Inside Lacrosse Faceoff Yearbook 2019 Rankings

D1 Mens Lacrosse
ohmilax34

Re: Inside Lacrosse Faceoff Yearbook 2019 Rankings

Post by ohmilax34 »

This is getting better and better and I don't see it ending soon.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

DALaxDad wrote:Their’s no reason to loose your sense of humor. If One L Hillary, were around, than you would see some corrections.
DALaxDad,

Slow day at work. But I think you passed up a couple of misspelling opportunities here. Might have tried:

"Their's know reason to loose you're cents of humor."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Henpecked wrote:
DALaxDad wrote:Their’s no reason to loose your sense of humor. If One L Hillary, were around, than you would see some corrections.
DALaxDad,

Sloe day at work. Butt I think you past up a couple of misspelling opportunities hear. Mite halve tried:

"Their's know reason to loose you're cents of humor."
ftfy.
left eye alone. that won is two ez. hear's too LaxFi and OneL.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Unsportsmanlike conduct, number 69 on the defense, impersonating a teen-aged girl. Unsportsmanlike conduct, number 00 on the offense, taunting the chubby kid in gym class. Penalties offset, replay fourth down.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

wahoomurf wrote:
Cooter wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:
Cooter wrote:Irritable would probably have been a better choice.
I never told you where you could post, but "actions speak louder than words".

So what is you case for UVa being #1, that they scored some 4th quarter goals to make the Loyola loss look closer than it was in the NCAA tmt. or the kept it within 11 against ND in the ACC final? Of course, they did dominate VMI 17-8 in between - that is it!
Quoth wahoomurf I thought UVA, UNC, Navy, Bruno,Lehigh under-performed last year. :roll: YOU CASEfor Detroit Mercy being #1 is interesting.NEXT.
Oh, I made a typo. What a big deal on a forum.
Making a big deal of such a thing on a forum, really lacks class.
You think a spelling error is a BIG DEAL? I don't.Don't be so tough on yourself. But I must admit your interpretation of my comment---to wit "I thought UVA, UNC, Navy, Bruno,Lehigh under-performed last year lacks class.You read that and averred "you case for UVa being #1" was a declaration I made? :roll: Spell check will help you with the words.Neurological intervention can help you with your reading comprehension.Best of luck.
Actually, I used the fact that you were complaining about my posting that UVa shouldn't be as high as #5, and extrapolated using the data that your name contains "wahoo". :D
Live Free or Die!
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Cooter wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:
Cooter wrote:
wahoomurf wrote:
Cooter wrote:Irritable would probably have been a better choice.
I never told you where you could post, but "actions speak louder than words".

So what is you case for UVa being #1, that they scored some 4th quarter goals to make the Loyola loss look closer than it was in the NCAA tmt. or the kept it within 11 against ND in the ACC final? Of course, they did dominate VMI 17-8 in between - that is it!
Quoth wahoomurf I thought UVA, UNC, Navy, Bruno,Lehigh under-performed last year. :roll: YOU CASE for Detroit Mercy being #1 is interesting.NEXT.
Oh, I made a typo. What a big deal on a forum.
Making a big deal of such a thing on a forum, really lacks class.
You think a spelling error is a BIG DEAL? I don't.Don't be so tough on yourself. But I must admit your interpretation of my comment---to wit "I thought UVA, UNC, Navy, Bruno,Lehigh under-performed last year lacks class.You read that and averred "you case for UVa being #1" was a declaration I made? :roll: Spell check will help you with the words.Neurological intervention can help you with your reading comprehension.Best of luck.
Actually, I used "the fact that you were complaining about my posting that UVa shouldn't be as high as #5" and extrapolated using the data that your name contains "wahoo". :D
Where precisely is the factual,written COMPLAINT :shock: you allege I issued that substantiates your statement---" your(my) posting that UVa (UVA) shouldn't be as high as #5"? Point it out please.
WildPride

Post by WildPride »

Antonio114 wrote:
HopFan16 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Yale's schedule is a walk in the park compared to Hopkins. Yes its true that there are not a ton of truly bad teams but relatively speaking Yale's schedule is filled with "cupcakes." Airforce Quinnipiac and Dartmouth are all solidly in the cupcake category. Brown and Harvard have been quite unimpressive in recent years as well (borderline cupcake). Even Villanova and Princeton are not super hard. I would advise against sleeping on Penn though despite recent results. Last year they beat Michigan, Bucknell, crushed Nayv, and even beat Duke. They also return lots of their talent. As for Hopkins, they only have two definite cupcakes with Mount St. Mary's and Delaware and then two not so hard games with Towson and Princeton. Besides that every game for them is against a legitimately good team that will give them a tough game.
Villanova has finished each of the last 3 seasons ranked inside the Top 20. Two years ago they beat UMD before UMD went on to win the Natl Championship. Last year they beat Yale and we all know how Yale finished out the season. Nova was ranked as high as Top 5 last year before they lost significant contributors due to injuries. Nova can compete toe to toe with anyone. I doubt Yale views them as "not super hard."
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

