NFL

General Chatter
youthathletics

Re: NFL

Post by youthathletics »

DMac wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:09 pm Not NFL but in last night's NC game, Bama's Barmore was called for roughing the passer or unnecessary roughness (can't remember which), that call was a perfect of example of going way too far to protect the QB, was absolutely nothing wrong with the play/hit. Had no rooting interest in either team, didn't care who won it.
Way off topic but that's okay. I'm a Cowherd fan, think he's pretty good, have been listening to him since before he was on TV.
Absolutely don't agree with everything he says but he does his homework and makes things interesting.
Now, wayyyy off subject...his co-host, Joy Taylor. How is it that a sports talk show person comes to work dressed pretty much like this and that's acceptable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70M6UWKMf1w
This gal brings a great set of titts to the show but offers little else.
"My eyes are up here"....right, but that's not where you want them.
It's BS.
Not my type, I think she looks horrible and those funbags must hate being slammed in there like that....they probably sag to her waist when unleased. Yea....I'm gonna go with that, makes it easier to keep my eyes up. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
njbill

Post by njbill »

It was fourth and inches. If the defensive line made the slightest mistake, the Redskins get the first down. They had to be on high alert.

Smith was playing games with his cadence, which for some reason apparently is now legal. Shouldn’t be. You reap what you sow. He was trying to draw the guy offsides. Well, he did. When you draw a player offsides, they sometimes hit you. Pretty simple.

If the Eagles were trying to tank, they would have laid down and let the Redskins have the first down.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

DMac wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:09 pm Now, wayyyy off subject...his co-host, Joy Taylor. How is it that a sports talk show person comes to work dressed pretty much like this and that's acceptable?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70M6UWKMf1w
This gal brings a great set ** **** to the show but offers little else.
"My eyes are up here"....right, but that's not where you want them.
It's BS.
DMac (and all), appropriateness aside, let's not post any content that would make someone or someones feel unwelcome to our forum.
DMac

Post by DMac »

You put yourself out there seeking attention like that and you subject yourself to criticism as well.
I watch The Herd nearly every day and am expressing my opinion of her contribution to the show.
If that makes her feel unwelcome, so be it....aint no lacrosse fans on that show, doubt she'll be
checking in. JFTR, I sent Colin a couple of emails letting him know it's Johns Hopkins, not John
Hopkins. Never heard back.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I believe what’s at issue are the offensive references to the female anatomy. Your comments on the cohost’s lack of contribution to the show are fine. Anyway—that’s my perspective, for what it’s worth.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I guess offensive is in the ear of the beholder. Further, I think she puts them on display because she thinks they're great, and
frankly, I find it offensive that she finds it appropriate to dress like that and set an example for how young ladies should dress in the workplace. JMHO....and yup, I don't have to tune in but if she weren't on the show I wouldn't miss her.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Goooooooooooooo Bills😀
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:03 pm Goooooooooooooo Bills😀
And to think our wonderful jackhole gov allowed fans to attend. Part of his 'reopen the economy' schtik now that the election is over. Next week maybe he'll allow the peons to have their winter high school sports back? But only if we continue to adore him.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:55 am
And to think our wonderful jackhole gov allowed fans to attend. Part of his 'reopen the economy' schtik now that the election is over. Next week maybe he'll allow the peons to have their winter high school sports back? But only if we continue to adore him.
You know and understand King Andy very well. He expects his subjects to bow to him and kiss his ring.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:44 pm
You know and understand King Andy very well. He expects his subjects to bow to him and kiss his ring.
I suppose there is some credence to the thought that when Biden is elected the pandemic will settle down...as seen by the stadiums this weekend.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:55 pm
I suppose there is some credence to the thought that when Biden is elected the pandemic will settle down...as seen by the stadiums this weekend.
The fans at the bills game had to jump through several King Andy hoops to actually attend the game. They all had to pay 80 dollars for their test and bring the negative results along with your ticket to the game. No tailgating!!! You can pay your money for one of those nasty concession stand hots and pay 10 bucks for a warm flat coors light. Our tailgate tradition included my favorite.. Zweigles pop open white hots with mustard, onions and meat hot sauce. The beer is cold Labatts blue.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:31 pm
The fans at the bills game had to jump through several King Andy hoops to actually attend the game. They all had to pay 80 dollars for their test and bring the negative results along with your ticket to the game. No tailgating!!! You can pay your money for one of those nasty concession stand hots and pay 10 bucks for a warm flat coors light. Our tailgate tradition included my favorite.. Zweigles pop open white hots with mustard, onions and meat hot sauce. The beer is cold Labatts blue.
Never heard of the Zweigles brand. Gonna have to give them a try. Just looked this up...https://zweigles.com/recipes/rochester- ... hester-ny/
~Livy

