All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

RedFromMI

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by RedFromMI »

CU88 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:38 am Vaccine needs time.

Why do I have to continue with precautions after I've been vaccinated?

In the short run, it will take some time for the vaccine's effectiveness to build up. (Effectiveness is defined as not getting sick with COVID-19. If 100 vaccinated people are exposed to a virus and 50 of them subsequently develop symptoms, that vaccine is 50% effective.)

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... vid-19-vac
Also it cannot yet be excluded that a vaccinated person be a carrier - no real information on that yet...
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

In the short run, it will take some time for the vaccine's effectiveness to build up. (Effectiveness is defined as not getting sick with COVID-19. If 100 vaccinated people are exposed to a virus and 50 of them subsequently develop symptoms, that vaccine is 50% effective.)

great....so all the bars can have 2nd shot vaxx happy hours, documentation required, but masks are not. In fact, old school drinking game tournaments should start. what, with a 95% effective rate and all.

Think of all the maskless superbowl parties one can have........plenty of time. Family members just got their second shots.........one not too happy with the 2nd vaxx shot symptoms . Might have to take a few days off......not good when you are doctor. oh well.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

In the short run, it will take some time for the vaccine's effectiveness to build up. (Effectiveness is defined as not getting sick with COVID-19. If 100 vaccinated people are exposed to a virus and 50 of them subsequently develop symptoms, that vaccine is 50% effective.
poorly worded and inaccurate by the author. it doesn't mean 50% develop symptoms. it actually means 50% fewer people developed symptoms than the non-vaccinated group, predicating that 50% of the vaccine population is/was "protected" from symptoms for that stretch of time.

by the article, don't agree that running regular covid tests on trial participants would've slowed things down. it would've cost a good deal more money and effort than just logging several hundred symptom cases, but would've provided that info and could've been run in parallel. they weren't asked for it, and thus didn't do it.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:09 am Right, we should listen to Trump and cronies. :lol:
Why is everything with you always have to tie into Trump? What's wrong with Kram questioning the WHO. News for you, MANY have. They have lost a tremendous amount of credibility in the past year+. Issue these kind of statements only to walk them back, alter them, clarify shortly thereafter. Their messaging has been very poor.

Joe
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:26 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:09 am Right, we should listen to Trump and cronies. :lol:
Why is everything with you always have to tie into Trump? What's wrong with Kram questioning the WHO. News for you, MANY have. They have lost a tremendous amount of credibility in the past year+. Issue these kind of statements only to walk them back, alter them, clarify shortly thereafter. Their messaging has been very poor.

Joe
I'd trust this thread more than the garbage that Trump spewed month after month.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Joe
I'd trust this thread more than the garbage that Trump spewed month after month.
Understood, but who in this thread trusted the garbage Trump spewed? My point is that Kram questioning the WHO credibility DOES NOT mean he trusted the garbage that Trump spewed. There shouldn't be any causality there. Emotions should be left out of it.

Joe
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

I didn't suggest we listen to Trump.

Comparing the WHO (or Biden or anything else) to Trump may make those things seem RELATIVELY reliable or good.

But that does not make them ACTUALLY reliable or good.
Last edited by kramerica.inc on Mon Jan 18, 2021 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:56 pm
foreverlax wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:10 pm

Joe
Understood, but who in this thread trusted the garbage Trump spewed? My point is that Kram questioning the WHO credibility DOES NOT mean he trusted the garbage that Trump spewed. There shouldn't be any causality there. Emotions should be left out of it.

Joe
Sure, and yet here we are...bunch of heck idiots banging out our pearls of wisdom, sprinkled with snark when appropriate.

I used to say it and play it way more on the old LP....sometimes it just becomes "sport" :lol:
a fan

Post by a fan »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:56 pm Understood, but who in this thread trusted the garbage Trump spewed?
Oh, those posters left the building after the election....
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:18 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:56 pm Understood, but who in this thread trusted the garbage Trump spewed?
chuckle...Petey, Bandito...the almost good old days.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:57 pm
I didn't suggest we listen to Trump.

Comparing the WHO (or Biden or anything else) to Trump may make those things seem RELATIVELY reliable or good.

But that does not make them ACTUALLY reliable or good.
AMEN.

Joe
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman: I'm 75. I had cancer. I got COVID-19 because my GOP colleagues dismiss facts.