WildPride wrote:
Antonio114 wrote:
HopFan16 wrote:
runrussellrun wrote:
Villanova has finished each of the last 3 seasons ranked inside the Top 20. Two years ago they beat UMD before UMD went on to win the Natl Championship. Last year they beat Yale and we all know how Yale finished out the season. Nova was ranked as high as Top 5 last year before they lost significant contributors due to injuries. Nova can compete toe to toe with anyone. I doubt Yale views them as "not super hard."
I'm really just going by their performance last year and who appears to be leaving according to their Inside Lacrosse page. Villanova appears to lose a ton of talent. Out of their 7 top scorers who got double digit points, 4 are leaving (unless there is some redshirt situation I don't know about), including their 2 top points producers. While they got off to a very impressive start last year, there are some pretty poor results, even with the injuries. Losing to a bad Brown team, barely escaping really bad St. Johns and Providence teams late in the season, not getting it done versus Georgetown, the crushing loss to Denver. That plus the lost talent and I would be looking forward to playing them compared to teams like Cornell Penn St. and Michigan. Even teams like Penn and UMass look better than them next season, but that's just IMO and based on what's on paper. Never got a chance to see them play besides a few highlights and maybe the "not super hard" designation is unfair, especially if some of those seniors are coming back for a red shirt year.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

It looks like the discussion of QK's rankings got cleared by the Server switch.

QK's preseason 2019 rankings:
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... oint/53601
Live Free or Die!
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

Cooter wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:21 pm It looks like the discussion of QK's rankings got cleared by the Server switch.

QK's preseason 2019 rankings:
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... oint/53601
I'm not sure I understand having UVA and Syracuse higher than Cornell and Loyola. Cornell and Loyola were both better last year and both bring back a top 5 players. Maybe by the end of the season the ACC teams are better but I don't know how you can say that right now. But I think part of Quint's rankings is always about drawing a reaction so he certainly has done it.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Cooter wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:21 pm It looks like the discussion of QK's rankings got cleared by the Server switch.
Our fault. We had a database that ended on Jan. 22 that definitely worked and another on Jan. 24 that was current but questionable. We went with the safe bet and, as a consequence... All the posts between Jan. 22-24 were sacrificed.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

InsideLacrosse's First Media poll is out:
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/DI/polls

1 Yale (0 - 0) 556 (26) --
2 Duke (0 - 0) 527 (1) --
3 Maryland (0 - 0) 492 --
4 Loyola (0 - 0) 448 --
5 Cornell (0 - 0) 443 --
6 Virginia (0 - 0) 414 (1) --
7 Johns Hopkins (0 - 0) 378 --
8 Denver (0 - 0) 375 --
9 Penn State (0 - 0) 333 --
10 Syracuse (0 - 0) 306 --
11 Notre Dame (0 - 0) 291 --
12 Rutgers (0 - 0) 215 --
13 Lehigh (0 - 0) 212 --
14 Albany (0 - 0) 135 --
15 North Carolina (0 - 0) 131 --
16 Ohio State (0 - 0) 128 --
17 Princeton (0 - 0) 102 --
18 UMass (0 - 0) 80 --
19 Georgetown (0 - 0) 79 --
20 Michigan (0 - 0) 78

Receiving Votes:
Robert Morris, Marquette, Villanova, Towson, Penn, Navy, Vermont, Bryant, Army, UMBC, Jacksonville, Boston University

The most noticeable thing is Notre Dame dropping down to #11 due to the loss of Garnsey.
Looking at the polling group at:
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... poll/53624
There are a number of pollsters who I don't have a high opinion of. The poll turns out fairly decent though.

While I would probably pick Yale #1 as they won it last season, and I imagine that is what a number of the pollsters felt, I am not sure that I feel they are quite as dominating team as the 26 of 28 1st place votes might indicate. As one who follows the Big Ten, I might put OSU ahead of Rutgers. Otherwise, I am not sure there is anything I would switch by more than 1 or 2 rankings.
Live Free or Die!
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

Cooter wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 1:37 pm InsideLacrosse's First Media poll is out:

Looking at the polling group at:
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... poll/53624
There are a number of pollsters who I don't have a high opinion of. The poll turns out fairly decent though.
which ones?
calourie

Post by calourie »

Interestingly enough USILA has the same top 9 as the IL Media Poll, flipping Syracuse and Notre Dame in the 10 spot. Very few variations in the last 9 spots as well Does anyone smell colusion?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/usila/polls/19
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We're not big fans of Preseason Rankings. (For heaven's sake, earn your ranking.) But, if you are a fan, here you go. https://t.co/wVOwzeynvG
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

calourie wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:53 pm Interestingly enough USILA has the same top 9 as the IL Media Poll, flipping Syracuse and Notre Dame in the 10 spot. Very few variations in the last 9 spots as well Does anyone smell colusion?

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/league/usila/polls/19
It does seem a bit peculiar that with all the parity that there is such a pecking order.
I imagine that individuals have significant differences, like QK's rankings.
Live Free or Die!
Dunker

Post by Dunker »

admin wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:24 am We're not big fans of Preseason Rankings. (For heaven's sake, earn your ranking.) But, if you are a fan, here you go. https://t.co/wVOwzeynvG
Good stuff Admin- If pressed, most fans could probably make an argument why every team in the top 10-11 could win the NC. With so many top 15 teams (arbitrary cut-off) battling other top 15 teams at least 3-5 times, the regular season should produce many exciting high quality games. Quint's picks hold a lot of water in my eyes. He probably calls coaches for assessments, especially on new players. Coaches obviously can't do this and the media will get coach speak.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”