CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
MDlaxfan76

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

nah, you respect her, you're not tearing the girl down...but she's obviously a liar :roll:
DMac

Post by DMac »

You'll probably remember my posting this more than once on the Ivy thread when the superiority of the universities was being claimed, MDlax, I found it all to be a little on the snobby, uppity side.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi84maqHgxg
If we were to go back to the LP days, I'm bettin' we can find some less than complimentary comments about the JUCO transfer Codie Jamieson and his academics being accepted by SU. You might have just brushed a lot of it off while the comments made a bigger impression on me.
I'd lean in the direction of agreeing with salty on this one, and he's dead nuts on the money with this part. "Some politicians tend to overstate or embellish what they did during their military service."
Not sayin' the gal is a bad person.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:30 pm nah, you respect her, you're not tearing the girl down...but she's obviously a liar :roll:
Liar ? No // Exaggerator ? likely.

My Congressional rep is former MD Lt Gov Anthony Brown, with whom I differ on most issues.
Still, I like & admire him. I'm pleased he is on the HASC.
A lot of that is because he does not gild the lilly on his early military service.
It was not a cushy assignment. It says a lot about his priorities.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md ... story.html
At a recent campaign event, Brown told a group of military veterans that his stint as an active-duty Army helicopter pilot after college was “the best job that I’ve ever had in my entire life.” He is more animated discussing that period than most anything else...

“The military — it’s a very mission-focused organization,” Brown said. “A clear set of values, an understanding of roles and responsibilities, a sense that everybody plays an important role individually and in the larger organization.”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:57 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:30 pm nah, you respect her, you're not tearing the girl down...but she's obviously a liar :roll:

My Congressional rep is former MD Lt Gov Anthony Brown, with whom I differ on most issues.
A lot of that is because he does not gild the lilly on his early military service.

At a recent campaign event, Brown told a group of military veterans that his stint as an active-duty Army helicopter pilot after college was “the best job that I’ve ever had in my entire life.” He is more animated discussing that period than most anything else...

“The military — it’s a very mission-focused organization,” Brown said. “A clear set of values, an understanding of roles and responsibilities, a sense that everybody plays an important role individually and in the larger organization.”
I too disagree with Brown on some things, always found his resume impressive and worthy of respect.

But nope, "exaggerator" means lying for effect.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:04 am

I too disagree with Brown on some things, always found his resume impressive and worthy of respect.

Lying -- not necessarily. Loosely based on facts. Overstated for effect.
Without a more precise chronology of her assignments, I'm not prepared to call her a liar.
But the assignments, the time frames & the locations do not mesh.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pm You'll probably remember my posting this more than once on the Ivy thread when the superiority of the universities was being claimed, MDlax, I found it all to be a little on the snobby, uppity side.
If we were to go back to the LP days, I'm bettin' we can find some less than complimentary comments about the JUCO transfer Codie Jamieson and his academics being accepted by SU. You might have just brushed a lot of it off while the comments made a bigger impression on me.
I'd lean in the direction of agreeing with salty on this one, and he's dead nuts on the money with this part. "Some politicians tend to overstate or embellish what they did during their military service."
"Some politicians overstate or embellish" is a true statement regardless of whether we're talking about military service or anything else!...but I suspect Salty just doesn't like her politics. Let's just say he's been faithless contributor on this topic.

You could be right about comments on the threads...I just don't think most of the Ivy alums would have been the ones making demeaning comments about others...but you can find jerks everywhere, so it's possible. I don't know the specifics of the Jamieson story, but it could well have generated some sort of crack intended to be aimed more at Syracuse than the young man...again, IMO, good for him working to gain a great opportunity.

If you mean that posters say that these schools are among the very most "selective" that's factually accurate, not snobby, though it might sound that way. Doesn't demean the grads of other schools IMO.

I'll cop to getting prickly when some non-Ivy jerk makes comments about Ivies about which they know next to nothing...I have no idea what the psychology is behind those broadsides, but sure feels like some sort of aggression most likely out of a sense of defensiveness.

