2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: 2020 Elections - Led to Historic Impeachment #2

Post by runrussellrun »

njbill wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:15 pm So, let's say that somehow Trump had immunity due to pardon, thus forced to testify...there are potential civil actions from these same events...right?
If you mean Jan. 6, I'm not so sure. In theory, I suppose someone could bring a civil action seeking to have T**** held to be the master conspirator. Could the Capitol policeman's family sue for wrongful death? Could others who were injured seek to have T**** held liable? I suppose, but my gut feeling is those would be tough cases to win. Something to keep an eye on, though, as the evidence develops.
This being as legal issue.......school districts have the power to destroy under 18 year humans lives because of stuff they post on the electronosphere.

For the US Senate, should be a slam dunk. Big deal, you can't run for POTUSA, or anything, ever again.. In the scheme of things, being aged in your 70's, isn't it time to spend it with friends and family?

Sure, it may be hard to prove. Isn't it worth trying, tho? Pretty sure we could find a pro bono lawyer or two, or a few thousand, to do the work. ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MAGA Warriors

These folks are upset about the cap on SALT
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Question for NYT subscribers -- do Maggie & Jonathan have any more scoops from their unnamed inside sources ?
Didn't Mitch make a statement refuting this ?
McConnell is said to be pleased about impeachment, believing it will be easier to purge Trump from the G.O.P.

Jan. 12, 2021, 4:26 p.m.
By Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman

Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, the Republican leader, has told associates that he believes President Trump committed impeachable offenses and that he is pleased that Democrats are moving to impeach him, believing that it will make it easier to purge him from the party, according to people familiar with his thinking. The House is voting on Wednesday to formally charge Mr. Trump with inciting violence against the country.

Taken together, the stances of Congress’s two top Republicans — neither of whom has said publicly that Mr. Trump should resign or be impeached — reflected the politically challenging and fast-moving nature of the crisis that the party faces after the assault by a pro-Trump mob during a session to formalize President-elect Joseph R. Biden Jr.’s electoral victory.

As more violent images from the mayhem wrought by the rioters emerged on Tuesday, including of the brutal attack that ultimately killed a Capitol Police officer, and as lawmakers were briefed about threats of more attacks on the Capitol, rank-and-file Republican lawmakers grew angrier about the president’s role in the violence.

Republican congressional leaders who have loyally backed the president for four years were still stepping delicately. Their refusal to demand the president’s resignation and quiet plotting about how to address his conduct highlighted the gnawing uncertainty that they and many other Republicans have about whether they would pay more of a political price for abandoning him or for continuing to enable him after he incited a mob to storm the seat of government.

Mr. McConnell has indicated that he wants to see the specific article of impeachment that the House is set to approve on Wednesday, and hear the eventual arguments in the Senate. ...But the Senate Republican leader has made clear in private discussions that he believes now is the moment to move on from the weakened lame duck, whom he blames for causing Republicans to lose the Senate. Mr. McConnell has not spoken to Mr. Trump since mid-December, when the senator told the president that he would be recognizing Mr. Biden as president-elect after the Electoral College certified Mr. Biden’s victory.

On Monday, Mr. Biden telephoned Mr. McConnell to ask whether it was possible to set up a dual track that would allow the Senate to confirm Mr. Biden’s cabinet nominees and hold a Senate trial at the same time, according to officials briefed on the conversation who disclosed it on condition of anonymity. Far from avoiding the topic of impeaching Mr. Trump, Mr. McConnell said it was a question for the Senate parliamentarian, and promised Mr. Biden a quick answer.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

njbill wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:36 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:15 pm So, let's say that somehow Trump had immunity due to pardon, thus forced to testify...there are potential civil actions from these same events...right?
If you mean Jan. 6, I'm not so sure. In theory, I suppose someone could bring a civil action seeking to have T**** held to be the master conspirator. Could the Capitol policeman's family sue for wrongful death? Could others who were injured seek to have T**** held liable? I suppose, but my gut feeling is those would be tough cases to win. Something to keep an eye on, though, as the evidence develops.
Yes, that's what I was referring to...would be a heck of a claim.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Trump is a festering infection who has poisoned the minds of a whole lot of people in this country, IMHO. Amputation by means of the electoral college was a good idea. How to clean the wound up is the tough part.
The Trump mentality. MAGA, Stop The Steal!! So this gets spread through the internet cesspool and a whole bunch of people stand up and holler, HELL YEAH!!!
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

