All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Bart

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Bart »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:30 am
Bart wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:04 am This video discusses when a less sensitive test may be more applicable than the slower, more sensitive PCR test.

This web site tutorial talks about masks and the math behind them. It is an interactive site with some interesting conclusions.

https://aatishb.com/maskmath/

Watch or read or not. I found them interesting.
there are 2 community masks studies that i've seen that have shown good promise on masks for covid spread.

one through the university of iowa, who if you go to their site and bounce around on research they've done, looks like they have a very deep bench in epidemiology. not normal? and at least one of the authors has done some other real published work on covid.

anyway, the major limitation imo and there a couple others... the time period. like march to may. and then judging start periods of places that had gotten hit early vs those that hadn't. now that they have the rubric, if they could provide a follow on study now that about everyone has gone thru swings, that'd be very instructive.
https://www.public-health.uiowa.edu/new ... -mandates/
the other was based on the reasoning provided by your article on why masks can work for lower viral load. 1,085 counties. robust. unfortunately, it was pulled a week or so after it came out bc again, timing. we went thru (still are) a surge shortly thereafter and once again... a follow on study might be invaluable.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101 ... 20208728v2
Thanks. First one was interesting. Second one, well reading the comments was interesting.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Crazy to think how many American lives could have been/be saved if IMPOTUS o d was not involved...

Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
States were anticipating a windfall after federal officials said they would stop holding back second doses. But the approach had already changed, and no stockpile exists.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... e-used-up/
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Operation Warp Speed leaders waited more than two months to approve a plan to distribute and administer Covid-19 vaccines proposed by U.S. health officials

https://www.wsj.com/articles/covid-19-v ... 1610737935

"We are rounding the corner..."

"It will go away by itself..."

"After Nov. 4th, no one will be talking about COVID..."

MAGA
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:01 pm Crazy to think how many American lives could have been/be saved if IMPOTUS o d was not involved...

Vaccine reserve was already exhausted when Trump administration vowed to release it, dashing hopes of expanded access
States were anticipating a windfall after federal officials said they would stop holding back second doses. But the approach had already changed, and no stockpile exists.

As recent as this summer and this fall, many people here thought there would be no vaccine by the New Year. I remember a lot of people here skewering Peter and others who thought the Holidays were a legit target to even HAVE a vaccine.

Now those same doubters are complaining because we have a vaccine and it's not 100% rolled out at the new year.

And what seems to be the issue? How much faster can they go? Here in MD we have already moved to stage 1b of rollout. And in NJ they have enough that they are now moving smokers to the front of the line.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm And what seems to be the issue? How much faster can they go? Here in MD we have already moved to stage 1b of rollout. And in NJ they have enough that they are now moving smokers to the front of the line.
Great. Must be nice to be so close to DC. Meanwhile, out here in Colorado, not only do my 70 yr old parents not have the vaccine...they can't even be told when they will get it.

How much faster can they go? I pointed this out in the summer, my man. We CHOSE to not work on the manufacturing infrastructure. Result? We're adding MONTHS to how long we're in this economic and medical mess.

Oh well. I guess landing on the moon is impossible, and we shouldn't try, right?

How much manufacturing infrastructure do you think you could you buy with One Billion Dollars?

And on the same ledger, how much do you think even just 30 days of being in the Pandemic will cost the US economy?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

a fan wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:34 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm And what seems to be the issue? How much faster can they go? Here in MD we have already moved to stage 1b of rollout. And in NJ they have enough that they are now moving smokers to the front of the line.
Great. Must be nice to be so close to DC. Meanwhile, out here in Colorado, not only do my 70 yr old parents not have the vaccine...they can't even be told when they will get it.

How much faster can they go? I pointed this out in the summer, my man. We CHOSE to not work on the manufacturing infrastructure. Result? We're adding MONTHS to how long we're in this economic and medical mess.

Oh well. I guess landing on the moon is impossible, and we shouldn't try, right?

How much manufacturing infrastructure do you think you could you buy with One Billion Dollars?

