CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:18 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:12 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:55 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:15 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:45 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:15 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:11 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:59 pm Like I said, your double standard is showing. May explain why so many have issues wit the way you debate around here. IMHO you are full of shirt as usual.

The fact is that Sen. Cotton NEVER served in 75th Ranger Regiment either in combat or peacetime. He graduated from Ranger school. My earlier note detailed the difference in the two. I'd wager a vast majority of those who did serve in that unit would have such a opinion as you about what it means to actually be an Army Ranger.

No idea how Mueller is relevant to this discussion.
Ranger school grads, most of whom did not serve in the 75th, are commonly referred to as Rangers all the time, as Mueller was. You are grasping at straws.
In his campaign ads, Cotton claimed to have been "a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan". Did he serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment in Iraq and Afghanistan? or was he just grandstanding as a typical politician as you accused Lt. Sherrill of doing? which is it, sailor?

Funny how you excuse all sorts of stuff in his bio while denigrating the former Navy Lt. for hers. Like I said, your double standard is showing. BIG TIME

Near as I can tell, Robert Mueller has NEVER publicly discussed his military service record.
I merely pointed out the readily available career enhancing opportunities which Ens Sherrill passed up as a member of the first USNA graduating class eligible for (& recruited for) combat capable assignments. She chose to fly the Admiral, ice cream, mail & movies in exotic places.

Cotton chose to be a Ranger trained combat infantry officer deployed to Iraq & Afghanistan, before serving in the Old Guard.
Cotton is not hiding behind his military service to accuse his fellow Congress members of sedition & participating in an insurrection.
so says delusional double standard you
I'll consider the source.
Consider the career choices of LT Sherrill's USNA '94 classmate.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/amy-bau ... t-carrier/
when supporting a losing position, change the subject. Lame. Just like your Mueller diversion.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Senator Jack Reed's official bio :

https://www.jackreed.com/about
He qualified as a United States Army Ranger and commanded paratroopers in the 82nd Airborne Division

Qualified as a Ranger, never served in the 75th.

What famous Senator said this ?
When we returned from Vietnam, I remember the taunts, the verbal and even physical abuse we encountered,
Here's another WP grad who completed Ranger training & never served in the 75th.
Yet the AP & Army Times say he's a Ranger.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/pentagon ... nate-seat/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:41 pm
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:59 pm Like I said, your double standard is showing. May explain why so many have issues wit the way you debate around here. IMHO you are full of shirt as usual.

The fact is that Sen. Cotton NEVER served in 75th Ranger Regiment either in combat or peacetime. He graduated from Ranger school. My earlier note detailed the difference in the two. I'd wager a vast majority of those who did serve in that unit would have such a opinion as you about what it means to actually be an Army Ranger.

Ranger school grads, most of whom did not serve in the 75th, are commonly referred to as Rangers all the time, as Mueller was. You are grasping at straws.
In his campaign ads, Cotton claimed to have been "a U.S. Army Ranger in Iraq and Afghanistan". Did he serve in the 75th Ranger Regiment in Iraq and Afghanistan? or was he just grandstanding as a typical politician as you accused Lt. Sherrill of doing? which is it, sailor?

Funny how you excuse all sorts of stuff in his bio while denigrating the former Navy Lt. for hers. Like I said, your double standard is showing. BIG TIME

Near as I can tell, Robert Mueller has NEVER publicly discussed his military service record.
I merely pointed out the readily available career enhancing opportunities which Ens Sherrill passed up as a member of the first USNA graduating class eligible for (& recruited for) combat capable assignments. She chose to fly the Admiral, ice cream, mail & movies in exotic places.

Cotton chose to be a Ranger trained combat infantry officer deployed to Iraq & Afghanistan, before serving in the Old Guard.
Cotton is not hiding behind his military service to accuse his fellow Congress members of sedition & participating in an insurrection.

when supporting a losing position, change the subject. Lame. Just like your Mueller diversion.

He qualified as a United States Army Ranger and commanded paratroopers in the 82nd Airborne Division

When we returned from Vietnam, I remember the taunts, the verbal and even physical abuse we encountered,
Here's another WP grad who completed Ranger training & never served in the 75th.

Sounds like the guys that went to my school and “played lacrosse”....
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:03 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:20 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 8:55 am
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 7:58 am Fascinating look from inside the Pentagon during the insurrection.

I hope the Congressional weenies call former Sec Def Miller to testify. He'll take no prisoners.
Indeed fascinating. Thanks for posting OS.
Put him under oath...and the people on the call. Why didn't they say yes right away?
Let's put everybody under oath. They were not talking directly to the approving authority.
Absolutely, all for it.

