CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Farfromgeneva

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s all BS. Would be like me suddenly going “Nah, I never look at a woman’s physical features.” after presenting my thirst in vast, colorful detail for a while.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
tech37

Post by tech37 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:36 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump.
No. You just supported his actions for four years, as did millions of Americans. We're paying the price for this support, and you know it. There's more to political activity than voting. But then, you know this.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
Yes. You're Republicans. You supported the little R, not the actual policies. You'll never admit this, but that's the deal. It's why, for example, Tech bought into Trump's China nonsense without thinking it through. And how did that work out? Boy, that was a REAL tough call on my part telling you what would happen. I almost used a whole brain cell figuring out that Trumps fake trade war wouldn't work on the spot.
Firstly, I am not a Republican, give it a rest... finally.

I bought into nothing of the sort. I didn't know if tariffs was the correct method of leveling the trade playing field or not, time would have told. Something was bringing the Chicoms back to the table though.

What I did say (and of course a fan conveniently doesn't recall this) is that Trump did the right thing to put the spotlight on China and their deceptive and unlawful ways.

:lol: This is such classic a fan... to wave his, I'm a genius and you're not flag, after the fact, and without considering the Covid context. Good job dude!

Anyone looking at this objectively and honestly has to ask themselves, just where would our trade situation be with Chania had Covid never happened.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump.
No. You just supported his actions for four years, as did millions of Americans. We're paying the price for this support, and you know it. There's more to political activity than voting. But then, you know this.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
Yes. You're Republicans. You supported the little R, not the actual policies. You'll never admit this, but that's the deal. It's why, for example, Tech bought into Trump's China nonsense without thinking it through. And how did that work out? Boy, that was a REAL tough call on my part telling you what would happen. I almost used a whole brain cell figuring out that Trumps fake trade war wouldn't work on the spot.

I bought into nothing of the sort. I didn't know if tariffs was the correct method of leveling the trade playing field or not, time would have told. Something was bringing the Chicoms back to the table though.

What I did say (and of course a fan conveniently doesn't recall this) is that Trump did the right thing to put the spotlight on China and their deceptive and unlawful ways.

:lol: This is such classic a fan... to wave his, I'm a genius and you're not flag, after the fact, and without considering the Covid context. Good job dude!

Anyone looking at this objectively and honestly has to ask themselves, just where would our trade situation be with Chania had Covid never happened.
so, you're another of these citizens who don't vote (much or at all) or you just choose to be an Ind, yet reflexively parrot all the Trumpist talking points?

China didn't 'come back to the table', they never left. We did, declaring a tariff war.

And no, it didn't work, our trade imbalance only increased...and this was before Covid.

But sure, there are very serious issues in the relationship and shouldn't be ignored. It's just that Trump's approach was disastrous...Did you ever buy his ridiculous argument that China was paying the tariffs as opposed to American consumers??? Trumpists DID buy that dumb one.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:32 am

so, you're another of these citizens who don't vote (much or at all) or you just choose to be an Ind, yet reflexively parrot all the Trumpist talking points?

China didn't 'come back to the table', they never left. We did, declaring a tariff war.

And no, it didn't work, our trade imbalance only increased...and this was before Covid.

But sure, there are very serious issues in the relationship and shouldn't be ignored. It's just that Trump's approach was disastrous...Did you ever buy his ridiculous argument that China was paying the tariffs as opposed to American consumers??? Trumpists DID buy that dumb one.
mdlax fan. go check out the other thread: Check out all the N words, typed out....for all to read. Children can read the "....gger"

what do you think of the lack of consistency in rule enforcement on this website. wrong is wrong. Yet, CU88's post remains. unpenalized.

Any thoughts on it? A quote is a quote, or different rules, for different people?
CU88 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 2:48 pm r's are at it again:

“Well, this whole thing is because of them niggers in Detroit,” Tom Eckerle

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... tinuing-to

“I don’t regret calling it a nigger,” Eckerle told Interlochen Public Radio. “A nigger is a nigger is a nigger. That’s not a person whatsoever.”

https://www.interlochenpublicradio.org/ ... repeatedly
We can go back and see what rules were enforced when others get sent to the box for the same.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

A direct quote of a racist using the N-word offends you?

I didn't include tech's and my exchange as it had nothing to do with whatever burr you have under your saddle.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Fine. Where's your proof? Try to include an accurate assessment of what trade status with China was when Covid hit the fan.

Proof?

And how do you honestly state this when trade negotiations with China was a work in progress?

Your first sentence is a good one. After that, just your usual nonsense. What's the point?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:48 am A direct quote of a racist using the N-word offends you?