And on the same ledger, how much do you think even just 30 days of being in the Pandemic will cost the US economy?
... it is incorrect that MD is doing well with their distribution. We are well behind the original rollout schedule. In MD 70 year olds were supposed to start processing next week. Not happening. My wife tells me I am 6 to 8 weeks away from having any chance at a vaccination. Young adults are unlikely to see it before Q4. In Baltimore County we only started having fire fighters (emergency responders ) vaccinate on Tuesday of this week. Only one person I know who received their first shot the week after Pfizer released, has received their second shot (mid last week).

Let's see if Biden changes any of this. Of course Trump lied. Claimed they would release the stockpile stored for 2nd shots, only then to turn around and tell us, oops, their is no stockpile. Healthcare workers and executives are so tired of the Trumpnista bullsh*t. The dumbest rollout imaginable appears to be the one we chose - do it preferentially through full service pharmacies. I am doubtful that Biden will do a lot better from the get go. He is starting well behind.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
njbill

Post by njbill »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm And in NJ they have enough that they are now moving smokers to the front of the line.
NJ has recently revised its eligibility rules for 1B to add certain individuals at high risk. These include anyone regardless of health over 65 and those over 16 with high risk conditions including “smoking.” (I also wondered about why the smokers were included, but they are.)

These folks are “eligible” to receive vaccinations now, but that is different from actually being able to get them right now. You sign up and wait to be told you are eligible to make an appointment. Then you make an appointment.

Smokers are not sent to the front of the line, although they are now eligible, along with the others mentioned above, to get in line.

There is a mega center near me which I have heard is now up and running. Haven’t checked that out myself yet.

I’m signed up and waiting for my email.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Sounds like many in the 1a category in MD have passed on the vaccine
The wife is a teacher and therefore phase 1b in MD. One email and she is already set for her appointment at the local health dept next week.
I'm in the phase 2 bracket as an "essential worker" per my job category. We shall see when that timeline hits.
We've been dealing with this for 9 mos. a 3-6 more mos. is doable. Regardless of the numbers or vaccination progress, things will likely open back up late spring and summer just like it did last year. My best bet is the "real" timeline for vaccinations to be more complete is fall 2021.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 pm Sounds like many in the 1a category in MD have passed on the vaccine
The wife is a teacher and therefore phase 1b in MD. One email and she is already set for her appointment at the local health dept next week.
I'm in the phase 2 bracket as an "essential worker" per my job category. We shall see when that timeline hits.
We've been dealing with this for 9 mos. a 3-6 more mos. is doable. Regardless of the numbers or vaccination progress, things will likely open back up late spring and summer just like it did last year. My best bet is the "real" timeline for vaccinations to be more complete is fall 2021.
I think things will get a lot better as we head into late summer.

The 1b (Firefighter) I know went to the Timonium Fairgrounds for his shot.

There have been a lot of healthcare workers who have taken a pass. According to my wife, mostly African American (an understandable problem) and pregnant women of all races. In her organization the % is something like 20% taking a pass on it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:40 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:21 pm Sounds like many in the 1a category in MD have passed on the vaccine

There have been a lot of healthcare workers who have taken a pass. According to my wife, mostly African American (an understandable problem) and pregnant women of all races. In her organization the % is something like 20% taking a pass on it.
Howard Hospital near DC was having a real issue getting its POC medical workers taking the vaccine.
livelovelax

Re: 2021 Schedule News

Post by livelovelax »

Another example of the elite being too smart for everyone else as they know better. Really, how many student athletes from 18-24 have died form Covid?
Anyone? And, an outdoor event with parents only attending while wearing masks………….a total of 200 people in the stands. This is pathetic. It does have political overtones and just another reason why common sense doesn't live on that side of the aisle.
I will wait as the woke fact checkers review my post to see if it alligns with the liberal narrative.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Howard Hospital near DC was having a real issue getting its POC medical workers taking the vaccine.
Yup. It is not just the AA community. Latino's are better, but there is still hesitancy in many according to my wife. The AA community has a bad history of being Guinea Pigs, but I suspect among healthcare workers AA and Latino, some (know one) are afraid their is a government plot due to Trump. There are conspiracy theories everywhere. Will see if that changes with Biden, his assurance. If you can't get the healthcare workers, good luck when it comes to the general population. Nice to be white.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:58 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:43 pm

