CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What other cohorts could this have so easily occured too?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/wounded-wa ... ion-money/
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
tech37

Post by tech37 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 am Biden will be back in the driver seat. Let's see if he reverts back to appeasement
:lol: More partisan horsesh*t.

Here's some more "horsesh*t" for you to consider:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -ascendant

"Barack Obama’s ‘Asian pivot’ failed. China is in the ascendancy"

"When the president came to power, he vowed to look east with his foreign policy. But as he prepares to leave office, the US looks increasingly impotent in the region"

"Obama’s impotence has intensified questions in Japan and elsewhere about the credibility of the American security umbrella, encouraging nationalists who argue that Tokyo should re-arm in earnest – or even deploy its own nuclear weapons. But their main concern is not North Korea – it is China."

Here's what you're telling me. Trump starts a fake war so he can impress guys like you. It works. You buy it hook, line, and sinker. You're telling me, just as Trump wants you to.....that Trump "stood up to China".

And by "stood up to China", you mean:

1. increase Chinese imports to record levels

https://apnews.com/article/donald-trump ... 395deee68d

"Hammered by the coronavirus and its fallout on the world economy, total U.S. trade -- exports plus imports -- is down 15.1% so far this year to $3.2 trillion.

“Overall, trade flows remain subdued and the outlook is uncertain given a muted global growth and demand backdrop,” said Rubeela Farooqi, chief U.S. economist at High Frequency Economics."

Obviously all trade is effected by Covid.

2. do permanent damage to American farm exports by not bothering to help American farmers find other buyers for their grains etc.

Have some back up here or is this your opinion?

3. make things worse by handing out billions in cash ($30 freaking Billion, for firetruck's sake) to Farmers in full view of the Chinese government. What the firetruck message do you think this idiotic move sent to Chinese negotiators?

May or may not have mattered. Opinion unless you provide something factual.

4. don't bother to find trading partners for American firms so that we're less reliant on Chinese goods.

In time they may have.

5. continue to offer visas to Chinese students, allowing them to rip off Intellectual Property. This is what the whole fake Trade War is supposed to be about, remember? So why did Trump allow these students in? Answer: because the goal isn't to "fix" IP theft.

https://cen.acs.org/policy/Trump-bans-C ... -US/98/i22

"US President Donald J. Trump signed an order late last month canceling visas and barring entry for Chinese students, postdocs, and other visiting scientists associated with China’s “military-civil fusion strategy.”

Had he gone further, the cries of racism would have been deafening.

6. The China-US trade gap is now worse than ever.

All trade is a mess due to Covid.

7. Most important of all, China is still ripping off IP. Rendering the whole exercise pointless. And costly.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... -property/

"Trump administration considers blacklisting Chinese companies that repeatedly steal U.S. intellectual property"

"Navarro’s team has explored the possibility of blacklisting Chinese companies that violate numerous U.S. copyright and patent laws by placing them on the Commerce Department’s “entity list,” according to the people familiar with the matter, who requested anonymity because they are not authorized to speak publicly."

Check the date...then Covid hit...all bets were off after that.

And your game here is that if Biden puts an end to the above *hitshow...you think he's "appeasing" China.

Not playing a game. "*hitshow" is subjective. Post Covid, a lot of things are a *hitshow.

But yeah, you're not a partisan. And it's yet another tech "coincidence" that FoxNation will claim that Biden is appeasing China if
he undoes all of Trump's economic damage----that did NOTHING to change China's behavior.

If I disagree with Biden's policy, it doesn't make me partisan nor does it make me a Republican... it simply means I disagree with the policy. Can you possibly understand the nuance?
tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 am ... or joins the rest of the world in heightened scrutiny of China aggression and unlawful behavior.
:lol: "The rest of the world" hasn't done squat about Chinese "aggression". What are you talking about? Trump didn't bother to get any help in dealing with China, remember?

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/ne ... 224648.cms

"8 countries form alliance to counter China"

A group of senior lawmakers from eight democracies including the U.S. have launched a new cross-parliamentary alliance to help counter what they say is the threat China’s growing influence poses to global trade, security and human rights.