Or are we to believe Miller, who apparently wasn't on the call, that they did say yes right away?
They did not immediately commit. They were not authorized to approve. They were getting the info necessary to get apptoval

Nope, the question is why did it take so long to get the approval, why wasn't this already in place given Miller's conversation the day before with Trump, assuming true.
Miller was not on the call. He needed to be informed what was being requested & get confirmation that it could be provided.

Again, I hope that the DoD did everything in their power.
:lol: ...no you don't. You're looking for a scapegoat.

False, I really would like to think this was just bureaucratic fiction rather than knowing delay...good god, that really would be awful if it permeated down that way...now, YOU, have been trying to scapegoat any and all other than military bumbling...or worse. We really don't know.
:lol: ...that's why you immediately accused them of "fiddlin' " Bad faith.
Miller's saying in that interview that Trump told him he'd need 10,000 and his people didn't have them stood up and ready to go?
Last time Trump activated the NG to protect the WH, you were among those accusing him of staging a coup.

Again false. I did not at any time call it a 'coup' to have NG called up. I also didn't call it a 'coup' when Trump/Barr ordered the violence at now BLM square...appalled, yes, but not a 'coup'...you needn't make that up. Bad faith.
So you approved of Trump activating the DC NG then & said so ? I don't recall that.

Of course, the other side of Miller's discussion with Trump was his saying that Trump thought the protest would need troops in the streets...why? Because he expected the protestors to be violent? And then he's told they wouldn't be there...AND, KNOWING THIS he told the crowd to march to the Capitol !!!...so now you're reading Trump's mind. He was giving Miller carte blance approval, in advance, to respond as necessary as to any requests for support.

I'm reading his mind??? Hoo boy, that's rich...I'd like to think that's correct, but the question becomes exactly what I posed. If Trump thought the protest was likely to turn violent, if he then knew the NG weren't there...and knowing all that he sent the mob to the Capitol...well, that's the strongest indication of his consciousness of the risk we've heard so far.

Put Miller and Patel under oath.
I hope they do. They'll slaughter the show horses. Put the Sergeants at Arms, CP Chief, & committee chairs under oath & find out what guidance they received from the gang of 8 about the optics of NG troops in & around the Capitol.

Yup, I'm happy to have them ALL under oath. See, I'm ACTUALLY interested in what was the truth...how did this really happen? Just bumbling bureaucracy, miscalculations? or something more akin to 'white privilege'? or something even more sinister...again, I'm hoping for the bumbling at worst...It was definitely White Privilege. They deployed all those white NG guys before the FBI had time to vet them.
Keep spinning as hard as you can, salty, I merely want to know why it took so long to get them going...we clearly disagree as to whether there could have been some troops ready to go...so, let's put them all under oath.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:05 pm

Not even close. They all completed Ranger training & were Ranger qualified, which is a demanding, challenging course. It's a significant accomplishment, Plus Cotton served tours in Iraq & Afghanistan as a combat infantryman. It's a stupid analogy to compare Cotton to Sherrill, but that's not surprising, considering the source making the comparison. He mocked W as a draft dodger because he flew F-102's. Probably voted for the poser you share as a Senator.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:53 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:05 pm

Not even close. They all completed Ranger training & were Ranger qualified, which is a demanding, challenging course. It's a significant accomplishment, Plus Cotton served tours in Iraq & Afghanistan as a combat infantryman. It's a stupid analogy to compare Cotton to Sherrill, but that's not surprising, considering the source making the comparison. He mocked W as a draft dodger because he flew F-102's. Probably voted for the poser you share as a Senator.
I was making analogy, not an equivalency. Don’t care.
“I wish you would!”
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:53 am Not even close. They all completed Ranger training & were Ranger qualified, which is a demanding, challenging course. It's a significant accomplishment, Plus Cotton served tours in Iraq & Afghanistan as a combat infantryman. It's a stupid analogy to compare Cotton to Sherrill, but that's not surprising, considering the source making the comparison. He mocked W as a draft dodger because he flew F-102's. Probably voted for the poser you share as a Senator.
Keep making stuff up. It becomes you because reality does not appear to matter much to you.

No idea how you claim to know my opinions about Bush 43 or my voting preferences. Like most everything else you spout around here, you'd be wrong.
But you have always had a tenuous link to the truth.

I'm surprised the link to Cotton's own campaign information where he claims to have been a ranger in Afghanistan has no effect on a known swift-boater like you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kismet wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:18 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:53 am Not even close. They all completed Ranger training & were Ranger qualified, which is a demanding, challenging course. It's a significant accomplishment, Plus Cotton served tours in Iraq & Afghanistan as a combat infantryman. It's a stupid analogy to compare Cotton to Sherrill, but that's not surprising, considering the source making the comparison. He mocked W as a draft dodger because he flew F-102's. Probably voted for the poser you share as a Senator.
Keep making stuff up. It becomes you because reality does not appear to matter much to you.

