Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by runrussellrun »

seacoaster wrote:Sorry I didn't touch every base; but at least it gave you the fulcrum on which to post some of your strange lather about how deceitful the world around you really is. Back on the Ignore Button now.
Oh no.....shut it down....stop the discourse...the IGNORE function. There's a reason why 5-7 people...ONLY....post on these threads. Why are YOU even hear?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
seacoaster wrote:
seacoaster wrote:Yes, I am seeing the "full" or at least fuller versions of the encounter (Kramerica posted it on another thread), and it is pretty sad and, for me anyway, hard to understand exactly how this group intersected with that group. I will say this: if any of the boys engaged in these antics were mine, I'd be mortified. If the F-Bombing Native American were a friend of mine, I wouldn't be very happy with him talking to the kids that way. And no matter what, the encounter -- and YA, by this I am saying the encounter, not the media portrayal of it -- is a pretty unhappy testament to where we are.
Nothing about the creepy, hateful "israelites" calling the Kentucky kids "faggots" though? Interesting. The only people that mentioned the "wall" were the hateful black guys. If you have been to DC....you have seen them......Hateful people.

This is fake news. Why CNN isn't showing "cracker callers"....is beyond me. You?

It's a dumb story. We all have kids that act like that on a field trip. No big deal. Just boys being boys.
Sure is.....but of course you are being your usual sardonic self.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
seacoaster wrote:
seacoaster wrote:Yes, I am seeing the "full" or at least fuller versions of the encounter (Kramerica posted it on another thread), and it is pretty sad and, for me anyway, hard to understand exactly how this group intersected with that group. I will say this: if any of the boys engaged in these antics were mine, I'd be mortified. If the F-Bombing Native American were a friend of mine, I wouldn't be very happy with him talking to the kids that way. And no matter what, the encounter -- and YA, by this I am saying the encounter, not the media portrayal of it -- is a pretty unhappy testament to where we are.
Nothing about the creepy, hateful "israelites" calling the Kentucky kids "faggots" though? Interesting. The only people that mentioned the "wall" were the hateful black guys. If you have been to DC....you have seen them......Hateful people.

This is fake news. Why CNN isn't showing "cracker callers"....is beyond me. You?

It's a dumb story. We all have kids that act like that on a field trip. No big deal. Just boys being boys.

Sure is.....but of course you are being your usual sardonic self.
Come on man....just get those young school boys fellas a couple cases of bud light and let them chill in your basement....MAGA! Life has been unfair to those boys. Hell those Israelites used to be all over NYC.... I even saw Obama holding a megaphone!

EDIT: Still there......Is that Obama in the background? Keep hope alive.....Go Pats!
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

One way to look at it. Maybe this will get the attention of the left in Congress. https://twitter.com/charliekirk11/statu ... 05568?s=21
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
MAGA....those guys in those hats are the folks that America has left behind. Hard scrabble folks that can’t catch a break....probably from here
Good call social justice warriors.
What's Muncie got to do with it? The deplorables there built the best ever transmission.
The MSM learned a lot from their Buzzfeed fiasco.
I'm down with the Black Hebrew Israelites. Their shtick is hilarious.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
MAGA....those guys in those hats are the folks that America has left behind. Hard scrabble folks that can’t catch a break....probably from here
Good call social justice warriors.
What's Munchie got to do with it? The deplorables there built the best ever transmission.
The MSM learned a lot from their Buzzfeed fiasco.
I'm down with the Black Hebrew Israelites. Their shtick is hilarious.
I bet I know Muncie better than you...Covington, KY too ;). My uncle may have worked on that car! Sweet. You are right about the Israelites. My father debated those dudes in time square in ‘96 ;)
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

I stayed in Muncie 1 year for Indiana Sprint Week. Centrally located to most of the race tracks. Nice town.

My '69 350c.i./300 hp Vette had a Muncie 4sp. Perfect combo, best ride I ever had. Would probably still have it, had it not been stolen from the parking lot of the '71 Army-Navy FB game in Philly. ...I still hate that town.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote:I stayed in Muncie 1 year for Indiana Sprint Week. Centrally located to most of the race tracks. Nice town.

My '69 350c.i./300 hp Vette had a Muncie 4sp. Perfect combo, best ride I ever had. Would probably still have it, had it not been stolen from the parking lot of the '71 Army-Navy FB game in Philly. ...I still hate that town.
You are too kind....I know the town very well....fond memories......nice car.
“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Muncie????

My cousin went to Ball State. She was a heck of a lax player out of upstate NY but for some reason ended up there.
Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote:Muncie????

My cousin went to Ball State. She was a heck of a lax player out of upstate NY but for some reason ended up there.

My cousin's stepson will be playing football there. QB. You go to Ball State....you end up at Hofstra. :) Covington, KY is probably 2 1/2 hours south of Muncie but a lifetime away.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Based on his reported age, it look's like Nathan Phillips reported service in Nam would have been in the Blumenthal Brigade.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... -question/

...Marine Recon Ranger ????
a fan

Post by a fan »

And the heartfelt letter from the kid in the video came from a PR firm in Louisville.

Delightful groups of people at this event, no?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Wonder how accurate this is? I honestly have no clue. Trump Blindsides Congress, Finds All The Border Wall Money Needed And BILLIONS More

In a column from The American Thinker, conservative author Rovvy Lepor reveals that Congress has over one trillion dollars sitting in what he calls “unobligated balances.”

While President Trump is correct to remain committed to building a border barrier and has asked all Cabinet agencies for wall funding, he can fund the entire barrier without having to declare a national emergency.