I don't recall you doing so.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:12 am

Without a more precise chronology of her assignments, I'm not prepared to call her a liar.
Yeah, you'll just throw shade at her, though you actually have no idea. We get it Salty, Flynn is an American hero (not a damn traitor post service "martial law"), she's an "exaggerator"...
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:14 am
DMac wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:54 pm You'll probably remember my posting this more than once on the Ivy thread when the superiority of the universities was being claimed, MDlax, I found it all to be a little on the snobby, uppity side.
"Some politicians overstate or embellish" is a true statement regardless of whether we're talking about military service or anything else!...but I suspect Salty just doesn't like her politics. Let's just say he's been faithless contributor on this topic.
You have no idea what you are talking about. When she was elected, I was proud to have a fellow USNA grad & helo pilot elected.
She has a very impressive resume. I found he likable in her tv appearances. I did not examine her service record in detail until she grandstanded, citing her military service as a reason she spotted the visitors on their "recce" mission. Thst's just selfserving BS.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:17 am
old salt wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:12 am

Yeah, you'll just throw shade at her, though you actually have no idea. We get it Salty, Flynn is an American hero (not a damn traitor post service "martial law"), she's an "exaggerator"...
Oh I have a very good idea. I charted her career like any of the of the LT's records I briefed & voted for as a member of LCDR selection boards, & LCDR's records for CDR selection boards..

I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt but I am now skeptical of whatever she says.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:58 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:44 pm Maybe she worked harder at her service than you? Times change.
MAGA
You are making my point Capt Video. Sherrill was in the first USNA class from which women were allowed into combat duty.
She would have been welcomed into squadrons flying tactical helos deployed aboard frigates, destroyers, cruisers or aircraft carriers.
Instead, she chose to fly the Admiral, mail & movies from comfy shore based airports to ships offshore, in daylight, good weather & calm seas.
Had she stayed in, she could have flown tactical helos on her next tour of duty, been Officer in Charge of a shipboard detachment, then squadron department head, then command of a squadron. She had other priorities. She completed her obligated time in service. Went on to be a lawyer & politician, Good for her.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:22 pm It's not the big deal you're making it out to be MDlax. There's plenty of this kind of talk that goes on among people in the military. The Army boys will tell you the Navy boys are nothing but a bunch of bellhops, pretty much all of them will tell you what a cushy outfit the Air Force is, and the Marines...well, of course no one is as tough as a Marine (unless they're in a bar in Naples and phuckk with the wrong group of sailors :D ), on and on with this kind of stuff. There is also a whole lot of exaggerating and flat out lying about what one did while in the military, so it's not so out of line to for one military person to question what another really did. Looked up an old Navy friend on Facebook the other day, he's got a picture of his old uniform on there with more ribbons than he ever earned including a submariners pin (he never spent a second underwater but he'll BS a lot of people with it).
Meanwhile the belittling that goes on, on let's say the Ivy League thread, is flat out disgusting, IMO. My school is better than yours, it's harder to get in here than there....blah, blah, blah. Then, of course, there are the JUCO boys who just aren't smart enough or good enough for much of anything. Is that any different?
It’s when you combine it with the record on these boards of trashing many (often young) women he didn’t know and then hides behind things like “they’re public figures”, “that’s how folks talk in the service” etc. at some point the excuses are just excuses for a person who thinks a certain way. The alternative is he’s been a dishonest, liar, unethical bad faith individual for a while here. It’s fairly binary at this point. Neither is going to win you a presidential medal of freedom unless you can tickle trumps balls.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:22 pm It's not the big deal you're making it out to be MDlax. There's plenty of this kind of talk that goes on among people in the military. The Army boys will tell you the Navy boys are nothing but a bunch of bellhops, pretty much all of them will tell you what a cushy outfit the Air Force is, and the Marines...well, of course no one is as tough as a Marine (unless they're in a bar in Naples and phuckk with the wrong group of sailors :D ), on and on with this kind of stuff. There is also a whole lot of exaggerating and flat out lying about what one did while in the military, so it's not so out of line to for one military person to question what another really did. Looked up an old Navy friend on Facebook the other day, he's got a picture of his old uniform on there with more ribbons than he ever earned including a submariners pin (he never spent a second underwater but he'll BS a lot of people with it).
Meanwhile the belittling that goes on, on let's say the Ivy League thread, is flat out disgusting, IMO. My school is better than yours, it's harder to get in here than there....blah, blah, blah. Then, of course, there are the JUCO boys who just aren't smart enough or good enough for much of anything. Is that any different?
People do this in all walks of life. Just pull up LinkedIn or any resume you’ve ever been handed. It’s my biggest weakness is Ive never been able to co-opt others efforts and take credit like so many of my peers did. Thank god I never had a boss elevated over BS like many I know. But to my prior post, it’s in the context of this specific history of behavior that the interpretation is being made.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:50 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am Firstly, I am not a Republican, give it a rest... finally.

