2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: 2020 Elections - On Deck

Post by runrussellrun »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:14 am Michael Bloomberg’s Secret Plans to Take Down Trump

"Whether or not he runs for president, the former New York City mayor is building the most powerful political organization in America."

Isn't tom steyer already down this path of spending $100's of millions to "defeat" tRump?

exactly

Oh, and nothing but white men making plans......so pretend typical :roll:
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
genesrfree

Post by genesrfree »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:38 am
genesrfree wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:10 pm
genesrfree wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:12 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:24 pm
But, this is the new face of the Democrats, Medicare for all, no Borders, pro-abortion, increase taxes, take our guns, more handouts
Medicare for all - maybe

No borders - inaccurate-nope what is the democrats plan to secure our borders??? Sensors and drones-stupid and you know it.

Pro-Abortion - maybe, but more like no my decision,- not your decision, Governor Cuomo's and the two left coasts.

Increase taxes - how do you expect to pay for the wall? Funny, but all the illegal immigrants the democrats will allow in need a place to live, food, educations...you know the drill

Take our guns - no, absolutely semi-automatic guns, listen to your gal, K. Harris, that's the beginning, then we end like Nazi Germany.

More handouts - both sides give stuff out. Not like democrats, they gave out my social security!!

And we have a new player!!!

If the Ds are for open borders, show me the link.

Abortion is settled law.

Increase taxes - you don't like our immigration policy, fix it. Kicking the can doesn't fix it. Nothing to do with taxes.

Guns - not one thing has happened to gun rights since the Rs started crying about BHO taking them away.

You do understand the the Rs aren't fiscally conservative....if not, stick around and you can get some learning.

We have a new player- you’re funny and pompous, must think you’re the thread genius! I’ll just make one point, because arguing with liberals is a boring endeavor. Abortion is settled law-is what’s going on in New York and Virginia okay with you?

Specifically, what is the question....

NY and VA have passed bills allowing third trimester abortions, VA was discussing yesterday that even if the baby is born, they could still kill the baby. I certainly can empathize with people who have to make gut wrenching decisions because of abnormalities with their child, but the language contains other words like emotional stress. SO, they've expanded the definition of abortion to include the last 3 months, at this point you're dealing with a developed child. In my mind it is infanticide. Democratic Governor-NY, Democratic Governor-Virginia...Democratic position! Do you support this?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

I side with the intellecs of Harvard and say kill them all. (maggie sanger, my hero ) Why wait for military conflicts or awesomer gun law violence in your favorite pretend city. Isn't it proven that crime has gone down (outliars author) b/c of abortion? If your child stinks at lacrosse or scores well below 800 on the SAT's, Virginia residents....especially Fairfax county......should have the write to kill that child. embarassing at cocktail parties, to tell your peers that NOVA and not UVA is in juniors future.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

genesrfree wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 am NY and VA have passed bills allowing third trimester abortions, VA was discussing yesterday that even if the baby is born, they could still kill the baby. I certainly can empathize with people who have to make gut wrenching decisions because of abnormalities with their child, but the language contains other words like emotional stress. SO, they've expanded the definition of abortion to include the last 3 months, at this point you're dealing with a developed child. In my mind it is infanticide. Democratic Governor-NY, Democratic Governor-Virginia...Democratic position! Do you support this?

I'm not familiar with the NY bill, but in VA third trimester abortions were already legal in certain cases that were medically necessary. This bill did not change that, and does not let people kill the baby if it is born. It changes some wording and requirements around the matter, such as requiring one doctor to determine a third trimester abortion is medically necessary instead of three. A third trimester abortion is not the mother's choice to make, it has to be signed off by a doctor, and if the mother agrees with that decision then they can move forward. The bill changes some other requirements around first and second trimester abortions.

You can't kill a baby that's been born. That is completely and utterly false and a lie, so stop spreading it. Read the bill, see what changes they are making to the existing legislation, and get your facts straight.
Last edited by holmes435 on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

what is a "viable" baby?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

A typo - I removed it. You can't kill any baby that's been born, viable or one that is going to die of natural causes.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:04 pm
a fan wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:20 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:08 pm [HOW MUCH WILL IT COST???? It is not a very tough question to answer. Actually it is a very difficult question because frankly nobody knows the answer.
I do. It's easy to answer.
Every 1st world nation has some form of government health care.