I didn't include tech's and my exchange as it had nothing to do with whatever burr you have under your saddle.
ummm....no. My being offended IS not the point.

the lack of rule enforcement does offend me.......

clearly, not for you.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:00 am

Fine. Where's your proof? Try to include an accurate assessment of what trade status with China was when Covid hit the fan.

Proof?

And how do you honestly state this when trade negotiations with China was a work in progress?

Your first sentence is a good one. After that, just your usual nonsense. What's the point?
Sure: https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

2014 (345)
2015 (367)
2016 (346) Trump begins China rhetoric
2017 (375) Trade war full force
2018 (419) Got worse
2019 (345) Trade reconciliation
2020 (283) COVID depressed consumption

Two worst years were during the trade war...nothing gained, just massive cost to American consumers, damage to American producers in some industries.

Again, did you buy the nonsense that the tariffs were being paid by China?
Did you buy that the Wall was being paid for by Mexico too?

Why not answer these questions?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:10 am

Proof?

2014 (345)
2015 (367)
2018 (419) Got worse

Two worst years were during the trade war...nothing gained, just massive cost to American consumers, damage to American producers in some industries.

OK, thanks for the stats. Hardly proof. Proof for your opinion perhaps. Context is everything...

At the time in the grand scheme of things, who was complaining? Farmers were hurt but many still supported the "trade war" and were willing to wait it out.

Obviously, when unbalanced trade is addressed with a huge bad actor like China, there is going to be disruption.

As I said in a prior post, pre-Covid, I didn't know if the "trade war" was actually working or not because it was a work in progress. Do a better job of reading.

You didn't answer my relevant question.

Regarding something as complex as trade with China, how do you honestly state, "it didn't work," when it was all a work in progress?

This is a question someone being an a-hole would ask.

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:17 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:10 am

Proof?

2014 (345)
2015 (367)
2018 (419) Got worse

OK, thanks for the stats. Hardly proof. Proof for your opinion perhaps. Context is everything...

At the time in the grand scheme of things, who was complaining? Farmers were hurt but many still supported the "trade war" and were willing to wait it out.

Obviously, when unbalanced trade is addressed with a huge bad actor like China, there is going to be disruption.

As I said in a prior post, pre-Covid, I didn't know if the "trade war" was actually working or not because it was a work in progress. Do a better job of reading.

You didn't answer my relevant question.

Regarding something as complex as trade with China, how do you honestly state, "it didn't work," when it was all a work in progress?

This is a question someone being an a-hole would ask.

Good article: https://fortune.com/2020/12/08/us-china ... demic/amp/
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am Firstly, I am not a Republican, give it a rest... finally.

We've been "at the table" with China for 30 years, as MDLax pointed out. Hashing out these trade complaints----IP theft and currency manipulation, mainly.

I told you why---in detail, in real time----it wouldn't work.

-Trump didn't get a coalition including the EU and PacRim countries together to pressure China to follow IP law (that's the goal, right?). And the reason is, the US and EU doesn't want to start a Cold War to get China to stop IP theft. They just don't care that much. Period.
-China doesn't have elections, and would OBVIOUSLY wait Trump out. What does Xi care if exports to the US dip for a few months?

As for your "spotlight on China"....how is this "the right thing"? What did that accomplish? Be specific.

Trump did his "China is ripping us off" game because it played to his xenophobic base, Tech. It's really not that complicated. It worked in the sense that they, like you, say "Trump stood up to China". That was Trump's end goal: the headline "Trump Stands up to China". The details, as is always the case with Trump, entirely immaterial to him. He just wants the headline. And he got it.

If you honestly don't understand that after watching Trump operate for the last four years? I don't know what to tell you.....
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am :lol: This is such classic a fan... to wave his, I'm a genius and you're not flag, after the fact
After the fact? :lol: I told you EXACTLY what would happen three years ago------that Xi would wait Trump out-----and that's exactly what happened. And nope, I'm not saying I'm a genius...I'm saying the opposite: only a partisan would buy Trump's fake Trade War. I told you Xi would wait him out, and you didn't want to hear it. And instead of simply saying "yeah, you were right" and moving the F on, your ego can't handle that, so instead, you lash out and claim that I think I'm a genius. :lol:

You think that it takes a genius to figure out that Trump is a con man who doesn't know the first thing about trade, and who's ONLY goal in this mess is the headline "Trump Stands up to China"? :lol: Yeah.....okie-dokie.
tech37 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:24 am Anyone looking at this objectively and honestly has to ask themselves, just where would our trade situation be with Chania had Covid never happened.
And yet you wonder why I would conclude you're a Republican. You're forgetting that the entire reason I give you (and Old Salt, for that matter) grief is that I saw how you handled a President with a little D by his name for years, with Obama. And not once did you give us this "the dog ate my homework" Covid excuse as to why a policy failed under Obama. Instead? You hammered him.

