The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 pm He’s a fake, for sale, politician with no backbone, and no true north. There is no there, there.

He’s worse than a normal career politician because he’s a party politician- a total and complete sellout and fraud- to get ahead.

In that vein, he’s a proven plagiarist. He’s a catholic who chooses to ignore teachings on abortion, marriage and fidelity. Constant use of victim narratives and excuses. No accountability. He was happy to ride Obama’s coattails and be portrayed as the purveyor of social justice AFTER introducing the most institutionally racist policy of the past 30 years.

So what don’t I like about Biden? Pretty much all the things Kamala didn’t like about him. Until she was offered the VP slot.

Still, that said, despite disliking him personally, I respect the office he holds and am rooting for him to stay healthy and do well. Political pendulums swing pretty regularly. There’s a reason he was elected by the people.
This is close to 100% wrong. Demonstrably.

Should be an interesting eight years.
njbill

Post by njbill »

The former presidents club had a meeting this afternoon. Jimmy called in. They voted 4-0 to deny Donnie X’s application for membership.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:16 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:07 pm He’s a fake, for sale, politician with no backbone, and no true north. There is no there, there.

He’s worse than a normal career politician because he’s a party politician- a total and complete sellout and fraud- to get ahead.

In that vein, he’s a proven plagiarist. He’s a catholic who chooses to ignore teachings on abortion, marriage and fidelity. Constant use of victim narratives and excuses. No accountability. He was happy to ride Obama’s coattails and be portrayed as the purveyor of social justice AFTER introducing the most institutionally racist policy of the past 30 years.

So what don’t I like about Biden? Pretty much all the things Kamala didn’t like about him. Until she was offered the VP slot.

Still, that said, despite disliking him personally, I respect the office he holds and am rooting for him to stay healthy and do well. Political pendulums swing pretty regularly. There’s a reason he was elected by the people.
This is close to 100% wrong. Demonstrably.

Should be an interesting eight years.
The vitriol is fascinating.

One can think he's boring, not the smartest knife in the drawer, lost a step, old school pol...all sorts of things, but if you don't think he's fundamentally a good guy, a good human being who really does care about others, and ohh man, what a relief, then I don't know what to say...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Joe Biden: "If you're ever working with me and I hear you treated another colleague with disrespect, talk down to someone, I promise I will fire you on the spot. On the spot. No ifs, ands, or buts. Everybody, everybody is entitled to be treated with decency and dignity."
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

Krame only has to answer to God so the rest of this post is parenthetical. We know his opinion on abortion and why Biden would rub him the wrong way on that issue. I don’t know where he’s headed with his marriage and fidelity comment, especially due to his support of the most recent president. I’m just glad he’s not a “CINO”. Maybe the only Catholic in the world who isn’t.

Kudos to him for never having pre-marital sex with his spouse, or any sexual relations with any woman he dated.

I’m glad to assume he has never used, or participated in the use of, birth control of any sort. That includes calendar tracking of menstruation as that is also considered birth control and against Catholic practices.

He must be one of the few who participates in the sacrament of reconciliation before taking communion, as that’s also required in Catholic teaching.

Finally, much admiration to him for talking to his children about the importance to practice abstinence with anyone they date., and that nothing else is acceptable.

I could list more, but knowing Krame is the perfect Catholic that would be a waste of my time.
SCLaxAttack

Post by SCLaxAttack »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm
hit it out of the park though one of the old ladies we watched with didn't think so..."didn't get much out of it"...ahhh well, I suggested she might enjoy reading it, or watching with subtitles on...
It was the best thing, I thought, from the ceremony. Just riveting.

"Our blunders become their burdens but one thing is certain:

If we merge mercy with might, and might with right, then love becomes our legacy in change, our children’s birthright.

So let us leave behind a country better than the one we were left.

With every breath from my bronze-pounded chest, we will raise this wounded world into a wondrous one.

We will rise from the gold-rimmed hills of the west, we will rise from the winds swept northeast, where our forefathers first realized revolution.

We will rise from the lake-rinsed cities of the midwestern states.

We will rise from the sun-baked South.

We will rebuild, reconcile, and recover in every known nook of our nation and every corner called our country, our people diverse and beautiful will emerge battered and beautiful."
Gorman was fantastic, but I’m partial to Gaga’s anthem rendition. Best since Whitney.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:53 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:49 pm Seems as if your Pope is more understanding/forgiving than you are, kram.
Should get rid of this guy.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34118105
He’s a sellout
My stance and opinion on abortion has no bearing on anyone else. Nor is it my job to be forgiving, make religious law, or counsel anyone in those situations.

God provided free will. Live your life how you feel fit. It’s between you and your God.