I bought into nothing of the sort. I didn't know if tariffs was the correct method of leveling the trade playing field or not, time would have told. Something was bringing the Chicoms back to the table though.
We've been "at the table" with China for 30 years, as MDLax pointed out. Hashing out these trade complaints----IP theft and currency manipulation, mainly.

I told you why---in detail, in real time----it wouldn't work.

-Trump didn't get a coalition including the EU and PacRim countries together to pressure China to follow IP law (that's the goal, right?). And the reason is, the US and EU doesn't want to start a Cold War to get China to stop IP theft. They just don't care that much. Period.
-China doesn't have elections, and would OBVIOUSLY wait Trump out. What does Xi care if exports to the US dip for a few months?

As for your "spotlight on China"....how is this "the right thing"? What did that accomplish? Be specific.

Trump did his "China is ripping us off" game because it played to his xenophobic base, Tech. It's really not that complicated. It worked in the sense that they, like you, say "Trump stood up to China". That was Trump's end goal: the headline "Trump Stands up to China". The details, as is always the case with Trump, entirely immaterial to him. He just wants the headline. And he got it.

If you honestly don't understand that after watching Trump operate for the last four years? I don't know what to tell you.....
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am :lol: This is such classic a fan... to wave his, I'm a genius and you're not flag, after the fact
After the fact? :lol: I told you EXACTLY what would happen three years ago------that Xi would wait Trump out-----and that's exactly what happened. And nope, I'm not saying I'm a genius...I'm saying the opposite: only a partisan would buy Trump's fake Trade War. I told you Xi would wait him out, and you didn't want to hear it. And instead of simply saying "yeah, you were right" and moving the F on, your ego can't handle that, so instead, you lash out and claim that I think I'm a genius. :lol:

You think that it takes a genius to figure out that Trump is a con man who doesn't know the first thing about trade, and who's ONLY goal in this mess is the headline "Trump Stands up to China"? :lol: Yeah.....okie-dokie.
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am Anyone looking at this objectively and honestly has to ask themselves, just where would our trade situation be with Chania had Covid never happened.
And yet you wonder why I would conclude you're a Republican. You're forgetting that the entire reason I give you (and Old Salt, for that matter) grief is that I saw how you handled a President with a little D by his name for years, with Obama. And not once did you give us this "the dog ate my homework" Covid excuse as to why a policy failed under Obama. Instead? You hammered him.

If Covid changed the calculus with China? Trump is supposed to change course, my man. Not sit in the corner and do nothing. That's how it works.

But you give him a pass. As you always do.

I look forward to your wise, peripatetic patience with Biden. I'm sure you'll tell FoxNation to "be patient" with Biden.

Happy New Year.....
a fan, first of all, if you want to discuss things with me going forward, then stop lying. You won't, you think it's a neat way to debate people, unfortunately.