"Europe changes its mind on China"

"Over the past few years, the European Union and a handful of other European countries have reluctantly moved away from a China policy organized around economic engagement toward a policy of limiting China’s influence in Europe for strategic and security reasons. This is a distinctly and uniquely European style of balancing, which involves marshaling Europe’s internal power and working to build unity across member states. It has almost nothing to do with kinetic military power and is instead focused on technology, diplomacy, economics, and politics."
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:50 pm...people will allow all sorts of nonsense to occur if you just tell them "hey I served". ...
That's precisely my point about eagle eyed veteran LT Sherrill & her unique ability to spot a MAGA recce mission of the Capital, ...after her chief of staff told her about it.

Mission Accomplished : https://www.insidernj.com/leader-shows- ... -sherrill/
A Leader Shows up from New Jersey – Her Name is Mikie Sherrill
Meanwhile, Sherrill’s national profile has increased greatly, making her political future more interesting to watch.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

But you don't know, you are assuming or educated guessing at best. And you haven't applied this evenly amongst public figures. What would I see if I pulled up your comments on Gallagher? Or Flynn. Recall the original point was your uneven application of this scrutiny. It's always skewed to the side you are defending. Not to mention the continued quick dismissal of female "public figures".

And not being a public figure doesn't excuse using service (of any kind, not just military) to get a free pass either.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:02 pm But you don't know, you are assuming or educated guessing at best. And you haven't applied this evenly amongst public figures. What would I see if I pulled up your comments on Gallagher? Or Flynn. Recall the original point was your uneven application of this scrutiny. It's always skewed to the side you are defending. Not to mention the continued quick dismissal of female "public figures".

And not being a public figure doesn't excuse using service (of any kind, not just military) to get a free pass either.
You do realize that Gallagher was found not guilty at Court Martial right ? He'd been selected for promotion & submitted for a Silver Star before a few disgruntled juniors turned on him. The Chain of Command blew it by interfering in the judicial process trying to make an example of him & the JAG prosecutor got reprimanded for malfeasance.

Flynn's military record speaks for itself. It was authenticated & praised, even by senior officers he'd worked for, who later criticized him after he joined Trump's campaign. He was in over his head in the political world & screwed up. That does not erase all the good he did as a soldier or excuse the abuses of power by those who came after him. It's disappointing, but not surprising, that he is paranoid & has gone off the deep end.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:33 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:34 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:23 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:20 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:10 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:03 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:48 pm It was so stupid. Forget even IP. Our focus should've been on making/managing/improving relationships with countries that are sources of rare earth materials (think Lithium) which China has been hoarding. This is the stuff of the future and we're pussyfooting around with ag tarriffs to protect an industry that can't even elevate third world countries out of extreme poverty even when said country is dominant in an important commodity food product.
Completely agree.

It’s what happens when you have a president (Trump) and a party (the Republican Party) stuck on ideas from the 1950s.

DocBarrister :?
I tried explaining this to some of my ag related family in WNY and they think I'm attacking their efforts or jobs out of some sense of superiority but it was really just explaining macroeconomics to them. Food products are way down the "value add" chain in a global economy. They have zero ability to lift anyone out of poverty and wont in the future. It's a trojan horse.
Well, family is family ... what can you do?

DocBarrister ;)
Luckily they all know I have an irrational level of support for bloodlines. Some would or have been offended, right or wrong, but they aren't walking away from me and vice-versa. Just trying to drag them into the light a little so that they don't stress and cause harm to themselves worrying about the wrong things. Thankfully for me because I understand families have been torn apart by this.
The knowledge you spread is awesome. As the smartest guy in the room on Thanksgiving I bet your family really does love seeing you!

:lol:
I knew someone would pick that comment off. Let me say this, my dead father with an associates degree from Corning Community College would drop knowledge on them if he wanted to. He's the only one of the siblings and cousins who really got away. One went to York, PA, but remained insular to that smaller rural world (died of cancer in 2013), one got lucky as a line manager w Kodak w a 2yr degree until they crashed and got bought out sometime in the early mid 2000s (killed himself in the Rome, NY area in 2014) and one stayed in Bath (miserable with a bad husband and has a ventilator and in a chair most of the time becuase of some issues like diabetes or whatnot screwing circulation to the legs. Cousins all in the Stueben Co area. You have no idea what this area is like. 67% of kids in school are on free/reduced lunches, meth and oxy are out of control.
There's no jobs and no future there. They don't know better and the older generations didn't teach them to even care to look outside a very limited world. Generally good people, definitely racist, but generally don't know better and never were exposed to a broad world and have had no interest in checking it out. My dad at least got into a semi urban area in Binghamton but more importantly soaked everything up when I lived in DC, NYC and briefly Atlanta before moving on. He also visited me in Denmark having never crossed the Atlantic and happily jaunted through Christiania with me. It's got nothing about education and everything about being open minded and interested in the world outside their little one.

