CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 pm We've just been given a master class in gaslighting by Salty.

But hey, he's not a Trump supporter! :? :roll:
You don't need one. You have a PhD.

I defended the then CinC when I agreed with him & will continue to do so re. his legacy.
If you care to understand why, listen to VP Pence's farewell to the military at NAS Lemoore.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?508048-1/ ... hievements

I will continue to critique govt officials who abused their power & the biased media who tried to prevent, then subvert, his Presidency & are still trying to ruin decent people who chose to serve their country the last 4 years.

If you choose to call that gaslighting, when you don't have a rational, civil response, then strike the match.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:18 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:15 am
seacoaster wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:20 am
tech37 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:33 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:24 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:53 am Yeah, kind of think "pogrom" is not the word for what you think is happening.
:D
ahh well, our friend tech is here to defend the mob.
Nope... obviously wrong again... Your friend tech defends truth and reality whenever he can find it.

Speaking of truth...

I'm never one to cherry pick like you and your resistance cult pals like to, but in your usual smug certainty you specifically brought it up other day as supposed debunked rumor:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/1 ... iot-459553

Wonder how many more will surface?
Pogrom is still the wrong word.
:roll: Leave it up to...
I was the one who first called you on it, tech... "you revealed yourself again" may have been my direct quote.

An now "anal lawyer"...yup, you reveal yourself in nearly every post.

You're way out of bounds on this one, IMO.
MD, don’t worry about it w this one.

As an old hoodlum friend of mine used to like to say, “sometimes you just have to let a bi**h be a bi**.”
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:23 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:09 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:36 am
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:13 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am
Kismet wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:01 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:53 am Why wait, just crucify them all b/c they they were there in the first place.
Why wouldn't you take to task ANYONE who entered the building illegally, damaged and stole property and caused harm to others?
Feel free to elaborate on your statement.
I was speaking in general terms about everyone on the mall that day. Seems around these parts, if you support this past administration in any fashion, you are either a, white supremist, racist, trumpist, or fill in the blank with any negative connotation. The gaslighting done in this forum has gotten worse and worse for merely trying to stay optimistic.
OK - can you provide a specific example of the type of gaslighting you reference?
Just do a word search for 'trumpist'...you'll find plenty.
I think you're misusing the term...what you find in references to Trumpists (those who support Tump slavishly) are descriptions of the other factors that may lead them to support Der Leader other than the more typical party affiliation sorts of reasons or liberal vs conservative metrics. Gaslighting involves truly "false information'...you see a lot of this from Trump and the Trumpist media talking heads and from QAnon and similar hard right conspiracy mongers. Truth is turned on its head in gaslighting.

Sure, the descriptions of what is to be a Trumpist are not salutary, but that doesn't make them not true. There's obviously a heavy dose of white resentment, fear, and yes, strains of white supremacism in Trumpism, indeed Der Leader has welcomed such support, ginned these feelings up. And yes, if you're marching next to those carrying Confederate flags and Nazi symbols, next to those in military style gear chanting racist things, and you don't leave the march or confront those with such symbols, then the stain of their racism is on you...if you don't notice them? Huge dose of white privilege at a minimum.

Optimistic? Please. I'm all for optimism when warranted, just be honest about the issues, just be honest about the problems too.

On "there in the first place", I agree that simply presence on the Mall needn't be 'crucify' worthy (and not against the law), though if you didn't leave when the Capitol was overrun, you sure as heck better be a journalist, not a participant. ALL those who entered the Capitol grounds, much less smashing into the building, broke the law...and they did so to in order to overturn an election. My brother-in-law included. I doubt they will prosecute those not inside the building unless they were involved in specific violence, but they ALL did break the law. And for a seditious purpose.

Urban Dictionary

Gaslighting
A form of intimidation or psychological abuse, sometimes called Ambient Abuse where false information is presented to the victim, making them doubt their own memory, perception and quite often, their sanity. The classic example of gaslighting is to switch something around on someone that you know they're sure to notice, but then deny knowing anything about it, and to explain that they "must be imagining things" when they challenge these changes.

A more psychological definition of gaslighting is "an increasing frequency of systematically withholding factual information from, and/or providing false information to, the victim - having the gradual effect of making them anxious, confused, and less able to trust their own memory and perception.
Your spouse begins telling you things that never really happened. For instance, he says that last week he told you he was going to go to the bar with his buddies this Monday night, but you never remember him telling you that.

Or maybe your boss gets angry because you didn't prepare the report he asked you to. When you remind him that he usually prepares that particular report, he snaps that he told you to take care of it a few days ago because he was too busy. However, you know he never asked you to do so.

