CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
old salt

Re: CNN Says 'White Men' are the Biggest Terror Threat in US

Post by old salt »

CU88 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:42 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am . The gaslighting done in this forum has gotten worse and worse for merely trying to stay optimistic.
It is now reaching new levels as we enter the truth & reconciliation phase.
This is the BS that the abuser says in an attempt at counseling, after years of abusing a spouse...
:lol: ...thank goodness my wife stopped beating me.

You guys take yourselves waaaay too seriously. Do you think anything any of us posts on this rinky dink forum reaches anyone beyond our small insular group, which has devolved into an intolerant, humorless echo chamber.

How have I supported Trump ? When I agreed with him, I said so & why. When I did not, I did not.

If you assume my silence signals approval, that makes an ass of you not me.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:35 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:46 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:10 am . The gaslighting done in this forum has gotten worse and worse for merely trying to stay optimistic.
It's been that way ever since Trump was elected.
:lol: You're getting called out for four years of supporting Trump...and you want to call this gaslighting?

You two are going to pretend like you didn't support the guy, just like millions of Republicans who later claimed they never voted for Nixon.

Lighten up. Own your own opinions. It's not that big of a deal.
We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
During the 4 year bogus Russia hoax (which you swallowed hook, line & sinker) I called out the abuses of power by the Deep State Resistance, which are still being revealed.

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.
Putin put Russian assets to work to help Trump get elected.
...& Clinton put Russian assets to work to defeat him.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:26 pm
:lol: You're getting called out for four years of supporting Trump...and you want to call this gaslighting?

You two are going to pretend like you didn't support the guy, just like millions of Republicans who later claimed they never voted for Nixon.

We are mere spectators voicing our opinion. I did not vote for nor contribute to Trump. I am not a social media "influencer". This is the only place I express my political views. Don't overestimate the influence or reach of this tiny forum of a few fans of an elitist niche sport, killing time & bantering between games. (although I'm sure MDLF76 has reported it to the FBI tip line)

Like YA & tech, I tried to remain optimistic & defended the positives, despite the withering attacks.
During the 4 year bogus Russia hoax (which you swallowed hook, line & sinker) I called out the abuses of power by the Deep State Resistance, which are still being revealed.

You telling others to lighten up in their opinions. :lol: Now THAT is gaslighting.
So it wasn’t a hoax...... Like LL said “Don’t call it a comeback, you been here for years!”
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:35 pm

So it wasn’t a hoax...... Like LL said “Don’t call it a comeback, you been here for years!”
The hoax was alleging that Trump or any of his campaign officials colluded with Russian assets.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm You guys take yourselves waaaay too seriously. Do you think anything any of us posts on this rinky dink forum reaches anyone beyond our small insular group, which has devolved into an intolerant, humorless echo chamber.
It has done no such thing. You---and guys like Pete----think that way because we had an R in office, and you didn't like seeing poster do to Trump....what you did to Obama. Simply put: you notice the nonstop criticism because you're not the one doing the criticizing....you made no such observation under Obama. You gave him no excuses. No quarter. You hit him for not just what he said or did-----you hit him by inventing things like "apologizing for America" when he did no such thing.

And then when Trump actually DID things like say we're no better than Putin (you think our country is so innocent)? Silence. Intentional silence.

Now that Biden is in office? You'll shoot first, and think later, just as you did with Obama.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm How have I supported Trump ?
By giving passes to him, when you did no such thing to Obama for doing the exact same thing. And of course, long time posters notice these things quite easily.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm If you assume my silence signals approval, that makes an ass of you not me.
We don't assume----we KNOW----that your silence on many of the things he has done or said.... is intentional.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:38 pm The hoax was alleging that Trump or any of his campaign officials colluded with Russian assets.
Right. They just meet with Putin's assets in the clear light of day at Trump Tower, ATTEMPTING to collude, and telling the world that they ATTEMPTED to collude.

And you and your fellow Republicans don't care. Nice job. This permissiveness has done our country wonders.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:38 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:35 pm

The hoax was alleging that Trump or any of his campaign officials colluded with Russian assets.
nah, I think they did 'collude'. In antitrust law (the only place where "collusion" is actually a legal term) collusion needn't be an explicit agreement, rather it can be accomplished through various 'signaling' ala what the airlines got cracked down on for doing with their pricing moves.

There was a ton of 'signaling' going on, and you conveniently ignore that there was actual direct contact that's not been explained adequately by anyone telling the truth under oath. And lots of hiding the content of communications between Trump and Putin post election. Sorry, you really can't call any of that a 'hoax' or somehow proof that there was no collusion. What wasn't proven by Mueller et al was a prosecutable case of conspiracy, which was the relevant legal term.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:43 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm You guys take yourselves waaaay too seriously. Do you think anything any of us posts on this rinky dink forum reaches anyone beyond our small insular group, which has devolved into an intolerant, humorless echo chamber.
It has done no such thing. You---and guys like Pete----think that way because we had an R in office, and you didn't like seeing poster do to Trump....what you did to Obama. Simply put: you notice the nonstop criticism because you're not the one doing the criticizing....you made no such observation under Obama. You gave him no excuses. No quarter. You hit him for not just what he said or did-----you hit him by inventing things like "apologizing for America" when he did no such thing.

And then when Trump actually DID things like say we're no better than Putin (you think our country is so innocent)? Silence. Intentional silence.