DMac wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 pm Trump is a festering infection who has poisoned the minds of a whole lot of people in this country, IMHO. Amputation by means of the electoral college was a good idea. How to clean the wound up is the tough part.
The Trump mentality. MAGA, Stop The Steal!! So this gets spread through the internet cesspool and a whole bunch of people stand up and holler, HELL YEAH!!!
The sad thing is, that is an effective meme. Hits the right emotional spots. The rabid Trumpists take these things and run with them. They self-radicalize as they consume more and more, like so many religious extremists, incels, and others.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 pm More MAGA Warriors
I suspect the MAGA insurrectionists will get a very different reception next time. The real peaceful protestors should stay away from any of these rallies that include proud boys, militias and the other assorted criminal elements of the right wing. They are just going to be used as cannon fodder by the criminals. These criminals don't really give a rats ass about the "legitimate cause" of the peaceful protestors - a better life.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:34 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 pm More MAGA Warriors
I suspect the MAGA insurrectionists will get a very different reception next time. The real peaceful protestors should stay away from any of these rallies that include proud boys, militias and the other assorted criminal elements of the right wing. They are just going to be used as cannon fodder by the criminals. These criminals don't really give a rats ass about the "legitimate cause" of the peaceful protestors - a better life.
Your advice here sounds like what I have read over and over about the violent Antifa protests. The buzz phrase has always been "the protests were mostly peaceful" Those few folks burning and looting and beating people up were just an anomaly. You have to say in both instances the protest message from both sides has been drowned out by the actions of the extremists on both sides. Sadly, I have to admit the actions of these far right dump supporters was much more painful for me to watch. They are the people that claim to be all about the rule of law and tell us what patriots they are. They then wrap themselves up in our flag and desecrate our nations capital building. I hope that most of these folks went to DC to have a peaceful protest, as my FLP friends would put it... except for that incident the protest was mostly peaceful.( SARCASM) I hope that President Biden also has a plan to heal our wounds and bring us all together. I fear for this country if we keep heading down this road of anger and hatred from the extremists on both sides.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Maybe when you're stone cold wrong, it's harder to find counsel?

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/us-law-we ... FD4F017A06

Not even Pam Bondi? Jenna Ellis?
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

When you're stone cold wrong, when History is likely to judge you as a scumbag loser and when you have a long history of stiffing your hired help on the bill...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

FannOLax wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:03 am When you're stone cold wrong, when History is likely to judge you as a scumbag loser and when you have a long history of stiffing your hired help on the bill...
Well, yeah. That too.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

DMac wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 pm Trump is a festering infection who has poisoned the minds of a whole lot of people in this country, IMHO. Amputation by means of the electoral college was a good idea. How to clean the wound up is the tough part.
10 thousand armed national guard soldiers. I will bet you a bag of panama red that not a damn one of them will be carrying live ammunition. Those 5.56 rounds make those rifles much more effective. I suppose those ng troops could use their rifles as clubs in a pinch.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

They are carrying live ammo, live magazines just not mounted on the rifle probably.

My bet is the Brown Shirts don't show in Washington. They are going to try to intimidate a few state capitols.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

To be clear, militias are illegal -
Federal law, constitutions in every state, and criminal statutes in 29 states outlaw groups that engage in activities reserved for state agencies, including acting as law enforcement, training and drilling together, engaging in crowd control, and making shows of force as armed groups at public gatherings.
According to US Today.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:42 am They are carrying live ammo, live magazines just not mounted on the rifle probably.

My bet is the Brown Shirts don't show in Washington. They are going to try to intimidate a few state capitols.
That surprises me. It has been many years since the tragedy at Kent State. When you have issued these soldiers live ammo their chain of command better have some serious rules of engagement before any soldier is ordered to lock and load. I would expect of you look close you will not see a magazine in any weapon.

I will agree with you that the far righters will be nowhere to be found. Superior firepower has a way of having that effect on people.
Bob Ross:
DMac

Post by DMac »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 am 10 thousand armed national guard soldiers. I will bet you a bag of panama red that not a damn one of them will be carrying live ammunition. Those 5.56 rounds make those rifles much more effective. I suppose those ng troops could use their rifles as clubs in a pinch.
I'd take you up on that bet and you don't even have to pay up if you lose.
If you're going to stop an overtaking of the White House, I'd think you'd
bring some bullets with ya. Kinda like that bringing a knife to a gun fight
thing. You gonna get your troops killed because they didn't have enough/
the right fire power?

Return to “POLITICS”