If Covid changed the calculus with China? Trump is supposed to change course, my man. Not sit in the corner and do nothing. That's how it works.

But you give him a pass. As you always do.

I look forward to your wise, peripatetic patience with Biden. I'm sure you'll tell FoxNation to "be patient" with Biden.

Happy New Year.....
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Tech...what he said

A fan argued this contemporaneously as did I as did lots of clear eyed folks

I see that you are claiming work in progress... nope Trump had already capitulated pre Covid and was looking to somehow spin it the other way thus the kissing Xi s butt as Covid hit.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:21 am
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 pm We've just been given a master class in gaslighting by Salty.

But hey, he's not a Trump supporter! :? :roll:
You don't need one. You have a PhD.

I defended the then CinC when I agreed with him & will continue to do so re. his legacy.
If you care to understand why, listen to VP Pence's farewell to the military at NAS Lemoore.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?508048-1/ ... hievements

I will continue to critique govt officials who abused their power & the biased media who tried to prevent, then subvert, his Presidency & are still trying to ruin decent people who chose to serve their country the last 4 years.

If you choose to call that gaslighting, when you don't have a rational, civil response, then strike the match.
nope, you gaslight on almost every post. Including above.

You just whined about Mikie Sherrill, tried to tear her service down, diminish her...Has anyone on here or in the dreaded "biased media" said that Flynn's military service was not admirable and to be appreciated?

and of course your ire about "biased media" is ONLY for those who lean to the centrist or left perspective...no ire for Fox, OAN, NewsMax, Rush...etc. You cite propagandists as your preferred 'sources'...

Master Class
I did not " tear down " Mikie's service. She was an OK Fleet LT, selected for promotion to LCDR on schedule, then left before promotion.
I pointed out what she actually did in her 8 years after flight training as an 0-2/3, & made fun of her for hyping & exaggerating it. I've researched it further but have not posted the results to avoid further offending delicate sensibilities in this forum.

FNC is the only one you named among the media which I consume & (with NR) the only one R of center. The others you named have grown because the msm are no longer balanced & objective.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:54 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 pm We've just been given a master class in gaslighting by Salty.

I defended the then CinC when I agreed with him & will continue to do so re. his legacy.
If you care to understand why, listen to VP Pence's farewell to the military at NAS Lemoore.

I will continue to critique govt officials who abused their power & the biased media who tried to prevent, then subvert, his Presidency & are still trying to ruin decent people who chose to serve their country the last 4 years.

If you choose to call that gaslighting, when you don't have a rational, civil response, then strike the match.

You just whined about Mikie Sherrill, tried to tear her service down, diminish her...Has anyone on here or in the dreaded "biased media" said that Flynn's military service was not admirable and to be appreciated?

and of course your ire about "biased media" is ONLY for those who lean to the centrist or left perspective...no ire for Fox, OAN, NewsMax, Rush...etc. You cite propagandists as your preferred 'sources'...

Master Class
I did not " tear down " Mikie's service. She was an OK Fleet LT, selected for promotion to LCDR on schedule, then left before promotion.
I pointed out what she actually did in her 8 years after flight training as an 0-2/3, & made fun of her for hyping & exaggerating it. I've researched it further but have not posted the results to avoid further offending delicate sensibilities in this forum.

FNC is the only one you named among the media which I consume & (with NR) the only one R of center. The others you named have grown because the msm are no longer balanced & objective.
"cushy job"... "VIP tours"..."mommy track"...whole series of posts with snide, negative references to her service...nah, you respect those girl pilots...

Yup, no ire for ANY of them. Lots of ire for the MSM...but not for the right wing "biased" media.

And you cite propagandists like VDH as your respected sources. :roll:
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:00 pm
old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:54 pm

Master Class

"cushy job"... "VIP tours"..."mommy track"...whole series of posts with snide, negative references to her service...nah, you respect those girl pilots...

Yup, no ire for ANY of them. Lots of ire for the MSM...but not for the right wing "biased" media.

And you cite propagandists like VDH as your respected sources. :roll:
:lol: ...they were cushy jobs. She was selected for LCDR & was on a fast track, but she got out & started a family instead.
Good for her. Her choice. She served. It is what it is.