Now that Biden is in office? You'll shoot first, and think later, just as you did with Obama.
By giving passes to him, when you did no such thing to Obama for doing the exact same thing. And of course, long time posters notice these things quite easily.
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm If you assume my silence signals approval, that makes an ass of you not me.
We don't assume----we KNOW----that your silence on many of the things he has done or said.... is intentional.
+1...it's long been obvious.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:45 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:38 pm The hoax was alleging that Trump or any of his campaign officials colluded with Russian assets.
Right. They just meet with Putin's assets in the clear light of day at Trump Tower, ATTEMPTING to collude, and telling the world that they ATTEMPTED to collude.

And you and your fellow Republicans don't care. Nice job. This permissiveness has done our country wonders.
Paul Manafort's role as chairman of the Trump campaign, his longstanding ties to people affiliated with Russian intelligence services and his willingness to share information with them "represented a grave counterintelligence threat" during the 2016 presidential race, according to a new report from the Senate Intelligence Committee

Nothing to be concerned with here. Get over Hillary losing.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:46 pm
a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:43 pm

+1...it's long been obvious.
Mask slippage. A caricature.
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

They met in clear light of day, realized it was a scam. ended it, & nothing came of it. Every time you bring it up, I have to remind you that the Russian lawyer lady was a Fusion GPS client who met with Glenn Simpson the day prior & the day after the Trump tower meeting. Mueller made nothing of it.

While Clinton's campaign lawyers hired Fusion GPS, who hired Steele, who paid a Russian spy as his primary sub-source & packaged his bar talk in his dossier, which became the foundation for Crossfire Hurricane & Mueller's investigation.

That's why nobody was even indicted for anything related to colluding with the Russians. It was for either prior acts or process crimes.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 pm

Paul Manafort's role as chairman of the Trump campaign, his longstanding ties to people affiliated with Russian intelligence services and his willingness to share information with them "represented a grave counterintelligence threat" during the 2016 presidential race, according to a new report from the Senate Intelligence Committee

What was Manafort convicted of ? How long was he with the campaign & what did he do ? What did the investigations prove about his actions while working for the campaign ?

"Represented a grave threat" is just rationalization for the investigations. Not results.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:51 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:10 pm

What was Manafort convicted of ? How long was he with the campaign & what did he do ? What did the investigations prove about his actions while working for the campaign ?

"Represented a grave threat" is just rationalization for the investigations. Not results.
What was OJ convicted of..... nighty night.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:48 pm They met in clear light of day, realized it was a scam. ended it, & nothing came of it. Every time you bring it up, I have to remind you that the Russian lawyer lady was a Fusion GPS client who met with Glenn Simpson the day prior & the day after the Trump tower meeting.
And every time you bring that up, I say: so what? That clears her of suspicion of working for Putin, does it? Neat-o.

How freaking stupid are we, again? Some random lady calls telling TeamTrump she has dirt on Hillary----and they take the meeting.

And your response to this is: "not only do I think that's a fine thing to do, there's NO WAY that lady works for Putin".

And the great thing is? If Hillary took that meeting? Everyone here, including you, knows that you would have NEVER shut up about it, and would be complaining about it to this day.....
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm Mueller made nothing of it.
Of course he didn't. Nothing illegal transpired. It's up to us as Americans to not be so freaking stupid that we can't see one of Putin's people working in the US.

And guess what? We're too stupid to see it. Know why? She pitched this to Republicans. The same team that thinks storming the Capitol is super-neat-o, and now thinks we should foment riots before every Electoral College count, and make a day of it. Pack a picnic! Bring the whole family! Hooray!
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm While Clinton's campaign lawyers hired Fusion GPS, who hired Steele, who paid a Russian spy as his primary sub-source & packaged his bar talk in his dossier, which became the foundation for Crossfire Hurricane & Mueller's investigation.
Yeah, but you're forgetting you're telling me that that's just AWESOME that they did that, and "problem? What problem", remember?

Either you're ok with both the TrumpMeeting and the Steele dossier-----or you're not ok with both. You CLEARLY picked "who cares, I like Trump's policies", and looked the other way on both counts. So stop bringing up the Steele dossier. You already planted your "I don't care" flag years ago....
old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:23 pm That's why nobody was even indicted for anything related to colluding with the Russians.
No one was indicted because collusion isn't a legal thing in America.

But Manafort's work with a Putin puppet was INDEED indictable. But so what, right? I like Trump's policies.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:30 pm blah [chop] blah [chop]

No one was indicted because collusion isn't a legal thing in America.

But Manafort's work with a Putin puppet was INDEED indictable. But so what, right? I like Trump's policies.
Manafort was not indicted for that, so there was nothing indictable.

The Trump Tower meeting was publicized & investigated extensively, yet proved nothing beyond "unwitting" bumbling.

The Clinton origin of the Steele dossier was ignored & not reported by the MSM.
You're cool with a Presidential candidate paying a foreign spy to hire a Russian source, to generate disinformation on an opponent, to feed to the FBI, State Dept, CIA Director, at least 2 Senators, which finds it's way into FISA warrants & the IC's intel report used to brief incoming & outgoing Presidents, ...about a pee tape & a bunch of other "bar talk". You are willfully blind.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Did you find Cohen's mini-bar bill from Prague yet ?
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:52 pm
Did you find Cohen's mini-bar bill from Prague yet ?
How is your comeback going?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

We've just been given a master class in gaslighting by Salty.

But hey, he's not a Trump supporter! :? :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”