CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:26 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:23 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:20 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:10 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:48 pm It was so stupid. Forget even IP. Our focus should've been on making/managing/improving relationships with countries that are sources of rare earth materials (think Lithium) which China has been hoarding. This is the stuff of the future and we're pussyfooting around with ag tarriffs to protect an industry that can't even elevate third world countries out of extreme poverty even when said country is dominant in an important commodity food product.
Completely agree.

It’s what happens when you have a president (Trump) and a party (the Republican Party) stuck on ideas from the 1950s.

DocBarrister :?
I tried explaining this to some of my ag related family in WNY and they think I'm attacking their efforts or jobs out of some sense of superiority but it was really just explaining macroeconomics to them. Food products are way down the "value add" chain in a global economy. They have zero ability to lift anyone out of poverty and wont in the future. It's a trojan horse.
Well, family is family ... what can you do?

DocBarrister ;)
Luckily they all know I have an irrational level of support for bloodlines. Some would or have been offended, right or wrong, but they aren't walking away from me and vice-versa. Just trying to drag them into the light a little so that they don't stress and cause harm to themselves worrying about the wrong things. Thankfully for me because I understand families have been torn apart by this.
The knowledge you spread is awesome. As the smartest guy in the room on Thanksgiving I bet your family really does love seeing you!

:lol:
I knew someone would pick that comment off. Let me say this, my dead father with an associates degree from Corning Community College would drop knowledge on them if he wanted to. He's the only one of the siblings and cousins who really got away. One went to York, PA, but remained insular to that smaller rural world (died of cancer in 2013), one got lucky as a line manager w Kodak w a 2yr degree until they crashed and got bought out sometime in the early mid 2000s (killed himself in the Rome, NY area in 2014) and one stayed in Bath (miserable with a bad husband and has a ventilator and in a chair most of the time becuase of some issues like diabetes or whatnot screwing circulation to the legs. Cousins all in the Stueben Co area. You have no idea what this area is like. 67% of kids in school are on free/reduced lunches, meth and oxy are out of control.
There's no jobs and no future there. They don't know better and the older generations didn't teach them to even care to look outside a very limited world. Generally good people, definitely racist, but generally don't know better and never were exposed to a broad world and have had no interest in checking it out. My dad at least got into a semi urban area in Binghamton but more importantly soaked everything up when I lived in DC, NYC and briefly Atlanta before moving on. He also visited me in Denmark having never crossed the Atlantic and happily jaunted through Christiania with me. It's got nothing about education and everything about being open minded and interested in the world outside their little one.

If you haven't lived around this type of people you really have no idea. They'll always be my family but they're likely to never get it. Hope you actually do and are just talking 'ish, which is fine, I'm good with that. But you mistake my comment for a lack of respect for my family and the lives they have and continue to live if you believe anything close to your comment.

What are you doing with your family, fondling balls and stroking egos? Being dishonest with them and doing the ultimate disservice to someone you would supposedly care about? Make it about yourself and your ego? Talk about baby killing?
My grandmother grew up and lived in Corning NY. So yes, we just fondle balls and stroke egos.

Glad you “keep it real” to educate what’s left of your poor, uneducated, racist, parochial, drug-addled, hayseed family.

(Your description, not mine)

It’s really a community service you are providing.
And of course you don't get it. No worries, I'm not surprised you completely misunderstand simple concepts as is evidenced by your paraphrasing incorrectly.

BTW, how many times have you been in the Corning area in the last decade? Here's where I buried my father in 2012.

google.com/maps/place/Nondaga+Cemetery,+Bath,+NY+14810/@42.340187,-77.3058772,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf715ae0475ee47!8m2!3d42.340187!4d-77.3058772
Actually, Gallagher committed war crimes...as did those Blackwater guys pardoned by Trump....all good with Salty...but, boy, Sherill really shouldn't haven mentioned her service...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:51 pm Ok. So why did he make the poor decision to get into politics if it's such common knowledge that military and politics don't mix as you stated here and a number of times previously. What is the defect that allowed him to make such a decision? Not paranoia certainly.
Lock her up.

Working for the Turks on Election Day.

Lied about call with Russians.

or lied to judge when he said he lied to FBI...

martial law...yeah, I know, he was just say'in that a President has that power... :roll:

But hey, just fine for him to get involved in politics...use his service as his sole basis for any reason to be on stage at all...give him a pass...but Mikie, shame on her...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:54 pm Actually, Gallagher committed war crimes...as did those Blackwater guys pardoned by Trump....all good with Salty...but, boy, Sherill really shouldn't haven mentioned her service...
Gallagher's only war crime was posing for a pic with a body with his entire team. His punishment was time served.

