Sensible Gun Safety

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
runrussellrun

Re: Sensible Gun Control

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:53 am Pastor shot with own gun

Just senseless. I feel bad for the Pastor and the people shot.
Darwin award
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Bart

Post by Bart »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:36 pm
youthathletics wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:01 pm
holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:56 pm 21M guns sold in 2020, up 60%. Women, black people top buyers

"Analysts estimate there were 8.4M first-time gun buyers in 2020"

A lot of scared people out there on both sides looking for protection. Unfortunately a few looking for offense too.
Interesting demographic. Scared of what is the $10,000 question. Protestors that we saw take over cities and towns, the left wanting to take guns away, the right wing nuts, or just sick of the gov. effing with us non-stop.

Likely the latter.
Yes to all of the above. COVID really kicked off the buying and hoarding, then it snowballed. People scared of getting shot while going for a jog while black. Scared of ANTIFA. Scared of police breaking into your home unannounced. Scared of Beto saying "hell yes we want to take your AR". Scared of Trump saying "take the guns first, due process second." Scared of D's winning the election. Scared of Trumpists trying to overthrow the .gov

I bought a new 9mm braced pistol a few months ago just because it's fun to shoot. Reminds me, I need to get back out to the skeet / trap range soon, I haven't been in a while.
Good luck finding ammunition. I bought shotgun slugs in August because there were not a lot to be found. Glad I did, had I waited I would have been chucking rocks from a tree in November.

I wonder what the used gun market is going to look like in a year.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Bart wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:42 pm Good luck finding ammunition. I bought shotgun slugs in August because there were not a lot to be found. Glad I did, had I waited I would have been chucking rocks from a tree in November.

You ain't kidding. And the guns themselves are hard to find in a lot of models, and overpriced as well. After the Obama era run on ammo, I stocked up when it was cheap. I lucked out and got a few boxes of 9mm at around $0.30 per round back in October, but it's definitely slim pickings.

Luckily 12g target loads are still pretty easy to get around here.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

One of the guys in our company was working in SW DC today, this was the car in front of his that got hit by gunfire...he had just walked in to the building after parking. Insane out there.

NEWS 4 Story: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... c/2542133/

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:38 pm
Bart wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:42 pm Good luck finding ammunition. I bought shotgun slugs in August because there were not a lot to be found. Glad I did, had I waited I would have been chucking rocks from a tree in November.

You ain't kidding. And the guns themselves are hard to find in a lot of models, and overpriced as well. After the Obama era run on ammo, I stocked up when it was cheap. I lucked out and got a few boxes of 9mm at around $0.30 per round back in October, but it's definitely slim pickings.

Luckily 12g target loads are still pretty easy to get around here.
Turns out my .38 and .357 wad cutters are worth as much as bitcoin. ;)

A lot of this stuff will wind up on eBay...I'll be a buyer of some used fly fishing gear about this time next year.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

The NRA just announced it is filing for bankruptcy protection. Might be fun to be the trustee in bankruptcy and look at some nifty clawbacks from Wayne and Friends.

https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/13 ... 4815580168
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:54 pm One of the guys in our company was working in SW DC today, this was the car in front of his that got hit by gunfire...he had just walked in to the building after parking. Insane out there.

NEWS 4 Story: https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/loca ... c/2542133/

German on German violence.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:27 pm The NRA just announced it is filing for bankruptcy protection. Might be fun to be the trustee in bankruptcy and look at some nifty clawbacks from Wayne and Friends.

https://twitter.com/JanNWolfe/status/13 ... 4815580168
It’s probably because schools have been closed for a while
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

A little boomer humor to lighten the mood...

cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

holmes435 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:05 pm A little boomer humor to lighten the mood...

:lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:51 am
holmes435 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:05 pm A little boomer humor to lighten the mood...

:lol:
Sums up CNN and NYT sources. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Looking for an o/u for the son who has expressed an interest in sporting clays. 12 or 20 possibly. If anyone has a safe queen that might fit the bill, pm me.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

“I wish you would!”
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

YouTuber Shot and Killed While Attempting 'Prank' Robbery

"The shooting reportedly took place in the parking lot of Urban Air, a trampoline and adventure park in a strip mall in Nashville's Hermitage neighborhood. There, police say that Wilks and a friend approached a group of people, both of them wielding butcher knives. Starnes was among those people and, not realizing that Wilks was filming a prank, shot him. Starnes told detectives he was protecting himself and others from a perceived threat."

Maybe we'll enact proper YouTube and knife control to prevent this kind of complete insane stuff from happening.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Funny bit from a comedian Bert Kreisher on guns

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=io2d_cpoLDg
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:44 am Completely insane
Indeed, insane.

“You should have kept your f–king mouth [shut],”

This is why we tell our kids, "Don't write a check with your mouth..."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

holmes435 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:38 pm YouTuber Shot and Killed While Attempting 'Prank' Robbery

"The shooting reportedly took place in the parking lot of Urban Air, a trampoline and adventure park in a strip mall in Nashville's Hermitage neighborhood. There, police say that Wilks and a friend approached a group of people, both of them wielding butcher knives. Starnes was among those people and, not realizing that Wilks was filming a prank, shot him. Starnes told detectives he was protecting himself and others from a perceived threat."

Maybe we'll enact proper YouTube and knife control to prevent this kind of complete insane stuff from happening.
Not really surprising given it is almost certain that their brains, specifically the decision center, were not fully formed.

Young men and women (men < 25, women < 23) do stupid things because they are incapable of using a non-existent faculty. Actuaries gave known this for decades; try renting a car if you are younger than that.
Last edited by PizzaSnake on Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:07 am Funny bit from a comedian Bert Kreisher on guns

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=io2d_cpoLDg
Bert had me spit up the coffee at the 2:22 mark. Here IS what he, Bert Kreisher, said in the video that someone else posted.

"I'm like complain, men are talking "

(edit: ok, this came out as "complain" instead of witch, only starting with a B)

who knew that tRump U. had "comedy" classes......speaks volumes to those that find this guys comment funny. IS not Bert a always Trumper and a Joe Rogan bro, which are all Trump supporters ?
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s comedy just stop with the bs. Jesus do you want to make everyone miserable? Is that your goal? It’s Fng comedy. Stop being a douche. There’s a reason you live in the penalty box and you’re no Bob Probert or Tie Domi.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “POLITICS”