Some specifics re the "spotlight" on China and how awareness has been building:

"Many countries are realizing that China’s rise and ensuing departure from tenets of domestic and foreign policy, instilled during the era of former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping, break from their own views. Policymakers are increasingly alarmed, devising new means to protect their own systems of government, economic prosperity, and national security from a more assertive China.

Officials in the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump have been the most vocal, lambasting Beijing for a growing list of concerns but failing to put forward an effective response. Beijing’s ongoing domestic crackdown—evidenced by the internment of at least a million Uighurs in China’s Xinjiang Province and ongoing protests in Hong Kong—and discriminatory trade and economic policies, coercive foreign policy practices, “Wolf Warrior”–inspired diplomacy abroad, and military expansion in its direct periphery have heightened this global pushback and scrutiny."

https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/06/1 ... -pub-82039

Yes, "after the fact." No it certainly didn't take a genius...what you did for 4 years re the trade war was state the obvious, nothing more than recite conventional wisdom as to what China's strategy was/would be. I can't honestly say, "you were right"... we will never know because of unforeseen circumstances that threw the entire world into panic mode. Forget China, at that point, world trade in general became very small fish to fry.

I'm amazed at how silly your Obama/Covid hypothetical is. "Dog ate my homework" excuse? Holy sh!t. IMO, any POTUS regardless of party, should receive slack in the face of the effects of a pandemic... that includes Obama, had it occurred on his watch. Luckily for him and us, Ebola, SARS, swine flu, and Zika, weren't as virulent.

I disagreed with most all of Obama's/Biden's policies and that certainly includes their appeasement, bordering on indifference (perhaps for personal gain in some instances?), re China aggression.

Your very tired "little r, little d" schtick is ridiculous. I disagreed with Obama based on, IMO, lousy policies and never made it personal. It had nothing to do with being a R or D... that is a lie.

Also, don't confuse what you call "hammering" Obama, with my disagreeing with many on LP who defended those policies. Pushing back against them accounts for the overwhelming majority of my posts.

Biden will be back in the driver seat. Let's see if he reverts back to appeasement or joins the rest of the world in heightened scrutiny of China aggression and unlawful behavior.
Last edited by tech37 on Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:26 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:44 pm Maybe she worked harder at her service than you? Times change.
Not that much. Her career overlapped with mine.
Some politicians tend to overstate or embellish what they did during their military service.
I'm disappointed that LT Sherrill seems to have taken that path.
https://www.usna.edu/Notables/congress/1994sherrill.php

After graduating from the United States Naval Academy in 1994, Congresswoman Sherrill spent almost 10 years on active duty in the United States Navy. She flew missions throughout Europe and the Middle East as a Sea King helicopter pilot, worked on the Battle Watch Floor in the European Theater during the Iraq invasion, and served as a Flag Aide to the Deputy Commander in Chief of the U.S. Atlantic Fleet. Congresswoman Sherrill also served as a Russian policy officer and worked on the implementation of our nuclear treaty obligations and oversaw the relationship between the U.S. Navy and Russian Federation Navy.
She should have completed flight training in 1996, then assigned to HC-2 in Norfolk for a 3 year tour of duty, making 2 X 6 mos deployments flying Fleet Admiral's H-3 Sea King helo's. First to Bahrain for Com 5th Flt, then to Naples for Com 6th Flt. The Admiral for whom she was a Flag Aide was based in Norfolk, possibly her second tour of duty. Her wiki bio says in 2000, she was stationed at NAS Corpus Christi, TX, which is HQ of the Naval Air Training Command staff & a large pilot training base.

