more and more arrests are made, the % of “ex-military” will come down. I am just posting whichever article that I see about arrests. I can’t say I al surprised. I can see how someone coming out of the military would be drawn to a militia. Doesn’t make them a bad person but storming the Capitol is a bad choice.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:14 am
As an old dog faced grunt I did not notice anybody getting in line and use fire and manuver up the capital steps. Not a single hand grenade was used. For a bunch of veterans their tactics really sucked. :D
It’s more about the person’s mentality versus something wrong with the military. My guess is that law enforcement and military experience in militias is higher than that represented in the general population...you think its likely to be less? A person drawn to the military, for whatever reason, seems likely to be drawn to a militia culture.....(not all but some). Anyway, enjoyed watching the Bills run. I like that team and liked their fight at the end. They will be back.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

To be clear, I wasn't directing any of that at you, TLD, it's the media's seeming agenda here that is annoying me.
This is similar to headlines you would read during the Vietnam era and shortly thereafter.
Vietnam vet robs bank, Vietnam vet arrested for domestic violence, Vietnam vet gets DWI, Vietnam vet pizzed in the park.
They were real quick to point that Vietnam vet part out but no so much what the other 1,400 people arrested for the same thing were. Same thing going on here.

Return to “POLITICS”