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:50 pm
Never heard of the Zweigles brand. Gonna have to give them a try. Just looked this up...https://zweigles.com/recipes/rochester- ... hester-ny/
I highly recommend them. They are a tradition in Rochester. Folks that have moved from this area always bring some back home when they come to visit. The pop open casings look odd when they are cooking they get crispy when they are cooked.
Bob Ross:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

I hear ya on the Labatts Blue Cradle. My choice as well. But I prefer Hofmann hots over Zweigles. Nothing like a trip to Heid's for a traditional stop in Liverpool.

Can you believe that tool Cuomo actually considered going to the Bills game recently? His ego must think that WNYers actually like him. 44,000 signed the petition telling him to go FY-self and he got the msg real fast. Gave his ticket to a health care worker as he suddenly had some other work to do, hopefully not related to nursing homes. Aside from the Bills Mafia, he probably didn't want any of the old Niagara Falls mob to track him down.
https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/07/repo ... ills-game/
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 4:46 pm
I hear ya on the Labatts Blue Cradle. My choice as well. But I prefer Hofmann hots over Zweigles. Nothing like a trip to Heid's for a traditional stop in Liverpool.

Can you believe that tool Cuomo actually considered going to the Bills game recently? His ego must think that WNYers actually like him. 44,000 signed the petition telling him to go FY-self and he got the msg real fast. Gave his ticket to a health care worker as he suddenly had some other work to do, hopefully not related to nursing homes. Aside from the Bills Mafia, he probably didn't want any of the old Niagara Falls mob to track him down.
https://dailycaller.com/2021/01/07/repo ... ills-game/
It never ceases to amaze me how loyal upstate folks are to their hot dogs

Rochester it's Zweigles

Cuse is Hofmann country

Buffalo the winner is Sahlens

I love them all but those pop open whites are awesome.
Bob Ross:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

I’ve had hot dogs across the country, but it doesn’t get better than those three upstate locations and those purveyors as cradle mentions. Classic Frankfurter recipe of a pork dominate weiner with proprietary spice blend with salt white pepper paprika all packaged in a casing and light smoking.

Another difference is that they are grilled instead of cooked in water. Doesn’t get better than the charcoal grilled Sahlens cooked to order at the multi-store Ted’s in the Buffalo area.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:13 pm I’ve had hot dogs across the country, but it doesn’t get better than those three upstate locations and those purveyors as cradle mentions. Classic Frankfurter recipe of a pork dominate weiner with proprietary spice blend with salt white pepper paprika all packaged in a casing and light smoking.

Another difference is that they are grilled instead of cooked in water. Doesn’t get better than the charcoal grilled Sahlens cooked to order at the multi-store Ted’s in the Buffalo area.
If I recall correctly, white hots are not smoked at all. Only red hots contain smoked meat.

You are doubtless correct though that you cannot beat Upstate New York for these dogs. My preferred brew was a Canadian lager - O'Keefe's Ale
(now part of Molson-Coors)
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

ardilla secreta wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:13 pm I’ve had hot dogs across the country, but it doesn’t get better than those three upstate locations and those purveyors as cradle mentions. Classic Frankfurter recipe of a pork dominate weiner with proprietary spice blend with salt white pepper paprika all packaged in a casing and light smoking.

Footlong chili dog at Ted's - big thumbs up!
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Who boils a hot dog??? SERIOUSLY!! :D It must be an Upstate thing. If you grill them with charcoal they only get better. My other must for a hot dog is a really good meat hot sauce. My wife has a recipe from one of our local Greek diners, The hot sauce she makes is my personal favorite. Oddly when you get away from Upstate most folks have never even heard of meat hot sauce.
Bob Ross:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Nigel wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:10 pm

Footlong chili dog at Ted's - big thumbs up!
Ted's is the place to go after a Bills game. That footlong chili dog is off the charts good.
Bob Ross:

Return to “GENERAL CHATTER”