NFL

General Chatter
wahoomurf

Re: NFL

Post by wahoomurf »

Luv them Chargers---paid for my first new car.Just one of the reasons I'm a big fan.Lynn is a terrific coach and Old Man Rivers is having a career year.The Nevermore's QB looked lost today.Flacco looked pissed.Does the new kid have a fragile ego? Harbaugh's status?Running scared?
DMac

Post by DMac »

BIRDS FLYIN' NOW, GET SIX!!!!!!
PAT too...on a roll.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wahoomurf wrote:Luv them Chargers---paid for my first new car.Just one of the reasons I'm a big fan.Lynn is a terrific coach and Old Man Rivers is having a career year.The Nevermore's QB looked lost today.Flacco looked ticked.Does the new kid have a fragile ego? Harbaugh's status?Running scared?
I can’t believe Harbaugh left Jackson in. Should have gone with Flacco and hope to fight another day.
“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

Lightning Bolts trying desperately to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory....stand by.
DMac

Post by DMac »

dis not liking that! Ball snatching Bears.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQZarDGRH1Q
DMac

Post by DMac »

Eagles got plucked a little bit by the zebras.
Nice snatch, but the refs say NFG, OOB.
Game of inches on full display.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Two pipes, no goal. Unbelievable.
Eagles snatch the W and fly on.
BP'll come down fairly quickly, dis,
you good now, brotha.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Got no fingernails left...wore out my defibrillator...but the Iggles move on. Saints will likely put a stop to this madness, but we didn't have a lot of confidence last year either.

Miracles DO happen...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Ball was tipped. Does not help matters, but likely makes the kicker feel a bit better. With an eagles fan in the house....I was happy with results.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Pocket passer wins a big game again. So much harder to scheme against them. CFP Championship.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Much talk on tv today about this being the 50th anniversary of the Jets win over Colts - NFL has not been the same ever since!
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Chargers were pitiful today,Losing to BradyChik adds an extra layer of misery. :cry: I got me a wicked headache. bang1
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

No repeat Super Bowl Champs this year as Philly is defeated by NO Saints:

http://www.philly.com/eagles/nick-foles ... 90114.html

Turning point came when Saints faked a punt and got a first down. But it remained close as WR Alshon Jeffery let a well thrown pass go through his hands and this led to turnover. Seemed to me like the OL did not provide adequate blocking for their running game. A needless taunting penalty did not help as it led to a first down for Saints. Thus, the lack of proper discipline may have contributed (or possibly cause) the loss to NO.

It will be interesting to see how the QB situation is handled as one has to be top dog while the other takes another road.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

The Iggles were very much in a game they probably had no business being in in the first place. Their season was lost with early-season losses to the Titans and the Panthers. They could/should have won either game with the Cowboys. Home field advantage in the playoffs is YUUUGE, especially in a noisebox like n'walins has...

Ginger Jesus is our franchise quarterback. St. Nick's place in Philly Phootball Lore is cemented for all time, but it is very doubtful he will be back.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

For the NFL and all of football, a new threat: an evaporating insurance market. Youth and high schools e the first to take a hit. I wonder if this is what’s behind the de-emphasis of body checks in lacrosse.

http://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/257 ... leges-espn
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

excellent video

you will love the twiller girl - amazing how small the players are compared to today's players

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

CU77

Post by CU77 »

Yep, I'm gonna skip the SB this year. Can't root for either team.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

CU77 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:45 am Yep, I'm gonna skip the SB this year. Can't root for either team.

I have seen every SB since the very beginning. Don't care for either team, esp the cheaters from Bean Town so I won't be too enthused about the proceedings. Hopefully, the refs won't give it away like they are prone to do so often.

DMac

Post by DMac »

Well, in the religion that is pro football, today is like Christmas eve services in all the houses of worship across the country. Pretty much everyone shows up to worship the gods on this day regardless of their commitment, or lack of, to the sport/game/team. Pretty big difference in the spreads put out though. While the houses of worship offer up a bit of wine and some wafers, the spreads put out by the pig skin worshipers, and the display of gluttony, rivals those of the days of the Roman Empire and their vomitoriums. Eat, drink, and be merry, it's Super Bowl Sunday.
Who ya got, and maybe the bigger question is, whatchya cookin'?

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”