All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:49 pm
JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:07 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 pm Who thought we would be laying 389,000 dead 11 months in? We are likely to hit 425,000 by March 1....we are going to hit 2 million dead globally by Sunday.
It's just the flu.
Get it right, it's REPLACED the flu! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
Bucks took a beating last night
Other than Shaun Wade, their secondary was "swiss cheese" all year long. Knew it way back in the Indiana game, it's usually their strong suit but not this year! Mac Jones looks like your typical Alabama Frat Guy, but boy does he have a strong and very accurate arm. Very impressed with his performance last night. I EXPECTED Devonta to go off like that, he's that GOOD.

Joe
I am not crazy about Wade....overrated and he takes plays off. Alabama was the better team. I like Mac Jones. I hope Denver drafts him.
“I wish you would!”
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm
wgdsr wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:40 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:58 pm Who thought we would be laying 389,000 dead 11 months in? We are likely to hit 425,000 by March 1....we are going to hit 2 million dead globally by Sunday.
joe says hold my beer to that march 1 estimate.
tho it's directionally accurate.
I haven’t heard what new guidance has come out. What’s the new number? I stopped looking at projections last Spring I believe.

EDIT: watching Cade Cunningham from OK State. He has a lot of Grant Hill in him. Not as explosive an athlete but quick. Very smooth.
i believe the number you were looking for might be 525? or maybe you meant feb 1? but yes, we are likely to hit 425 by march 1, as likely as we are to hit 392.

ok state it is.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:51 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:39 pm WHO claims no herd immunity until 2020.
Out of curiosity, who in their right mind listens to the WHO these days?

Kinda lost a lot of Cred when they bungled the past year+. And they are still propping up Tedros. And still cow towing to China.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Right, we should listen to Trump and cronies. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bart wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:50 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:39 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:46 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:20 pm Data?

Self reporting....data?

you own a business, say, a retirement home.

You paying for someone to spend the time logging into the VAERS website to report "symptoms"? Each, and every, single case/patient?

And the patients/residents with brain function issues, they gonna be able to communicate issues with getting the vaxx?

I don't have a degree from a fancy college in Cambridge, but LOGIC would dicktate that every single person that IS getting the new vaxx is followed up with. contact tracing style.

A cheap email alogrytym can even make this follow up, symptoms tracing super easy and effecient.

Doc B......you ARE on this ,right?

geezbus....even woodstock knew about tainted acid, but our "best N brightest" can just seem to track V19 vaxx results. Please, tell me I am wrong with this. Vaxx receipiants have to follow up with the CDC or FDA/VAERS.....automatically. Especially after getting the shot.

This IS happening, right.

crickets
Yes, there is a national web site for those who have received the vaccination. You are instructed to report any significant medical events to your account on the site.
sounds about right. a vaxx patient develops symptoms, and the first thought for most that are sick are to log into their VEARS account (which I have been linking and assume that IS what you are referring too, the national website? Can you please provide a link to this national website
Person I know very well who got the vaccine has been contacted several times by by vsafe.cdc.gov. They checked in daily at first fir the first week or so. Now once every five days or so three weeks post vaccination. There was the initial chore of creating an account. Contact is by text.
Sounds like another SELF reporting tool.

VAERS self reporting, the V19 links I posted yesterday, has a rate of .0004. (10 million vaxx patients, 4k self report )

Hopefully this vsafe.cdc.gov program can get to at least 1 percent participation. Volunteering always works for important stuff :roll:

It is good that they contact the folks that bothered , voluntarily, to set up an account. Follow up. Really is good. But.........we joke that older folks aren't super tech savvy. The residents of Happy Valley nursing home get all crazy playing crazy birds or the game funny man Ryan Reynolds used to tout on the tv ads, downloaded as apps, or that 83 year olds smart phone. Yeah, geico has the current run of "old people' not being tech savvy. (download pdf ) So, in reality, how many older folks, you know the target audience, how many of them have smart phones?

NO...... public health HAS to HAVE a better system than this. Certainly. To trace a brand new vaxx.

The "best and brightest", I guess, are happy when hardly anyone gets involved. Move along, the vaxx is perfect. and, the fact that it won't even come close to the 95% advertized prevention...no one will care. blame it on the mutation. ;)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

A vaxx was developed by sinovac, to be injected on symptomatic patients only? This is what the article is conveying? that people who already HAVE covid and symptoms, are to get this vaxx? Am I understanding the article correctly?

