Orange Duce

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: Orange Duce

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:20 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:11 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:40 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:20 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:49 pm Much to the delight of Dr. Jill.
Tru Dat.

I can just imagine Jill trying to keep a straight face as Mel tried to show her around the White House...with that accent...
Goodness gracious.....I think MD just threw shade, at woman non-the-less, for her accent....talk about chauvinistic and looking down foreigners. :lol:
I doubled and tripled down with Salty...
Why do you still hate women that have accents? That goes against your basic nature does it not? ;)
nah, I find accents sexy...no hate there! ;)

But Mel absolutely begs for disdain...by her actions not her accent.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:21 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:57 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:44 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:21 am Pretty good podcast w George Will in the Republican Party and Trump. Hosted by a guy (I love) Russ Robert and his show EconTalk

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/e ... 0449958658
Thanks.
George Will has been a steadfast conservative thinker and commentator for decades. I'll listen later today.

And an Orioles fan...once sat 4 seats away from him, he scoring the game on his lap.
4 seats away and you didn't get his autograph?? Shame on you. :D You must be a glutton for punishment with all the years Peter Angelos destroyed that baseball team. When our Rochester Red Wings were still their farm team Angelos took a beating from every sports writer in our town about his mis-management. I guess since it is his team he can run it however he wants.
I once flew George Will, Sam Donaldson, & Cokie Roberts on a charter from Teterboro to Wash National.
They were really nice & fun. I didn't tell George I was a Cardinal fan until they were exiting the plane.
:D I bet George simply appreciated that you knew he was an O's fan! He's quite eloquent on the subject of baseball. When guys like him talk about the sport, I remember the aspects that I enjoyed, even the pacing (though way too slow today)...Brooks was my favorite player because of the way he was such a student of the hitters and his own pitchers, anticipating their tendencies based on the pitch he knew was coming...fabulous hands and reactions, clutch player, but a huge aspect was his preparation.

Sam always seemed to rub me the wrong way, dour and disagreeable, maybe a more fun fella in a relaxed setting? Cokie came across to me as whip, sharp as a tack, likely to have all sorts of fun stories and a ready laugh.
They are lucky, OS could have jettisoned them out of the back of the plane, yet he did not. :D
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 am
Tru Dat.

I can just imagine Jill trying to keep a straight face as Mel tried to show her around the White House...with that accent...
Goodness gracious.....I think MD just threw shade, at woman non-the-less, for her accent....talk about chauvinistic and looking down foreigners. :lol:
Why do you still hate women that have accents? That goes against your basic nature does it not? ;)

Point taken, but I still love her accent. What the heck she ever saw in Trump outside of his money is beyond me. Her and Arnold would have been a great couple.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:40 am First, he failed to put the national-security interests of the United States ahead of his own political needs.
and this first one is an enormous umbrella. Enormous.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:11 am
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:40 am First, he failed to put the national-security interests of the United States ahead of his own political needs.
Which is why he remains an enormous threat out of office. Who knows what secrets will get spilled to our adversaries in an attempt to right his financial/legal ship...
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:14 am
Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:11 am
Which is why he remains an enormous threat out of office. Who knows what secrets will get spilled to our adversaries in an attempt to right his financial/legal ship...
One would think he would be as heavy scrutinized as the Clinton and Obama...a Trump will be indicted before a Clinton.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

foreverlax wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 am One would think he would be as heavy scrutinized as the Clinton and Obama...a Trump will be indicted before a Clinton.
Are you suggesting that Pres. Obama should be indicted for something?
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

DMac wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8IqZXy1s8
Reminds me of friends! I remember my french friend Cecile left a voice message on my answering machine in college. I played it back when she was in my room and couldn’t believe how she sounded! In her mind her English was perfect. She couldn’t stop laughing when she heard it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dave Weigel @daveweigel
4 hours ago
Today’s gotta be the day

Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Kyle Griffin@kylegriffin1
4 hours ago
Trump's final first term approval rating looks to be the lowest on record dating back since scientific polling began. cnn.it/3sMhwum
Caddy Day
DMac

Post by DMac »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 am
DMac wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:39 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq8IqZXy1s8
Reminds me of friends! I remember my french friend Cecile left a voice message on my answering machine in college. I played it back when she was in my room and couldn’t believe how she sounded! In her mind her English was perfect. She couldn’t stop laughing when she heard it.
Yup. I like accents too, find them entertaining and interesting. Having bounced around the world quite a bit and experienced many different accents, I think I'm pretty good at figuring where a person is from pretty quickly by their accent. I'm usually right or pretty darn close. Funny thing about what they hear and what you (we) hear. I don't doubt that my mom spoke with an accent (German) but I couldn't hear it, all sounded perfectly natural to me (she spoke better English than most Americans). I've asked some of my friends and they say, yeah, a little bit of an accent. Just hard to get it right in a foreign tongue. Filipinos and Fs...always come out as Ps...dead give away when trying to figure out where that person is from. I get a kick out of all.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:26 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:22 am
Tru Dat.

Point taken, but I still love her accent. What the heck she ever saw in Trump outside of his money is beyond me. Her and Arnold would have been a great couple.
Typical Lax Dad

DMac wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:41 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:28 am
Yup. I like accents too, find them entertaining and interesting. Having bounced around the world quite a bit and experienced many different accents, I think I'm pretty good at figuring where a person is from pretty quickly by their accent. I'm usually right or pretty darn close. Funny thing about what they hear and what you (we) hear. I don't doubt that my mom spoke with an accent (German) but I couldn't hear it, all sounded perfectly natural to me (she spoke better English than most Americans). I've asked some of my friends and they say, yeah, a little bit of an accent. Just hard to get it right in a foreign tongue. Filipinos and Fs...always come out as Ps...dead give away when trying to figure out where that person is from. I get a kick out of all.
You need to axe somebody!

Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Jake Tapper @jaketapper
28m
Former White House Chief of Staff and retired Marine General John Kelly was invited to the Trump send-off but won’t be able to attend because he has other pressing commitments, he tells CNN.

Kelly didn’t hold back in his criticism of Trump after the terrorist attack the president incited so the invitation would seem to suggest a real lack of participants.
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

24 hours...
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:08 pm
Jake Tapper @jaketapper
28m
Former White House Chief of Staff and retired Marine General John Kelly was invited to the Trump send-off but won’t be able to attend because he has other pressing commitments, he tells CNN.

Kelly didn’t hold back in his criticism of Trump after the terrorist attack the president incited so the invitation would seem to suggest a real lack of participants.
He will be busy flossing his teeth.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:20 am
foreverlax wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:16 am One would think he would be as heavy scrutinized as the Clinton and Obama...a Trump will be indicted before a Clinton.
Are you suggesting that Pres. Obama should be indicted for something?
Nope nope W, but some of that ilk think BHO, and JBiden for that matter, are corrupt.

Not knowing what the deal is with HBiden...suspect he gets jammed up on tax evasion...maybe before Trump.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Tru Dat.

:lol: ...Salty made him do it.

Return to “POLITICS”