Here's how much it costs per person in each country as of 2015:

Germany- $5,551
France- $4,600
Spain- $3,200
UK- $4,192
Canada- $4,753
Sweden- $5,488
Finland- $4,033

And the US? (drumroll) $9,892

So if you want cost certainty? Simple to do. Pick a country. Take Canada's health care law, verbatim, and write it into US law. The number will be close to that $4,753 number.
It's no use, I've answered his "how much is it going to cost" question maybe 4-5 times over the years. Maybe we can cut taxes some more so we'll come out even further ahead.

It's also insane that he's oblivious to the fact that private insurance companies are sticking their nose into his business and medical affairs, squeezing every dollar legally possible out of him, telling him what doctor he can see, what kind of care he can or can't get and more. That's even if he's on a private plan in the first place. And he has no say in how his insurance company is run, and hardly any of us have the power to vote with our dollar and move to another provider.

A good chunk of the population enjoys cutting off their nose to spite their face in this day and age.
I don't think you have answered anything Holmes. I will continue a conversation my wife has had recently with the 2 gastroenterology doctors she has worked with for over 20 years. Their concern with free stuff for everyone is how do they now get reimbursed? They are the best doctors in their field in upstate NY. They are the docs that all the other docs go to when they need a colonoscopy. A ball park figure they make somewhere north of 1500 dollars per procedure. They schedule procedures 2 or 3 times a week and average 14 to 16 procedures a day, uppers and lowers. My wife will be there on those days working from 6:00 am until 5:30 pm or until they are done. My question to you Holmes, since you have all the answers... what is the reimbursement rate to be for these doctors under single payer? Trick question because these doctors themselves have no idea. Since you do, please enlighten me what the new rate will be and explain how it effects the cost and quality of service? :roll: I am not the dumbass you think I am. I have a PhD from the college of common sense. The truth is like all of us other peons you have no freaking clue what the final cost will be. My doctorate in common sense tells me they will not be reimbursed at their present rate. Why??? because it would cost too much. Do you know what the new rate will be for a colonoscopy?? You can't answer that because nobody can. Maybe the next time you go in for a bargain basement colonoscopy you will have an NP sticking the scope up your ass. Does the thought of a perforated colon give you any cause to be concerned? :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:03 pm I don't think you have answered anything Holmes. I will continue a conversation my wife has had recently with the 2 gastroenterology doctors she has worked with for over 20 years. Their concern with free stuff for everyone is how do they now get reimbursed? They are the best doctors in their field in upstate NY. They are the docs that all the other docs go to when they need a colonoscopy. A ball park figure they make somewhere north of 1500 dollars per procedure. They schedule procedures 2 or 3 times a week and average 14 to 16 procedures a day, uppers and lowers. My wife will be there on those days working from 6:00 am until 5:30 pm or until they are done. My question to you Holmes, since you have all the answers... what is the reimbursement rate to be for these doctors under single payer? Trick question because these doctors themselves have no idea. Since you do, please enlighten me what the new rate will be and explain how it effects the cost and quality of service? :roll: I am not the dumbass you think I am. I have a PhD from the college of common sense. The truth is like all of us other peons you have no freaking clue what the final cost will be. My doctorate in common sense tells me they will not be reimbursed at their present rate. Why??? because it would cost too much. Do you know what the new rate will be for a colonoscopy?? You can't answer that because nobody can. Maybe the next time you go in for a bargain basement colonoscopy you will have an NP sticking the scope up your ass. Does the thought of a perforated colon give you any cause to be concerned? :roll:
So if they don't know how much it costs now, what are they charging for it? How are they getting paid? How are they staying in business???