She does not say what command contained the Battle Watch Floor in the European Theater in which she worked during the Iraq invasion in 2003, which was her last year in service. That, plus her Russian policy portfolio, are not typically LT assignments. The pieces don't fit together. That's too many jobs, in too many places, crammed into 8 years of service. That is the standard blurb on her Congressional & campaign sites & has been repeated in every media fluff piece. It just does not add up.
Compared with your statements about her previously this is filled with a lot of supposition and zero direct knowledge of her actual experience. As previously noted, you don’t treat all service members resume/profile/background the same, it’s been evidenced here. The bias skews the way your view of the underlying subject does frequently. It’s hard to believe this is a sterile analysis rather than a biased one.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You could be right about comments on the threads...I just don't think most of the Ivy alums would have been the ones making demeaning comments about others...but you can find jerks everywhere, so it's possible. I don't know the specifics of the Jamieson story, but it could well have generated some sort of crack intended to be aimed more at Syracuse than the young man...again, IMO, good for him working to gain a great opportunity.

If you mean that posters say that these schools are among the very most "selective" that's factually accurate, not snobby, though it might sound that way. Doesn't demean the grads of other schools IMO.

I'll cop to getting prickly when some non-Ivy jerk makes comments about Ivies about which they know next to nothing...I have no idea what the psychology is behind those broadsides, but sure feels like some sort of aggression most likely out of a sense of defensiveness.

I don’t mind saying syracuse sucks though I’m talking universally, not just academics. Like it would be cooler having an enema than going to SU!

Gettin that Kraus Simmons trophy for a decade in 21!
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:18 am
It’s when you combine it with the record on these boards of trashing many (often young) women he didn’t know and then hides behind things like “they’re public figures”, “that’s how folks talk in the service” etc. at some point the excuses are just excuses for a person who thinks a certain way. The alternative is he’s been a dishonest, liar, unethical bad faith individual for a while here. It’s fairly binary at this point. Neither is going to win you a presidential medal of freedom unless you can tickle trumps balls.
👍
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:22 am
a fan wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:50 pm
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am Firstly, I am not a Republican, give it a rest... finally.

I bought into nothing of the sort. I didn't know if tariffs was the correct method of leveling the trade playing field or not, time would have told. Something was bringing the Chicoms back to the table though.
We've been "at the table" with China for 30 years, as MDLax pointed out. Hashing out these trade complaints----IP theft and currency manipulation, mainly.

I told you why---in detail, in real time----it wouldn't work.

-Trump didn't get a coalition including the EU and PacRim countries together to pressure China to follow IP law (that's the goal, right?). And the reason is, the US and EU doesn't want to start a Cold War to get China to stop IP theft. They just don't care that much. Period.
-China doesn't have elections, and would OBVIOUSLY wait Trump out. What does Xi care if exports to the US dip for a few months?

As for your "spotlight on China"....how is this "the right thing"? What did that accomplish? Be specific.

Trump did his "China is ripping us off" game because it played to his xenophobic base, Tech. It's really not that complicated. It worked in the sense that they, like you, say "Trump stood up to China". That was Trump's end goal: the headline "Trump Stands up to China". The details, as is always the case with Trump, entirely immaterial to him. He just wants the headline. And he got it.

If you honestly don't understand that after watching Trump operate for the last four years? I don't know what to tell you.....
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am :lol: This is such classic a fan... to wave his, I'm a genius and you're not flag, after the fact
After the fact? :lol: I told you EXACTLY what would happen three years ago------that Xi would wait Trump out-----and that's exactly what happened. And nope, I'm not saying I'm a genius...I'm saying the opposite: only a partisan would buy Trump's fake Trade War. I told you Xi would wait him out, and you didn't want to hear it. And instead of simply saying "yeah, you were right" and moving the F on, your ego can't handle that, so instead, you lash out and claim that I think I'm a genius. :lol:

You think that it takes a genius to figure out that Trump is a con man who doesn't know the first thing about trade, and who's ONLY goal in this mess is the headline "Trump Stands up to China"? :lol: Yeah.....okie-dokie.
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am Anyone looking at this objectively and honestly has to ask themselves, just where would our trade situation be with Chania had Covid never happened.
And yet you wonder why I would conclude you're a Republican. You're forgetting that the entire reason I give you (and Old Salt, for that matter) grief is that I saw how you handled a President with a little D by his name for years, with Obama. And not once did you give us this "the dog ate my homework" Covid excuse as to why a policy failed under Obama. Instead? You hammered him.