The Blackwater guys served prison time.

Pres Biden should pardon LT Sherrill for politicizing her military service.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:51 pm Ok. So why did he make the poor decision to get into politics if it's such common knowledge that military and politics don't mix as you stated here and a number of times previously. What is the defect that allowed him to make such a decision? Not paranoia certainly.
I didn't say it was common knowledge. It's my opinion.
Flynn probably wishes now he had shared my opinion about getting involved in politics.
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:52 pm If I disagree with Biden's policy, it doesn't make me partisan nor does it make me a Republican... it simply means I disagree with the policy. Can you possibly understand the nuance?
This is the heart of the bickering we're doing here, so let's just cut to the chase:

Tell me what Biden should do with China. Broad, simple strokes will suffice.

Then you can't come back later and tell us that "he's doing it wrong". You'll be on the record.

And remember-----you just gave Trump a full pass for how he handled Trade during Covid. So you have to do the same for Biden while the virus rages.

And from there.....you just told us that Obama's response to China and Trade was "impotent".

Trump's term is over. Did Trump succeed with China?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 pm
tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:52 pm If I disagree with Biden's policy, it doesn't make me partisan nor does it make me a Republican... it simply means I disagree with the policy. Can you possibly understand the nuance?
This is the heart of the bickering we're doing here, so let's just cut to the chase:

Tell me what Biden should do with China. Broad, simple strokes will suffice.

Then you can't come back later and tell us that "he's doing it wrong". You'll be on the record.

And remember-----you just gave Trump a full pass for how he handled Trade during Covid. So you have to do the same for Biden while the virus rages.

And from there.....you just told us that Obama's response to China and Trade was "impotent".

Trump's term is over. Did Trump succeed with China?
Moving this to Biden/Harris Era for now...
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 pm Tell me what Biden should do with China. Broad, simple strokes will suffice.
Schedule a port visit in Taiwan for a US Navy guided missile destroyer.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:44 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:32 pm Tell me what Biden should do with China. Broad, simple strokes will suffice.
And this will accomplish----what? This will make them stop stealing IP?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:54 pm
😂😂 Yep....that’s what Biden should do because NOW it matters... 🤡
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:58 pm
If Joltin Joe needs any advice on how to run the country i hope he finds his way over to our humble little forum. :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

Well, you have to admit---the next four years it's going to be utterly hilarious watching the TrumpApologists try and come up with stuff that Biden "is doing wrong".....without everyone laughing a them. :lol:

Oh well. It's not like they all didn't see this coming.....but I'm sure they'll all feign surprise.
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:14 pm
If Joltin Joe needs any advice on how to run the country i hope he finds his way over to our humble little forum. :D
He can aks.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

:lol: :lol: All in good fun....

I can see it now, Biden asks a question around here & ...

~ TLD will post emoji's and youtube clips, followed up with a story about a friend he knows and more questions
~ MLDLAX writes a novel and biden falls asleep while reading it
~ seacoster quotes the NYT as a reply
~ njbill asks for a retainer
~ docB tells him he needs to put AOC and Bernie on it, then asks for Joe's autograph.
~ afan tells him no answers shall be given until he gets his consumption tax
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:30 pm

~ TLD will post emoji's and youtube clips, followed up with a story about a friend he knows and more questions
~ docB tells him he needs to put AOC and Bernie on it, then asks for Joe's autograph.
Thanks YA, I have ice tea dripping out my nostrils. The funniest and truest post on this forum this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

He probably knows one of my friends. He worked security detail for Clinton. I last saw him in Harlem when Clinton was running. We played LL baseball together and his father was an assistant principal at my high school. Dude is basically a full time golfer now. It’s a small world.

EDIT:

👍 😀
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
njbill

Post by njbill »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:56 pm

He probably knows one of my friends. He worked security detail for Clinton. I last saw him in Harlem when Clinton was running. We played LL baseball together and his father was an assistant principal at my high school. Dude is basically a full time golfer now. It’s a small world.

EDIT:

👍 😀
$20,000 a day. If it’s good for Rudy, it’s good for me. 😀
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
3 hours ago
The Biden administration plans to make domestic terrorism a key focus of the National Security Council.

Officials have been looking at ways to shift government resources that have been used for counterterrorism to combating domestic terrorism.
nbcnews.to/3sxXvYa
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:59 pm Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
3 hours ago
The Biden administration plans to make domestic terrorism a key focus of the National Security Council.

Officials have been looking at ways to shift government resources that have been used for counterterrorism to combating domestic terrorism.
nbcnews.to/3sxXvYa
Good.

It’ll also balance out the White House Gender Policy Council. 😉
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard

Return to “POLITICS”