Medicare already covers and pays out for colonoscopies, so the .gov already knows how much they are paying in what areas, for what specific procedures, complications, etc. How about you ask them instead of a random forum?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

colonoscopies are a complete waste of time and money and prevent nothing. rarely detect anything but false flag pollipops. (we HAVE to remove it. While NOT a problem now )

everyone is so concerned about disease and death. it's gods will. that's what I believe. HE has a plan.

but, grossing $2 million a year is why they became part of the "do no harm" crowd. Aspen or Alta? (where the good docs ski)
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:47 pm
genesrfree wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 am NY and VA have passed bills allowing third trimester abortions, VA was discussing yesterday that even if the baby is born, they could still kill the baby. I certainly can empathize with people who have to make gut wrenching decisions because of abnormalities with their child, but the language contains other words like emotional stress. SO, they've expanded the definition of abortion to include the last 3 months, at this point you're dealing with a developed child. In my mind it is infanticide. Democratic Governor-NY, Democratic Governor-Virginia...Democratic position! Do you support this?

I'm not familiar with the NY bill, but in VA third trimester abortions were already legal in certain cases that were medically necessary. This bill did not change that, and does not let people kill the baby if it is born. It changes some wording and requirements around the matter, such as requiring one doctor to determine a third trimester abortion is medically necessary instead of three. A third trimester abortion is not the mother's choice to make, it has to be signed off by a doctor, and if the mother agrees with that decision then they can move forward. The bill changes some other requirements around first and second trimester abortions.

You can't kill a baby that's been born. That is completely and utterly false and a lie, so stop spreading it. Read the bill, see what changes they are making to the existing legislation, and get your facts straight.
That is not what the law says in NYS. You can abort the baby up until the day of delivery. After that is at the discretion of the mother and the doctor how they will proceed. What exactly does it matter if you kill the baby the day before he/she is born or just after. The excuse is the baby has severe medical issues. Or it could be that momma bear just decided she does not want the bundle of joy. In either case there was no cause for the disgusting display in the NYS senate where they gave themselves a standing ovation, patted themselves on the back at what they had done and probably adjourned to the local watering hole to celebrate. My wife was never able to have children. That fact caused her much heartache in her life. She also spent many hours consoling women who had just aborted their babies and were now racked with guilt at what they had just done. She would have given anything to have a baby. It broke her heart to witness so many women terminate their pregnancies for reasons like... I can't afford a baby right now. It is not my right to judge these women on the choices they make. It is their legal right to do so. When you start creeping up this procedure to the point of the babies birth... maybe Nancy Pelosi might also be able to say that that too is immoral. Maybe some of you folks can define for me what is immoral and what is not anymore?
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:09 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:03 pm I don't think you have answered anything Holmes. I will continue a conversation my wife has had recently with the 2 gastroenterology doctors she has worked with for over 20 years. Their concern with free stuff for everyone is how do they now get reimbursed? They are the best doctors in their field in upstate NY. They are the docs that all the other docs go to when they need a colonoscopy. A ball park figure they make somewhere north of 1500 dollars per procedure. They schedule procedures 2 or 3 times a week and average 14 to 16 procedures a day, uppers and lowers. My wife will be there on those days working from 6:00 am until 5:30 pm or until they are done. My question to you Holmes, since you have all the answers... what is the reimbursement rate to be for these doctors under single payer? Trick question because these doctors themselves have no idea. Since you do, please enlighten me what the new rate will be and explain how it effects the cost and quality of service? :roll: I am not the dumbass you think I am. I have a PhD from the college of common sense. The truth is like all of us other peons you have no freaking clue what the final cost will be. My doctorate in common sense tells me they will not be reimbursed at their present rate. Why??? because it would cost too much. Do you know what the new rate will be for a colonoscopy?? You can't answer that because nobody can. Maybe the next time you go in for a bargain basement colonoscopy you will have an NP sticking the scope up your ass. Does the thought of a perforated colon give you any cause to be concerned? :roll:
So if they don't know how much it costs now, what are they charging for it? How are they getting paid? How are they staying in business???