If Covid changed the calculus with China? Trump is supposed to change course, my man. Not sit in the corner and do nothing. That's how it works.

But you give him a pass. As you always do.

I look forward to your wise, peripatetic patience with Biden. I'm sure you'll tell FoxNation to "be patient" with Biden.

Happy New Year.....
a fan, first of all, if you want to discuss things with me going forward, then stop lying. You won't, you think it's a neat way to debate people, unfortunately.

Some specifics re the "spotlight" on China and how awareness has been building:

"Many countries are realizing that China’s rise and ensuing departure from tenets of domestic and foreign policy, instilled during the era of former Chinese leader Deng Xiaoping, break from their own views. Policymakers are increasingly alarmed, devising new means to protect their own systems of government, economic prosperity, and national security from a more assertive China.

Officials in the administration of U.S. President Donald Trump have been the most vocal, lambasting Beijing for a growing list of concerns but failing to put forward an effective response. Beijing’s ongoing domestic crackdown—evidenced by the internment of at least a million Uighurs in China’s Xinjiang Province and ongoing protests in Hong Kong—and discriminatory trade and economic policies, coercive foreign policy practices, “Wolf Warrior”–inspired diplomacy abroad, and military expansion in its direct periphery have heightened this global pushback and scrutiny."

https://carnegieendowment.org/2020/06/1 ... -pub-82039

Yes, "after the fact." No it certainly didn't take a genius...what you did for 4 years re the trade war was state the obvious, nothing more than recite conventional wisdom as to what China's strategy was/would be. I can't honestly say, "you were right"... we will never know because of unforeseen circumstances that threw the entire world into panic mode. Forget China, at that point, world trade in general became very small fish to fry.

I'm amazed at how silly your Obama/Covid hypothetical is. "Dog ate my homework" excuse? Holy sh!t. IMO, any POTUS regardless of party, should receive slack in the face of the effects of a pandemic... that includes Obama, had it occurred on his watch. Luckily for him and us, Ebola, SARS, swine flu, and Zika, weren't as virulent.

I disagreed with most all of Obama's/Biden's policies and that certainly includes their appeasement, bordering on indifference (perhaps for personal gain in some instances?), re China aggression.

Your very tired "little r, little d" schtick is ridiculous. I disagreed with Obama based on, IMO, lousy policies and never made it personal. It had nothing to do with being a R or D... that is a lie.

Also, don't confuse what you call "hammering" Obama, with my disagreeing with many on LP who defended those policies. Pushing back against them accounts for the overwhelming majority of my posts.

Biden will be back in the driver seat. Let's see if he reverts back to appeasement or joins the rest of the world in heightened scrutiny of China aggression and unlawful behavior.
tech thinks it's "lying" when he's called out for his history of hypocrisy and his clearly skewed view of the world through the right wing lens. :roll:

tech,
Trump had already capitulated on the trade war strategy pre-pandemic. It wasn't a 'work in progress', it had failed. And yes, it had failed for the reasons you call 'obvious' that were pointed out right at the beginning and thereon as the Chinese responded exactly as most sane economists expected.

Have you ever answered my question as to whether you believed Trump that China was paying the tariffs, versus the American consumer?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:10 am
Have you ever answered my question as to whether you believed Trump that China was paying the tariffs, versus the American consumer?
No, I haven't.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:33 am

I don’t mind saying syracuse sucks though I’m talking universally, not just academics. Like it would be cooler having an enema than going to SU!

Gettin that Kraus Simmons trophy for a decade in 21!
I'm sure there is no animosity because you went to Hobart is there? ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:18 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:10 am
No, I haven't.
why not?

It was central to Trump's argument for the trade war.

Return to “POLITICS”