Both of these could be considered gaslighting.
No need to over complicate it, and, the Urban Dictionary is primary used for slang. It is nothing more than continually manipulating someone, to the point where they feel the need to apologize for something they did not do wrong, sound familiar? You ever done that, of course not? The rub, is most of us around here know and see it happening, those that do it....typically do not realize it.
Urban dictionary was better when it had 25 definitions for Binghamton and then a host of terms Id never heard of such as “Alabama Hot Pocket”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:51 am
6x6 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:59 am
DMac wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:00 pm Oh, and make sure you get yourself some selfies/on camera so you can show your friends (and authorities) what a courageous patriot you are too. Phukin maroons.
Like these brain surgeons..Dmac.
https://youtu.be/W1HGe6TEYHY
I am proud to say that in my lifetime, I have yet to take a “selfie”.
It’s still a selfie even if you use Snapchat and it disappears 30 seconds after you send it to you hot old 8th grade Spanish teacher TLD...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am . The gaslighting done in this forum has gotten worse and worse for merely trying to stay optimistic.
It's been that way ever since Trump was elected.
It is now reaching new levels as we enter the truth & reconciliation phase.
It’s pretty consistent that folks are claiming gaslighting here in that it creates a scenario where they are the abused victims. So many victims in this country. I can’t imagine how these people aren’t homeless or dead by now given how they have been so mistreated by society. I’m crying on the inside for all of you.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am . The gaslighting done in this forum has gotten worse and worse for merely trying to stay optimistic.
:lol: You're getting called out for four years of supporting Trump...and you want to call this gaslighting?

You two are going to pretend like you didn't support the guy, just like millions of Republicans who later claimed they never voted for Nixon.

Lighten up. Own your own opinions. It's not that big of a deal.
We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
During the 4 year bogus Russia hoax (which you swallowed hook, line & sinker) I called out the abuses of power by the Deep State Resistance, which are still being revealed.

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.
You assaulted the names and reputations of tons of people you’ve never met over time including a number of service people. That is gaslighting son.

That’s not optimistic that’s low class straight up and now it’s a complete lie to pretend that you were some bastion of light in the darkness of the world. That’s a joke and just proves how dishonest you’ve been.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm
CU88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:42 pm
This is the BS that the abuser says in an attempt at counseling, after years of abusing a spouse...
:lol: ...thank goodness my wife stopped beating me.

You guys take yourselves waaaay too seriously. Do you think anything any of us posts on this rinky dink forum reaches anyone beyond our small insular group, which has devolved into an intolerant, humorless echo chamber.

How have I supported Trump ? When I agreed with him, I said so & why. When I did not, I did not.

If you assume my silence signals approval, that makes an ass of you not me.
Meanwhile, 4:18 earlier in the day...

“We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
During the 4 year bogus Russia hoax (which you swallowed hook, line & sinker) I called out the abuses of power by the Deep State Resistance, which are still being revealed.

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.“

Defending indefensible behavior with half wit logic, specious claims based solely on opinion (stating it as fact) and related manipulation of facts is support of the man. Unless it’s an intellect issue in the lack of understanding this...

(Not to mention the unnecessary attacks on servecmen, reporters and others. Either lying or had a surgery like Jack Nicholson at the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:56 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:38 pm The hoax was alleging that Trump or any of his campaign officials colluded with Russian assets.
Right. They just meet with Putin's assets in the clear light of day at Trump Tower, ATTEMPTING to collude, and telling the world that they ATTEMPTED to collude.

And you and your fellow Republicans don't care. Nice job. This permissiveness has done our country wonders.
Paul Manafort's role as chairman of the Trump campaign, his longstanding ties to people affiliated with Russian intelligence services and his willingness to share information with them "represented a grave counterintelligence threat" during the 2016 presidential race, according to a new report from the Senate Intelligence Committee

Nothing to be concerned with here. Get over Hillary losing.
What was Manafort convicted of ? How long was he with the campaign & what did he do ? What did the investigations prove about his actions while working for the campaign ?

"Represented a grave threat" is just rationalization for the investigations. Not results.
What was OJ convicted of..... nighty night.
Don’t worry he’s going to find the killer.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:37 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:30 pm We've just been given a master class in gaslighting by Salty.

I defended the then CinC when I agreed with him & will continue to do so re. his legacy.
If you care to understand why, listen to VP Pence's farewell to the military at NAS Lemoore.

I will continue to critique govt officials who abused their power & the biased media who tried to prevent, then subvert, his Presidency & are still trying to ruin decent people who chose to serve their country the last 4 years.

If you choose to call that gaslighting, when you don't have a rational, civil response, then strike the match.
There’s been a bajillion civil, rational responses to you over time and it was just pointless because you weren’t behaving in good faith. It’s all bad faith, including these statements above, from you. Folks just got tired of wasting their time responding to you honorably when you just treated them all like trash by continually making bad faith comments. It’s over, like the disgraced, pathetic man who was absolutely responsible for a attempted insurrection of our nations Capitol. A stain in American history that you pretend to “Positively” stand for.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:58 am
:lol: You're getting called out for four years of supporting Trump...and you want to call this gaslighting?