I thought vaxx PREVENTED us from getting the darn thing......what is going on?
Bart

Post by Bart »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:34 am

VAERS self reporting, the V19 links I posted yesterday, has a rate of .0004. (10 million vaxx patients, 4k self report )

Hopefully this vsafe.cdc.gov program can get to at least 1 percent participation. Volunteering always works for important stuff :roll:

It is good that they contact the folks that bothered , voluntarily, to set up an account. Follow up. Really is good. But.........we joke that older folks aren't super tech savvy. The residents of Happy Valley nursing home get all crazy playing crazy birds or the game funny man Ryan Reynolds used to tout on the tv ads, downloaded as apps, or that 83 year olds smart phone. Yeah, geico has the current run of "old people' not being tech savvy. (download pdf ) So, in reality, how many older folks, you know the target audience, how many of them have smart phones?

NO...... public health HAS to HAVE a better system than this. Certainly. To trace a brand new vaxx.

The "best and brightest", I guess, are happy when hardly anyone gets involved. Move along, the vaxx is perfect. and, the fact that it won't even come close to the 95% advertized prevention...no one will care. blame it on the mutation. ;)
So what exactly is your solution? You want the CDC to go door to door and ask? I am actually curious to know what would you do?

I am not indicating this is perfect, far from it but they are following up to some extent. If people choose to participate, it is up to them.

As for the VAERS self reporting, it is too bad the report rate is low but it is for Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting....could it be possible that of the 10 million vaccinated the number of adverse events is low? Again, I do not know. I would like more follow up as well but I do not have an idea as to how to do it other than send out folks to knock on doors....is that what you would like?

FWIW...my mother in law is 85, has a smart phone and uses it quite well.
Bart

Post by Bart »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:42 am
A vaxx was developed by sinovac, to be injected on symptomatic patients only? This is what the article is conveying? that people who already HAVE covid and symptoms, are to get this vaxx? Am I understanding the article correctly?
That is how I read it. Very poorly written. I am with you on this, I don't understand it as well.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bart wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:42 am

So what exactly is your solution? You want the CDC to go door to door and ask? I am actually curious to know what would you do?

I am not indicating this is perfect, far from it but they are following up to some extent. If people choose to participate, it is up to them.

As for the VAERS self reporting, it is too bad the report rate is low but it is for Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting....could it be possible that of the 10 million vaccinated the number of adverse events is low? Again, I do not know. I would like more follow up as well but I do not have an idea as to how to do it other than send out folks to knock on doors....is that what you would like?

Simple solution.

NO vaxx until you set up an account, and again, can not be given the vaxx until you get a code, sent to your smart phone or email, and that code is verified by the health care provider.

Like when you log into smartphone APPS or the dispensary lets you know your order is ready, verification codes like that.

It eliminates all the BS volunteer nonsense and gives you a much better grasp.

Hire tens of thousands of people to help with the data input, for the non tech savy, and for the follow up. Pay them $35 an hour, because it IS that important. dozens of computer software that has automatic emails, polls, data input and forced replies out there to use as well.

For this moment, phone number, email and name are all that is needed for follow up and to register. Just type it into a gosh darn excel spreadsheet if you have too....and then import and play with the blah blah blah....

Bayh/Dole act will never allow this simple tracking system to be set up.

If you want specifics, hire McKinsey for $250 million, to write a 69 page "playbook" of nonsense to hash it all out. Or, we are sure that Event 201, offers real time solutions. It was, after all, a "real time" exercise for a pretend virus. Run by Bloomberg/Johns hopkins/gates, etc. Paid for by the US tax payer. The hotel does have excellent coffee. Let us know when the smartest people, who apparently can code, just not for a V19 vaxx tracking system, no codes for that...that is hard. Like level 7 hard.......

....funny how Event 201 has taken the lame "tinfoil hat" or even lamer "conspiracy theory" stuff, even tho it was a real event. With real people. With real proof that it happened. And DocB, JHU72 have nothing to say about their useless colleagues.
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:23 am
Bart wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:42 am

Simple solution.

NO vaxx until you set up an account, and again, can not be given the vaxx until you get a code, sent to your smart phone or email, and that code is verified by the health care provider.

Like when you log into smartphone APPS or the dispensary lets you know your order is ready, verification codes like that.

Hire tens of thousands of people to help with the data input, for the non tech savy, and for the follow up. Pay them $35 an hour, because it IS that important. dozens of computer software that has automatic emails, polls, data input and forced replies out there to use as well.

For this moment, phone number, email and name are all that is needed for follow up and to register. Just type it into a gosh darn excel spreadsheet if you have too....and then import and play with the blah blah blah....

If you want specifics, hire McKinsey for $250 million, to write a 69 page "playbook" of nonsense to hash it all out. Or, we are sure that Event 201, offers real time solutions. It was, after all, a "real time" exercise for a pretend virus. Run by Bloomberg/Johns hopkins/gates, etc. Paid for by the US tax payer. The hotel does have excellent coffee. Let us know when the smartest people, who apparently can code, just not for a V19 vaxx tracking system, no codes for that...that is hard. Like level 7 hard.......