Medicare already covers and pays out for colonoscopies, so the .gov already knows how much they are paying in what areas, for what specific procedures, complications, etc. How about you ask them instead of a random forum?
What an ignorant response. Neither of these doctors accepts Medicaid patients for 2 reasons... they take months to get paid and the patients either don't show up on time or have never even bothered to do the prep. You do know what the prep is for? I so very much wish you could have this conversation with my wife... she would gut you like a fish. I hope if you have a colonoscopy that they give you a NP with a very nervous twitch or a bad case of the hiccups. :roll:
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:11 pm colonoscopies are a complete waste of time and money and prevent nothing. rarely detect anything but false flag pollipops. (we HAVE to remove it. While NOT a problem now )

everyone is so concerned about disease and death. it's gods will. that's what I believe. HE has a plan.

but, grossing $2 million a year is why they became part of the "do no harm" crowd. Aspen or Alta? (where the good docs ski)
You know how many times my wife has been in a procedure room with someone in their mid 60s with a massive tumor that has migrated to their liver. That tumor 15 years ago was a polyp that would have been snipped off and biopsied and you would have been on the 5 year program. No one should die of colon cancer today... no one except in rare circumstances. My wife goes in this fall and I go back in early next year. If you doubt me triple r ask Bat Magrath my local recording artist hero. he is dying of colon cancer right now. Why??? because he just never found the time to get a colonoscopy. I guess everybody gotta die sometime?
Bob Ross:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:26 pm What an ignorant response. Neither of these doctors accepts Medicaid patients for 2 reasons... they take months to get paid and the patients either don't show up on time or have never even bothered to do the prep. You do know what the prep is for? I so very much wish you could have this conversation with my wife... she would gut you like a fish. I hope if you have a colonoscopy that they give you a NP with a very nervous twitch or a bad case of the hiccups. :roll:
You call it ignorant and yet you confuse Medicare with Medicaid. There are terrible patients who are paying their own way or with great insurance - you can ask my wife, who has a Dr. in front of her name.

I've had a colonoscopy (and endoscopy, even more fun), I know the prep and what it entails.

And bring on any newcomers - I'd welcome the discussion!

Also, I was sarcastic in one of my previous responses, but you identified a major issue with the current system that you are so happy with - billing is a nightmare, dealing with so many insurance companies, providers and more. A simplified single-payer system would cut down on a lot of that bureaucracy and simplify costs and billing.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:33 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:11 pm colonoscopies are a complete waste of time and money and prevent nothing. rarely detect anything but false flag pollipops. (we HAVE to remove it. While NOT a problem now )

You know how many times my wife has been in a procedure room with someone in their mid 60s with a massive tumor that has migrated to their liver. That tumor 15 years ago was a polyp that would have been snipped off and biopsied and you would have been on the 5 year program. No one should die of colon cancer today... no one except in rare circumstances. My wife goes in this fall and I go back in early next year. If you doubt me triple r ask Bat Magrath my local recording artist hero. he is dying of colon cancer right now. Why??? because he just never found the time to get a colonoscopy. I guess everybody gotta die sometime?
fecal blood tests and sigmod-freud-oscopies are very good screening methods....and MUCH cheaper. and easier.

are you saying god doesn't have a plan? he told me he did
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:36 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:26 pm What an ignorant response. Neither of these doctors accepts Medicaid patients for 2 reasons... they take months to get paid and the patients either don't show up on time or have never even bothered to do the prep. You do know what the prep is for? I so very much wish you could have this conversation with my wife... she would gut you like a fish. I hope if you have a colonoscopy that they give you a NP with a very nervous twitch or a bad case of the hiccups. :roll:
You call it ignorant and yet you confuse Medicare with Medicaid. There are terrible patients who are paying their own way or with great insurance - you can ask my wife, who has a Dr. in front of her name.

I've had a colonoscopy (and endoscopy, even more fun), I know the prep and what it entails.

Also, I was sarcastic in one of my previous responses, but you identified a major issue with the current system that you are so happy with - billing is a nightmare, dealing with so many insurance companies, providers and more. A simplified single-payer system would cut down on a lot of that bureaucracy and simplify costs and billing.
but, then we wouldn't have publically funded investments now ....would we. Wait, would we? :roll:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:33 pm

fecal blood tests and sigmod-freud-oscopies are very good screening methods....and MUCH cheaper. and easier.

are you saying god doesn't have a plan? he told me he did
I don't know what gods plan is but if I can alter it a little bit I will
Bob Ross:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:36 pm