Yup. It is not just the AA community. Latino's are better, but there is still hesitancy in many according to my wife. The AA community has a bad history of being Guinea Pigs, but I suspect among healthcare workers AA and Latino, some (know one) are afraid their is a government plot due to Trump. There are conspiracy theories everywhere. Will see if that changes with Biden, his assurance. If you can't get the healthcare workers, good luck when it comes to the general population. Nice to be white.
Really....nice to be white, as if white trust the government....did you see what those crackers just did at the Capitol?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

livelovelax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:53 pm Another example of the elite being too smart for everyone else as they know better. Really, how many student athletes from 18-24 have died form Covid?
Anyone? And, an outdoor event with parents only attending while wearing masks………….a total of 200 people in the stands. This is pathetic. It does have political overtones and just another reason why common sense doesn't live on that side of the aisle.
I will wait as the woke fact checkers review my post to see if it alligns with the liberal narrative.
Amen my friend, you won't have to wait long. There's zero reason to justify The Ivies being the ONLY conference potentially not to play, ZERO. If they tried to play and had to stop, different story. They just don't care about athletics like the other conferences do, it's very clear. Not going to address anything else that was said, we are more than 10 months into this thing at this point...

Joe
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

livelovelax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:53 pm Another example of the elite being too smart for everyone else as they know better. Really, how many student athletes from 18-24 have died form Covid?
I could not easily find the exact age ranges, but:

In PA 24 out of 18957 total deaths (.12%) were ages 20-29 https://experience.arcgis.com/experienc ... 2dbc9b500e

In the USA 510 out of 329593 total deaths (.15%) were ages 15-24 https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covi ... #AgeAndSex
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:26 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:01 pm Crazy to think how many American lives could have been/be saved if IMPOTUS o d was not involved...

As recent as this summer and this fall, many people here thought there would be no vaccine by the New Year. I remember a lot of people here skewering Peter and others who thought the Holidays were a legit target to even HAVE a vaccine.

Now those same doubters are complaining because we have a vaccine and it's not 100% rolled out at the new year.

And what seems to be the issue? How much faster can they go? Here in MD we have already moved to stage 1b of rollout. And in NJ they have enough that they are now moving smokers to the front of the line.
Pete said we would have our vaccines by Oct 15th. I am looking at the rollout pace and hoping for Oct 15, 2021!

My post was concerning with the understanding that the IMPOTUS o d administration had been telling us that they were holding 50% of available vaccines in reserve, for the 2nd booster round. We all got played again, as they lied. They made a big show of "releasing" the reverse vaccines; but then told us that there was in fact none available.

"And yet another story emerged today that reflects badly on the administration. Its vaccination rollout is far behind where officials had promised it would be by now, and three days ago, on January 12, Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar announced the government would no longer hold back second doses of the vaccine, expecting that pharmaceutical companies could keep pace and produce enough vaccines for the second dose as it was needed. The popular understanding was that they had held back half the available doses for that second necessary shot.

But today we learned that when Azar made that announcement, there was no reserve; the available vaccines had already been distributed. State health officials are outraged that vaccines they had counted on are not available, another sign of just how chaotic the vaccine rollout has been. Chicago Public Health Commissioner Allison Arwady told Washington Post reporters Isaac Stanley-Becker and Lena H. Sun, “I have stopped paying a whole lot of attention to what is being said verbally at the federal level right now.”

Tonight, Azar handed his resignation to Trump, effective at noon on January 20, the minute Trump leaves office. His resignation letter touts the administration’s “remarkable response to the pandemic” and insists that “our early, aggressive, and comprehensive efforts saved hundreds of thousands or even millions of American lives.” It goes on to list what he considers the many triumphs of the administration in health care. Azar appears to suggest that he is resigning because of “the actions and rhetoric following the election,” although he never identifies Trump as being behind those actions and rhetoric."

How many Americans died yesterday?

'I don't take responsibility at all' - IMPOTUS o d
TAV

Post by TAV »

Come on, man! Never let a good crisis go too waste!
Bold statements! You’re on The List now!
Power and Money, Power and Money! Simple enough.
If the Ivies don’t play, so be it. We have 2-3 more years of this and then we’ll be back to “normal”; in the meantime, I’ll take what college lax I can get.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

My goodness, trump could have solved world peace and you'd complain there's no ketchup for your steak. ;) :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “POLITICS”