No idea how you claim to know my opinions about Bush 43 or my voting preferences. Like most everything else you spout around here, you'd be wrong.

I'm surprised the link to Cotton's own campaign information where he claims to have been a ranger in Afghanistan has no effect on a known swift-boater like you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Another stupid analogy from you. Cotton's fellows soldiers never called him out like Kerry's former squadronmates did.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:02 pm

Another stupid analogy from you. Cotton's fellows soldiers never called him out like Kerry's former squadronmates did.
Well, you appear to be the living embodiment of STUPID. So continue to commiserate with YOURSELF.
We are all now DUMBER as a result.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:02 pm

How did Kerry earn those purple hearts that earned him a free pass back to the states? I'm guessing that the ketchup commander was inept at how to use a P38 when opening a can of C rat beanie weenies. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://news.yahoo.com/former-ranger-so ... 03393.html

Former Ranger and SOCOM commander calls out Democratic congressman over 'dumb' military service spat with Sen. Tom Cotton

-- A former head of US Special Operations Command weighed in on the debate over Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton's service record.

-- After an article called into question Cotton's reported characterizations of himself as an Army Ranger, Colorado Rep. Jason Crow, a former Army Ranger, told him he shouldn't call himself a Ranger.

-- Retired Gen. Raymond Thomas, a former Ranger who commanded SOCOM, called the debate "dumb" and told Crow that he needs to focus on more important things.

A former head of US Special Operations Command called out a Democratic lawmaker on social media for questioning a congressional colleague's military service.

Following the publication of an article from Salon this weekend that reported that Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton is not actually a Ranger despite campaigning on "his experience as a US Army Ranger," Colorado Rep. Jason Crow, a former Army Ranger, tweeted at his Republican colleague.

"Unless you wore one of these berets you shouldn't be calling yourself a Ranger," Crow wrote in a tweet accompanied by a photo of himself in the tan beret worn by Rangers. "Truth matters," he said.

Cotton attended the challenging US Army Ranger School and obtained the Ranger tab, but the senator served with the 101st Airborne. Crow, on the other hand, served with SOCOM's 75th Ranger Regiment.

Being a Ranger with the 75th Ranger Regiment and earning the gold and black Ranger tab are often confused and sometimes used interchangeably, even among service members. While the distinction between the two is not often discussed outside of military circles, it has been hotly debated among some veterans and encapsulates the nuances of military service.

:mrgreen: ...any updates on LT Mikie's capitol dome witch hunt into her colleagues ?
Many of the high visibility insurrectionists have been bailed out or r.o.r.

Nancy's laptop thief lady has been released into her mothers custody. The Q Shaman & the Confederate flag bearers were released & told to stay out of DC until their court appearance. Gitmo must be full.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:04 pm https://news.yahoo.com/former-ranger-so ... 03393.html

Former Ranger and SOCOM commander calls out Democratic congressman over 'dumb' military service spat with Sen. Tom Cotton

-- A former head of US Special Operations Command weighed in on the debate over Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton's service record.

-- After an article called into question Cotton's reported characterizations of himself as an Army Ranger, Colorado Rep. Jason Crow, a former Army Ranger, told him he shouldn't call himself a Ranger.

-- Retired Gen. Raymond Thomas, a former Ranger who commanded SOCOM, called the debate "dumb" and told Crow that he needs to focus on more important things.

A former head of US Special Operations Command called out a Democratic lawmaker on social media for questioning a congressional colleague's military service.

Following the publication of an article from Salon this weekend that reported that Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton is not actually a Ranger despite campaigning on "his experience as a US Army Ranger," Colorado Rep. Jason Crow, a former Army Ranger, tweeted at his Republican colleague.

"Unless you wore one of these berets you shouldn't be calling yourself a Ranger," Crow wrote in a tweet accompanied by a photo of himself in the tan beret worn by Rangers. "Truth matters," he said.

Cotton attended the challenging US Army Ranger School and obtained the Ranger tab, but the senator served with the 101st Airborne. Crow, on the other hand, served with SOCOM's 75th Ranger Regiment.

Being a Ranger with the 75th Ranger Regiment and earning the gold and black Ranger tab are often confused and sometimes used interchangeably, even among service members. While the distinction between the two is not often discussed outside of military circles, it has been hotly debated among some veterans and encapsulates the nuances of military service.

:mrgreen: ...any updates on LT Mikie's capitol dome witch hunt into her colleagues ?
I suspect that if there's a basis to draw and quarter any of the Congress people, we'll hear about it in due course.