Not the first or last time I will be confused. My question to you still stands. These GI docs will never come close to being reimbursed at their present rates. That is my question to you how do you calculate the cost? Do you think a doctor making 1500 a procedure will do the same job for 300. I don't think so. What will happen is the top echelon doctors will migrate to concierge medicine and allow people to pay them out of their own pocket. Those other folks enjoying their free healthcare will get all the rest of the doctors that will work for minimum wage. Which doctor do you want sticking that scope into your nether regions? A highly skilled and well compensated doctor who takes pride in his/her work. The other option is the pimple faced newbie who just wants to do his 20 cases a day and get home and play video games. Was that a polyp I cruised past?? I don't know, probably not. They don't pay me enough to care one way or the other.
Bob Ross:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:09 pmNot the first or last time I will be confused. My question to you still stands. These GI docs will never come close to being reimbursed at their present rates. That is my question to you how do you calculate the cost? Do you think a doctor making 1500 a procedure will do the same job for 300. I don't think so. What will happen is the top echelon doctors will migrate to concierge medicine and allow people to pay them out of their own pocket. Those other folks enjoying their free healthcare will get all the rest of the doctors that will work for minimum wage. Which doctor do you want sticking that scope into your nether regions? A highly skilled and well compensated doctor who takes pride in his/her work. The other option is the pimple faced newbie who just wants to do his 20 cases a day and get home and play video games. Was that a polyp I cruised past?? I don't know, probably not. They don't pay me enough to care one way or the other.
Yes, they should be getting reimbursed at similar rates to what they are now getting reimbursed by Medicare.

This means that overall they will probably make a little less, yes. In that ratty socialist healthcare country Canada, your average GI docs seem to be making $250K a year in salary, with higher end docs making $400k-$500k. The US seems to be about 50K-100K higher per year on both counts with our current system, but $250k-$500K is still a heck of a take home.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:54 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:09 pmNot the first or last time I will be confused. My question to you still stands. These GI docs will never come close to being reimbursed at their present rates. That is my question to you how do you calculate the cost? Do you think a doctor making 1500 a procedure will do the same job for 300. I don't think so. What will happen is the top echelon doctors will migrate to concierge medicine and allow people to pay them out of their own pocket. Those other folks enjoying their free healthcare will get all the rest of the doctors that will work for minimum wage. Which doctor do you want sticking that scope into your nether regions? A highly skilled and well compensated doctor who takes pride in his/her work. The other option is the pimple faced newbie who just wants to do his 20 cases a day and get home and play video games. Was that a polyp I cruised past?? I don't know, probably not. They don't pay me enough to care one way or the other.
Yes, they should be getting reimbursed at similar rates to what they are now getting reimbursed by Medicare.

This means that overall they will probably make a little less, yes. In that ratty socialist healthcare country Canada, your average GI docs seem to be making $250K a year in salary, with higher end docs making $400k-$500k. The US seems to be about 50K-100K higher per year on both counts with our current system, but $250k-$500K is still a heck of a take home.
I appreciate you putting up with my very opinionated observations on this situation. I can only go back to the conversations my wife has had with the doctors she has worked with for a long time. They don't know what the rates will be. It is not like there is a wealth of information out there to gain knowledge from. BTW I don't disagree with your numbers, they seem pretty spot on. The problem is you can't compare the USA and Canada population wise when it comes to the number of patients each nation has to accommodate. The doctors my wife has known for so long work the crazy hours they do is because it is very lucrative for them and they love what they do. One of the doctors my wife works with will start procedures at 6:30 am and depending on how they go he will be at it until 5 or 6 pm. Then he has to go to his office and do all the paperwork from all of the procedures he did that day and make sure all the specimens he recovered in the course of the day were properly recorded and handled by his nurses. If your lucky you drag your ass home by 9 pm. You have already been at work since 5:30 or so getting ready. Have a cocktail, go to bed and start all over again at the hospital. I never want to see these dedicated doctors being replaced by cheaper alternatives because they are too expensive. The circle comes around again... How much will single payer cost? The only honest answer is that nobody knows. That can only be determined by the volume of patients that will now seek free medical care. Sort of like what happens when you put the sign outside you local burger joint... free food... the line starts here.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”