Instead, he can draw full funding for a complete border barrier from unobligated balances. Unobligated balances “are the amounts of budget authority that have not yet been committed by contract or other legally binding action by the government.”

Former senator Tom Coburn described unobligated balances as “essentially money for nothing.” While in 2012 there was an estimated $687 billion in unobligated balances, unobligated balances in federal and trust funds in FY 2019 is estimated to be a whopping $1,156,136,000,000.

In a recent article, Scot Faulkner advises that President Trump should mine the available funds from unobligated balances to fund the border wall. Faulkner notes that “reallocating unused federal funds” for building the border wall could be done with “the stroke of President Trump’s pen – and a push of a button from the Office of Management and Budget.”

According to Faulkner, unobligated balances were used by President Lyndon Johnson to help fund his Great Society, by both Johnson and Nixon to help with funding for the Vietnam War, to assist with Carter’s expanding domestic programs, to go toward Reagan’s work to bring down the Soviet empire, to help fund both Iraq wars by Presidents George H.W. Bush and George W. Bush, and by President Clinton to help him stay within Republican congressional budget limits.

President Obama never used a budget sweep, allowing $914.8 billion in unspent, unobligated balances to continue to accrue. As a result, there will be an estimated $1.156 trillion in unobligated balances by the end of F.Y. 2019 if these balances are permitted to languish.

Any funds that President Trump can reallocate to building the border barrier without the need for approval to reprogram those funds from the Democrat-controlled House should be allocated for the barrier. However, if President Trump can take the unobligated balances and have the Treasury reclaim that money, it can be used to fully pay for a border barrier, additional border security personnel, and accompanying technology.

Further, other funding can be used to fund other critically important initiatives that would not receive Democrat support. Much of the over $1 trillion in unobligated balances could be used toward paying down the national debt that is currently close to $22 trillion.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Well that title is certainly sensationalized vs Lepor's original blog post. I haven't seen this anywhere else really, has anyone else picked up on this as a possibility? Any mainstream outlets, right or left?
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:24 pm Wonder how accurate this is? I honestly have no clue.
Neither do I.

Youthathletics. We're going to get your wall. Since you think the wall "is going to work", can you share with me what illegal immigration numbers you think are going to go way down as a result of this wall?

We can quantify that there's a major problem, yes?

So what numbers are you looking at that tells you that we need a wall?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Stupid Obama saved money for Trump to spend? Just like that SCOTUS seat.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

GREAT! That'll put a serious dent in the National Debt, right?

Right?

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

a fan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:24 pm Wonder how accurate this is? I honestly have no clue.
Neither do I.

Youthathletics. We're going to get your wall. Since you think the wall "is going to work", can you share with me what illegal immigration numbers you think are going to go way down as a result of this wall?

If we are apprehending a half a million migrants each year...roughly 40k/month, in police work they call that a clue.

On a Typical Day in Fiscal Year 2017, CBP...roughly 59K border patrol workers daily, support the efforts to keep efforts under control. Will adding more help?, sure but if we add another 3K agents that exceeds the price of the wall over a 7-10 year period.

Use of force is damned near minuscule compared to civil closures, which IMO shows that all these agents are doing is essentially playing babysitter and their time could be used much better, if they did not need to roam a line in the sand that few respect. They could be trained by Coast Guard to support more waters off the coast, moved to rural airports known air fields, without the need to hire more.

Drug Seizures Once on this page, click the Drug Seizures tab in the body of the page. In police work the amount of drugs entering our country via border patrol seizures is harming each and everyone of us in some way and again, is a clue. The goal should be zero, but I know that is unrealistic, but to accept this amount as okay....well that one seizure of heroin or opiods may have made it a family member.

I hope that satisfied your question by using CBP data.
~Livy

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

From the data:
OFO inadmissibility metrics include: individuals encountered at ports of entry who are seeking lawful admission into the United States but are determined to be inadmissible, individuals presenting themselves to seek humanitarian protection under our laws; and individuals who withdraw an application for admission and return to their countries of origin within a short timeframe.
A smart barrier in certain areas is not a terrible part of the overall strategy. Demagoguing and fear-mongering the issue IS.

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:31 am
a fan wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:08 pm
Neither do I.

If we are apprehending a half a million migrants each year...roughly 40k/month, in police work they call that a clue.

On a Typical Day in Fiscal Year 2017, CBP...roughly 59K border patrol workers daily, support the efforts to keep efforts under control. Will adding more help?, sure but if we add another 3K agents that exceeds the price of the wall over a 7-10 year period.

Use of force is damned near minuscule compared to civil closures, which IMO shows that all these agents are doing is essentially playing babysitter and their time could be used much better, if they did not need to roam a line in the sand that few respect. They could be trained by Coast Guard to support more waters off the coast, moved to rural airports known air fields, without the need to hire more.

Drug Seizures Once on this page, click the Drug Seizures tab in the body of the page. In police work the amount of drugs entering our country via border patrol seizures is harming each and everyone of us in some way and again, is a clue. The goal should be zero, but I know that is unrealistic, but to accept this amount as okay....well that one seizure of heroin or opiods may have made it a family member.

I hope that satisfied your question by using CBP data.

Stop eating the cheese

As a refresher, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is one of the federal government agencies still operating under a Continuing Resolution (CR) which limits funding to Fiscal Year 2018 levels. The president’s budget request for DHS in FY19 included only $1.6 billion for 65 new miles of border wall. But since that February request, the president has stated on numerous occasions he now wants $5 billion in the current fiscal year. To my knowledge, however, no budget amendment with an accompanying justification has ever been presented to the congressional Appropriations Committees.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”