The Biden - Harris Era.

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: The Biden - Harris Era.

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:11 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:08 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:04 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:39 am Imagine that. "Catholic" Biden with invocation by another Catholic sellout - Fr Leo J O'Donovan.
Who are you to decide what the color of gray should be?
Membership has its privileges.

"we need to open our hearts to those who don't pray like you"..Joseph R. Biden Jr.
Agree.

And, we all know that veracity has never mattered with Joe Biden.
Why does his veracity bother?

Thought we were talking about abortion....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, that was refreshing...Roy Blunt had a good line about Klobuchar and snow, Lady Gaga hit it out the park...and it went from there. All the right notes IMO.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:36 pm There are lots of CINOs.
To quote RRR: Exactly.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Been listening to the youtube feed. These two are doing a great job and giving nice hotorical references. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-qYgs_ ... r4&index=1
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:14 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:39 am Imagine that. "Catholic" Biden with invocation by another Catholic sellout - Fr Leo J O'Donovan.

"we need to open our hearts to those who don't pray like you"..Joseph R. Biden Jr.
Agree.

No.

The religion and abortion issue is just a symptom of the lack of truthfullness with Biden. There’s much more that makes Joe full of sh1t than just his religion and stance on abortion.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Agree.

No. There’s much more that makes Joe full of sh1t than just his religion and stance on abortion.
:lol: :lol: the strain is strong. Enjoy the day.
“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU77 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:30 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:36 pm There are lots of CINOs.
To quote RRR: Exactly.
You don’t say?!
CU77 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:31 pm As a lifelong Catholic, one who goes to Mass every Sunday and every Holy Day, one who raised his kid in the Church, one who has been remarried to the same Catholic woman for 38 years, to you I say: f*** off.
AMDG, big guy!
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

hit it out of the park though one of the old ladies we watched with didn't think so..."didn't get much out of it"...ahhh well, I suggested she might enjoy reading it, or watching with subtitles on...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm
hit it out of the park though one of the old ladies we watched with didn't think so..."didn't get much out of it"...ahhh well, I suggested she might enjoy reading it, or watching with subtitles on...
It was the best thing, I thought, from the ceremony. Just riveting.

"Our blunders become their burdens but one thing is certain:

If we merge mercy with might, and might with right, then love becomes our legacy in change, our children’s birthright.

So let us leave behind a country better than the one we were left.

With every breath from my bronze-pounded chest, we will raise this wounded world into a wondrous one.

We will rise from the gold-rimmed hills of the west, we will rise from the winds swept northeast, where our forefathers first realized revolution.

We will rise from the lake-rinsed cities of the midwestern states.

We will rise from the sun-baked South.

We will rebuild, reconcile, and recover in every known nook of our nation and every corner called our country, our people diverse and beautiful will emerge battered and beautiful."
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Whoe set up the microphones and/or camera angles so that the bottom halves of faces were covered by the giant microphones?? :roll:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm hit it out of the park though one of the old ladies we watched with didn't think so..."didn't get much out of it"...ahhh well, I suggested she might enjoy reading it, or watching with subtitles on...
My wife is slightly hearing impaired; no problem in a one-on-one conversation, but TV is enough of challenge for her that we always have the subtitles on.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

The young lady was excellent. She apparently finished the piece on January 7 adding a stanza on the Capitol riot.

Joe's best line

“Here’s the thing about life. There’s no accounting for what fate will deal you. Some days you need a hand. On other days, we’re called on to lend a hand. That’s how it has to be. That’s what we do for one another.”

Chris Wallace said on Faux News it was the best inauguration speech since JFK in 1961. I'm sure he'll now be demoted promptly.
njbill

Post by njbill »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:23 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:16 pm
It was the best thing, I thought, from the ceremony. Just riveting.

"Our blunders become their burdens but one thing is certain:

If we merge mercy with might, and might with right, then love becomes our legacy in change, our children’s birthright.

So let us leave behind a country better than the one we were left.

With every breath from my bronze-pounded chest, we will raise this wounded world into a wondrous one.

We will rise from the gold-rimmed hills of the west, we will rise from the winds swept northeast, where our forefathers first realized revolution.

We will rise from the lake-rinsed cities of the midwestern states.

We will rise from the sun-baked South.

We will rebuild, reconcile, and recover in every known nook of our nation and every corner called our country, our people diverse and beautiful will emerge battered and beautiful."
Agreed. Amazingly eloquent and moving. My daughter kept peppering me with texts about her. She knew a lot more about her than I did, which was nothing.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:38 pm

Agree.

No.

The religion and abortion issue is just a symptom of the lack of truthfullness with Biden. There’s much more that makes Joe full of sh1t than just his religion and stance on abortion.
I'm listening....specifically, what bothers you.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

He’s a fake, for sale, politician with no backbone, and no true north. There is no there, there.

He’s worse than a normal career politician because he’s a party politician- a total and complete sellout and fraud- to get ahead.

In that vein, he’s a proven plagiarist. He’s a catholic who chooses to ignore teachings on abortion, marriage and fidelity. Constant use of victim narratives and excuses. No accountability. He was happy to ride Obama’s coattails and be portrayed as the purveyor of social justice AFTER introducing the most institutionally racist policy of the past 30 years.

So what don’t I like about Biden? Pretty much all the things Kamala didn’t like about him. Until she was offered the VP slot.

Still, that said, despite disliking him personally, I respect the office he holds and am rooting for him to stay healthy and do well. Political pendulums swing pretty regularly. There’s a reason he was elected by the people.
Tommy No

Post by Tommy No »

DMac

Post by DMac »

Seems as if your Pope is more understanding/forgiving than you are, kram.
Should get rid of this guy.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34118105
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:49 pm Seems as if your Pope is more understanding/forgiving than you are, kram.
Should get rid of this guy.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34118105
He’s a sellout
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”