You two are going to pretend like you didn't support the guy, just like millions of Republicans who later claimed they never voted for Nixon.

We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.
You assaulted the names and reputations of tons of people you’ve never met over time including a number of service people. That is gaslighting son.

That’s not optimistic that’s low class straight up and now it’s a complete lie to pretend that you were some bastion of light in the darkness of the world. That’s a joke and just proves how dishonest you’ve been.
Public figures who took a public position.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:39 am
seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:53 am Yeah, kind of think "pogrom" is not the word for what you think is happening.
Nope... obviously wrong again... Your friend tech defends truth and reality whenever he can find it.

Speaking of truth...

I'm never one to cherry pick like you and your resistance cult pals like to, but in your usual smug certainty you specifically brought it up other day as supposed debunked rumor:

I was the one who first called you on it, tech... "you revealed yourself again" may have been my direct quote.

As an old hoodlum friend of mine used to like to say, “sometimes you just have to let a bi**h be a bi**.”
You would know.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:09 am
This is the BS that the abuser says in an attempt at counseling, after years of abusing a spouse...

You guys take yourselves waaaay too seriously. Do you think anything any of us posts on this rinky dink forum reaches anyone beyond our small insular group, which has devolved into an intolerant, humorless echo chamber.

How have I supported Trump ? When I agreed with him, I said so & why. When I did not, I did not.

“We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.“

Defending indefensible behavior with half wit logic, specious claims based solely on opinion (stating it as fact) and related manipulation of facts is support of the man. Unless it’s an intellect issue in the lack of understanding this...

(Not to mention the unnecessary attacks on servecmen, reporters and others. Either lying or had a surgery like Jack Nicholson at the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest)
Indefensible behavior ? Examine your own posts. Other service members who take a public position are no more immune from criticism than I am.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:21 am

So it’s not gaslighting when it’s public figures? Including servicemen? You’ve held that position but even so it doesn’t cover attacks on the physical appearance of a person which you’ve done. Assaulted character and intent while claiming we can’t possibly know yours, which is fraudulent, public or private person is irrelevant to this. Your position is goofy, especially when you turn around and cry that public figures you like are criticized in a rather whiny manner.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:26 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:09 am

Indefensible behavior ? Examine your own posts. Other service members who take a public position are no more immune from criticism than I am.
I’m on a rinky dink forum nobody cares about as you stated (five seconds after saying it mattered). Have I defended myself at all? Just tossing dung against the wall here I see.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:18 am

There’s been a bajillion civil, rational responses to you over time and it was just pointless because you weren’t behaving in good faith. It’s all bad faith, including these statements above, from you. Folks just got tired of wasting their time responding to you honorably when you just treated them all like trash by continually making bad faith comments. It’s over, like the disgraced, pathetic man who was absolutely responsible for a attempted insurrection of our nations Capitol. A stain in American history that you pretend to “Positively” stand for.
74,200,000 fellow Americans may not share your assessment. Good faith = agrees with you.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:22 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:39 am

Speaking of truth...

You would know.
Since being around these boards I’ve learned it. But good anachronistic one from the 19th century in “in know you are but what am I”. Harkens back to the day’s before we had electricity and to my point about half wit logic...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:29 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:18 am

74,200,000 fellow Americans may not share your assessment. Good faith = agrees with you.
That’s just a stupid argument for many reasons. And incorrect even for half wit logic.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:28 am

So it’s not gaslighting when it’s public figures? Including servicemen? You’ve held that position but even so it doesn’t cover attacks on the physical appearance of a person which you’ve done. Assaulted character and intent while claiming we can’t possibly know yours, which is fraudulent, public or private person is irrelevant to this. Your position is goofy, especially when you turn around and cry that public figures you like are criticized in a rather whiny manner.
How many attacks on the physical appearance of Trump have there been on these pages ? Go cry about that & keep trolling for tight bodied divorcees.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

old salt wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:35 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 8:28 am

How many attacks on the physical appearance of Trump have there been on these pages ? Go cry about that & keep trolling for tight bodied divorcees.
No crying. I’m pointing out that you’re being classless in that behavior. And this was in the specific context of your misrepresenting the definition of a word, gaslighting, to present yourself as a victim of mistreatment. Pathetic.

Fraudulent and of limited mental bandwith across the board...

Crying, deflecting, intellectual dishonesty/incapacity (take your pick) and equivocation.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

nope, you gaslight on almost every post. Including above.

You just whined about Mikie Sherrill, tried to tear her service down, diminish her...Has anyone on here or in the dreaded "biased media" said that Flynn's military service was not admirable and to be appreciated?

and of course your ire about "biased media" is ONLY for those who lean to the centrist or left perspective...no ire for Fox, OAN, NewsMax, Rush...etc. You cite propagandists as your preferred 'sources'...

Master Class

Return to “POLITICS”