If you haven't lived around this type of people you really have no idea. They'll always be my family but they're likely to never get it. Hope you actually do and are just talking 'ish, which is fine, I'm good with that. But you mistake my comment for a lack of respect for my family and the lives they have and continue to live if you believe anything close to your comment.

What are you doing with your family, fondling balls and stroking egos? Being dishonest with them and doing the ultimate disservice to someone you would supposedly care about? Make it about yourself and your ego? Talk about baby killing?
My grandmother grew up and lived in Corning NY. So yes, we just fondle balls and stroke egos.

Glad you “keep it real” to educate what’s left of your poor, uneducated, racist, parochial, drug-addled, hayseed family.

(Your description, not mine)

It’s really a community service you are providing.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yes, post service behavior doesn't erase someones service, but it can be overwhelmed by the balance of their life. In Flynn's case he's destroyed all goodwill he would've carried by his post military behavior. You can't silo service and say it outweighs everything else. No matter how many ways you try to deny it, Flynn wanted marshal law and had no interest in defending this constitution. It's that simple. Could save tens of thousands of lives and it still isn't enough to overcome what he's done and been in the past few years alone. Basically a mitigating circumstance in someone getting the needle or life in prison is all the service provides him at this point.

You ripped Vindman and others who had similar or superior accolades so I'm in no way persuaded by Gallagher's accomodations. Same story different day, one day you'll tell me this is no evidence of anything and the next day it's clear cut proof someone is an excellent person. No consistency whatsoever other than that it's always one-sided and you fit the narrative you want to sell to the person. That's what we're talking about here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:48 pm It was so stupid. Forget even IP. Our focus should've been on making/managing/improving relationships with countries that are sources of rare earth materials (think Lithium) which China has been hoarding. This is the stuff of the future and we're pussyfooting around with ag tarriffs to protect an industry that can't even elevate third world countries out of extreme poverty even when said country is dominant in an important commodity food product.
Completely agree.

It’s what happens when you have a president (Trump) and a party (the Republican Party) stuck on ideas from the 1950s.

I tried explaining this to some of my ag related family in WNY and they think I'm attacking their efforts or jobs out of some sense of superiority but it was really just explaining macroeconomics to them. Food products are way down the "value add" chain in a global economy. They have zero ability to lift anyone out of poverty and wont in the future. It's a trojan horse.

DocBarrister ;)
Luckily they all know I have an irrational level of support for bloodlines. Some would or have been offended, right or wrong, but they aren't walking away from me and vice-versa. Just trying to drag them into the light a little so that they don't stress and cause harm to themselves worrying about the wrong things. Thankfully for me because I understand families have been torn apart by this.
The knowledge you spread is awesome. As the smartest guy in the room on Thanksgiving I bet your family really does love seeing you!

I knew someone would pick that comment off. Let me say this, my dead father with an associates degree from Corning Community College would drop knowledge on them if he wanted to. He's the only one of the siblings and cousins who really got away. One went to York, PA, but remained insular to that smaller rural world (died of cancer in 2013), one got lucky as a line manager w Kodak w a 2yr degree until they crashed and got bought out sometime in the early mid 2000s (killed himself in the Rome, NY area in 2014) and one stayed in Bath (miserable with a bad husband and has a ventilator and in a chair most of the time becuase of some issues like diabetes or whatnot screwing circulation to the legs. Cousins all in the Stueben Co area. You have no idea what this area is like. 67% of kids in school are on free/reduced lunches, meth and oxy are out of control.
There's no jobs and no future there. They don't know better and the older generations didn't teach them to even care to look outside a very limited world. Generally good people, definitely racist, but generally don't know better and never were exposed to a broad world and have had no interest in checking it out. My dad at least got into a semi urban area in Binghamton but more importantly soaked everything up when I lived in DC, NYC and briefly Atlanta before moving on. He also visited me in Denmark having never crossed the Atlantic and happily jaunted through Christiania with me. It's got nothing about education and everything about being open minded and interested in the world outside their little one.