"Refusing to wear a mask is not, in fact, an act of self-expression. It's an act of public endangerment."
wapo.st/2XNJpE9
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Just another case of Republican maskholes spreading their vermin.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

a fan wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:18 pm
Did any of our current poster cohort post on this thread or on other threads when Covid was mentioned describe the virus as 'just another flu'? Or blame the Chinese for our escalating death rate? Or suggest that wearing masks was really just a matter of personal freedom? Or anything else that threw shade on the notion that the pandemic was of the gravest concern? Or for that matter that there was a miracle drug that solved the problem..."get back to work" therefore?

Pretty sure no one argued for bleach, but seems to me I recall someone debating whether light might be used...I'd cut someone some slack on that one for pure curiosity, but man...

Let's just say that there's been a lot of crazy town response to what has been most assuredly the worst public health crisis in the US in our lifetimes. Trump at the forefront...

Which has certainly been hard to swallow for those who otherwise supported him.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Another Record Day for U.S. Covid-19 Deaths; World Death Toll Nears Two Million

According to Johns Hopkins, the U.S. tallied more than 4,300 Covid-19 deaths in a single day on Tuesday. Two weeks into 2021, the U.S. has already experienced multiple record-breaking days, with five of the highest single-day death tolls occurring in the new year (AP, CNN). The seven-day average for Covid-19 deaths in the U.S. is now over 3,300, and more than 380,000 have died since the start of the pandemic. Around the world, nearly two million people have died.

Experts say that the situation in the U.S. is likely to remain serious through the winter. However, they are hopeful that things could turn around in the summer. Dr. Paul Offitt, a member of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, said that through a combination of mass vaccinations, warmer weather and new policies by the incoming administration, the U.S. could see marked improvement toward the middle of 2021.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Shocker

CDC Report Finds Earlier and More Stringent Implementation of Covid-19 Prevention Methods Key to Saving Lives

A report published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report analyzed data from 37 European countries to assess which mitigation policies were more effective at preventing loss of life (NYT). According to the report, timing and stringency of the policies strongly affected the mortality rate. Countries that imposed strict measures soon after experiencing outbreaks saw fewer deaths than those with looser guidelines or those who implemented mitigation policies later. According to the report, even small delays in implementing policies like border closures, stay-at-home orders and physical distancing directives resulted in large increases in loss of life. The researchers estimated that if the 26 countries with the most relaxed mitigation policies had followed the lead of countries with more stringent policies, approximately 74,000 deaths could have been prevented.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:30 pm Shocker

CDC Report Finds Earlier and More Stringent Implementation of Covid-19 Prevention Methods Key to Saving Lives

A report published in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report analyzed data from 37 European countries to assess which mitigation policies were more effective at preventing loss of life (NYT). According to the report, timing and stringency of the policies strongly affected the mortality rate. Countries that imposed strict measures soon after experiencing outbreaks saw fewer deaths than those with looser guidelines or those who implemented mitigation policies later. According to the report, even small delays in implementing policies like border closures, stay-at-home orders and physical distancing directives resulted in large increases in loss of life. The researchers estimated that if the 26 countries with the most relaxed mitigation policies had followed the lead of countries with more stringent policies, approximately 74,000 deaths could have been prevented.
Dud.......no link....no value.

Sure would love to read this report.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Won't provide a link to this CDC report either....guess it's not required to be accurate

https://principia-scientific.com/cdc-re ... 9-vaccine/

3150 People Given COVID-19 Vaccine Unable To Perform Normal Daily Activities
According to the CDC, as of December 18, 2020, 3,150 people who were vaccinated against COVID-19 became “unable to perform normal daily activities, are unable to work and required care from doctor or health care professional.”
The V-safe Active Surveillance for COVID-19 Vaccines describes it as Health Impact Events. As per CDC assessment, persons with anaphylaxis following COVID-19 vaccination should not receive additional doses of COVID-19 vaccine.

The CDC also recommended consultation with allergy/immunology experts to provide guidance on evaluation of persons following anaphylaxis to COVID-19 vaccine.

NY Times report this? ;)
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

CU88 wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:30 pm Shocker

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/ ... mm7002e4_w

I added the report for you.

put down the twitter......
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Interesting.......it IS either this gang of seagulls just squawks around, hitting each thread like its a fresh load of trash......and only time will have the gang return here, as THIS threads visits and activity has come to a screetching halt. (and PLEASE, spare us with the lame excuse of other events. metro, financial, sports, gossip, arts....all typical news departments for most infotainment )

it IS as if no one wants to discuss the vaxx results, symptoms, etc. Not just on this website either.

or, did tRump scare the Pfeizer people into lying about the 95% (ball already moved to 50% :roll: effacasy too

stock market didn't care about Jan. 6th, why should we ;)

Return to “POLITICS”