If you’re upset about me having an opinion that’s different of yours, that’s on you as well.
Typical Lax Dad

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:34 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:49 pm Seems as if your Pope is more understanding/forgiving than you are, kram.
He’s a sellout
My stance and opinion on abortion has no bearing on anyone else. Nor is it my job to be forgiving, make religious law, or counsel anyone in those situations.

God provided free will. Live your life how you feel fit. It’s between you and your God.

If you’re upset about me having an opinion that’s different of yours, that’s on you as well.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

SCLaxAttack wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Krame only has to answer to God so the rest of this post is parenthetical. We know his opinion on abortion and why Biden would rub him the wrong way on that issue. I don’t know where he’s headed with his marriage and fidelity comment, especially due to his support of the most recent president. I’m just glad he’s not a “CINO”. Maybe the only Catholic in the world who isn’t.

Kudos to him for never having pre-marital sex with his spouse, or any sexual relations with any woman he dated.

I’m glad to assume he has never used, or participated in the use of, birth control of any sort. That includes calendar tracking of menstruation as that is also considered birth control and against Catholic practices.

He must be one of the few who participates in the sacrament of reconciliation before taking communion, as that’s also required in Catholic teaching.

Finally, much admiration to him for talking to his children about the importance to practice abstinence with anyone they date., and that nothing else is acceptable.

I could list more, but knowing Krame is the perfect Catholic that would be a waste of my time.
It would be a waste of your time.

Because given your examples, you obviously haven’t gotten to the part in the Catechism about venial vs mortal (grave) sins.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I think, for a little while, maybe a larger while, everything Biden (and so many others) says will be interpreted as a slight towards Trump.
Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
1 hour ago
Joe Biden: "Because of you, democracy has prevailed. That's why Jill and I, Kamala and Doug, wanted to make sure that our inauguration was not about us, but about you, the American people."
Caddy Day
DMac

Post by DMac »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:34 pm
He’s a sellout

Upset? I'm not at all upset and am actually on record as saying I respect your conviction to your beliefs.
My comment was about where you stand on Joe because of his views on abortion, which seem to me to be more in line with the Pope's than yours. I'd have to guess you're not too crazy about him either. I'm not a Pope kind of guy but I think this guy is a pretty good one as far as Popes go. No one suggested it's your job to be forgiving, make religious law, or counsel anyone in those situations, I was just comparing your stand to the Pope's, nothing more.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:56 pm I think, for a little while, maybe a larger while, everything Biden (and so many others) says will be interpreted as a slight towards Trump.
Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
1 hour ago
Joe Biden: "Because of you, democracy has prevailed. That's why Jill and I, Kamala and Doug, wanted to make sure that our inauguration was not about us, but about you, the American people."

You can bet that the Biden derangement syndrome will snowball in growth with every passing day here and everywhere else.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.newsweek.com/2013/06/26/avr ... 37616.html

Fascinating profile of the new DNI from 2013, when she was appointed Deputy Director of the CIA.

...I hope her luck as a pilot carries forward.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Gotcha.

But I would certainly hope that the pope would be a better example than me.

:lol:

Joe’s stance on abortion is just part of who he is as a politician. And it’s a part of the big picture that doesn’t sit well with me. But for the sanity of the board, I’m done belaboring the points.

Joe won. Wishing good luck and good health to him for the next 4 years. I’m pulling for him to do a great job and unify the country.
old salt

Post by old salt »

The news coverage this evening on BBC, DW & France24 was fascinating.

Relief that they don't have to deal with Trump any longer but worried that Trump retains such a substantial % of support.

NATO burden sharing, WTO compliance, Nordstream 2 sanctions & China trade/human rights remain thorny issues, even with Biden.

What are we going to do now that we don't have Trump to blame any longer ?
Last edited by old salt on Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Sanity of the board? Now that's helpless. ;)
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 pm The news coverage this evening on BBC, DW & France24 was fascinating.

Relief that they don't have to deal with Trump any longer but worried that Trump retains such a substantial % of support.

NATO burden sharing, WTO compliance, Nordstream 2 sanctions & China trade/human rights remain thorny issues, even with Biden.

What are we going to do now that we don't have Trump to blame any longer ?
Who cares.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:21 pm What are we going to do now that we don't have Trump to blame any longer ?
:lol:
As if you don't know.

Now it's right wing America's turn to have BDS. And you're not going to waste an hour of time before you get to it. Everything Biden will do will be wrong. And, of course, you're all going to pretend like the media isn't criticizing Biden.

And the media is going to do nothing but laugh at your complaints. And you'll have earned every bit of it. You'll find, yet again, that the media ain't liberal. It's centrist. And all they want is for Biden to keep the party going.

Meanwhile, the libs will show America how it's done, and hold Biden to account, and demand that he actually do something to help the American working class. Biden may still not lift a finger to do this, but the libs won't let him do that without making his term miserable.

My advice? Enjoy watching the libs hold Biden accountable.

Return to “POLITICS”