If you haven't lived around this type of people you really have no idea. They'll always be my family but they're likely to never get it. Hope you actually do and are just talking 'ish, which is fine, I'm good with that. But you mistake my comment for a lack of respect for my family and the lives they have and continue to live if you believe anything close to your comment.

What are you doing with your family, fondling balls and stroking egos? Being dishonest with them and doing the ultimate disservice to someone you would supposedly care about? Make it about yourself and your ego? Talk about baby killing?
My grandmother grew up and lived in Corning NY. So yes, we just fondle balls and stroke egos.

Glad you “keep it real” to educate what’s left of your poor, uneducated, racist, parochial, drug-addled, hayseed family.

And of course you don't get it. No worries, I'm not surprised you completely misunderstand simple concepts as is evidenced by your paraphrasing incorrectly.

BTW, how many times have you been in the Corning area in the last decade? Here's where I buried my father in 2012.

google.com/maps/place/Nondaga+Cemetery,+Bath,+NY+14810/@42.340187,-77.3058772,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0xf715ae0475ee47!8m2!3d42.340187!4d-77.3058772
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Completely agree.

DocBarrister ;)

Also pretty funny how you describe Baltimore and other urban areas and then play this side when discussing a truly depressed area you know very little about despite the goofy "I once had a distant cousin who spent six weeks there in 1947" line as if that is some evidence of knowledge of the area.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 pm
Completely agree.

DocBarrister ;)

Also pretty funny how you describe Baltimore and other urban areas and then play this side when discussing a truly depressed area you know very little about despite the goofy "I once had a distant cousin who spent six weeks there in 1947" line as if that is some evidence of knowledge of the area.
Like in everything, you’re the self-appointed expert.

Tell us more, Smartest Guy in the Room! Educate us!
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm Yes, post service behavior doesn't erase someones service, but it can be overwhelmed by the balance of their life. In Flynn's case he's destroyed all goodwill he would've carried by his post military behavior. You can't silo service and say it outweighs everything else. No matter how many ways you try to deny it, Flynn wanted marshal law and had no interest in defending this constitution. It's that simple. Could save tens of thousands of lives and it still isn't enough to overcome what he's done and been in the past few years alone. Basically a mitigating circumstance in someone getting the needle or life in prison is all the service provides him at this point.

You ripped Vindman and others who had similar or superior accolades so I'm in no way persuaded by Gallagher's accomodations. Same story different day, one day you'll tell me this is no evidence of anything and the next day it's clear cut proof someone is an excellent person. No consistency whatsoever other than that it's always one-sided and you fit the narrative you want to sell to the person. That's what we're talking about here.
I never said Flynn's service invalidated anything. You brought it up. I maintain that he was targeted by the IC after he left the service & joined the Trump campaign. The record bears that out. Flynn retweeted a tweet. He never called for martial law, denied it & said the constitutional process had to be followed.

Vindmann jumped the chain of command, usurped the power of the President & sabotaged the President's foreign policy because he disagreed with it. He was selected for promotion but chose to leave the service. Had he remained, with Biden's election, he'd be a golden boy.

It's politics. Military & politics don't mix well. The military person usually is diminished in the process when he/she becomes a partisan or a cause celebre. Politics ain't beanbag.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:37 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:29 pm
Completely agree.

DocBarrister ;)

Like in everything, you’re the self-appointed expert.

Tell us more, Smartest Guy in the Room! Educate us!
Not what I've ever said. But please go on continuing to be yourself. It's so enjoyable. Nice deflection from answering. Typical of someone full of it. Enjoy the win, I don't care what you think, but I don't need to keep this petty trash conversation going so congrats you win. Go take a victory lap killer.

The key point you missed, by being who you are, is that we all love each other and are ride or die no matter how we chose our paths or what are lives are. That's all I care about, certainly not your uniformed opinion of my relationship with my family which is just fine.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:39 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:24 pm Yes, post service behavior doesn't erase someones service, but it can be overwhelmed by the balance of their life. In Flynn's case he's destroyed all goodwill he would've carried by his post military behavior. You can't silo service and say it outweighs everything else. No matter how many ways you try to deny it, Flynn wanted marshal law and had no interest in defending this constitution. It's that simple. Could save tens of thousands of lives and it still isn't enough to overcome what he's done and been in the past few years alone. Basically a mitigating circumstance in someone getting the needle or life in prison is all the service provides him at this point.