Looking at the bios which she has published, I'm trying to figure out how she did all the things she has claimed to have done, in just 8 years after flight training, as an 0-2/3.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Maybe she worked harder at her service than you? Times change.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:44 pm Maybe she worked harder at her service than you? Times change.
MAGA

“I wish you would!”
DMac

Post by DMac »

It's not the big deal you're making it out to be MDlax. There's plenty of this kind of talk that goes on among people in the military. The Army boys will tell you the Navy boys are nothing but a bunch of bellhops, pretty much all of them will tell you what a cushy outfit the Air Force is, and the Marines...well, of course no one is as tough as a Marine (unless they're in a bar in Naples and phuckk with the wrong group of sailors :D ), on and on with this kind of stuff. There is also a whole lot of exaggerating and flat out lying about what one did while in the military, so it's not so out of line to for one military person to question what another really did. Looked up an old Navy friend on Facebook the other day, he's got a picture of his old uniform on there with more ribbons than he ever earned including a submariners pin (he never spent a second underwater but he'll BS a lot of people with it).
Meanwhile the belittling that goes on, on let's say the Ivy League thread, is flat out disgusting, IMO. My school is better than yours, it's harder to get in here than there....blah, blah, blah. Then, of course, there are the JUCO boys who just aren't smart enough or good enough for much of anything. Is that any different?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:22 pm It's not the big deal you're making it out to be MDlax. There's plenty of this kind of talk that goes on among people in the military. The Army boys will tell you the Navy boys are nothing but a bunch of bellhops, pretty much all of them will tell you what a cushy outfit the Air Force is, and the Marines...well, of course no one is as tough as a Marine (unless they're in a bar in Naples and phuckk with the wrong group of sailors :D ), on and on with this kind of stuff. There is also a whole lot of exaggerating and flat out lying about what one did while in the military, so it's not so out of line to for one military person to question what another really did. Looked up an old Navy friend on Facebook the other day, he's got a picture of his old uniform on there with more ribbons than he ever earned including a submariners pin (he never spent a second underwater but he'll BS a lot of people with it).
Meanwhile the belittling that goes on, on let's say the Ivy League thread, is flat out disgusting, IMO. My school is better than yours, it's harder to get in here than there....blah, blah, blah. Then, of course, there are the JUCO boys who just aren't smart enough or good enough for much of anything. Is that any different?
I don't recall any Ivy alums (on here) belittling non-Ivy schools, though I do recall lots of defensiveness/aggressiveness from some non-Ivy folks about the Ivies.

Pretty ridiculous really, but hey, I get it...there are indeed snobs and a-holes of all sorts of stripes who graduate from these schools...if you're saying that Ivy alums sometimes joust about their schools, that's true. It's dumb, I'd agree, but typically just in rivalry fun.

Have no idea where the reference to JUCO comes from...are you talking about threads other than the Ivies? Seriously, what the heck are you referring to? Are you referring to some discussions about the era in which Cornell picked up a couple of terrific players every so often from a JUCO? I don't recall anyone belittling those guys as not smart...IMO, good for them working their way to a 4 year opportunity. Not everyone graduates high school with all their act together, so more power to someone working their way to a great opportunity. I don't recall anyone saying otherwise, but perhaps someone did...

Let's just say that Salty is more than dismissive of her, while heaven forbid anyone criticize Flynn's non-military 'work'...after all we need to bend the knee to Flynn (and Salty) because of his military service. Such crappola.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:44 pm Maybe she worked harder at her service than you? Times change.
Not that much. Her career overlapped with mine.
Some politicians tend to overstate or embellish what they did during their military service.
I'm disappointed that LT Sherrill seems to have taken that path.
https://www.usna.edu/Notables/congress/1994sherrill.php

After graduating from the United States Naval Academy in 1994, Congresswoman Sherrill spent almost 10 years on active duty in the United States Navy. She flew missions throughout Europe and the Middle East as a Sea King helicopter pilot, worked on the Battle Watch Floor in the European Theater during the Iraq invasion, and served as a Flag Aide to the Deputy Commander in Chief of the U.S. Atlantic Fleet. Congresswoman Sherrill also served as a Russian policy officer and worked on the implementation of our nuclear treaty obligations and oversaw the relationship between the U.S. Navy and Russian Federation Navy.
She should have completed flight training in 1996, then assigned to HC-2 in Norfolk for a 3 year tour of duty, making 2 X 6 mos deployments flying Fleet Admiral's H-3 Sea King helo's. First to Bahrain for Com 5th Flt, then to Naples for Com 6th Flt. The Admiral for whom she was a Flag Aide was based in Norfolk, possibly her second tour of duty. Her wiki bio says in 2000, she was stationed at NAS Corpus Christi, TX, which is HQ of the Naval Air Training Command staff & a large pilot training base.

She does not say what command contained the Battle Watch Floor in the European Theater in which she worked during the Iraq invasion in 2003, which was her last year in service. That, plus her Russian policy portfolio, are not typically LT assignments. The pieces don't fit together. That's too many jobs, in too many places, crammed into 8 years of service. That is the standard blurb on her Congressional & campaign sites & has been repeated in every media fluff piece. It just does not add up.

Return to “POLITICS”