....funny how Event 201 has taken the lame "tinfoil hat" or even lamer "conspiracy theory" stuff, even tho it was a real event. With real people. With real proof that it happened. And DocB, JHU72 have nothing to say about their useless colleagues.
Thanks buddy. Those are good ideas.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:48 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:07 pm
It's just the flu.
Get it right, it's REPLACED the flu! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe
I must have gotten out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, but I don't get what's funny about your response.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Simple solution.

Thanks. That seems reasonable and plausible to me. I do not know how you would get around the privacy issues questions and non compliance. I guess you could say no sign up, no vaccine but then that would lead to other issues.

I do not think the coding thing is that big of a deal but I am not a programmer. In my experience, at work we have been pool tested quite a bit. You sign up, enter your data and then when you take the test they link a barcode on the test to your data. Seems like that would work with the vaccine as well...I think this is exactly what you are talking about at the top.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bart wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:46 am
Simple solution.

Thanks. That seems reasonable and plausible to me. I do not know how you would get around the privacy issues questions and non compliance. I guess you could say no sign up, no vaccine but then that would lead to other issues.

I do not think the coding thing is that big of a deal but I am not a programmer. In my experience, at work we have been pool tested quite a bit. You sign up, enter your data and then when you take the test they link a barcode on the test to your data. Seems like that would work with the vaccine as well...I think this is exactly what you are talking about at the top.
yes, it is.

It IS beyond insane that this isn't happening.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

vaccines are only given to people that are not covid positive at the time.

what it means is the mild to severe cases were cut by 78%, but when very mild cases that don't need medical attention (all gotten after getting a 2nd dose and then a period of maybe a week thereafter) are measured that effectiveness is 50% overall. which means in very mild cases it's less than 50%. it's not written clearly.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 am

what it means is the mild to severe cases were cut by 78%, but when very mild cases that don't need medical attention (all gotten after getting a 2nd dose and then a period of maybe a week thereafter) are measured that effectiveness is 50% overall. which means in very mild cases it's less than 50%. it's not written clearly.
Define "medical attention" regarding symptoms. Different thresholds of pain for different people. Still walked and logged several miles the first days symptoms showed up. When the Hershey squirts happened on day 3, that was a short walk. Boston Marathon winner Utta still makes me cry.....what an athlete.
kramerica.inc

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by kramerica.inc »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:33 am
wgdsr wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:26 am

Define "medical attention" regarding symptoms. Different thresholds of pain for different people. Still walked and logged several miles the first days symptoms showed up. When the Hershey squirts happened on day 3, that was a short walk. Boston Marathon winner Utta still makes me cry.....what an athlete.
.GOV: Remember- you should hurry up and get vaccinated!!! *

*But if something bad happens you have no recourse.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-v ... wsuit.html
If you experience severe side effects after getting a Covid vaccine, lawyers tell CNBC there is basically no one to blame in a U.S. court of law.

The federal government has granted companies like Pfizer and Moderna immunity from liability if something unintentionally goes wrong with their vaccines.

“It is very rare for a blanket immunity law to be passed,” said Rogge Dunn, a Dallas labor and employment attorney. “Pharmaceutical companies typically aren’t offered much liability protection under the law.“

You also can’t sue the Food and Drug Administration for authorizing a vaccine for emergency use, nor can you hold your employer accountable if they mandate inoculation as a condition of employment.

Congress created a fund specifically to help cover lost wages and out-of-pocket medical expenses for people who have been irreparably harmed by a “covered countermeasure,” such as a vaccine. But it is difficult to use and rarely pays. Attorneys say it has compensated less than 6% of the claims filed in the last decade.

Immune to lawsuits
In February, Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar invoked the Public Readiness and Emergency Preparedness Act. The 2005 law empowers the HHS secretary to provide legal protection to companies making or distributing critical medical supplies, such as vaccines and treatments, unless there’s “willful misconduct” by the company. The protection lasts until 2024.

That means that for the next four years, these companies “cannot be sued for money damages in court” over injuries related to the administration or use of products to treat or protect against Covid.

HHS declined CNBC’s request for an interview.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:09 am Right, we should listen to Trump and cronies. :lol:
+1

WHO has much more cred than WH
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Vaccine needs time.

Why do I have to continue with precautions after I've been vaccinated?

In the short run, it will take some time for the vaccine's effectiveness to build up. (Effectiveness is defined as not getting sick with COVID-19. If 100 vaccinated people are exposed to a virus and 50 of them subsequently develop symptoms, that vaccine is 50% effective.)

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... vid-19-vac
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Return to “POLITICS”