I never said Flynn's service invalidated anything. You brought it up. I maintain that he was targeted by the IC after he left the service & joined the Trump campaign. The record bears that out. Flynn retweeted a tweet. He never called for martial law, denied it & said the constitutional process had to be followed.

Vindmann jumped the chain of command, usurped the power of the President & sabotaged the President's foreign policy because he disagreed with it. He was selected for promotion but chose to leave the service. Had he remained, with Biden's election, he'd be a golden boy.

It's politics. Military & politics don't mix well. The military person usually is diminished in the process when he/she becomes a partisan or a cause celebre. Politics ain't beanbag.
You're really hanging on that retweet bit as evidence he doesn't believe what is suggested and obvious to most. There's a host of evidence he has no interest in supporting our existing government at all but I guess you don't want to believe any of that either. That's your perogative.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

So, if you are so clearly aware of this issue of mixing politics and military and all these folks, let's focus on Flynn here, still do it, what is their problem? Hubris? Stupidity (at least relative to you on this subject)? Something else? And shouldn't it apply equally to Duckman and Flynn? Or pick your contrasting opinions of folks discussed here in the last year because there's very little middle ground that you've offered here, either they're innocent and were screwed or their dishonest poseurs. If this mix doesn't work then aren't they all guilty of getting into the game regardless of reason (stupidity, hubris, other, etc.)
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:50 pm

You're really hanging on that retweet bit as evidence he doesn't believe what is suggested and obvious to most. There's a host of evidence he has no interest in supporting our existing government at all but I guess you don't want to believe any of that either. That's your perogative.
...a lot of evidence. Unnamed sources to the NYT. There's video of him immediately saying he was not calling for martial law. He was pointing out that it was a power of the President.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:12 pm

So, if you are so clearly aware of this issue of mixing politics and military and all these folks, let's focus on Flynn here, still do it, what is their problem? Hubris? Stupidity (at least relative to you on this subject)? Something else? And shouldn't it apply equally to Duckman and Flynn? Or pick your contrasting opinions of folks discussed here in the last year because there's very little middle ground that you've offered here, either they're innocent and were screwed or their dishonest poseurs. If this mix doesn't work then aren't they all guilty of getting into the game regardless of reason (stupidity, hubris, other, etc.)
Flynn had a beef with IC officials from the Obama Admin who forced him to retire early from DIA because he testified truthfully before Congress. He was also paranoid because paid informant Stefan Halper tried to run a honeypot scam accusing Flynn & Svertlana Lokhova. He was advising other (R) candidates, Trump agreed with him & invured him to join his campaign.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/04/sc ... te-smears/
Last edited by old salt on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:38 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:50 pm

...a lot of evidence. Unnamed sources to the NYT. There's video of him immediately saying he was not calling for martial law. He was pointing out that it was a power of the President.
Host of evidence he has no interest in supporting our existing government. That's pretty different than saying a lot of evidence he said this one thing. Do you see the difference?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:43 pm

Flynn had a beef with IC officials from the Obama Admin who forced him to retire early from DIA because he testified truthfully before Congress. He was also paranoid because paid informant Stefan Halper tried to run a honeypot scam accusing Flynn & Svertlana Lochivar. He was advising other (R) candidates, Trump agreed with him & invured him to join his campaign.
So he's stupid then?
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:43 pm

Flynn had a beef with IC officials from the Obama Admin who forced him to retire early from DIA because he testified truthfully before Congress. He was also paranoid because paid informant Stefan Halper tried to run a honeypot scam accusing Flynn & Svertlana Lokhova. He was advising other (R) candidates, Trump agreed with him & invured him to join his campaign.
So he's stupid then?
Just because you are paranoid, it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
https://thefederalist.com/2019/11/04/sc ... te-smears/
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ok. So why did he make the poor decision to get into politics if it's such common knowledge that military and politics don't mix as you stated here and a number of times previously. What is the defect that allowed him to make such a decision? Not paranoia certainly.

Return to “POLITICS”