Re some ret.General supporting Cotton politically should surprise no one at all. Crow has every right to call BS on Cotton for exaggerating. The General has every right to disagree, but I suspect he's politically aligned with Cotton to begin with...if my hunch is wrong, that'd be interesting at least.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:09 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:04 pm https://news.yahoo.com/former-ranger-so ... 03393.html

Nancy's laptop thief lady has been released into her mothers custody. The Q Shaman & the Confederate flag bearers were released & told to stay out of DC until their court appearance. Gitmo must be full.
I suspect that if there's a basis to draw and quarter any of the Congress people, we'll hear about it in due course.

Re some ret.General supporting Cotton politically should surprise no one at all. Crow has every right to call BS on Cotton for exaggerating. The General has every right to disagree, but I suspect he's politically aligned with Cotton to begin with...if my hunch is wrong, that'd be interesting at least.
You do realize that the Gen is a former Ranger & commanded SOCOM, of which the 75th was a part. He's telling Crow to knock off the BS & stop trashing a fellow Ranger school grad & combat vet over an insignificant semantic distinction without a difference.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 pm

You do realize that the Gen is a former Ranger & commanded SOCOM, of which the 75th was a part. He's telling Crow to knock off the BS & stop trashing a fellow Ranger school grad & combat vet over an insignificant semantic distinction without a difference.
HAH! :lol:
Retired, making a political statement on social media.

Now, you show me he's a Democrat saying this and I'll impute some apolitical credibility in this social media message.

If the General (ret.) thought he had any legit standing to tell Crow what to do, he'd pick up the phone and tell him...but nope, he did it on social media...

That said, looks like he had a heck of a career in the military, now working in Silicon Valley looking at dual use technologies as a venture partner at Lux Capital. In 2019, was a critic on Face the Nation of the withdrawal from Syria, opening up to ISIS, betrayal of Kurds...interesting guy, for sure.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:27 pm

Now, you show me he's a Democrat saying this and I'll impute some apolitical credibility in this social media message.

If the General (ret.) thought he had any legit standing to tell Crow what to do, he'd pick up the phone and tell him...but nope, he did it on social media...
He's publicly calling BS on Crow for gratuitously politicizing a unit in his former command. He's sticking up for all the Ranger school grads, who did not happen to serve in the 75th, who Crow is publicly insulting & dimishing their service. He's knocking Crow off of his high horse. He's tacitly saying -- Pipe down ! if you're so sh!t hot, your beret would be green.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:35 pm

He's publicly calling BS on Crow for gratuitously politicizing a unit in his former command. He's sticking up for all the Ranger school grads, who did not happen to serve in the 75th, who Crow is publicly insulting & dimishing their service. He's knocking Crow off of his high horse. He's tacitly saying -- Pipe down ! if you're so sh!t hot, your beret would be green.
Again, why not just pick up the phone?

Listen, you're the cat that's peed on the female vet for your presupposed exaggeration of her service... :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

That said, looks like he had a heck of a career in the military, now working in Silicon Valley looking at dual use technologies as a venture partner at Lux Capital. In 2019, was a critic on Face the Nation of the withdrawal from Syria, opening up to ISIS, betrayal of Kurds...interesting guy, for sure.
No kidding. He took anti-Trump positions. Maybe you should have reviewed his military record before accusing him of playing politics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_A._Thomas

He was maintaining good order & discipline in his old command.
https://americanmilitarynews.com/2021/0 ... d-it-dumb/
Retired Gen. Raymond “Tony” Thomas, who served as the 11th SOCOM commander from 2016 to 2019, shot back at Thomas and said, “First, wear your beret correctly. Second, you are a Congressman now, act like it. This is a dumb debate (feel pretty qualified to say that). Need you to focus on more important things for the good of the nation. You and @SenTomCotton get together and work like ‘Ranger buddies.’”
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:35 pm He's publicly calling BS on Crow for gratuitously politicizing a unit in his former command.
Which he would not have done if Cotton was a Democrat and Crow was a Republican. Then he would have been on the other side.

We've all seen this movie before. There's no great principle here, just counting up Rs and Ds.
old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:57 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:35 pm He's publicly calling BS on Crow for gratuitously politicizing a unit in his former command.
Which he would not have done if Cotton was a Democrat and Crow was a Republican. Then he would have been on the other side.

We've all seen this movie before. There's no great principle here, just counting up Rs and Ds.
What's your basis for that ? What are your indicators of the General's political leanings ?

He doesn't want to see a petty "dumb" debate over Ranger quals.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:02 am

What's your basis for that ? What are your indicators of the General's political leanings ?

What's your basis for assuming otherwise? Using social media. :roll:
Yes, I checked his record.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 8:41 am
old salt wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:02 am

What's your basis for assuming otherwise? Using social media. :roll:
Yes, I checked his record.
My basis is what the General said.
You are accusing the General of political bias without any evidence to support it.
He is chastising one soldier for publicly taking a cheap shot at a fellow soldier for political purposes.

Return to “POLITICS”